Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (2.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      7 (19.4%)
      Brad Smith
      1 (2.8%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      4 (11.1%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (2.8%)
      Joe Allen
      5 (13.9%)
      Jordon Ibe
      9 (25%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      3 (8.3%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (2.8%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Sergi Canos
      2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 17, 2016 05:00:46 pm

West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 26267 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #345: May 15, 2016 10:42:30 pm
      3 days away from the biggest game since 2005 and no pre match thread?  ???

Start one then...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #346: May 15, 2016 11:01:24 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #347: May 15, 2016 11:05:15 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #348: May 15, 2016 11:09:35 pm
      Stop bumping posts from mentally challenged internet users!

Ibe scored a beauty. More gifs and videos of that, please.

not everyone thinks IBE's goal was a good one I thought it was outstanding
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #349: May 15, 2016 11:12:48 pm
      Seen the pics of the tribute. Maximum respect to them. Rickie Lambert was one of their players involved which was appropriate.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your last away jaunt of the season Cas.

Great touch from Rickie. A shame, in different circumstances he could have been a decent player for us. Just unfortunate that he arrived at a time when the club lost the plot.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #350: May 16, 2016 12:34:01 am
       Decent draw we could have won, or just as easily lost. Great goal from Ibe, and nice gesture from baggies.
      So we finish eighth and most are dissapointed. Hammers one place above are ecstatic.
      That pretty much makes s statement about who we are.
      With our nutty loveable manager, a good pre season, a few of his own choice players in, and we will be going places next season.
      Let's hope we win on Eednesdsy to qualify for C L and we will have s better chance of attracting higher quality players
      Oh, and let's hope hammers pay us s fair price for Zbenteke, and Bournemouth a decent price for Henderson.  :f_whistle:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #351: May 16, 2016 06:19:20 am
      Don't know how much it says about our campaign.  Think it might say more about theirs.

We finished 2 points less than last season.

They finished 40 points better than last season

Excellent point. Still bloody frustrating no matter which way you look at it though.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #352: May 16, 2016 09:33:09 am
      Back from the Hawthorns on this bright May sunny day, have to congratulate them on the '96 tribute' red seats in the away end and a rather nice justice banner...respect.

Yea I thought it was a really nice touch and respectfully done. Hats off West Brom.

Slow end to a Jekyll and Hyde kind of season, but loads to look forward to next. Think this game showed a little glimpse as to which youngsters are worth investing into next season, Brannagan and Ibe being amongst them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #353: May 16, 2016 09:47:39 am
      Another decent result using the ressies.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6711 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #354: May 16, 2016 10:02:07 am
      Boring game but it was good to see the kids get a run out and strut their stuff. Can't wait for the Final though, absolutely buzzing.

One thing I have to say is about our defending of set pieces and corners. F**k we are horrible. sh*t myself every time one was coming our way.

Now I'm no Manager, but would one expect that you would put your biggest defender on their biggest attacker at set pieces? I thought that would make sense so I expected Skrtel to pick up Rondon every time. But on each occasion I looked, Skrtel was no where F***ing near him and he had so many chances to score, just thank F**k that he fluffed his shot on more then one chance he was given.

This sh*t needs to be sorted out. They're biggest attacker needs to have our biggest defender on him like F***ing glue at every set piece. It's not F***ing rocket science.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #355: May 16, 2016 10:38:18 am
      I have not seen the match but all accounts the kids played well.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #356: May 16, 2016 11:29:06 am
      Boring game but it was good to see the kids get a run out and strut their stuff. Can't wait for the Final though, absolutely buzzing.

One thing I have to say is about our defending of set pieces and corners. F**k we are horrible. Sh*t myself every time one was coming our way.

Now I'm no Manager, but would one expect that you would put your biggest defender on their biggest attacker at set pieces? I thought that would make sense so I expected Skrtel to pick up Rondon every time. But on each occasion I looked, Skrtel was no where f**king near him and he had so many chances to score, just thank f**k that he fluffed his shot on more then one chance he was given.

This sh*t needs to be sorted out. They're biggest attacker needs to have our biggest defender on him like f**king glue at every set piece. It's not f**king rocket science.

The problem with that, one you'll never hear pundits and press talk about because they love to moan about zonal marking, is that it can create its own problems by dragging defenders out of position and creating space for others to get a free header. There is no right or wrong way to defend, there is only good and bad defending. Sadly we're just bad at it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #357: May 16, 2016 12:11:33 pm
      Missed the match as I was having a long weekend in Reykjavik.
      Good to see Hendo and Ings back and great that Ibe grabbed what looks like a cracking goal.

Onwards to Wednesday evening.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6711 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #358: May 16, 2016 01:34:54 pm
      The problem with that, one you'll never hear pundits and press talk about because they love to moan about zonal marking, is that it can create its own problems by dragging defenders out of position and creating space for others to get a free header. There is no right or wrong way to defend, there is only good and bad defending. Sadly we're just bad at it.

We are terrible at it mate. I just think it's logical our big man picks up their big man and the rest can sort itself out. Other teams big men just seem to keep getting free headers with no one challenging. Gives me the F***ing shits and inevitably leads to those cu*ts scoring.  I think  the commentator said last night we have conceded from 16 set peices this season. That's just fu**ed up.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #359: May 17, 2016 01:49:01 am
      The game was pretty much a non event, so there's not a lot to write about it tbh, other than we still haven't beaten Pulis in the league away from home.

Interesting however was Pulis comments, of the games this season. The first one in December was of basically how great it is that teams with no money can hack compete with those who have, in the Premiership. The one here was the last of the year, and some of their fans are already showing signs of weariness with their annual diet of 13th place standard football. But he reminds people that only one stand in the country flies the Champions flag on it every year, the rest don't, and that's fine by him.

#noambition
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #360: May 17, 2016 08:54:28 pm
      Just saw Ibe's goal. Super run and tidy finish. Why can't he do THAT more often !?  Just on chances shown on MOTD, looked like we were lucky to get the draw. Different side though tomorrow. Not as worried about league position this year, the Europa adventure has kinda taken over.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #361: May 17, 2016 09:21:11 pm
      https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=652116521607660&id=100004279546106

Anyone at the game who can help with this?

Hope the link works.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #362: May 17, 2016 09:27:48 pm

Not working.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #363: May 17, 2016 10:39:51 pm

It's working ok for me JD.

You may have seen it, one of the Hillsborough families Gemma McDonnell is trying to trace the person who left a scarf draped on her brother Peters seat at West Brom.  I'm guessing to say thank you.

Quick Reply