Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC fan Darren Clarke to call on Klopp and Dalglish

Read 1392 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      LFC fan Darren Clarke to call on Klopp and Dalglish
      May 17, 2016 09:44:05 am
      Jürgen Klopp could play a Ryder Cup role for Europe, says Darren Clarke

By Mike Patterson    Last Updated: 17/05/16 8:38am

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp will be asked to assist Europe's Ryder Cup team later this year, says Darren Clarke.

European captain Clarke is a season-ticket holder at Anfield and is ready to ask the former Borussia Dortmund manager to help motivate his team as they prepare to take on the United States at Hazeltine in September.

Sir Alex Ferguson helped inspire the Paul McGinley-led European team when they retained the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in 2014 and the former Manchester United manager is likely to be on board once again this year.

But Clarke is a big admirer of "livewire" Klopp and has been impressed with the way the 48-year-old has performed since replacing Brendan Rodgers as Liverpool manager in October.

"I've already talked to the likes of Kenny Dalglish and Sir Alex Ferguson and I hope the latter will join us later in the year because he was a real inspiration in the team room at Gleneagles last time," Clarke told the Daily Mail.

"I would like to talk to Sir Clive Woodward as well because I'm sure he would have a lot to offer.

"But Jürgen is definitely someone else I will approach. He's an absolute livewire, isn't he? He's a bundle of energy and that can be infectious. He's a terrific motivator, so I want to pick his brains."

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/10285333/Jürgen-klopp-could-play-a-ryder-cup-role-for-europe-says-darren-clarke
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: LFC fan Darren Clarke to call on Klopp and Dalglish
      Reply #1: May 17, 2016 09:56:25 am
      Jürgen Klopp could play a Ryder Cup role for Europe, says Darren Clarke

By Mike Patterson    Last Updated: 17/05/16 8:38am

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp will be asked to assist Europe's Ryder Cup team later this year, says Darren Clarke.

European captain Clarke is a season-ticket holder at Anfield and is ready to ask the former Borussia Dortmund manager to help motivate his team as they prepare to take on the United States at Hazeltine in September.

Sir Alex Ferguson helped inspire the Paul McGinley-led European team when they retained the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in 2014 and the former Manchester United manager is likely to be on board once again this year.

But Clarke is a big admirer of "livewire" Klopp and has been impressed with the way the 48-year-old has performed since replacing Brendan Rodgers as Liverpool manager in October.

"I've already talked to the likes of Kenny Dalglish and Sir Alex Ferguson and I hope the latter will join us later in the year because he was a real inspiration in the team room at Gleneagles last time," Clarke told the Daily Mail.

"I would like to talk to Sir Clive Woodward as well because I'm sure he would have a lot to offer.

"But Jürgen is definitely someone else I will approach. He's an absolute livewire, isn't he? He's a bundle of energy and that can be infectious. He's a terrific motivator, so I want to pick his brains."

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/10285333/Jürgen-klopp-could-play-a-ryder-cup-role-for-europe-says-darren-clarke

I'd kick the Goven tramp into touch but you can't fault his other choices  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: May 17, 2016 11:00:12 am
      Starting a thread without starting a thread. I feel like Everton when they're winning without winning :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3: May 17, 2016 11:15:52 am
      I would laugh if Jürgen told them he thought golf was a sh*t sport.

Because it is!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #4: May 17, 2016 11:22:58 am
      I think they should ask bellers too seeing as he's pretty handy with a golf club  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply