Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Who will be missing at the end of next season?

Read 7504 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Who will be missing at the end of next season?
      May 19, 2016 09:31:26 am
      Final game of 2015-16

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge.
      [Subs] Ward, Benteke, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Skrtel.

Who won't be in the matchday squad at the end of next season?

I'll go first

Toure, Moreno, Lallana, Skrtel, Lucas, Benteke, Milner
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Who will be missing at the end of next season?
      Reply #1: May 19, 2016 09:57:18 am
      Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if Barcelona/Real Madrid came in for Coutinho. He is fantastic player but only turns up half the games. Get £40 million odd for him and get into the transfer market with that money.

Benteke, MORENO (please Jürgen - get rid of him), Toure, Skrtel, Lucas (may be not sure)...

In reply to your list, Lallana is not going anywhere - he has a bromance with Klopp. It seems Klopp loves him. Milner is staying for another season and then he will be gone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: May 19, 2016 10:58:43 am

Mignolet, Moreno, Skrtel, Lucas, Benteke, Allen
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: May 19, 2016 11:32:07 am
      Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if Barcelona/Real Madrid came in for Coutinho. He is fantastic player but only turns up half the games. Get £40 million odd for him and get into the transfer market with that money.

Benteke, MORENO (please Jürgen - get rid of him), Toure, Skrtel, Lucas (may be not sure)...

In reply to your list, Lallana is not going anywhere - he has a bromance with Klopp. It seems Klopp loves him. Milner is staying for another season and then he will be gone.

If we can nab Gotze, and one of the spanish clubs come in with a big bid for Coutinho, I'll personally drive them to the bank to collect the money

He's had some great moments this year, but has he really kicked on and up a level ?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #4: May 19, 2016 11:34:22 am
      Final game of 2015-16

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge.

I'll go first

You forgot Mig. Skrtel and benteke, both gone
      Think Toure may have earned himself a one-year extension. Think Lucas may be kept on as that older / wiser head in the dressing room - and mentor to the likes of Firminio
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: May 19, 2016 11:42:12 am
      Am sure Klopp will make changes, but I hope he errs more towards selective quality additions.

Whereas at end of previous season were had Balo/Lambert/Borini up front, next season with Sturridge, Origi and Ings we would be in better shape in final third. Though with Benteke going, could also bring striker in.

In the middle at least Lucas will go, maybe Hendo too (if Klopp feels his injury in long term). On the wings, Ibe might go, but hopefully Ojo will continue to impress. Allen I'd keep.

At the back, Mignolet and Moreno are possible leavers, with Toure & Skrtel going too. So need CB, and maybe GK and FB.

If we make wholesale changes, think it'll just be yet another season of transition. If we make fewer, but better quality, first XI, additions, would be more hopeful we can press on.

Regardless, thankful Jürgen is the man overseeing it all.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 2818 
      Reply #6: May 19, 2016 01:09:22 pm
      Toure, Moreno and Benteke are the obvious three from the squad last night that won't be here (although I'd like us to give Kolo another year).

Milner, Lallana and Mignolet could easily find themselves relegated down to the bench - with no Europe it will be interesting to see if they want to stay and fight.

Ward will be out on loan I'd imagine.

If I'm honest though I'm still unsure about the players Jürgen truly rates in our squad. Think we could be in for a few surprises in the summer and a couple of 'safe' players might find themselves looking for a new club.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #7: May 19, 2016 01:53:01 pm
      If I'm honest though I'm still unsure about the players Jürgen truly rates in our squad. Think we could be in for a few surprises in the summer and a couple of 'safe' players might find themselves looking for a new club.

Provided we successfully land the targets that Jürgen wants. This is a big assumption that almost all of us make. That we land our targets. Failing which, say hi again to one or two of our incumbents.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #8: May 19, 2016 01:59:47 pm

Just to add to my (forgot first thing this morning - I was in a sh*te mood) list:

Henderson (please go somewhere else - PLEASE)
      Pirlo (I like him but his time is up)
      IBE (loaned so that he can learn how to look up and make a pass)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #9: May 19, 2016 04:39:21 pm
      Toure, Moreno, Lallana, Skrtel, Henderson, Sturridge, Benteke, Milner, Allen

Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #10: May 19, 2016 04:59:57 pm
      Kolo, Moreno, Milner, Allen, Balotelli, Hendo, Benteke,skrtel ,migs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #11: May 19, 2016 05:15:01 pm
      Shouldn't it be 'missing at the end of the transfer window?'

Some of them might not take the hint until January was my thinking.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,689 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: May 19, 2016 05:33:00 pm
      Final game of 2015-16

I'll go first

Mine are Toure, Moreno, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Benteke
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13: May 19, 2016 06:02:16 pm
      Skrtel, Benteke.

I don't think Jürgen is going to dump Moreno, Lallana, Henderson, Mignolet, Toure or Allen.

There are a few that may go for a chance to play more  (Toure, Allen) and some may find themselves coming off the bench instead of starting (Moreno, Lallana, Mignolet)

We are not going to go out and buy 6-8 new players that are just going to slot in to the starting XI, the premier league or the manager. Guys like Zielinski, Grujic & Karius are kids that have never played either for the manager or in this league, we cannot expect them to just come in and be better than a Lallana.

Goetze or someone of similar ilk, Matip and another will probably walk into the first team and it is pretty obvious though skilled that guys like Stewart, Rossiter, Smith are not going to make it here, Ibe is iffy to me only Ojo and Brannagan are showing anything right now from the kids.

We should never put ourselves in the position like we did this year where we are sending out a squad with an average age of 22 like we did the past few league matches..we need the bench to be strong not just full of "potential." 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #14: May 19, 2016 06:38:11 pm
      Kolo, Lucas, Skrtel, Allen and Benteke.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15: May 19, 2016 07:34:46 pm
      Toure, Skrtel, Lucas, Benteke, Allen, Ibe, but I also expect a lot of our "prospects" to leave.

Henderson I think has probably only been saved by his end of season injury, Milner by his versatility.

I think we will see more revolution than evolution in the summer with possibly even one of our big names and best players leaving (Coutinho, Sturridge ) if they get impatient, while a few others may leave as they realise they are going to become backup rather than starters.

Without Europe it is not going to be quite as easy to give people enough games to keep them all happy and I expect frustration through lack of opportunities to further deplete this seasons squad.

For me it is more about bringing better quality players in than worrying about who leaves. If players are happy to stay and fight for their place... great, if not, hopefully we will get a good fee for them.     
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #16: May 19, 2016 08:11:37 pm
      Toure, Ward (on loan), Benteke, Allen, Skrtel, and perhaps Lucas.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: May 19, 2016 08:29:20 pm
      For me it is more about bringing better quality players in than worrying about who leaves. If players are happy to stay and fight for their place... great, if not, hopefully we will get a good fee for them.

Sums it up perfectly.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18: May 19, 2016 08:40:48 pm
      If we're including subs, Benteke, Skrtel, Toure, Allen, Bogdan and Moreno. There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Lallana will be here next season.

I have a feeling Toure might be offered six months to a year if Sakho gets a lengthy ban.

One thing I do wonder, and wonder what the rest of you think, is since we have Sturridge, Origi and Ings as out-and-out strikers, with the sale of Benteke, should we go for a fourth striker or another Firmino-type versatile player? Personally, given that Klopp doesn't seem to like playing two strikers from the start, I think it would be waste to bring a fourth striker in and we should focus on an upgrade on Firmino.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19: May 19, 2016 08:48:35 pm
      One thing I do wonder, and wonder what the rest of you think, is since we have Sturridge, Origi and Ings as out-and-out strikers, with the sale of Benteke, should we go for a fourth striker or another Firmino-type versatile player? Personally, given that Klopp doesn't seem to like playing two strikers from the start, I think it would be waste to bring a fourth striker in and we should focus on an upgrade on Firmino.

I think Gotze is earmarked for that role mate. I think we may also go for a goalscoring winger type who can play central at a pinch, rather than another central AM that can wide at a pinch such as Couts and Firmino. Someone who can beat a player, get a cross in or pick a pass and can even score when the opportunity presents itself, rather than relying on fullbacks who have no end product.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: May 19, 2016 08:59:56 pm
      I think Gotze is earmarked for that role mate. I think we may also go for a goalscoring winger type who can play central at a pinch, rather than another central AM that can wide at a pinch such as Couts and Firmino. Someone who can beat a player, get a cross in or pick a pass and can even score when the opportunity presents itself, rather than relying on fullbacks who have no end product.

Again, can only agree with this.

Gotze is the man we're hell bent on bringing in. With Dortmund showing their knickers at him it will be a very hard refusal for him but I thought if he was going to go there it would have been announced alongside the Hummels deal so hopefully he's still coming this way. Although he could have simply put a hold on matters to see if we got CL, so limbo as usual.

I have a lot of hope that Ojo could prove to be the answer to one of wide problems, but S@int is spot on when he highlights just how poor our fullbacks have been in end product. I understand when people say defenders should defend first but given the space and time they're afforded in our system they really needed to produce more. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of these get improved upon.

I know Clyne gets in everyone's "to keep" list and for next season I suspect he most definitely will be our starting RB but I see him getting replaced as soon as the more alarming holes in the squad are filled.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #21: May 19, 2016 09:06:55 pm
      Again, can only agree with this.

Gotze is the man we're hell bent on bringing in. With Dortmund showing their knickers at him it will be a very hard refusal for him but I thought if he was going to go there it would have been announced alongside the Hummels deal so hopefully he's still coming this way. Although he could have simply put a hold on matters to see if we got CL, so limbo as usual.

I have a lot of hope that Ojo could prove to be the answer to one of wide problems, but S@int is spot on when he highlights just how poor our fullbacks have been in end product. I understand when people say defenders should defend first but given the space and time they're afforded in our system they really needed to produce more. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of these get improved upon.

I know Clyne gets in everyone's "to keep" list and for next season I suspect he most definitely will be our starting RB but I see him getting replaced as soon as the more alarming holes in the squad are filled.

Leicester have shown with their full backs who don't cross the half way line that it's much more important what your attackers do.
      If we had a LB as solid as Clyne imagine the number of goals we would not have conceded this season?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #22: May 19, 2016 09:07:33 pm
      I think we may also go for a goalscoring winger type who can play central at a pinch, rather than another central AM that can wide at a pinch such as Couts and Firmino. Someone who can beat a player, get a cross in or pick a pass and can even score when the opportunity presents itself, rather than relying on fullbacks who have no end product.

I really really hope this is the case. And I would love to see Canos and Ojo given an opportunity too. Also, don't forget... Markovic, though I still have my doubts, but we shall see.

Quick Reply