Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Who will be missing at the end of next season?

Read 7503 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Who will be missing at the end of next season?
      May 19, 2016 09:31:26 am
      Final game of 2015-16

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge.
      [Subs] Ward, Benteke, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Skrtel.

Who won't be in the matchday squad at the end of next season?

I'll go first

Toure, Moreno, Lallana, Skrtel, Lucas, Benteke, Milner
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Who will be missing at the end of next season?
      Reply #1: May 19, 2016 09:57:18 am
      Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if Barcelona/Real Madrid came in for Coutinho. He is fantastic player but only turns up half the games. Get £40 million odd for him and get into the transfer market with that money.

Benteke, MORENO (please Jürgen - get rid of him), Toure, Skrtel, Lucas (may be not sure)...

In reply to your list, Lallana is not going anywhere - he has a bromance with Klopp. It seems Klopp loves him. Milner is staying for another season and then he will be gone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: May 19, 2016 10:58:43 am

Mignolet, Moreno, Skrtel, Lucas, Benteke, Allen
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: May 19, 2016 11:32:07 am
      Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if Barcelona/Real Madrid came in for Coutinho. He is fantastic player but only turns up half the games. Get £40 million odd for him and get into the transfer market with that money.

Benteke, MORENO (please Jürgen - get rid of him), Toure, Skrtel, Lucas (may be not sure)...

In reply to your list, Lallana is not going anywhere - he has a bromance with Klopp. It seems Klopp loves him. Milner is staying for another season and then he will be gone.

If we can nab Gotze, and one of the spanish clubs come in with a big bid for Coutinho, I'll personally drive them to the bank to collect the money

He's had some great moments this year, but has he really kicked on and up a level ?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #4: May 19, 2016 11:34:22 am
      Final game of 2015-16

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge.

I'll go first

You forgot Mig. Skrtel and benteke, both gone
      Think Toure may have earned himself a one-year extension. Think Lucas may be kept on as that older / wiser head in the dressing room - and mentor to the likes of Firminio
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: May 19, 2016 11:42:12 am
      Am sure Klopp will make changes, but I hope he errs more towards selective quality additions.

Whereas at end of previous season were had Balo/Lambert/Borini up front, next season with Sturridge, Origi and Ings we would be in better shape in final third. Though with Benteke going, could also bring striker in.

In the middle at least Lucas will go, maybe Hendo too (if Klopp feels his injury in long term). On the wings, Ibe might go, but hopefully Ojo will continue to impress. Allen I'd keep.

At the back, Mignolet and Moreno are possible leavers, with Toure & Skrtel going too. So need CB, and maybe GK and FB.

If we make wholesale changes, think it'll just be yet another season of transition. If we make fewer, but better quality, first XI, additions, would be more hopeful we can press on.

Regardless, thankful Jürgen is the man overseeing it all.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,341 posts | 2818 
      Reply #6: May 19, 2016 01:09:22 pm
      Toure, Moreno and Benteke are the obvious three from the squad last night that won't be here (although I'd like us to give Kolo another year).

Milner, Lallana and Mignolet could easily find themselves relegated down to the bench - with no Europe it will be interesting to see if they want to stay and fight.

Ward will be out on loan I'd imagine.

If I'm honest though I'm still unsure about the players Jürgen truly rates in our squad. Think we could be in for a few surprises in the summer and a couple of 'safe' players might find themselves looking for a new club.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #7: May 19, 2016 01:53:01 pm
      If I'm honest though I'm still unsure about the players Jürgen truly rates in our squad. Think we could be in for a few surprises in the summer and a couple of 'safe' players might find themselves looking for a new club.

Provided we successfully land the targets that Jürgen wants. This is a big assumption that almost all of us make. That we land our targets. Failing which, say hi again to one or two of our incumbents.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #8: May 19, 2016 01:59:47 pm

Just to add to my (forgot first thing this morning - I was in a sh*te mood) list:

Henderson (please go somewhere else - PLEASE)
      Pirlo (I like him but his time is up)
      IBE (loaned so that he can learn how to look up and make a pass)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #9: May 19, 2016 04:39:21 pm
      Toure, Moreno, Lallana, Skrtel, Henderson, Sturridge, Benteke, Milner, Allen

Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #10: May 19, 2016 04:59:57 pm
      Kolo, Moreno, Milner, Allen, Balotelli, Hendo, Benteke,skrtel ,migs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #11: May 19, 2016 05:15:01 pm
      Shouldn't it be 'missing at the end of the transfer window?'

Some of them might not take the hint until January was my thinking.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: May 19, 2016 05:33:00 pm
      Final game of 2015-16

I'll go first

Mine are Toure, Moreno, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Benteke
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13: May 19, 2016 06:02:16 pm
      Skrtel, Benteke.

I don't think Jürgen is going to dump Moreno, Lallana, Henderson, Mignolet, Toure or Allen.

There are a few that may go for a chance to play more  (Toure, Allen) and some may find themselves coming off the bench instead of starting (Moreno, Lallana, Mignolet)

We are not going to go out and buy 6-8 new players that are just going to slot in to the starting XI, the premier league or the manager. Guys like Zielinski, Grujic & Karius are kids that have never played either for the manager or in this league, we cannot expect them to just come in and be better than a Lallana.

Goetze or someone of similar ilk, Matip and another will probably walk into the first team and it is pretty obvious though skilled that guys like Stewart, Rossiter, Smith are not going to make it here, Ibe is iffy to me only Ojo and Brannagan are showing anything right now from the kids.

We should never put ourselves in the position like we did this year where we are sending out a squad with an average age of 22 like we did the past few league matches..we need the bench to be strong not just full of "potential." 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,236 posts | 4923 
      Reply #14: May 19, 2016 06:38:11 pm
      Kolo, Lucas, Skrtel, Allen and Benteke.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15: May 19, 2016 07:34:46 pm
      Toure, Skrtel, Lucas, Benteke, Allen, Ibe, but I also expect a lot of our "prospects" to leave.

Henderson I think has probably only been saved by his end of season injury, Milner by his versatility.

I think we will see more revolution than evolution in the summer with possibly even one of our big names and best players leaving (Coutinho, Sturridge ) if they get impatient, while a few others may leave as they realise they are going to become backup rather than starters.

Without Europe it is not going to be quite as easy to give people enough games to keep them all happy and I expect frustration through lack of opportunities to further deplete this seasons squad.

For me it is more about bringing better quality players in than worrying about who leaves. If players are happy to stay and fight for their place... great, if not, hopefully we will get a good fee for them.     
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #16: May 19, 2016 08:11:37 pm
      Toure, Ward (on loan), Benteke, Allen, Skrtel, and perhaps Lucas.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: May 19, 2016 08:29:20 pm
      For me it is more about bringing better quality players in than worrying about who leaves. If players are happy to stay and fight for their place... great, if not, hopefully we will get a good fee for them.

Sums it up perfectly.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18: May 19, 2016 08:40:48 pm
      If we're including subs, Benteke, Skrtel, Toure, Allen, Bogdan and Moreno. There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Lallana will be here next season.

I have a feeling Toure might be offered six months to a year if Sakho gets a lengthy ban.

One thing I do wonder, and wonder what the rest of you think, is since we have Sturridge, Origi and Ings as out-and-out strikers, with the sale of Benteke, should we go for a fourth striker or another Firmino-type versatile player? Personally, given that Klopp doesn't seem to like playing two strikers from the start, I think it would be waste to bring a fourth striker in and we should focus on an upgrade on Firmino.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19: May 19, 2016 08:48:35 pm
      One thing I do wonder, and wonder what the rest of you think, is since we have Sturridge, Origi and Ings as out-and-out strikers, with the sale of Benteke, should we go for a fourth striker or another Firmino-type versatile player? Personally, given that Klopp doesn't seem to like playing two strikers from the start, I think it would be waste to bring a fourth striker in and we should focus on an upgrade on Firmino.

I think Gotze is earmarked for that role mate. I think we may also go for a goalscoring winger type who can play central at a pinch, rather than another central AM that can wide at a pinch such as Couts and Firmino. Someone who can beat a player, get a cross in or pick a pass and can even score when the opportunity presents itself, rather than relying on fullbacks who have no end product.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: May 19, 2016 08:59:56 pm
      I think Gotze is earmarked for that role mate. I think we may also go for a goalscoring winger type who can play central at a pinch, rather than another central AM that can wide at a pinch such as Couts and Firmino. Someone who can beat a player, get a cross in or pick a pass and can even score when the opportunity presents itself, rather than relying on fullbacks who have no end product.

Again, can only agree with this.

Gotze is the man we're hell bent on bringing in. With Dortmund showing their knickers at him it will be a very hard refusal for him but I thought if he was going to go there it would have been announced alongside the Hummels deal so hopefully he's still coming this way. Although he could have simply put a hold on matters to see if we got CL, so limbo as usual.

I have a lot of hope that Ojo could prove to be the answer to one of wide problems, but S@int is spot on when he highlights just how poor our fullbacks have been in end product. I understand when people say defenders should defend first but given the space and time they're afforded in our system they really needed to produce more. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of these get improved upon.

I know Clyne gets in everyone's "to keep" list and for next season I suspect he most definitely will be our starting RB but I see him getting replaced as soon as the more alarming holes in the squad are filled.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #21: May 19, 2016 09:06:55 pm
      Again, can only agree with this.

Gotze is the man we're hell bent on bringing in. With Dortmund showing their knickers at him it will be a very hard refusal for him but I thought if he was going to go there it would have been announced alongside the Hummels deal so hopefully he's still coming this way. Although he could have simply put a hold on matters to see if we got CL, so limbo as usual.

I have a lot of hope that Ojo could prove to be the answer to one of wide problems, but S@int is spot on when he highlights just how poor our fullbacks have been in end product. I understand when people say defenders should defend first but given the space and time they're afforded in our system they really needed to produce more. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of these get improved upon.

I know Clyne gets in everyone's "to keep" list and for next season I suspect he most definitely will be our starting RB but I see him getting replaced as soon as the more alarming holes in the squad are filled.

Leicester have shown with their full backs who don't cross the half way line that it's much more important what your attackers do.
      If we had a LB as solid as Clyne imagine the number of goals we would not have conceded this season?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #22: May 19, 2016 09:07:33 pm
      I think we may also go for a goalscoring winger type who can play central at a pinch, rather than another central AM that can wide at a pinch such as Couts and Firmino. Someone who can beat a player, get a cross in or pick a pass and can even score when the opportunity presents itself, rather than relying on fullbacks who have no end product.

I really really hope this is the case. And I would love to see Canos and Ojo given an opportunity too. Also, don't forget... Markovic, though I still have my doubts, but we shall see.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #23: May 19, 2016 09:08:51 pm
      Leicester have shown with their full backs who don't cross the half way line that it's much more important what your attackers do.
      If we had a LB as solid as Clyne imagine the number of goals we would not have conceded this season?

I agree. First and foremost, our full backs must be better defending than attacking.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24: May 19, 2016 09:09:39 pm

I think he has been playing well within himself offensively this season...New club, new manager, massive injuries and not the greatest around him. I have noticed the past 6 weeks or so how much more he has started bombing forward and making an impact as he has become more settled and perhaps at Jürgen's orders.

To me seeing how we can't have all German or Brazilian players in the squad (we do need a few homegrown right?) I think he is a shoe in at his position for the next 5+ years and is clearly our most consistent defender.

As the guy's at TAW mention quite a bit Jürgen likes playing with one attack minded back and one defensive minded one, to me Clyne is the best RB in the Premiership bar none and as long as he plays as consistently as he has (more games than any other player) and the quality stays then to me he is untouchable.

Player of the year in my mind.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25: May 19, 2016 09:12:26 pm

Leicester play a completely different style to us though, if we want to revert to that style then Clyne may well be good enough, but we don't. I like being the dominant team in possession, I like pressing the life out of opponents and forcing mistakes so for that I don't think Clyne offers enough. The opposition are all too aware of how little threat he carries and therefore he's gifted acres of space without occupying the defenders.

Judging Clyne by Moreno's standards really wont do us any favours either. I know it's difficult to find but we need a player more in the mould of Alves, Zabaleta than Clyne in my opinion. Sure it's fine to say we solidify one side and then go adventurous on the other but in the end you need it from both wings if you're going to drag defenders out of position.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: May 19, 2016 09:14:27 pm
      I think he has been playing well within himself offensively this season...New club, new manager, massive injuries and not the greatest around him. I have noticed the past 6 weeks or so how much more he has started bombing forward and making an impact as he has become more settled and perhaps at Jürgen's orders.

To me seeing how we can't have all German or Brazilian players in the squad (we do need a few homegrown right?) I think he is a shoe in at his position for the next 5+ years and is clearly our most consistent defender.

As the guy's at TAW mention quite a bit Jürgen likes playing with one attack minded back and one defensive minded one, to me Clyne is the best RB in the Premiership bar none and as long as he plays as consistently as he has (more games than any other player) and the quality stays then to me he is untouchable.

Player of the year in my mind.

Yes but the idea of that is you alternate, therefore you always have the energy. When it's solely reliant on one side the lad on that side gets knackered and your attacks become less threatening.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #27: May 19, 2016 09:27:55 pm
      Leicester play a completely different style to us though, if we want to revert to that style then Clyne may well be good enough, but we don't. I like being the dominant team in possession, I like pressing the life out of opponents and forcing mistakes so for that I don't think Clyne offers enough. The opposition are all too aware of how little threat he carries and therefore he's gifted acres of space without occupying the defenders.

Judging Clyne by Moreno's standards really wont do us any favours either. I know it's difficult to find but we need a player more in the mould of Alves, Zabaleta than Clyne in my opinion. Sure it's fine to say we solidify one side and then go adventurous on the other but in the end you need it from both wings if you're going to drag defenders out of position.

We will have to agree to disagree mate on Clyne, like AZ I think he has been one of our players of the year.

Clyne is never going to have Milners crossing ability but he certainly does contribute offensively just look at his cross at the end of the first half which should have been put away by one of Sturrudge or Firmino.

Get a goal scoring AM on his side of the pitch and you will see a lot more from Clyne, unfortunately Lallana does him no favours.

He presses high up the pitch as he has a great engine to get back into position.
      He's also a strong f**ker hardly ever knocked off the ball.
      One of the best RB in the country.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28: May 19, 2016 09:29:41 pm
      We will have to agree to disagree mate on Clyne, like AZ I think he has been one of our players of the year.

Clyne is never going to have Milners crossing ability but he certainly does contribute offensively just look at his cross at the end of the first half which should have been put away by one of Sturrudge or Firmino.

Get a goal scoring AM on his side of the pitch and you will see a lot more from Clyne, unfortunately Lallana does him no favours.

He presses high up the pitch as he has a great engine to get back into position.
      He's also a strong f**ker hardly ever knocked off the ball.
      One of the best RB in the country.

Fair enough mate.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29: May 19, 2016 09:42:42 pm

Yeah, we definitely need more goals from elsewhere. It would also be nice to have fullbacks who are balanced in both their ability to attack and defend. What we need more than anything is a leader in this team, a big game player who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck in the way Gerrard used to. No one's filled that void since he left.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #30: May 20, 2016 01:02:44 am
      Only toure and Moreno from the starting 11.

Even though the likes of mignolet and Lallana can be upgraded, Klopp seems to like them.

Even can and Milner aren't exactly world beaters but I think both will see a lot of games for us next season.

Morenos days are numbered though. If we don't sign a left back in the summer we will definitely sign one in January. He is finished here.

From the bench I suspect Skrtel  benteke and Allen will go in the summer, all looking for first team football.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #31: May 20, 2016 04:45:34 am

A goalscoring winger, who can play centrally, can beat a player, cross well, pass well, and score when he has chances.

Robben and Reus are probably a bit out of our league.

Give me a name of the gettable right back with brilliant end product who's as good as Clyne defensively.

I agree. First and foremost, our full backs must be better defending than attacking.

That's not really true for most top teams.

Leicester are an anomaly and play nothing like any other top team in any major league. Look at any of the best teams in Europe - all of them have at least one full back who is strong going forward.

I know it's difficult to find but we need a player more in the mould of Alves, Zabaleta than Clyne in my opinion.

Clyne can quite easily hit Zabaleta levels. Zabaleta wasn't great going forward, but he had intelligent players around him and his cut backs were very effective because that's how City played as a team.

Sure it's fine to say we solidify one side and then go adventurous on the other but in the end you need it from both wings if you're going to drag defenders out of position.

Klopp's Dortmund didn't have this - Schmelzer was nothing special going forward.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #32: May 20, 2016 06:10:14 am
      Final game of 2015-16

I'll go first

[Subs] Ward, Benteke, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Skrtel

Personally think that Lucas is an iffy one, either he'll move on for more regular football or will stay but only be a bit part player in the squad.

With Allen and Toure, I think they've done enough this half of these season to stay at the club; Toure at least on a one year extension. Allen is a very decent option to come off the bench in my opinion, that being said, if we can better then we need to do that.

Skrtel is a goner, that much is obvious, as is Moreno. Benteke will be sold to the likes of West Ham.

I think if we get a big offer for Coutinho (shouldn't do if you base it on his last few games) we'll end up accepting if we are truly in for the likes of Gotze.

I only see a few holes in the squad and they're all mainly in defence. I think Clyne has nailed down his place, Migs will have better competition for a place next season but we need 1/2 CB's including Matip and at least one RB.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #33: May 20, 2016 06:47:56 am
      A goalscoring winger, who can play centrally, can beat a player, cross well, pass well, and score when he has chances.

Robben and Reus are probably a bit out of our league.

They may well be mate, but Sadio Mane or Andre Schurrle could do a decent job and I am sure there are others, although the thought of Reus would certainly bring a smile to my face.  C.palace have a decent player too from what I remember. 

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34: May 20, 2016 08:11:48 am
      Can't see a mass exodus myself but as this is Jürgen's new Liverpool no one knows for sure who he'll despatch with, obvious goners imo are....
      Benteke, balo, Skrtel, Moreno,

Iffy's,....
      Kolo, Lucas, Hendo, Allen, Flanagan Milner,Sakho,Migs, Ibe,

Stayers.....
      Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, Lovren, Clyne, Origi Ings Ojo, Markovic,

Kids,....
      Smith Brannagan, Canos, Stewart, Ward

Anyone else it doesn't look to favourable, without European football we won't need 6-8 new faces but I expect to see at the very least 4 high quality top drawer players who will take us up a level or two,

All this talk of off loading Coutinho etc is pish why the F**k would you sell your best players isn't that the reason we've suffered from mediocrity these past 10 year's,
      We want to be adding quality not reducing it Ffs,
      Goetze, Zielinski etc are not certain either, Klopp will know whom he wants in and who he wants gone,
      It will start to unfold in about two weeks time.

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #35: May 20, 2016 08:21:44 am
      All this talk of off loading Coutinho etc is pish why the f**k would you sell your best players isn't that the reason we've suffered from mediocrity these past 10 year's,
      We want to be adding quality not reducing it Ffs,

I think the point with Coutinho and Sturridge is not that we may want to sell them, but that they may decide they want to go.

No European football and a team in transition are not as attractive to top players as you might think :)

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #36: May 20, 2016 08:51:53 am
      I think the point with Coutinho and Sturridge is not that we may want to sell them, but that they may decide they want to go.

No European football and a team in transition are not as attractive to top players as you might think :)

Perhaps not s@int but working with Jürgen Klopp alleviates that slightly, knowing that you have a more than average chance of lifting the Premiership title next season, if those players believed Klopp's plans prior to Wednesday then they should still do now,
      CL will come I have absolutely no doubt about that, I'm a simple fan and I believe it, if those players have any doubts whatsoever then they have no standing at this club.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37: May 20, 2016 08:56:03 am

Money is attractive for these young lads though. Its going to be an interesting summer. If we keep Daniel,Couthino,Firmino,Origi,Ings and Benteke that does give plenty of options.
      What we need is to concede fewer goals and have the ability to close games out.I guess that comes with experience
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: May 20, 2016 09:02:06 am
      Perhaps not s@int but working with Jürgen Klopp alleviates that slightly, knowing that you have a more than average chance of lifting the Premiership title next season, if those players believed Klopp's plans prior to Wednesday then they should still do now,
      CL will come I have absolutely no doubt about that, I'm a simple fan and I believe it, if those players have any doubts whatsoever then they have no standing at this club.

YNWA

I think a lot will depend on the quality of the players we bring in mate. If our best players see that we are bringing in quality they will probably want to be a part of the next act. If they see we are bringing in mainly young "prospects" that could take 3 or even 4 years to develop they may decide not to wait.

I am sure that Jürgen will be influential in any decisions they make, but money, trophies and success may play just as important a role in deciding their future.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #39: May 20, 2016 09:09:31 am
      Money is attractive for these young lads though. Its going to be an interesting summer. If we keep Daniel,Couthino,Firmino,Origi,Ings and Benteke that does give plenty of options.
      What we need is to concede fewer goals and have the ability to close games out.I guess that comes with experience

Can see where your at Walt, and if TPM was still here I'd probably agree those players would want out,
      However, the new bloke hasn't stagnated, his plans haven't come to nought, there not scribbled down on a note pad, there are no soundbites emanating from his pearly whites,
      This bloke is the real deal and if our players can't infuse with his ideology then they can all f**k off,and seek their fortunes elsewhere.

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: May 20, 2016 09:14:03 am
      The first out of the door should be Bogdan and Balotelli,how the hell these 2 ever qualified as professional footballers I will never know.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #41: May 20, 2016 09:18:20 am
      I think a lot will depend on the quality of the players we bring in mate. If our best players see that we are bringing in quality they will probably want to be a part of the next act. If they see we are bringing in mainly young "prospects" that could take 3 or even 4 years to develop they may decide not to wait.

I am sure that Jürgen will be influential in any decisions they make, but money, trophies and success may play just as important a role in deciding their future.

Fairy muff mate regarding quality, I agree, I think Jürgen realises that quality is lacking, he's obviously been sussing the players over the last 7 months, he'll know exactly what is needed, if I were one of those players I wouldn't be going anywhere, the vision is there,Klopp will have told his players what his plans are, if they choose not to be part of it then that's fine, I don't want players at the club who's hearts not in it.

YNWA
      DanMann

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Reply #42: May 20, 2016 01:56:59 pm
      For me, Kolo Toure would be the first name in the squad - possibly team. Absolute class on and off the pitch. He has to stay. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43: May 20, 2016 01:59:51 pm
      Final game of 2015-16

I'll go first

Mignolet, Moreno, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen :(, Benteke
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #44: May 20, 2016 07:10:04 pm
      Moreno, Mignolet, Skrtel, Toure, Benteke, Allen, Balloteli, Bogdan, Flannagan.

No Europe means we would only bring in GK, LB and another CB with Sakho in a mess. With the 2 lads already signed and Alberto and Markovic having decent season they will be like new signings.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #45: May 20, 2016 07:40:41 pm
      Moreno, Mignolet, Skrtel, Toure, Benteke, Allen, Balloteli, Bogdan, Flannagan.

No Europe means we would only bring in GK, LB and another CB with Sakho in a mess. With the 2 lads already signed and Alberto and Markovic having decent season they will be like new signings.

They are not going to let Flanno go, he is a good defender that can cover both sides; as far as Moreno I don't think he is the type of back you can win anything big with but is perfect for that home match against a Bournemouth when you want a more attacking side, I think he will be here next season...probably migs too...the rest is probably correct.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #46: May 20, 2016 08:21:24 pm
      Who's earmarked for the exit ?  Benteke,Moreno, Ibe may go , Skrtel , think Lucas may have another season in him, I don't think the clear out will be that massive , but we do need a Boss in the team who gives orders
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #47: May 20, 2016 08:58:32 pm
      Who's earmarked for the exit ?  Benteke,Moreno, Ibe may go , Skrtel , think Lucas may have another season in him, I don't think the clear out will be that massive , but we do need a Boss in the team who gives orders

start with all the loan players just get shut.
      Lloyd Jones – Blackpool
       Jordan Williams – Swindon Town (injured)
       Andre Wisdom – Norwich City
       Lawrence Vigouroux – Swindon Town
       Luis Alberto – Deportivo La Coruna
       Mario Balotelli – AC Milan
       Lazar Markovic – Fenerbahce
       Samed Yesil – FC Luzern
       Taiwo Awoniyi – FSV Frankfurt
       Sergi Canos – Brentford
       Marko Grujic – Red Star Belgrade
       Allan – Sint-Truidense
       Ryan Fulton – Portsmouth
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2016 09:11:58 pm by waltonl4 »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #48: May 20, 2016 09:55:43 pm
      start with all the loan players just get shut.
      Lloyd Jones – Blackpool
       Jordan Williams – Swindon Town (injured)
       Andre Wisdom – Norwich City
       Lawrence Vigouroux – Swindon Town
       Luis Alberto – Deportivo La Coruna
       Mario Balotelli – AC Milan
       Lazar Markovic – Fenerbahce
       Samed Yesil – FC Luzern
       Taiwo Awoniyi – FSV Frankfurt
       Sergi Canos – Brentford
       Marko Grujic – Red Star Belgrade
       Allan – Sint-Truidense
       Ryan Fulton – Portsmouth

You don't think Klopp should take a year with Markovic?...Also Grujic we just signed best we not be getting rid of him until he at least comes to the first practice Walt.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #49: May 20, 2016 10:18:53 pm
      how many summers do we have to go through to be reminded this sh*t aint fifa / football manager.

6-10 players arent leaving and 6-10 new ones ain't coming it. It never happens.

this is the same as the 'summer clear out' idea that happens every summer ;D.

Cmon bros.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #50: May 20, 2016 10:31:42 pm
      You don't think Klopp should take a year with Markovic?...Also Grujic we just signed best we not be getting rid of him until he at least comes to the first practice Walt.

Allan is also not going anywhere soon as according to reports Klopp seems to rate him.

Personally I would also give Canos a chance to impress.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #51: May 20, 2016 10:34:44 pm
      how many summers do we have to go through to be reminded this sh*t aint fifa / football manager.

Cmon bros.

You don't know how many people Klopp shifted in his first season at Dortmund or maybe the amount of players we have loaned out who are never going to make it at LFC.

No Europe next year means it's more likely more will be shifted out.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #52: May 20, 2016 11:43:25 pm
      Interesting to see who'll be at Celtic next season... :-\
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #53: May 21, 2016 12:36:32 am

Cmon bros.

It has happened the past two summers...
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #54: May 21, 2016 10:04:26 am
      Is there a limit?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #55: May 21, 2016 10:05:04 am
      Interesting to see who'll be at Celtic next season... :-\

Joe Allen?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #56: May 22, 2016 01:43:31 am
      I don't know who will be missing. Could be a raft of players or it could be few.

Quality - Clynnihno, Sturridge, Coutinho, Lovren (massive turnaround for this fella), Can.

Quality players, not super-dooper stand-out drag the team out-the-sh*t type players; Sturridge or Coutinho being the closest thing we have to that.

That's our core. We must add more, better quality to that core.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #57: May 22, 2016 12:54:39 pm
      Final game of 2015-16

Toure, Moreno, Sturridge, Benteke, Ward, Skrtel, Lucas and Allen.

Mignolet will be in the squad, but my guess he'll be a number two by that point and probably sold in the summer of 2017.

Clyne comfortably will be.

Toure may well still be at the club but probably not involved in the match day squad if Lovren continues to improve, Matip proves somewhat useful and Smackhead Sakho is back.

Moreno will be fu**ed off this summer, if anybody is daft enough to take him off our hands.

Milner will be in the squad due to his versatility as much as anything. As long as he's at Liverpool and fit, he'll be in the squad at the very least.

Can much to my disappointment will be because Klopp seems to rate him. A bit like Milner in that his versatility will keep involved in the squad.

Lallana will be as, like Can, Klopp seems to rate him. He's probably the one player who pressed in the way Klopp likes before Klopp arrived.

Firmino will be, though I would prefer if he wasn't.

Coutinho will be because I don't see any top sides coming in for him, he's too inconsistent to be demanding the sort of money we'd want. Mind you, it worked for Sterling so maybe Phil will be to.

Sturridge will either be sold or injured by the time the final game of next season rolls around.

Benteke, Skrtel, Lucas and Allen are all probably on the look out for new clubs in the coming months. Ward might be knocking around the club, probably not in the matchday squad though. Henderson and Origi will probably be starting.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #58: May 23, 2016 07:40:52 am

Cmon bros.

Exactly; however, dead wood most certainly remains at this club and these players are on hefty wages. Offloading Benteke, Balo, Skrtel, Toure and one of our CM's would be a good start. We may need to keep Milner, Lallana and Hendo, who imo are decent squad players.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #59: May 23, 2016 01:23:23 pm
      Mignolet,  Moreno, Can, Milner. Benteke, Allen, Skrtel.

I think these 7 will be goners
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #60: May 23, 2016 04:04:58 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #61: May 23, 2016 04:35:00 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #62: May 23, 2016 04:39:01 pm

Cmon bros.

That's odd because last Summer there were 7 in 9 out.

The Summer before that 10 in 16 out.

Summer before that 6 in 11 out.

I guarantee you there will be at least 8-12 leaving and 6-10 coming in.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #63: May 25, 2016 01:51:34 am
      Would happily sell / release:

Mig
      Skrtel

Reluctantly sell / release:

Toure
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Henderson
      Milner
      Allen
      Benteke
      Ibe

Must keep:

Lovren
      Clyne
      Coutinho
      Can
      Firmino
      Sturridge
      Lalana

The rest of them are in the grey area for me.

Quick Reply