Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool Face Another UEFA Charge

Read 4431 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Liverpool Face Another UEFA Charge
      May 21, 2016 07:57:03 am
      Liverpool and Sevilla have been charged by UEFA following incidents involving their fans during the Europa League final on Wednesday.

Liverpool's charges are for crowd disturbances and the setting off of fireworks, while Sevilla's are for crowd disturbances and the throwing of objects.

Their cases will be dealt with by UEFA's control, ethics and disciplinary body on July 21.

Police had to be called into the St Jakob-Park stadium following skirmishes between the two sets of supporters during Wednesday night's final.

Sevilla sold just 7,000 of their 9,000 allotted tickets and Liverpool fans appeared to occupy almost three-quarters of the 35,000 capacity stadium.

There did not appear to be any segregation between the rival fans in the end housing the Sevilla supporters.

A small scuffle broke out between approximately 20 to 30 supporters but petered out fairly quickly after stewards arrived on the scene.

Police then arrived to line the aisle and provide some segregation between the sets of supporters.

Local police said that none of those involved in the trouble inside the ground were arrested as they did not receive any complaints from Basel football club.

Seen this one coming.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool Face Another UEFA Charge
      Reply #1: May 21, 2016 08:39:17 am
      Liverpool and Sevilla have been charged by UEFA following incidents involving their fans during the Europa League final on Wednesday.

Liverpool's charges are for crowd disturbances and the setting off of fireworks, while Sevilla's are for crowd disturbances and the throwing of objects.

Their cases will be dealt with by UEFA's control, ethics and disciplinary body on July 21.

Police had to be called into the St Jakob-Park stadium following skirmishes between the two sets of supporters during Wednesday night's final.

Sevilla sold just 7,000 of their 9,000 allotted tickets and Liverpool fans appeared to occupy almost three-quarters of the 35,000 capacity stadium.

There did not appear to be any segregation between the rival fans in the end housing the Sevilla supporters.

A small scuffle broke out between approximately 20 to 30 supporters but petered out fairly quickly after stewards arrived on the scene.

Police then arrived to line the aisle and provide some segregation between the sets of supporters.

Local police said that none of those involved in the trouble inside the ground were arrested as they did not receive any complaints from Basel football club.

Seen this one coming.

They should charge themselves the corrupt wankers! Try segregating a ground properly you F***ing amateurs!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: May 21, 2016 08:50:32 am
      We, fans need to stop getting in fireworks. They are costing our club every time.

But Uefa was sh*t for two things: venue and for not doing her job, to segregate the fans.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: May 21, 2016 08:53:42 am
      We, fans need to stop getting in fireworks. They are costing our club every time.

But Uefa was sh*t for two things: venue and for not doing her job, to segregate the fans.

Unfortunately mate it's a select few fans who are ignorant about it. As long as they don't get punished as individuals then they'll continue to do it.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #4: May 21, 2016 09:07:06 am
      Unfortunately mate it's a select few fans who are ignorant about it. As long as they don't get punished as individuals then they'll continue to do it.

Our stewards need to catch them and give them a hefty fine. They are so hazard for other fans nearby because they can be dangerous.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #5: May 21, 2016 09:08:27 am

Yeah and stop F***ing singing as well, those Manchester is full of sh*t songs costing the club as well.

F**k that!! Uefa can go F**k it self.

No Pyro, No Party!!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #6: May 21, 2016 09:14:01 am
      Yeah and stop F***ing singing as well, those Manchester is full of sh*t songs costing the club as well.

F**k that!! Uefa can go F**k it self.

No Pyro, No Party!!

I never said to stop singing. It's the other way round. Pyros can be dangerous.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #7: May 21, 2016 09:24:07 am
      I never said to stop singing. It's the other way round. Pyros can be dangerous.

I was being sarcastic, you do know we got fined for singing that song at old trafford by Uefa!!

They still make a boss atmosphere when they are used though. Plus if it pisses off the camera crew cu*ts and who want film everything rather than join in the singing and atmosphere even better.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #8: May 21, 2016 09:28:33 am
      I was being sarcastic, you do know we got fined for singing that song at old trafford by Uefa!!

They still make a boss atmosphere when they are used though. Plus if it pisses off the camera crew cu*ts and who want film everything rather than join in the singing and atmosphere even better.

I agree mate.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #9: May 21, 2016 09:55:00 am

F**k that!! Uefa can go f**k it self.

No Pyro, No Party!!

Isolated incidents like these usually happen with clubs that have devoted fans. If Uefa want the event site reminding more of a church than a football stadium why don't they get two of the "nouveau riche" clubs to play as there is plenty of them out there.

Leased/mercenary fans aren't that disturbing after all.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016 10:38:40 am by nikos »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: May 21, 2016 10:03:11 am
      Uefa hate us because they can't control us.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #11: May 21, 2016 03:40:03 pm
      This is how fan segregation should be, this is today's Scottish FA Cup.

UEFA are more interested in bums on seats so it looks good, than fan safety, empty seats is bad PR, Fans fighting, blame the clubs.
      Nothing to do with bad organisation, where have we seen that before?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12: May 21, 2016 10:55:55 pm

How exactly are they costing our club? What punishment will we face?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #13: May 21, 2016 10:57:34 pm

We'll probably have to pay Platini's legal fees ;)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: May 21, 2016 11:22:29 pm
      We'll probably have to pay Platini's legal fees ;)

but not until 2025.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #15: May 22, 2016 12:18:20 am
      How about football fans who go to games just don't get into trouble?
      How's about supporters don't rise to the bait of opposition fans?
      How's about fans take personal and collective responsibility to not get into scuffles?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16: May 22, 2016 12:40:09 am
      20-30 fans from an estimated 35,000 and they charge both clubs? A rather heavy handed response. Just ban those knobheads who can't control themselves rather than punishing the thousands of well behaved fans.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #17: May 22, 2016 01:18:53 am
      Yeah and stop f**king singing as well, those Manchester is full of sh*t songs costing the club as well.

F**k that!! Uefa can go f**k it self.

No Pyro, No Party!!
      Where is the post about not singing, can't find it?  I'd love to see what that is about.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #18: May 22, 2016 08:36:43 am
      How exactly are they costing our club? What punishment will we face?

Money for sure. Even the club issued a report that fans should never light off pyros.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #19: May 22, 2016 09:47:03 am
      I think banning fireworks is bollocks. I was at our 3-2 win over Fulham in the nearly season and a lad ten feet away from me let one off. I had my little boy with me and it was f****** brilliant, what's the problem? It's a red smoke bomb not Semtex.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #20: May 22, 2016 05:16:43 pm
      I think banning fireworks is bollocks. I was at our 3-2 win over Fulham in the nearly season and a lad ten feet away from me let one off. I had my little boy with me and it was f****** brilliant, what's the problem? It's a red smoke bomb not Semtex.

F***ing joke isn't it. I've seen matches with more pyro than fans.

https://youtu.be/8g93VZFy57Y

#NoPyroNoParty
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: May 22, 2016 09:35:46 pm

next thing you know they will ban students from throwing mortar boards on health and safety grounds
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #22: May 22, 2016 10:55:02 pm
      The reason segregation was a problem is because UEFA made so few available to the fans of both teams and of course, the tickets for the so called UEFA family found there way onto the black market and for the most part got snapped up by Reds desperate to go the game.

Our fans who were involved in the fighting should be banned for life in my opinion. The scenes I saw on various YouTube clips were ugly and embarrassed the club.

Quick Reply