Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204226 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #138: May 29, 2016 08:38:18 am
      I reckon that would be an interesting vote, Hart or Karius.

No debate in it for me. Joe Hart is a very good goal keeper. People dont rate him as highly as theu should!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #139: May 29, 2016 10:05:23 am
      ld be an interesting vote, Hart or Karius.

No debate in it for me. Jo

I'd say Hart even though he can't pass/kick for sh*t.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #140: May 29, 2016 10:28:17 am
      No debate in it for me. Joe Hart is a very good goal keeper. People dont rate him as highly as theu should!

It's an odd question. We know for sure Hart is one of the best keepers in the league, Karius we've never seen play in it before. This is probably an example of people over-rating in advance some of our signings because it's Jürgen who's done the signing. What next? Is Joel Matip a better centre half than Vincent Kompany, I'd Grujic a better attacking midfielder than Gerrard ever was?

Why not just be excited about the signing and the potential they bring in their own right, rather than getting carried away with it all.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #141: May 29, 2016 05:41:48 pm

I think this would be the thoughts of most people Munch, that's why I think it would be interesting. A snap shot now and a snap shot at the end of the season I think could swing massively.

Personally I think Hart is over-rated and is the weakest out of the top tier of keepers in this league. I rate Cech, De Gea, Lloris above him and I'd hope by the end of the year we're comparing Loris up with those names and above the likes of Hart.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #142: May 29, 2016 11:33:15 pm
      if he drops a cross that costs us a game, the poor guys instagram account is gonna be a mess.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #143: May 29, 2016 11:37:28 pm
      it shows a big part of being a goalkeeper is having a presence or an aura about them. A goalkeeper should exude "don't F**k with me". Simon isn't really that type is he
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #144: May 30, 2016 12:57:14 am
      I hope the short arse has a great season for us. :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #145: May 30, 2016 09:16:58 am
      It's an odd question. We know for sure Hart is one of the best keepers in the league, Karius we've never seen play in it before.
      I guess it's just yet another one of those 'anomalies' we have witnessed quite a lot lately Mick.  :-\ 

One of the big selling points (and rightly so IMO) in hiring Jürgen Klopp is/was his 'previous'; his pedigree or form, if you prefer. The rationale and obvious logic being - FSG gambled by hiring a young, unkown, manager, with no C.V. [Brendan Rodgers],  instead of a proven winner [like Jürgen Klopp]. That FSG gamble failed; some would argue long and F***ing loud that it failed miserably.

Yet... yet...

The same rationale/logic is just cast aside when it comes to actual players [*so far this Summer and at least until we sign someone with a pedigree like Jürgen's  ;)]. Players, it now seems, don't fall under the same rationale. It's fun to watch and you couldn't make it up but thankfully you don't have to.

Is Loris better than Joe Hart? Nah - a daft question. Is Loris cheaper and easier paid than Hart? Yeah - just like Simon was cheaper and easier paid than Pepe. Will Loris end up being better than Joe Hart? I, like all Reds, F***ing hope so...

... Just like FSG (and most Reds) hoped Brendan Rodgers would eventually be better than the proven Jürgen Klopp, when FSG first hired him.

"Odd" doesn't come close to describing what's happening in some folks' minds: "transparent as F**k" maybe but not "odd".  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2016 09:36:28 am by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #146: May 30, 2016 01:12:09 pm
      Some "easy to pay" players (at the time we signed them) -- Agger, Alonso, Masch, Garcia, Crouch, Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling, and Studge.

Some "not so easy to pay" players -- Benteke, Cole, Aquilani, Balotelli, and Carroll.

Maybe we prefer easy to pay players because we have such a poor record when it comes to the expensive ones....  :confused-smiley-013:

In either case..... welcome aboard Sir Loris

:)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #147: May 30, 2016 01:32:49 pm
      Some "easy to pay" players (at the time we signed them) -- Agger, Alonso, Masch, Garcia, Crouch, Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling, and Studge.

Some "not so easy to pay" players -- Benteke, Cole, Aquilani, Balotelli, and Carroll.

Maybe we prefer easy to pay players because we have such a poor record when it comes to the expensive ones....  :confused-smiley-013:

That top list of players is a good one.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #148: May 30, 2016 01:37:28 pm

The difference with most of those "easy to pay players" you listed were signed by Rafa not FSG, therefore they must have been quality because he knew what he was doing. 

Jürgen clearly doesn't know what he's doing because he's never built a Title winning team using never before heard of talent.  He also has the shameful tag of being an FSG "stooge" because the only reason they brought him to the Club was to buy never before heard of talent on the cheap and that's never going to work in this league. 

Apparently Leicester winning the Title last season must be a figment of our imagination  :confused-smiley-013:

At least those making the claims that we've once again signed a load of sh*te, on the cheap, are humble enough to admit they got it wrong if it proves otherwise.  Or at least that's what they keep telling us.

Of course as we all know transfers are generally 50/50 win/lose no matter who signs them, where they come from, how old they are or how much/little they cost which is great because all of the forum will win the "I told you so" battle next season  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #149: May 30, 2016 02:50:39 pm
      The difference with most of those "easy to pay players" you listed were signed by Rafa not FSG, therefore they must have been quality because he knew what he was doing. 

Jürgen clearly doesn't know what he's doing because he's never built a Title winning team using never before heard of talent.  He also has the shameful tag of being an FSG "stooge" because the only reason they brought him to the Club was to buy never before heard of talent on the cheap and that's never going to work in this league. 

Apparently Leicester winning the Title last season must be a figment of our imagination  :confused-smiley-013:

At least those making the claims that we've once again signed a load of sh*te, on the cheap, are humble enough to admit they got it wrong if it proves otherwise.  Or at least that's what they keep telling us.

Of course as we all know transfers are generally 50/50 win/lose no matter who signs them, where they come from, how old they are or how much/little they cost which is great because all of the forum will win the "I told you so" battle next season  ;D

:nod:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #150: May 30, 2016 03:11:03 pm
      Welcome to LFC, Loris.

We've got the best looking goalkeeper in the league!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #151: May 30, 2016 03:13:46 pm
      Welcome to LFC, Loris.

:D Maybe he will just smile at the strikers and make them go weak at the knees :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #152: May 30, 2016 03:19:18 pm
      :D Maybe he will just smile at the strikers and make them go weak at the knees :)

To be fair it's definitely an advantage over Migs I hadn't considered, every little helps

:laughing-smiley-014:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #153: May 30, 2016 03:45:24 pm

Oh... oh... can I play?

Some more: Luis Alberto, Aspas, Mignolet, Borini, Assaidi, Yesil, Adam, Coates, Ilori, Moreno & Markovic. Come on to F**k Harry -  apart from the fact 'we' were unable to keep the best of the players, you mention - you're way too good for that level of... er...  "debate(?)" buddy ... way too good.

As arguments go... It's on a par with the 'what about Leicester (whilst totally ignoring Real Madrid, for e.g.)' school of fuckwittery mate..... best you leave that to the daft or desperate Harry.   :laugh:

because we have such a poor record when it comes to the expensive ones....
      "We" Harry?

Surely you mean the transfer committee or Brendan or DoF or Comolli or even Kenny? [All of which were employed by FSG:laugh:

Listen: You can tick whichever F***ing box that tickles your fancy for any of the fucks I give Harry - my opinion is there for all to see; no mealy-mouthed flip flopping: no changing tack to save face... and certainly no blatant, lily-livered, lies. I ain't asking you to agree buddy but I will say this...

I'm a Red of some 45 years standing. I have seen the big, fat, glory days. I have seen some lean but for the last decade... I've seen the leanest of all... each and everyone of those years overseen by F***ing carpetbaggers [the common denominator]. All I care about is my team winning.

F***ing about, whilst pretending to be trying something new (when all the while merely building your portfolio), is not the way to bring back the glory days IMO. They don't care mate; not about LFC; not about Jürgen and not about us.

Like I say - I'm not seeking your or any other person's endorsement...

In fact; I hope you are 100% right and I'm wrong but I have a notion that, great and all as Jürgen is [irrespective of what lies you'll read, repeated by oversensitive hypocrites:- I have never... never... criticised the man or his appointment]: this time next season we will still be debating a failed transfer policy... although I have a feeling some might have flip-flopped (yet a F***ing gain) on who's responsible.

Good luck buddy... catch you next season.

Young Loris; eh? I hope he turns out to be the greatest 'keeper ever to pull on our famous Green jersey.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2016 04:30:27 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #154: May 30, 2016 05:48:46 pm

That's a perfectly possible scenario! ;D
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #155: May 30, 2016 08:29:13 pm
      Oh... oh... can I play?

Some more: Luis Alberto, Aspas, Mignolet, Borini, Assaidi, Yesil, Adam, Coates, Ilori, Moreno & Markovic. Come on to f**k Harry -  apart from the fact 'we' were unable to keep the best of the players, you mention - you're way too good for that level of... er...  "debate(?)" buddy ... way too good.

As arguments go... It's on a par with the 'what about Leicester (whilst totally ignoring Real Madrid, for e.g.)' school of fuckwittery mate..... best you leave that to the daft or desperate Harry.   :laugh:
      "We" Harry?

Surely you mean the transfer committee or Brendan or DoF or Comolli or even Kenny? [All of which were employed by FSG:laugh:

Listen: You can tick whichever f**king box that tickles your fancy for any of the fucks I give Harry - my opinion is there for all to see; no mealy-mouthed flip flopping: no changing tack to save face... and certainly no blatant, lily-livered, lies. I ain't asking you to agree buddy but I will say this...

I'm a Red of some 45 years standing. I have seen the big, fat, glory days. I have seen some lean but for the last decade... I've seen the leanest of all... each and everyone of those years overseen by f**king carpetbaggers [the common denominator]. All I care about is my team winning.

F***ing about, whilst pretending to be trying something new (when all the while merely building your portfolio), is not the way to bring back the glory days IMO. They don't care mate; not about LFC; not about Jürgen and not about us.

Like I say - I'm not seeking your or any other person's endorsement...

In fact; I hope you are 100% right and I'm wrong but I have a notion that, great and all as Jürgen is [irrespective of what lies you'll read, repeated by oversensitive hypocrites:- I have never... never... criticised the man or his appointment]: this time next season we will still be debating a failed transfer policy... although I have a feeling some might have flip-flopped (yet a f**king gain) on who's responsible.

Good luck buddy... catch you next season.

Young Loris; eh? I hope he turns out to be the greatest 'keeper ever to pull on our famous Green jersey.

Last off topic rant from me....

Can you name 1 player we have signed since Torres who we shelled out top wages for and has actually been a big success?  I honestly cannot.  We always seem to get shackled with overpaid flops and get stuck paying part of their wages when they go on loan.  That said, I'd rather sign 2 or 3 "easy to pay" players and hope/expect 1 of them to be our next Studge, Coutinho, Sterling, etc. 

You clearly don't agree and are entitled to your opinion.  I just look at all the players we have paid big wages to in the last 10 years and most of them turned out to be sh*t.... 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #156: May 30, 2016 11:14:26 pm
      Can you name 1 player we have signed since Torres who we shelled out top wages for and has actually been a big success?
      :laugh:

Jaysus Harry.

The one top quality player we had ("since Torres") was Luis Suarez who, if memory serves me right was the top earner at the Club (before he too left, of course). If you want to replace top quality (like Luis) you will have to pay top wages to compete. Are you genuinely suggesting that [signed top quality and paid them top wages] is what the club has done under the carpetbaggers?   :laugh:

As for "big success"... your stated preference of signing "2 or 3 "easy to pay" players and hope/expect 1 of them to be our next Studge, Coutinho, Sterling, etc." is the actual FSG policy that we have been following and has it delivered F**k all cubed, in terms of "big success". If you'd prefer to keep doing that fair enough... there's always next year and it is a long-term project: right?  :-\

Me I'd rather sign Reus and Gotze than "hope/expect" Grujic and Zielinski to turn into the new Reus and Gotze but each to their own.

Listen: I'll happily agree to disagree on what qualifies as a flawed process Harry, like I say; I hope you are 100% right and/or the Policy changes soon.  8)
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2016 11:26:49 pm by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #157: May 31, 2016 02:37:27 am
      :laugh:

Jaysus Harry.

The one top quality player we had ("since Torres") was Luis Suarez who, if memory serves me right was the top earner at the Club (before he too left, of course). If you want to replace top quality (like Luis) you will have to pay top wages to compete.

You intentionally (and unsurprisingly) skewed the response.  Suarez was the highest paid player when he left for Barca, but when we signed him (which is how I phrased the question) he was on an "easy to pay" 40k per week.  But that response wouldn't have suited your argument, so you chose to answer it in a way that did.  The truth is that we replaced Torres (a proven world class striker) with two players -- one was easy to pay, and the other wasn't.  Which one went on to become one of the very best players in the world and which one ended up at West Ham ???
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,681 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #158: May 31, 2016 04:33:46 pm
      Welcome to LFC, Loris.

Hopefully, the best looking keeper in the league!  :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #159: May 31, 2016 04:47:39 pm
      ... and which one ended up at West Ham
      The same West Ham who finished above us this season?  :nod:

You intentionally (and unsurprisingly) skewed the response.  Suarez was the highest paid player when he left for Barca, but when we signed him (which is how I phrased the question) he was on an "easy to pay" 40k per week.
      I skewed F**k all mate - all our players, under FSG, (until last season) were on contracts that came heavily incentivised - therefore nearly each and every one of them were easy to pay when signed. Some of them (a very few) were rewarded by the "money men" for their performances.

The point being (and I'm honestly sorry it appears skewed to you) a very simple one... there are very few top quality players available at cut price wages... just like there are very few kids [with potential] who ever F***ing fill that potential but you being an intelligent bloke and a good Red, will have no doubt noticed that long, long, before now, so, truth is you... I'm actually wasting your time explaining this.

FSG have bought themselves what, another three years of a free pass, from folk like your good self? That is; people who have a weird misplaced sense of loyalty - owners before team (IMO, of course). Why that loyalty is where it is; one can only guess and doing so may be unfair.

The truth is - FSG have overseen F**k up after F**k up in the transfer market and yet some people are still happy to suck scabby FSG cock (again... only my opinion).

Why people are so tetchy (like menopausal aul tarts) over a fellow Red wanting his team to sign top quality players, F**k only knows [I mean I don't get upset when they pretend they want to see us sign kids] but there you have it... I'd like to pretend I give a F**k what these people think of me but the truth is... I couldn't give a ball of Blue. Sorry.  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2016 05:16:20 pm by bad boy bubby »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #160: May 31, 2016 06:04:13 pm
      The same West Ham who finished above us this season?  :nod:
      I skewed f**k all mate - all our players, under FSG, (until last season) were on contracts that came heavily incentivised - therefore nearly each and every one of them were easy to pay when signed. Some of them (a very few) were rewarded by the "money men" for their performances.

The point being (and I'm honestly sorry it appears skewed to you) a very simple one... there are very few top quality players available at cut price wages... just like there are very few kids [with potential] who ever f**king fill that potential but you being an intelligent bloke and a good Red, will have no doubt noticed that long, long, before now, so, truth is you... I'm actually wasting your time explaining this.

FSG have bought themselves what, another three years of a free pass, from folk like your good self? That is; people who have a weird misplaced sense of loyalty - owners before team (IMO, of course). Why that loyalty is where it is; one can only guess and doing so may be unfair.

The truth is - FSG have overseen f**k up after f**k up in the transfer market and yet some people are still happy to suck scabby FSG cock (again... only my opinion).

Why people are so tetchy (like menopausal aul tarts) over a fellow Red wanting his team to sign top quality players, f**k only knows [I mean I don't get upset when they pretend they want to see us sign kids] but there you have it... I'd like to pretend I give a f**k what these people think of me but the truth is... I couldn't give a ball of Blue. Sorry.  :laugh:

BBB,

If all we did was buy kids on the cheap or only offer cheap incentivized contracts because FSG are skint to put money into the club I would totally agree with you.

But then how do we explain:

Carroll...record signing massively overpaid
      Benteke.. 2nd highest signing...massively overpaid
      Firmino...3rd biggest signing....Jury still out.
      Lovren/Lallana....probably top 10 in money spent for signings...Jury still out.

Now as far as transfers go it's not been a great record..for every Coutinho we have a Benteke...for Suarez we have a Carroll...etc..etc.

I do not think Benteke or Sturridge are on pay-as-you-play contracts and while some of the kids might be, which to me is not an issue.

We are 4th/5th highest net spend in the league and 4-5th wages so I don't know if anyone is particularly sucking FSG's cock but arguments  for/against could be made as to the transfer process as it truly has been hit/miss.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2016 07:17:51 pm by AZPatriot »

Quick Reply