Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204667 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #253: Sep 20, 2016 11:08:31 pm
      https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/778352463766294528

Exact reason we bought him, exact reason we brought in Matip too. And exactly why he goes straight in the side now, everything has to be an extra 10 yards up the pitch.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #254: Sep 20, 2016 11:11:23 pm
      https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/778352463766294528

Exact reason we bought him, exact reason we brought in Matip too. And exactly why he goes straight in the side now, everything has to be an extra 10 yards up the pitch.

Couldn't agree more and held exactly the same opinion as you regarding Chelsea.

Personally I think he'll start in the league from now on and I have great faith he'll be a tremendous signing.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #255: Sep 20, 2016 11:16:30 pm
      Couldn't agree more and held exactly the same opinion as you regarding Chelsea.

Personally I think he'll start in the league from now on and I have great faith he'll be a tremendous signing.

Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ! :P

My only concern is that eventually he will get caught out in that position by a complete hit and hope. Exactly like Neuer gets caught out every now and then... I just think we need to accept that it is the risk we take with our style and not lose our collective minds if/when it happens.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #256: Sep 20, 2016 11:37:16 pm

My only concern is that eventually he will get caught out in that position by a complete hit and hope. Exactly like Neuer gets caught out every now and then... I just think we need to accept that it is the risk we take with our style and not lose our collective minds if/when it happens.

Our whole way of playing is a risk, managed risk but we'll still come unstuck on occasions as no teams setup is perfect all the time.  I'm sure plenty will lose their sh*t when it happens though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #257: Sep 20, 2016 11:45:44 pm

Our whole way of playing is a risk, managed risk but we'll still come unstuck on occasions as no teams setup is perfect all the time.  I'm sure plenty will lose their sh*t when it happens though.

Spot on.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #258: Sep 21, 2016 04:14:01 pm
      So the big question is:

Who starts in goal on Saturday?

Karius didn't have much to do last night. He made that one brilliant clearance but he also totally flapped at a corner. His judgement on when to pass short and went to kick it up field seems to be better than Mignolet too.

That said Mignolet has done pretty well the last few games, apart from his suicide short passes.

Does Klopp wait for the inevitable Mignolet clanger or just replace him now?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #259: Sep 21, 2016 04:46:08 pm
      So the big question is:

Who starts in goal on Saturday?

Karius didn't have much to do last night. He made that one brilliant clearance but he also totally flapped at a corner. His judgement on when to pass short and went to kick it up field seems to be better than Mignolet too.

That said Mignolet has done pretty well the last few games, apart from his suicide short passes.

Does Klopp wait for the inevitable Mignolet clanger or just replace him now?

I think going forward it's either you make the decision based on what Mignolet has been like since Klopp has been here or the performances of Mignolet over the past couple of games. Sooner or later I can only see Karius being the number one.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #260: Sep 21, 2016 06:29:25 pm
      For those who love to use or have used transfer fee as a guide to player quality, suggest on your behalf that he never starts because he only came in for only £4.7m. Nothing good should come out of him. Migs came in a £8m, so should be twice the player of Loris. Think we keep Migs as no. 1 going by "the more expensive the better" principle. How about that? :mad:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #261: Sep 22, 2016 09:25:20 am
      For those who love to use or have used transfer fee as a guide to player quality, suggest on your behalf that he never starts because he only came in for only £4.7m. Nothing good should come out of him. Migs came in a £8m, so should be twice the player of Loris. Think we keep Migs as no. 1 going by "the more expensive the better" principle. How about that? :mad:

Where has anyone questioned his quality based on his price tag?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #262: Sep 23, 2016 05:35:53 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #263: Sep 23, 2016 05:55:31 pm

Who has ever said he shouldn't start because he only cost 4.7m? ??? By that same logic Matip should never start.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #264: Sep 23, 2016 06:20:00 pm
      Who has ever said he shouldn't start because he only cost 4.7m? ??? By that same logic Matip should never start.

In fairness, it has been said before by some on here.
      Not about Karius, but about other players, so I kind of know where ruthcity is coming from.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #265: Sep 23, 2016 07:21:38 pm
      Glad it's looking like Klopp is giving Karius the nod. Simon has had a decent start to the season but you know the game costing error is coming from him at some stage. Better put Karius in now before Simon costs us a game.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #266: Sep 24, 2016 10:19:08 am
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #267: Sep 24, 2016 07:11:14 pm
      Hard to judge him so far as he's had so little to do, but he looks a lot more assured with the ball at his feet than Migs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #268: Sep 24, 2016 07:16:57 pm
      Hard to judge him so far as he's had so little to do, but he looks a lot more assured with the ball at his feet than Migs.

All we can do is see if his positioning, kicking etc is better than Migs or not. Until we play a harder fixture it's hard to judge him properly. Looks more confident though for sure.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #269: Sep 24, 2016 07:19:19 pm
      Jury's out for me
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #270: Sep 24, 2016 07:31:25 pm
      All we can do is see if his positioning, kicking etc is better than Migs or not. Until we play a harder fixture it's hard to judge him properly. Looks more confident though for sure.

A little too confident for me but any things better than Migs
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #271: Sep 24, 2016 07:33:31 pm
      A little too confident for me but any things better than Migs

I think that's always better than lacking in confidence though. Although it could potentially lead to a mistake or a bit of complacency, I think its usually a good sign that he wont let it affect him. Migs makes a mistake and he's finished for the game, as useful as a chocolate tea pot with his nerves shot to bits.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #272: Sep 26, 2016 02:29:08 pm
      Keeps his place for the Swansea game.  Lovely stuff  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #273: Sep 28, 2016 02:11:04 pm
      Difficult one this, not many better shot stoppers than Migs but if this lad has the same ability in that area then I am happy. Be interesting to see the reaction on here if he makes a blunder though  ;)

:holyshit:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #274: Sep 28, 2016 02:13:41 pm
      not many better shot stoppers than Migs

I can think of a few that are very good shot stoppers, but also after saving a shot don't push it out right to oncoming opposition players.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #275: Sep 28, 2016 02:18:32 pm

To be fair we have seen Migs make excellent saves as well as errors, we are still waiting for Karius to be tested imo.

Quick Reply