Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204022 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #299: Oct 04, 2016 12:44:46 am
      Lovren should have done more ??? I do not think so! He had a rough player very close, it was Clyne's error that led to the goal. Clyne should have been more close to the player who headed the goal. Clyne, he did not even jump with their player.

Karius, as I already said, he looks shaky but for sure I'm not giving out a verdict because he needs to adapt.

Clyne so far, is the player I have been most disappointed with this season. Looked very shaky and quite the liability as of late IMO.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #300: Oct 04, 2016 11:49:35 am
      Clyne so far, is the player I have been most disappointed with this season. Looked very shaky and quite the liability as of late IMO.

I agree with you. Moreno was worse but Clyne isn't far behind :(
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #301: Oct 04, 2016 12:01:00 pm

I thought he was poor against Swansea and people disagreed with me. He is suspect at defending at times but the thing that annoys me the most about Clyne is when was the last time he put a good cross in? Maybe it's something Klopp has told him not to do and try and look for the runners but when he runs half the length of the pitch and then stops dead and passes it sideways/backwards is frustrating.

He averages 0.6 crosses per game. Says it all.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #302: Oct 04, 2016 12:07:10 pm
      I thought he was poor against Swansea and people disagreed with me. He is suspect at defending at times but the thing that annoys me the most about Clyne is when was the last time he put a good cross in? Maybe it's something Klopp has told him not to do and try and look for the runners but when he runs half the length of the pitch and then stops dead and passes it sideways/backwards is frustrating.

He averages 0.6 crosses per game. Says it all.

What counts as being a cross? I see him make 'passes' into the box along the floor when he gets near the 18 yard box but continuously putting high crosses into the box would be a huge mistake considering we rarely ever take advantage of them anyway. The only times we seem to make a decent amount of crosses into the box is on set pieces and even then some of them don't get past the first man.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #303: Oct 04, 2016 01:24:21 pm
      You're going to have lots of ups and downs with a 23 year old goalkeeper. Thats just football. Its what happens most of the time especially at a high profile club.

Migs may still get better 28 isnt 'prime' for a goalkeeper.

Brad Friedal was 28/29 when he was with us and was absolute shyte. Then some years later was an absolute beast probably best in the league for a season or 2.

There's lots of time for both our keepers to improve IMO.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #304: Oct 30, 2016 08:53:44 am
      First impressions of him are not too good. Seems to have huge problems with his handling more than anything else. Saw him in his youtube clips before he came here and thought that then.

Ball bounces off him a lot. Still needs time to improve his game, lets hope at the end of it we get a fantastic goalkeeper. until then we might need to smash 3 or 4 in down the other end
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #305: Oct 30, 2016 09:12:38 am
      Sorry to say this but I would revert back to Migs for a few games, I would also fire Achterburg and get a decent keeper coach in.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #306: Oct 30, 2016 09:24:35 am
      It was his best day in Liverpool shirt and that says a lot. Made a couple of good saves but he was not confident enough and needs to improve drastically.

I will back him since Klopp who knows him much better than myself, is backing him.

Simon and Loris need to improve to be our quality keeper for our standard.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #307: Oct 30, 2016 10:48:20 am
      Sorry folks but he was sh*te yesterday. Why rush and jump at the attacker with his hands at his side when it was obvious that he was going to head it over him? His Decision making is terrible most of the time, and he makes basic mistakes. Not Convinced at all!
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2016 05:45:43 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #308: Oct 30, 2016 04:29:35 pm
      Sorry folks but he was sh*te yesterday. Why rush and jump at the attacker with his hands at his side when it was obvious that he was going to head it over him? His Decision making is terrible most of the time, and her melts basic mistakes. No Convinced at all!

I was also wondering the same thing when it happen, did he think he was outside the box? It was very strange to watch. Yeah he hasn't shown anything early on to prove he is improvement over Mignolet but maybe (hoping anyway) get a few more games under his belt he will get more comfortable
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #309: Oct 30, 2016 05:34:49 pm
      Yeah let's bring back Migs who has had 3 years to progress but consistently shown his level - what a  bunch of melts!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #310: Oct 30, 2016 05:51:11 pm
      Yeah let's bring back Migs who has had 3 years to progress but consistently shown his level - what a  bunch of melts!

You think Karius is better than Migs? I don't rate either to be honest, but I do think there is a chance Karius could improve more over time, Migs is at his max level, which its currently (slightly) higher.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #311: Oct 30, 2016 05:54:05 pm

If the gaffer has patience with Karius then we as supporters should do the same; this is a big shift for him but it is obvious from his past performances in the Bundesliga that he has a ton of talent and will only get better in the PL as time goes on.

The GK position is different than any other on the pitch..yes you want competition but the GK can't be looking over his shoulder the same way a striker would thinking that anything he does wrong will cost him his place...got to stick by him and let him grow into his role.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #312: Oct 30, 2016 07:35:37 pm
      You think Karius is better than Migs? I don't rate either to be honest, but I do think there is a chance Karius could improve more over time, Migs is at his max level, which its currently (slightly) higher.

I have no idea if Karius is better than Migs because he has not even played a handful of competitive games yet.

Like all new players I will give him till the end of the season and assess.
      He has certainly not been responsible for any goals scored against us so far as I can remember.

Klopp sees the players regularly on the training pitch and has decided that Karius is our No1 and that's good enough for me taking into account his youth and inexperience esp in a tough league like the EPL.

Hopefully all Reds can get off his back and give him time to show his worth.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #313: Oct 30, 2016 07:47:13 pm
      Only been a few games but he hasn't done anything to show that he's any better than Mignolet.

And that's a hard feat, considering that Mignolet is utter sh*te.

Is it really that hard to find a good goalkeeper who does the basics well?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #314: Oct 30, 2016 08:03:09 pm
      One biggish error, dodgy on crosses like 95% of 'keepers who come from the continent, though lets hope he's one that solves it after a season, but his quickness of distribution and high line suits our play so much more than Simon does.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #315: Oct 30, 2016 10:58:51 pm
      Sorry to say this but I would revert back to Migs for a few games, I would also fire Achterburg and get a decent keeper coach in.

I'm not up to speed on the keeper coaches.who are currently the best goalkeeper coaches in the league and who is the best available?Karius is dodgy as F**k at the moment defo done nothing for me to see why he replaced mignolet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #316: Oct 31, 2016 08:03:28 am
      We were all crying out for Migs to be dropped. IMO, can't go changing that tune and wanting him back after just a handful of games.

I remember De Gea being dodgy as anything and a liability when he first arrived in England at the same age as Karius virtually, he was being targeted with balls high into the box time and time again with the slightest bit of pressure on him and it would result in a goal and I remember us taking full advantage of that. Now look at him, he's the best keeper in the league along with Lloris.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #317: Oct 31, 2016 09:12:07 am
      I know it's only been a few games but he scares the sh*t out of me just as much as Migs does.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #318: Oct 31, 2016 11:30:00 am
      F**cking hell anyone would think we were playing Manninger.

Everyone was whinging about Mignolet and now people want him back?

To everyone who wants Karius dropped after 5 starts (yes, 5 starts), at what point do we bring him back in? How many errors does Mignolet have to make before you all decide Karius is better? (for that week at least)

Fickle doesn't cut it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #319: Oct 31, 2016 12:00:12 pm
      Karius has played what, seven games? For a new club, in a new league, in a new country after breaking his hand in the Summer. What's Mignolet's excuse? Karius is good with his feet and showed signs of being a decent shot stopper. Blaming the goalkeeping coach is nonsense as well since Mignolet was every bit as poor at Sunderland as he has been for us. For better or worse he has to be kept in goal until January. I for one never, ever want to see Mignolet ever pull on a Liverpool shirt again.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #320: Oct 31, 2016 12:21:39 pm
      Let him settle FFS.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #321: Oct 31, 2016 06:22:01 pm
      It's simple really; anyone who thought Karius was going to come in and immediately solve all our goalkeeping problems doesn't know much about football, especially given he is young and has just moved to a new league.

Klopp wants him for his distribution, not because he's streets ahead of Mignolet as a 'keeper.

Quick Reply