Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204254 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #437: Dec 08, 2016 12:13:17 pm
      Yellow carded?

Thought he packed up on a holiday to Marbs being a nice fella and all.

I thought about packing up to Aus instead.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #438: Dec 08, 2016 01:05:19 pm
      I thought about packing up to Aus instead.

Would highly recommend Croatia for a holiday.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #439: Dec 08, 2016 01:06:57 pm
      Would highly recommend Croatia for a holiday.

Just not to live though, eh.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #440: Dec 08, 2016 01:08:21 pm
      Why?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #441: Dec 08, 2016 01:39:49 pm

Probably too many "foreigners"
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #442: Dec 08, 2016 01:53:15 pm

Any chance you ball bags can keep that sh*te to the News thread? Repetitive enough in there without it spilling in to these.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #443: Dec 09, 2016 05:27:46 pm
      Haha well done Loris giving it to that Ratboy.

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/807261649912659968
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016 07:08:25 pm by HScRed1 »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #444: Dec 09, 2016 05:38:34 pm
      :lmao: Well that's him told!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #445: Dec 09, 2016 08:04:30 pm

That's good to hear in my opinion. Good old bit of gnarl. Not enough of that with us.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,005 posts | 521 
      Reply #446: Dec 10, 2016 12:52:50 am
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,005 posts | 521 
      Reply #447: Dec 10, 2016 01:03:08 am
      What has he made like one mistake in about 6 games? Atrocious witch hunt by people who don't know better. These are the sort of wankers who replay his gifted corner against Sunderland time and time again while not actually watching the couple of times he came off his line to deny Sunderland in that match. The sort of wankers who forget that he made about 4-5 really good saves against Watford (the last team to get as many shots on our goal before Bournemouth). Those saying he should be dropped for Mignolet should be sectioned under the Mental Health Act. Idiots!
      Don't get hysterical, it's only another person's opinion.
      Dear oh dear.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #448: Dec 10, 2016 09:06:29 am
      See Neville has fired back at Karius using Carragher's words.

Oh, the joy of twatter and instagum.

:roll:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #449: Dec 10, 2016 09:24:25 am
      See Neville has fired back at Karius using Carragher's words.

Oh, the joy of twatter and instagum.

:roll:

He acts like a F***ing child on Twitter. I was directed towards some 'tweets' he made about journalism the other week on there, basically slagging off the entire field and alienating his colleagues so to speak. All in a days work for Neville Neville's boy, eh?!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #450: Dec 10, 2016 02:39:57 pm
      I'd pretty much agree with Carragher's recent comments..

"This goalkeeper is yet to convince me in any game he’s played that he’s of the required standard. It’s early days but there needs to be a massive improvement. He hasn’t done anything in those game he played that’s impressed me"

Not saying he's never going to be good enough, just that he hasn't impressed so far.

In saying that, good to see Karius firing back, showing a bit of a spark. Just need him to start firing back on the pitch too, and whatever about comments like from Carra above, we all just want to see him perform and make a difference in games.

For the record, I hate F***ing twatter, but lot of people using it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,135 posts | 2773 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #451: Dec 11, 2016 05:26:04 pm
      F**k me lads if you think he's the answer
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #452: Dec 11, 2016 06:51:39 pm
      Good punch on the cross to Carroll.

Other than that a really poor display. Migs has to come back in, and that is a prospect nobody can look forward too.

Question is; at a club like Liverpool did we  eed to be gambling on this kid for 5 million quid? Or did we need to get that position sorted properly? I know money is no guarantee but it does give an indication.

Mainz accepted that fee, i'm guessing they did so because they believed that to be his market value.

Can't see us getting rid of him anytime soon. But perhaps Migs will make way next season for the club to save face on Karius and then we will look to bring in someone else and push Karius down to number 2.

Why can't we scout and attract a top keeper? Why are we messing about with these gambles?

5 points on the floor from the last 2 games. Small details that we come out on the wrong side of. Not had a good keeper since Pepe and even he had his moments.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #453: Dec 11, 2016 07:03:38 pm
      Ended last season thinking we would likely not see Migs between the sticks again. But Karius is doing his best to convince us otherwise :(
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #454: Dec 11, 2016 07:09:13 pm
      Still waiting for Karius to show he's a goalkeeper and not a male model.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #455: Dec 11, 2016 07:11:43 pm
      Still waiting for Karius to show he's a goalkeeper and not a male model.
      Hahaha, F***ing hell. :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #456: Dec 11, 2016 07:24:06 pm
      Entirely predictable that after two less than perfect games that the knee jerkers are out in full force. There is a problem in the goalkeeping performance for sure but that problem is sitting on the bench remaining blameless and his name is Achterberg. Loris has shown in the matches before Bournemouth (a string of terrific saves against Watford and a very responsible and reactive performance against Sunderland two weeks ago the most notable) that he has a set of skills far and above that of Mignolet in that he can come off is line, punch clear and catch balls at a competent level. Matip and Lovren are so obviously much more comfortable playing in front of the German as well.

It's not a question of is he better than Mignolet? Of course he is. You have to be blind or have an agenda to think otherwise.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #457: Dec 11, 2016 07:38:36 pm
      The strange thing with him is I can't see so far what Klopp would have seen in him. I'd never watched him before he came but I can't identify anything he appears to be particularly good at between the sticks. Some keepers will pull off great saves but he hopeless when the balls in the air whatever this guy seems average at best at everything. Cheap option as ever with this club
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #458: Dec 11, 2016 07:48:51 pm
      The strange thing with him is I can't see so far what Klopp would have seen in him. I'd never watched him before he came but I can't identify anything he appears to be particularly good at between the sticks. Some keepers will pull off great saves but he hopeless when the balls in the air whatever this guy seems average at best at everything. Cheap option as ever with this club

To be fair, JWH did have a Yacht to buy and Karius is on 1/5 of Joe Harts wages ;D
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #459: Dec 11, 2016 07:52:36 pm
      Entirely predictable that after two less than perfect games that the knee jerkers are out in full force. There is a problem in the goalkeeping performance for sure but that problem is sitting on the bench remaining blameless and his name is Achterberg. Loris has shown in the matches before Bournemouth (a string of terrific saves against Watford and a very responsible and reactive performance against Sunderland two weeks ago the most notable) that he has a set of skills far and above that of Mignolet in that he can come off is line, punch clear and catch balls at a competent level. Matip and Lovren are so obviously much more comfortable playing in front of the German as well.

It's not a question of is he better than Mignolet? Of course he is. You have to be blind or have an agenda to think otherwise.

Plenty of criticism in this thread before the latest errors. The lad has looked shaky from the moment he arrived. He might have had a few solid games but he didn't have a great deal to do in those games. He might have a better touch than Migs but that's about it. We've replaced a dodgy keeper with a dodgy keeper. Am afraid I am in complete agreement with that other 'knee-jerker' Jamie Carragher and agree thast he hasn't at any point looked up to the job. Much like the lad at City, he looks like a little boy lost in a man's goal, how tall is Karius? He plays like he's 5'9. Very nervous at crosses, indecisive and given we are already dodgy at the back, he is the complete opposite to what we need imho. I got slated for wanting Joe Hart when he become available but he would have been absolutely perfect for us. Above all else we need a big, strong keeper, who is assertive and will come and claim the frickin ball when it's in the air. Of course he may improve but given we look like challenging for the title this season can we afford to wait and find out? The lad has cost us 4 points (or been a big part of that) over the past two games.

Quick Reply