Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool Building Special Players Exit At Melwood

Read 9179 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,530 posts | 720 
      Re: Liverpool Building Special Players Exit At Melwood
      Reply #23: May 28, 2016 05:46:44 pm
      Club in designated autograph hunter area shame.

Players who don't want to stop don't stop. Players who do want to will. What will change besides it being a little safer and easier?

how dare you be level headed?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,173 posts | 8549 
      Reply #24: May 28, 2016 05:50:05 pm
      Well if u are unwilling to watch the video, then u are clearly trying to portray a particular narrative. Why didn't you just come out and say it?

Why do I need to watch it, I've been around there, have you? By the sounds of it no and you're just making sh*t up in your head for arguments sake.

Divvy!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,530 posts | 720 
      Reply #25: May 28, 2016 06:05:57 pm
      Why do I need to watch it, I've been around there, have you? By the sounds of it no and you're just making sh*t up in your head for arguments sake.

Divvy!

whatever you say buddy.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: May 28, 2016 06:27:40 pm
      And this was the players bus coming out one night last week...

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: May 28, 2016 07:11:55 pm
      God forbid, they have their own families / lives to attend to ;D HOW DARE THEY?

you are aptly named.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #28: May 28, 2016 07:13:19 pm

in your own little world do you have any idea how much it means for the kids to see and speak to the players. Do you even know where the training ground is and what the surrounding area is like...nope thought not
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: May 28, 2016 08:11:56 pm
      in your own little world do you have any idea how much it means for the kids to see and speak to the players. Do you even know where the training ground is and what the surrounding area is like...nope thought not

Sad thing is mate, the club share his sentiments.

Modern football is so depressing at times. Club needs to get a grip.

No wonder posers like Lallana think they're something.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30: May 28, 2016 10:42:41 pm

The game moves further and further away from the core supporters these young Kids idolise the players. Is it any wonder Anfield is at times like a f***in library when they continue to take the passion away from fans and then some so called fans think its a good idea.
      A lot of these kids have very little and to see a Star stop and sign something for them is absolutely huge and in all the years  of Players leaving the training ground I cannot remember an incident
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #31: May 28, 2016 11:55:35 pm
      Why not just let the fans in again like they did when the entrance was on Deysbrook Lane. It was easier if safety is the issue.

Anyway its not really a problem anyway because it's not that busy down there. People looking at that video thinking it is dangerous need to go down and have a look.

Those people are not as close to the main road as you'd think.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,173 posts | 8549 
      Reply #32: May 28, 2016 11:57:28 pm
      Why not just let the fans in again like they did when the entrance was on Deysbrook Lane. It was easier if safety is the issue.

Anyway its not really a problem anyway because it's not that busy down there. People looking at that video thinking it is dangerous need to go down and have a look.

Those people are not as close to the main road as you'd think.

Bang on mate, that's the point I was trying to make.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #33: May 29, 2016 12:02:15 am
      My main gripe with the video shown are the players jibbing the people.

Five minutes if that at the start of their leisurely afternoon.

I'd just see it as a part of my job.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #34: May 29, 2016 12:56:51 am
      My main gripe with the video shown are the players jibbing the people.

Five minutes if that at the start of their leisurely afternoon.

I'd just see it as a part of my job.

That's it mate, it would take each player just 5 - 10 minutes to sign something for every person there.

You get major movie stars like Will Smith and Tom Cruise who think nothing of standing there for an hour or two signing things and getting selfies with the fans.

I went to Wimbledon once too and Federer and Djokovic spent a good 45 minutes signing autographs after a near 5 hour match.

If I was the manager I'd make them sign, and if I was the club rather than making an extra lane...

I'd be making a small area inside the Melwood walls designated solely for people wanting autographs.

I'd also make the players spend at least 5 - 10 minutes... OUTSIDE OF THEIR CARS signing things and getting photos with people waiting.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,530 posts | 720 
      Reply #35: May 29, 2016 02:56:10 am

youre the same kinda people that voted that the club should sell suarez after the biting incident because he made the club "look bad" a delusional bunch of moaners.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,530 posts | 720 
      Reply #36: May 29, 2016 03:02:50 am
      That's it mate, it would take each player just 5 - 10 minutes to sign something for every person there.

You get major movie stars like Will Smith and Tom Cruise who think nothing of standing there for an hour or two signing things and getting selfies with the fans.

I went to Wimbledon once too and Federer and Djokovic spent a good 45 minutes signing autographs after a near 5 hour match.

If I was the manager I'd make them sign, and if I was the club rather than making an extra lane...

I'd be making a small area inside the Melwood walls designated solely for people wanting autographs.

I'd also make the players spend at least 5 - 10 minutes... OUTSIDE OF THEIR CARS signing things and getting photos with people waiting.

how do you not understand that WIMBELDON HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR.

Movie premiers happen once in a blue moon.

These people are going to work every single day they cant all sign autographs every single day. That woman (a member of staff) had to wait to get into the training ground while a player signed autographs. That sh*t has gotta be annoying. Common sense is certainly not common.   
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #37: May 29, 2016 04:07:16 am

These people are going to work every single day they cant all sign autographs every single day. That woman (a member of staff) had to wait to get into the training ground while a player signed autographs. That sh*t has gotta be annoying. Common sense is certainly not common.   

Oh come on - it's not as if for either side of those two weeks of the year Roger and Novak are twiddling their thumbs watching Jeremy Kyle every morning. Christ knows how many tournaments they play in a year but you can bet that the physical outlay and travel in one year is much much greater than anything a footballer will do in probably an entire career! Ever wonder why tennis players never get labelled and hung up in public for being distant and aloof from fans in the same way that footballers do?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,530 posts | 720 
      Reply #38: May 29, 2016 04:09:09 am
      Oh come on - it's not as if for either side of those two weeks of the year Roger and Novak are twiddling their thumbs watching Jeremy Kyle every morning. Christ knows how many tournaments they play in a year but you can bet that the physical outlay and travel in one year is much much greater than anything a footballer will do in probably an entire career! Ever wonder why tennis players never get labelled and hung up in public for being distant and aloof from fans in the same way that footballers do?

no one gives a f*ck about tennis bro.

You're doing mental gymnastics to 'prove' football player are 'evil'
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #39: May 29, 2016 04:11:58 am
      Maybe we should stop idolizing people just because they are good at kicking a ball. If we didn't put them on a pedestal, they'd likely not act like they were on one.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: May 29, 2016 07:38:33 am

Stop talking out of your hole you stupid kunt, ffs get a grip, next you'll be telling us not to watch f***in nivea ads incase Lallana has do more shaving,
      I don't know you from Adam(sic) but I'm betting your one of the day tripping librarians that frequent Anfield and F**k up the atmosphere,

Those kids have F**k all dipshit so seeing their idols and the chance to get a autograph, a picture or the ultimate the players saying something to them would be like Xmas X 100,

As for the players I would also make it  part of their 'job' and compulsory that they do.

Tosser!

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41: May 29, 2016 09:09:04 am

You're not talking sense now. The thing the club is building with a designated area is fine by me in a world of health and safety gone mad.

Footballers don't go to Melwood everyday and when they do they aren't there for that long. What's an extra 5/10 minutes to their day to sign a few autographs for the people who've stood there all morning and also contribute to their £50k/£100k/£150k per week wages?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,173 posts | 8549 
      Reply #42: May 29, 2016 11:46:42 am
      youre the same kinda people that voted that the club should sell suarez after the biting incident because he made the club "look bad" a delusional bunch of moaners.

And you're the type of no nothing idiot that makes an embarrassment of the term "most knowledgeable fans" tag. What the F**k has Suarez got to do with this. Most of the posters you're slagging off didn't want Suarez gone, haven't a F***ing igloo what you're on about voting, like that really mattered, if you'd bothered to read that thread at the time, most were angry at FSG being so lily-livered at accepting such a low price from Barca.

In fact I'll go as far as saying I'll bet you've never set foot in Anfield, Melwood or the city of Liverpool, yet think you know how we scousers think.

As I said yesterday, you're a divvy!

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43: May 29, 2016 11:56:33 am

Sound logic there i'm sure  :dunceblock:

Didn't know people were even voting about it to be honest. Are you not getting confused with pop idol?

Not sure what you're on about really, but if Luis was still here (and i think most wish he was) i'd want him to sign stuff for the kids too.

Anyway, I think you are on a wind up or just borderline autistic so F**k it.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2016 12:16:53 pm by fields of anny rd »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,173 posts | 8549 
      Reply #44: May 29, 2016 12:16:42 pm
      i'd want him to sign stuff for the kids too.

The majority of whom can't even get into Anfield to see those players play!!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #45: May 29, 2016 12:18:09 pm
      no one gives a f*ck about tennis bro.

You're doing mental gymnastics to 'prove' football player are 'evil'

Enough for the British public to vote one as their sportsman of the year for two of the last three years.

Do shut up you TART!

Quick Reply