Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

They Go... Who Decides? (Big Jürgen Is Watching You)

Read 9928 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: They Go... Who Decides? (Big Jürgen Is Watching You)
      Reply #69: Jun 02, 2016 04:03:37 pm
      Nah, I want a manager that isn't afraid of a challenge, unless you are being asked to do something illegal or immoral, then you buckle down and get to work with what you have.

So FL you saying you like yes men.  ;)

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #70: Jun 02, 2016 04:11:25 pm
      So FL you saying you like yes men.  ;)

Maybe just managers that act like grown ups and don't throw their toys out of the pram every time there  is a problem.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #71: Jun 02, 2016 06:13:11 pm
      Maybe just managers that act like grown ups and don't throw their toys out of the pram every time there  is a problem.

Acting like a grown up means not being scared to speak out, parent child relationships never work in successful management.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #72: Jun 02, 2016 06:14:29 pm
      Acting like a grown up means not being scared to speak out, parent child relationships never work in successful management.

To be fair we don't really know what was said ... do we ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #73: Jun 02, 2016 06:22:13 pm

Your right, maybe just maybe if Rodgers had stood by his convictions as I don't think he wanted Balotelli or Etoo things may have turned out different.
       But yes all assumptions with hindsight.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #74: Jun 02, 2016 06:27:43 pm
      Your right, maybe just maybe if Rodgers had stood by his convictions as I don't think he wanted Balotelli or Etoo things may have turned out different.
       But yes all assumptions with hindsight.

I honestly don't think so mate. I just think we would have saved £18 million on Balotelli but been without a striker for 12 months ...not that Balotteli was much better than no-one.

Brendan would still have lost his job, we would still have had a poor season and everyone would still be having a go at him for being a bit crap.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #75: Jun 02, 2016 07:09:27 pm
      As usual we managed to balls everything up mate. We sold Suarez after the "World Cup bite", but it was hardly unexpected. We should have had our plans all prepared for if he did go.

“I was asked the question about Balotelli last week and spoke about what a talent he is and excellent player he is,” Rodgers said. “But I can categorically tell you that he will not be coming to Liverpool.

I really don't think you can blame Brendan too much for Balotelli. Maybe he could have said no and risked going into the season with only Lambert and Borini available? Maybe if he had said no, he would have got another apology letter from John Henry.

Nah for me Balotelli was a transfer committee fuckup, not Brendan's... he made enough of his own without trying to blame him for this one.   

I agree mate that's why I said Balo was foisted upon us, Brendan certainly never went chasing Mario, like you said a TC F**k up, I remember Brendan being tongue in cheek when asked what would Mario bring to Liverpool, Brendan's response was 'Trouble' as always he always had a positive spin on stuff like that, even to the detriment of us fans, sometimes he was cringeworthy,

You are of course correct, there was never a plan b,c or even d and that was purely down to the inept TC, and that prat with his PC, the w*nk that likes to say no.

YNWA

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #76: Jun 02, 2016 07:15:49 pm
      Whats TPM?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #77: Jun 02, 2016 07:23:48 pm

That's very true s@int we don't, for me a manager should be allowed to manage, it's not like other industries where a manager has to work within parameters set by boards etc,
      To a certain degree you could argue the same applies here, but where it differs is the manager is solely responsible for everything related to football,

Live and die by the sword so to speak, if all goes well he deserves all the plaudits , if things go tits up he's at the mercy of the board, that's all well and dandy, where it fucks up is when owners chairmen stick there ore in , restrict finances , employ inept transfer committees, and generally don't have a scooby what the F**k is going on, sound familiar ?

The aforementioned manager should have the power to bring in his choice of player within reason, he should also have the balls to speak out against decisions over and above his station that could effect the day to day running of the club or if it effects losing or gaining staff without his consent.

TPM was sucking too much Boston cock imho, so much so in fact he ended up getting shafted.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #78: Jun 02, 2016 07:25:57 pm

Tits pussies and MUTHERFUCKERSSSS !!!!

The Previous Manager

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #79: Jun 02, 2016 08:23:23 pm
      First post here so apologies if I'm missing something.

Is the club's primary goal to make money on the transfer market or to win championships?

Has to be the latter, correct?

The man with the expertise in building a squad that can do that is the manager, not some computer program.

Of course he will count on help from a good network of scouts, and that can include analytics, but it all has to be about players who fit into the various needs a successful football team have. Not just positions on the park but roles in the team such as better defending in the air from set pieces, someone who can close down the middle, someone who can both press AND score, etc. A computer model might give you some useful information on a left back for instance, but it takes multiple sets of eyeballs, and a wise decision-maker in charge, to ultimately decide if person X is the right buy when you need someone to strike the right balance between getting forward and handling defensive duties when the attack is coming from the opposite flank.

I don't think Klopp even comes here without that being understood and agreed upon beforehand. Maybe that's different than the arrangement Brendan had. Maybe that was a lesson learned by Fenway. That's not Klopp's problem.

Of course money is not unlimited, but in the end you want a single-mindedness from the club on what you are about - and at Liverpool that must be winning trophies. Do that and the profits WILL follow.

Leicester City was a perfect storm. Great story, but that won't happen again for a long time. It's not a model for us.

This article in The Guardian about how Seville's scouting network works was pretty interesting. I wonder how similar ours is, if at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/17/sevilla-monchi-liverpool-europa-league-final
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #80: Jun 02, 2016 08:29:58 pm
      It's amazing people can't discuss the transfer committee without losing it over Rodgers. He's gone!

If you don't belive what Gerrard is saying then that's up to yourself, but it's been documented by various people on a number of occasions. We tried to sign Sanchez and he chose Arsenal, Gerrard himself got involved with the courting of the player. Then, Rodgers wanted Loic Remy and the player wanted to come, once again Gerrard spoke with the player. When he failed his medical, the manager was given a choice of E'to or Balotelli. They did a medical on E'to while Rodgers did all that "looking into Balotelli's eyes" bollocks. He went with super Mario.

Now if people want to convince themselves that Rodgers actually wanted Balotelli, or that he "should have walked" if he didn't, fair enough. That's a separate question though. The question is, do we support the current manager or not? I would contest that if the Balotelli situation is true (and it is, however much mouth foam we chuck at it) then it's a complete f****** nonsense.

OH AND QUICK EDIT; I'M NOT SAYING ANY OF THIS TO DEFEND RODGERS. I'M SAYING IT BECAUSE I WANT THE OWNERS TO SUPPORT Jürgen, AND FOR THE FANS TO REALISE WHAT HE'S UP AGAINST IF THEY DON'T.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Jun 02, 2016 08:43:32 pm
      ... but been without a striker for 12 months ...not that Balotteli was much better than no-one.

Brendan would still have lost his job, we would still have had a poor season and everyone would still be having a go at him for being a bit crap.

....but we did have the superstar Fabio Borini !

Experience at Chelsea (?)  and Swansea (?)      .........    and someone's very first signing .

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #82: Jun 02, 2016 08:48:54 pm
      ....but we did have the superstar Fabio Borini !

Experience at Chelsea (?)  and Swansea (?)      .........    and someone's very first signing .

Unfortunately mate your hatred of Rodgers means that you are unable to see past it when discussing issues at the moment which are unrelated. Fabio Borini was a poor buy at 11 million quid, but he is precisely f*** all to do with discussions about the transfer process.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #83: Jun 02, 2016 08:53:31 pm
      Unfortunately mate your hatred of Rodgers means that you are unable to see past it when discussing issues at the moment which are unrelated. Fabio Borini was a poor buy at 11 million quid, but he is precisely f*** all to do with discussions about the transfer process.

Mick lets be honest mate  shall we ?

I saw the yellow red heart and I knew it would be you. *

Yes You are right .  Borini was useless and TPM's mate from his time at previous clubs
      The first ally he got on board ...if you cant see through that.

Hatred  ?    Thats mild.

BR was still  sucking £100k a week off us until the Greens appointed him.
      No rush to get back to work and btw   ......  NO Premier League team came in for him if he had been that f**king good.

*  Everybody happy now ?
      « Last Edit: Jun 02, 2016 11:41:10 pm by eurored »
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #84: Jun 02, 2016 09:19:03 pm
      Imho the signings so far this summer have 'been Jurgens' (two guys from his old stomping ground/league, one from Serbian league). They have gost us next to nothing, so am sure FSG, TC etc are fine with that, are putting trust in Jürgen's selection, that these are promising young players. Don't think he was picking from any TC list there.

We've signed plenty of promising young players signed under various managers, hopefully Klopp's success percentages are higher than some others. There's not a lot of top talent coming through the system at the club, so investing/gambling on imported youth is next best thing I guess. They work out, brilliant, they don't, you haven't lost a whole pile.

When it comes to the *bigger money* signings though, think starts to get less clear. Gotze was someone I think Jürgen wanted, Mane - is he a name off a list? Certainly smacks of deja-vu - Saints, overpriced, mid-table, relatively unproven.

And of course, we can't compete then when the money ratchets up. Klopp might want a guy, we bid, negotiation happens, time passes, we dawdle, other team comes in, bids more, gets the man, we're left holding our dicks, TC kicks in a bit more as time runs out to fill the position, tough choices need to be made, almost nobody ends up happy.

Whatever about ALL of this, the manager will be left to carry the can.

Have sympathy for BR in some respects, but in the end his(our) record in the transfer market caught with him. So it will go with Jürgen, he will take the credit if all goes well, and the fall if goes down the pan. So it is in HIS interests to make sure he gets the people he wants. It will be interesting when we get to a critical point of a big transfer (like a Sanchez for example) to see what happens - will we get our man, or will we retrace our steps, loose out and end up scrambling in a bargain bin for a stopgap...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: Jun 02, 2016 09:20:18 pm
      No rush to get back to work and btw   ......  NO Premier League team came in for him if he had been that f**king good.

Rafa's down the championship, you don't hear anyone banging that drum though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #86: Jun 02, 2016 09:20:40 pm

I saw the yellow heart and I knew it would be you.

Yes You are right .  Borini was useless and TPM's mate from his time at previous clubs

Hatred  ?    Thats mild.

What's a yellow heart?
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #87: Jun 02, 2016 09:22:52 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #88: Jun 02, 2016 09:31:13 pm
      Rafa's down the championship, you don't hear anyone banging that drum though.

Rafa ....to his credit ....has made that choice and has to be given respect for it.
      Hes has taken a short term loss ... long term gain view.
      They were a Premier League side and didn't appoint him soon enough.
      I wish Rafa well and expect to see him return in a one season.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #89: Jun 02, 2016 09:32:48 pm
      Liverpool Football Club sold Luis Suarez for £75M and then the manager was given a choice of two strikers on the planet?

And the manager thought this was reasonable, didn't kick up a fuss and happily tossed the coin - picked one and went on about how he could 'change Mario'?

And this was after we had been involved in a title chase and qualified for the Champions League?

Struggling to believe.

It is unbelievable, no doubt about that. And it was unbelievable at the time too.
      What was just as unbelievable though was that Luis went one way, Sanchez went the other - but not too us !!!
      We had a pretty big bargaining chip and somehow managed to ejaculate prematurely ending up with schoolboy-cardboard-pants. F***ing amatuer.
      Don't blame BR for that. We fu**ed up royally there. Sanchez's wife wanted to go to London - please.

One advantage this time round though is we have a manager of World profile who can charm the skin off a snake...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Jun 02, 2016 09:42:07 pm
      Oh yea, and Remy's 'bad heart'. Can only HOPE that we can blame a computer program for the decision not to sign him. Yet another case of us porking ourselves royally in the backside. Remy might not have been brilliant, but he might have done OK ... AND we also might not have had to sign f**king mr. chandelier earrings as a result.
      Hopefully under Klopp we can cut through some of the crap we have had to witness previously. Hopefully.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #91: Jun 02, 2016 09:52:45 pm

I saw the yellow heart and I knew it would be you.

Hatred  ?    Thats mild.

Eh?

Quick Reply