Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FIFA 17

Read 18786 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      FIFA 17
      Jun 07, 2016 12:15:28 am
      After FIFA 16 and not really enjoying it that much, I thought maybe, just maybe I might skip this one or at least not get it on release..... but then they go and release a teaser showing it using the Frostbite engine, which powers Battlefield...... just imagine.... *drools*

https://youtu.be/lPDOh5ZifyM
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: FIFA 17
      Reply #1: Jun 07, 2016 04:30:23 pm
      Holy tits!!!

Just take my money now!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2016 04:48:09 pm
      Once again, i couldn't give a sh*t about better graphics. Fix the gameplay.

60 pace CB's running down 99 rated Ronaldo. The best midfielders in the world can't hit through balls without them flying through to the GK. Attackers can't get away from defenders while doing skill moves because they lose all their pace - except for the fake shot and scoop turn.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2016 04:52:18 pm
      After their decision to introduce the price caps on FIFA 15 exactly 3 days after I paid 650k for Aguero and Yaya Toure (which took their value down to about 120k combined) I decided not to bother with it again. Never been so pissed off after playing my arse off to get as many coins as possible.

The graphics will no doubt look great but the same issues will still be there as they have done since earlier versions. There's always something stupid that's wrong that never gets fixed. A couple of years ago all you had to do was chip the ball over the defence and you was in on goal. Then there was the fact that the keepers could take out the attacker and the ref would play on.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #4: Jun 07, 2016 05:01:10 pm
      After their decision to introduce the price caps on FIFA 15 exactly 3 days after I paid 650k for Aguero and Yaya Toure (which took their value down to about 120k combined) I decided not to bother with it again. Never been so pissed off after playing my arse off to get as many coins as possible.

:lmao: I made about 35 mill investing in David de Gea's in form card when he went from 300k to ~3m during that market boom. And packed that record breaker ST Ronaldo, TOTY Thiago Silva and then getting TOTS Hazard and Cazorla in the same pack.

Most fun i've had on a FIFA :D Ended up with the most stupidly strong Ultimate Team squad with about 10 mill coins to spare.

The graphics will no doubt look great but the same issues will still be there as they have done since earlier versions. There's always something stupid that's wrong that never gets fixed. A couple of years ago all you had to do was chip the ball over the defence and you was in on goal. Then there was the fact that the keepers could take out the attacker and the ref would play on.

They completely nerfed through balls and made it the exact opposite. I like how you have to pass it around and play tiki-taka to work it forward but it's just dumb to see slow defenders out run the quickest strikers.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Jun 07, 2016 05:15:33 pm
      "Football has changed"

Expect it to play exactly like 16, same lazy menus and same flaws. No faith in EA to produce anything other than a money maker.

Pro Evo was the better game by miles this year and didn't make a difference to sales. It'll take people to switch over before we see a change
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6: Jun 07, 2016 06:14:37 pm
      You guys do realize that the frostbite engine isn't just about graphics? It will change the gameplay as well. Anyone played Star Wars Battlefront? If you like that (I love it), then this is great news for FIFA.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2016 02:04:53 am
      Story mode.  Good old Alex Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9LHzVEPodg
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2016 02:55:50 am

Talk about OTT promotion. I bet that mode will be similar to the mode where you create your own player and could control just him in game.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2016 06:30:34 am
      If you have to play as Alex Hunter for United I shall no be playing
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2016 11:14:21 am
      If you have to play as Alex Hunter for United I shall no be playing

You have to be Alex Hunter but you choose any premier league team
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2016 12:09:16 pm
      Bit more excited. All about the gameplay, still.

Should be a smoother game with no more menu lag but it's the intricacies that i will judge it on.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2016 02:12:17 pm
      Talk about OTT promotion. I bet that mode will be similar to the mode where you create your own player and could control just him in game.

I loved that feature, used to do it myself in exhibition games in the old Pro Evos, trouble with it in FIFA is the shockingly bad teammate AI. Not fun at all. If they can somehow sort that they might have a new game mode I'm actually interested in, unlike all the FUT stuff.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13: Aug 17, 2016 08:47:11 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Aug 17, 2016 10:00:41 am
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #15: Aug 20, 2016 02:31:44 pm
      Lingard 79!  :lmao: :lmao:
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #16: Sep 20, 2016 09:56:32 pm
      Anyone else get the demo? Not exactly blown away by it, in a typical FIFA way it's just the same game with updated squads...

The small bit of "The Journey" available on the demo isn't up to much. Play 10 mins as Alex Hunter for the Mancs or play 10 mins as the Mancs... Plus a few multiple choice questions to determine wether you're "fiery" or "cool"... I could see myself getting bored of that very fast.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Sep 21, 2016 09:30:57 am
      Anyone else get the demo? Not exactly blown away by it, in a typical FIFA way it's just the same game with updated squads...

The small bit of "The Journey" available on the demo isn't up to much. Play 10 mins as Alex Hunter for the Mancs or play 10 mins as the Mancs... Plus a few multiple choice questions to determine wether you're "fiery" or "cool"... I could see myself getting bored of that very fast.

Got it and i liked it. The game play feels so much smoother.

However, it's still so early. Going to wait to play all the game modes before i judge it. I really hope FUT and Journey are great. Also, haven't looked in to it but can you choose which team to play for in Journey? I won't be playing if i have to be a Manc.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #18: Sep 21, 2016 01:24:56 pm
      Got it and i liked it. The game play feels so much smoother.

However, it's still so early. Going to wait to play all the game modes before i judge it. I really hope FUT and Journey are great. Also, haven't looked in to it but can you choose which team to play for in Journey? I won't be playing if i have to be a Manc.

It certainly feels faster, I went in for a run of the mill slide tackle and nearly flew off the pitch!

I've never been into FUT myself. As for "The Journey" one of the load screens in the demo has Hunter in a Chelsea kit so I imagine you can pick what club to go with?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #19: Sep 21, 2016 02:15:29 pm
      The Journey is any team in the EPL I believe.

Why am I not surprised...

Mane only 78 btw too.
      « Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016 04:23:03 pm by Dmasta »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #20: Sep 21, 2016 05:01:11 pm
      The Journey is any team in the EPL I believe.

Why am I not surprised...

Mane only 78 btw too.

Mane is 78? And Ashley Young, a sh*t Ryan Babel, is 79!?!? Wow...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #21: Sep 21, 2016 09:36:23 pm
      Demo is okay, but compared to how PES feels this year, felt inferior for sure....
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #22: Sep 29, 2016 01:27:48 pm
      Well so far it won't go full screen, pressing kick off from the main menu puts you on an infinite loop of those training ground excercises and the commentators keep banging on about us having a poor season and not being in the champions cup places despite being 4th...

Quick Reply