Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Is Klopp or the Transfer committee in charge?

Read 11815 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Is Klopp or the Transfer committee in charge?
      Jun 22, 2016 11:59:34 am
      Just wondered in advance of us signing them what people think re Chilwell, Maine and Zielinski, do people 100% think they are all Jürgen picks or is the murky hand of the transfer committee muddying the waters a bit? Chilwells never played a league game for Leicester for example, is Jurgens knowledge that broad, is it that he palyed for the boss's mate at huddersfield, or are his computer printouts impressive?

The boss will stand or fall by these signings, but given how f****** dodgy Moreno is defensively, is a 19 year old kid who's never played a Premiership match REALLY the best option to give him competition?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Is Klopp or the Transfer committee in charge?
      Reply #1: Jun 22, 2016 12:15:28 pm
      Just wondered in advance of us signing them what people think re Chilwell, Maine and Zielinski, do people 100% think they are all Jürgen picks or is the murky hand of the transfer committee muddying the waters a bit? Chilwells never played a league game for Leicester for example, is Jurgens knowledge that broad, is it that he palyed for the boss's mate at huddersfield, or are his computer printouts impressive?

The boss will stand or fall by these signings, but given how f****** dodgy Moreno is defensively, is a 19 year old kid who's never played a Premiership match REALLY the best option to give him competition?

Said it in here yesterday but Karius, Grujic, Matip and Zielinski have Klopp & Buvac written all over them.

I don't think Mane and Chilwell are his picks and that the transfer committee are still sticking their noses in. Maybe I'm wrong.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2: Jun 22, 2016 12:21:58 pm
      Just wondered in advance of us signing them what people think re Chilwell, Maine and Zielinski, do people 100% think they are all Jürgen picks
      Put that big spoon away Mick you rascal (there's already a thread about that).  :angry-smiley-034:

That said; the flip-flopping can be fun to watch so...  :laugh:

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016 12:35:29 pm by bad boy bubby »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3: Jun 22, 2016 12:40:30 pm
      I've not seen any confirmation that the "Transfer Committee" approach has been disbanded, and if we are being objective, Klopp is saying the same thing as Brendan...that he has final say.

I guess we will see when the season starts and we see who is wearing the red shirt. 

My suspicions are that nothing has really changed, we just have a manager better capable to deal with the development of players that he may or may not have had as first choice.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Jun 22, 2016 12:42:06 pm
      How about "are they working together" to identify our weaknesses and target the right players to improve us, rather than the "one for you, one for us" scenario that's given us a load of unwanted, unneeded players being bought with no plan in mind with what to do with them and subsequently see them shipped out on loan or sold within a year.

That "plan" has left us with a talented but unbalanced 25 man squad that a lot of people think should be ripped apart to start again after a spend of over £300m.

To answer your OP Mick, Jürgen worked for many years with "his mate at Huddersfield".  Many years that saw them achieve amazing success with their previous Clubs so yes Jürgen probably trusts his view on a young player more than a computer printout.

Zielinski is definitely a Buvac target and Mane was wanted by Jürgen for Dortmund when Mane was still playing in Austria.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Jun 22, 2016 12:47:21 pm
      No one person runs the transfer dealings just like at every other club.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6: Jun 22, 2016 12:48:11 pm
      How about "are they working together" to identify our weaknesses and target the right players to improve us, rather than the "one for you, one for us" scenario that's given us a load of unwanted, unneeded players being bought with no plan in mind with what to do with them and subsequently see them shipped out on loan or sold within a year.

That "plan" has left us with a talented but unbalanced 25 man squad that a lot of people think should be ripped apart to start again after a spend of over £300m.

To answer your OP Mick, Jürgen worked for many years with "his mate at Huddersfield".  Many years that saw them achieve amazing success with their previous Clubs so yes Jürgen probably trusts his view on a young player more than a computer printout.

Zielinski is definitely a Buvac target and Mane was wanted by Jürgen for Dortmund when Mane was still playing in Austria.

Yes Debs that what I think too, they are "working together". It's just that my definition of how they're doing it differs from yours. My suspicion is that at the very least Chilwell is a committee pick. As for the others, we'll soon know just like we did with Rodgers when he didn't tend to pick committee signings for very long (unless they turned out to be very good like Coutinho or Sturridge). Others such as Lovren, Clyne, Lallana, Allen, Gomez etc which were obviously his choices generally got to play and became first team regulars.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7: Jun 22, 2016 12:49:24 pm

A fully fit Gomez will be competition for Moreno & regarding the OP...

Honest opinion...I think Jürgen & his set up will target the players he requires & will put down a marker as what to spend on player X...if the TC seal the deal great if not the TC will then I guess offer an alternative to which Klopp has a yes/no answer...

I don't think Klopp would do a Rodgers.... Denying buying player X all summer but ends up with player X...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2016 12:51:29 pm
      Tbh my heart sank when i saw the title of this thread,i have reached the point where i don't care if it's Jürgen, the committee or the F***ing queen identifying and signing the players as long as they are any good.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jun 22, 2016 12:53:13 pm
      Haha this thread is going to be fun.

popcorn.gif
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Jun 22, 2016 01:17:06 pm

popcorn.gif

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11: Jun 22, 2016 01:20:04 pm
      Not really worried who is picking them, I intend to give Jürgen full credit for all our signings ... including any failures.

I suspect that nothing has really changed. Same scouts , same computer, same philosophy, same incentivised wage structure, same leaning towards Southampton players, same vacillating over targets, same ego's for Jürgen to deal with...hopefully the results will be different this time.

My main worry is that Jürgen believes our scouting system and TC is as good as the one he had at Dortmund and thinks their recommendations will be just as golden. :)

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Jun 22, 2016 01:30:16 pm
      Don't know, don't care as long as we win the frigging League, and to be honest, the Manager is the one who buys great players and the Transfer Committee buys the rubbish, that's how it worked before, and that's how it works now.

Why change a winning formula.  :f_tongueincheek:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13: Jun 22, 2016 01:34:48 pm
      Don't know, don't care as long as we win the frigging League, and to be honest, the Manager is the one who buys great players and the Transfer Committee buys the rubbish, that's how it worked before, and that's how it works now.

Why change a winning formula.  :f_tongueincheek:

Used to be the other way around mate as I recall  :f_whistle:.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Jun 22, 2016 01:39:59 pm
      Yes Debs that what I think too, they are "working together". It's just that my definition of how they're doing it differs from yours. My suspicion is that at the very least Chilwell is a committee pick. As for the others, we'll soon know just like we did with Rodgers when he didn't tend to pick committee signings for very long (unless they turned out to be very good like Coutinho or Sturridge). Others such as Lovren, Clyne, Lallana, Allen, Gomez etc which were obviously his choices generally got to play and became first team regulars.

You must have a very low opinion of Jürgen then Mick. 

You really think someone like Jürgen Klopp, who has had amazing success recruiting rough diamonds and making them superstars, working as part of a team, together, to identify and sign the players he needs and wants will a) agree to a signing he doesn't want or rate after he's specifically said he won't and b) in the very unlikely event he did because he's been over ruled, wouldn't play them out of petty spite to get back at the those who did?

Why can't we just be happy that he's happy with the recruitment process? 

Why can't we accept that whether we agree with a "committee process" or not that it can work if it's used properly? 

Why can't we trust his judgement on who he gets, whether you think they are his picks or committee picks?

Why does it have to be a battle, where lines are drawn before a ball's been kicked, that forces people to take "sides"?

Why the need to divide, instead of unite?

One really, truly sad thing that is absolutely certain about the coming season, whether it's a success or a failure, whether the new players fit or don't, one side of the divide will be happy and can gloat "they were right" because of the insistence by some to draw those lines, then redraw them if anyone dares to blur them.

By all means have concerns, let's face it things have to change for the better from what it's been in the past so why decide it'll be an issue again before we've even got started with the new man?

Why make a "them and us" scenario amongst the fanbase when we should all be on board that things will improve?

It's petty, childish, point scoring bullshit when people constantly put a dampner on what should be an incredibly, exciting period in the Clubs future.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15: Jun 22, 2016 01:40:22 pm
      Used to be the other way around mate as I recall  :f_whistle:.

To be fair... they were only happy to blame Rodgers right at the "end" Mick - before that they were happy to blame the committee.  8)

Not really worried who is picking them, I intend to give Jürgen full credit for all our signings ... including any failures.
      I think we, the forum, should adopt this as the default position if we are all to unite behind Jürgen [point scoring works both ways after all]... although, if I'm being honest, I'm still to see anyone actually ridicule the man.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #16: Jun 22, 2016 01:49:50 pm
      To be fair... they were only happy to blame Rodgers right at the "end" Mick - before that they were happy to blame the committee.  8)
      I think we, the forum, should adopt this as the default position if we are all to unite behind Jürgen [point scoring works both ways after all]... although, if I'm being honest, I'm still to see anyone actually ridicule the man.

Who is "They".
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17: Jun 22, 2016 02:00:13 pm

You really think someone like Jürgen Klopp, who has had amazing success recruiting rough diamonds and making them superstars, working as part of a team, together, to identify and sign the players he needs and wants will a) agree to a signing he doesn't want or rate after he's specifically said he won't and b) in the very unlikely event he did because he's been over ruled, wouldn't play them out of petty spite to get back at the those who did?

Why can't we accept that whether we agree with a "committee process" or not that it can work if it's used properly? 

Why can't we trust his judgement on who he gets, whether you think they are his picks or committee picks?

Why does it have to be a battle, where lines are drawn before a ball's been kicked, that forces people to take "sides"?

One really, truly sad thing that is absolutely certain about the coming season, whether it's a success or a failure, whether the new players fit or don't, one side of the divide will be happy and can gloat "they were right" because of the insistence by some to draw those lines, then redraw them if anyone dares to blur them.

By all means have concerns, let's face it things have to change for the better from what it's been in the past so why decide it'll be an issue again before we've even got started with the new man?

Why make a "them and us" scenario amongst the fanbase when we should all be on board that things will improve?

It's petty, childish, point scoring bullshit when people constantly put a dampner on what should be an incredibly, exciting period in the Clubs future.

Not for the first time Debs I've read your post and cannot for the life of me fathom where in my stuff you've drawn the conclusions you've drawn. You've got a habit of picking me up on things in my posts which aren't actually there, it's a bit strange to be honest.

Here's a quick checklist of what I ACTUALLY think:

1. I think Jürgen should be backed to a much greater extent in the transfer market than it appears so far. Dahoud for example, if Jürgen wants him we should pay what it costs to get him.

2. I don't believe Jürgen will have had much idea who Ben Chilwell is until somebody pointed him in that direction. I think if Jürgen was genuinely looking for competition/a replacement for Moreno his first choice wouldn't be a 19 year old kid who hasn't played a league game.

3. I think if we give Jürgen the tools (proper ones, not that stuff from poundland which is no good for anything) he can build us a platform and win us many trophies. 

4. I'm not looking to "divide" anybody, I'm 100% behind the manager but about 8% behind the owners. I think they are c***s who are pulling the wool over the eyes of supporters.

5. I think the transfer committee arrangement and our recruitment/wages policy we have is bollocks. If it remains in place as it was, changing the manager/the bloke who takes the rap when it f***s up doesn't change the fact that it's bollocks. It is still bollocks whoever is in charge.

6. I think under these circumstances and given how much money our rivals are throwing at it, Jurgens task is impossible.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016 02:18:47 pm by bigmick »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Jun 22, 2016 02:16:53 pm

I could (if I could be stupid enough to be arsed) go back, check and quote quotes but 'they' know who 'they' are so... being as we [me and you] are too intelligent to F**k about with a F***ing daft 'dance' let's just say: 'they' F***ing know who 'they' are and leave it there.   :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and if anyone doesn't see themselves as someone who changed their previously hard held opinion just to have a dig the previous manager then 'they' should neither be worried nor insulted.  :laugh:

Time to unite and stop the point scoring tho'; right?  I'm down with that but I'll be fu**ed if I'll suck FSG cock to do it.  >:D

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016 02:30:39 pm by bad boy bubby »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #19: Jun 22, 2016 02:27:26 pm

Don't all of us want the same thing...success?  The discussion is how it's going to happen or is it happening.

Jürgen had a chance to strengthen in the winter window, it didn't happen. He has his reasons for why he didn't buy anyone and to be honest, it's not like any one player would have likely meant THAT much  to our challenge. But that doesn't mean it's not valid to discuss buying vs not buying in the winter window. I would have liked to see us strengthen, we didn't, oh well.....but at the time it seemed like a bit of a gamble. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to state that and it doesn't mean they don't want Jürgen here or are ridiculing him in any way. In fact, I think the opposite's true....for once there are people that are willing to give the manager the benefit of the doubt on transfers when in the past, those same targeted players would have been scoffed out by those same individuals.

That's progress and shows how much weight Jürgen's reputation means to people.

Still..if we can't have some good spirited debate about whether player A fits what we need, or is player B really a "Jürgen" signing or a committee signing or how does FSG's budget play into things then what is the use of having a forum?

No one is saying get rid of Jürgen, no one is saying that it's a title or else,  people are merely discussing  how they feel about the team.

I don't think I've seen one person post a criteria Jürgen has to meet otherwise he should be sent packing?

And if people are merely trying to draw lines so they can gloat or complain more later on, then that's stupid...and you know what...they'll  be shown for the fools  they are down the road. I don't know why people can't just agree to disagree, or agree to agree and get on with it....why does it always devolve into grown people getting their butts hurt over such trivial things?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20: Jun 22, 2016 02:35:41 pm
      Not for the first time Debs I've read your post and cannot for the life of me fathom where in my stuff you've drawn the conclusions you've drawn. You've got a habit of picking me up on things in my posts which aren't actually there, it's a bit strange to be honest.

Here's a quick checklist of what I ACTUALLY think:

1. I think Jürgen should be backed to a much greater extent in the transfer market than it appears so far. Dahoud for example, if Jürgen wants him we should pay what it costs to get him.

2. I don't believe Jürgen will have had much idea who Ben Chilwell is until somebody pointed him in that direction. I think if Jürgen was genuinely looking for competition/a replacement for Moreno his first choice wouldn't be a 19 year old kid who hasn't played a league game.

3. I think if we give Jürgen the tools (proper ones, not that stuff from poundland which is no good for anything) he can build us a platform and win us many trophies. 

4. I'm not looking to "divide" anybody, I'm 100% behind the manager but about 8% behind the owners. I think they are c***s who are pulling the wool over the eyes of supporters.

5. I think the transfer committee arrangement and our recruitment/wages policy we have is bollocks. If it remains in place as it was, changing the manager/the bloke who takes the rap when it f***s up doesn't change the fact that it's bollocks. It is still bollocks whoever is in charge.

6. I think under these circumstances and given how much money our rivals are throwing at it, Jurgens task is impossible.

Change Jürgen's task from impossible to very hard and I agree 100% :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Jun 22, 2016 02:51:35 pm

popcorn.gif

;D

(Where's Princess gone ?)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #22: Jun 22, 2016 02:53:31 pm
      I could (if I could be stupid enough to be arsed) go back, check and quote quotes but 'they' know who 'they' are so... being as we [me and you] are too intelligent to f**k about with a f**king daft 'dance' let's just say: 'they' f**king know who 'they' are and leave it there.   :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and if anyone doesn't see themselves as someone who changed their previously hard held opinion just to have a dig the previous manager then 'they' should neither be worried nor insulted.  :laugh:

Time to unite and stop the point scoring tho'; right?  I'm down with that but I'll be fu**ed if I'll suck FSG cock to do it.  >:D

Oh right nice of you to remind everyone of your superior intellect!

And you certainly don't mind letting everyone know at every opportunity   :lmao:

Quick Reply