Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Is Klopp or the Transfer committee in charge?

Read 11862 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Is Klopp or the Transfer committee in charge?
      Reply #69: Jun 28, 2016 11:10:10 pm
      Four signings with Klopp's name all over them.

Maybe it took someone that knew what he was doing to earn the responsibility?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #70: Jun 29, 2016 12:03:00 am
      Well judging by heir Klopps comments I think you can say Mane is his signing ,

Yes. Think this is QED. Before the season starts and the dipshits start with their banter lets all agree this is a Klopp signing.

And after Rodgers binned him two years ago for Balotelli or Lambert, let's all agree it wasn't his!

Although if he was a target 2 years ago....committee? ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #71: Jun 29, 2016 12:22:26 am
      Well judging by heir Klopps comments I think you can say Mane is his signing ,

Absolutely Andy, all apart from Caulker which first of all was forced upon us after we couldn't get Subotic and we were having such an injury crisis at CB. After that I think it's very hard to suggest anything other than Klopp being given total control over selection, as he said it would be.

Discussed in the transfer thread how refreshing it is to see players come in with clear plans already mapped out for them. Weaknesses addressed before the window even opens, exactly how Jürgen said he wanted it to happen. We finally appear to be pulling in the same direction, astonishing really.

And after Rodgers binned him two years ago for Balotelli or Lambert, let's all agree it wasn't his!

:lmao:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1478 
      Reply #72: Jun 29, 2016 12:49:48 pm
      Would the TC propose a £30m player? More realistically some £3m players and if possible, free players I'd say. So £30m is definitely a Klopp player. And to pay this much reflects how much Klopp wants Sadio and the amount of support the owners are prepared to give him. I can see our transfer arrangement starting to change with this deal.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #73: Jun 29, 2016 09:46:29 pm
      I don't think there's ever been any doubt at all that Mane is a "Klopp" signing as opposed to a transfer committee one. I'm all for it, I think he's a good player who has the potential to become better and more importantly than that, like Grujic, Matip and Karius he is a Jürgen player and we need more of them.

My gripe has always been with the owners and the amount of money they put into the thing more than it is who actually chooses the players though (although obviously I prefer it if the manager picks them, and not off a list either). So far it looks like we're spending a few quid, but my guess is once the dust settles and we've seen Skrtel, Benteke, Allen, Canios and the like moved on, the difference between the in spend and the outs recovered won't be that big.

Mane will be a good player for us I think, as I've said before I've got a hunch the boss sees him longer term as a centre forward rather than a wide man. My issue is not with the player or the fee, it's that the owners aren't saying to Jürgen "fine, go find three more at a similar level and price and we'll buy them as well".
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #74: Jun 29, 2016 10:09:25 pm
      If they do well - Klopp

If they do badly - Ayre + "why won't Henry buy success for us".
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #75: Jun 29, 2016 10:44:55 pm
      So far it looks like we're spending a few quid, but my guess is once the dust settles and we've seen Skrtel, Benteke, Allen, Canios and the like moved on, the difference between the in spend and the outs recovered won't be that big.

Chopped a bit off mick but I don't think it really matters how much of our outlay we recoup just so long as the ones we do spend on are actually better than the ones we get shot of , as long as they propel the team forward I'm fine with it , I've come to realise we are not going to buy a whole host of real expensive players , going to have to trust Jürgen to get it right , bit of luck it will turn out like the Keegan sale record out , and a cheaper option in ,now that didn't turn out too bad , a profit of £60.000 to boot .
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #76: Jul 06, 2016 10:44:49 pm
      Will the Brexit affect our signings???

A couple of things to remember and I don't want this to sound or be political.

Our holding company is a US based company, this means when we give them our income for the year it is subject to the exchange rate gbp-Usd.

The plus side is that the USD to the Euro is fairly stable at the moment.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #77: Jul 06, 2016 10:49:14 pm
      Just been offered the new contract already so probably the committee is in charge and he likes it.

"Ian, sign him up forever, quick. And while you're at it, silence him in the future".
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #78: Jul 06, 2016 10:52:10 pm
      Will the Brexit affect our signings???

A couple of things to remember and I don't want this to sound or be political.

Our holding company is a US based company, this means when we give them our income for the year it is subject to the exchange rate gbp-Usd.

The plus side is that the USD to the Euro is fairly stable at the moment.

Arsene Wenger has had his say and he seems pretty confident about what will happen.

Arsène Wenger: “Brexit is a spanner in the works.”
      Speaking in an exclusive interview with France Football, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger discussed the consequences of Brexit and more. In full.

What is your reaction to the vote in the United Kingdom in favour of an exit from the European Union?

It worries me, it shocks me too. Nobody knows how exactly this is going to translate into a practical plan. Nobody really knows where we are going. But the shock, is that we discover that in England there are a majority of people who want to leave the European Union. It is even more flagrant when you live in London, the excellent example of cosmopolitan life.

There are in fact two England’s one that voted to remain and another that voted to leave.

What is also concrete is the fall in the pound. That could make English clubs less active from the next summer transfer window onwards…

But it was expected. I spoke with a lot of financial analysts and not a single one of them knows exactly where we are headed. From a political perspective, England has lost its leader and at the moment she does not have another. This instability is worrying. Today, the English are in the dark on a political level. Europe could also falter.

If we put this into a football context, does it mean that wages will be lower and competition will therefore be even stronger?

Yes, certainly. The players will see their wages come down a bit and the competition with Germany, of example, will be stronger. But that was one of the risks of the job and that worries me less. England still has a good amount of financial resources. There is a margin in terms of the money that will come in again this year.

But, in my opinion, it is overwhelmingly in the long-term that there are questions to be answered. The way in which England will leave the European Union will dictate the future of the Premier League. If the league becomes less attractive, the broadcasters will offer less money for the rights, club revenues will decrease and the Premier League will suffer the consequences. There lies the problem.

For the next transfer window, could we imagine that Spanish, German or French clubs will do their dealings in England to take advantage of the strong Euro?

The big English clubs have the means to keep hold of their biggest assets. The most important thing lies elsewhere. Currently, the league is seen as the most attractive one and that image could disappear. In the short term, clubs that are quite strong will be able to resist the competition but England is in the process of building a dominant Premier League.

We thought that one day the best players from Real and Barca would say: “I also want to go to England because everyone is over there.” All of that is now uncertain and Brexit is a spanner in the works. It will have consequences, not in the very short term, but in the long term, yes.

Is it not likely to strengthen the supposed temptation of the English to isolate themselves from the rest of Europe?

In a time where this second a guy in Beijing knows what is going on in London, it is quite futile to want to rattle the mirage of isolationism. It is a construct that does not correspond to reality as much as England currently sits on 24 billion from foreign investors who compensate a little to the large trading deficit. We are in a period of uncertainty. There are people who are much better qualified than I who could talk about this problem.

But even they appear to be completely in the dark. Even the politicians that I have met with do not know what is going to happen and it is this that is terrible. It could also have a destabilising effect and act as a snowball for the rest of Europe. Other countries could try to take the same road. There have already been temptations…

But when a majority of British people openly said no to Europe…

My impression is not that the English do not want Europe. In reality, they do not want Europe as it currently is. There is certainly a lot of confusion for a large number of people who voted to leave. Their message was more: “I do not want Europe in its current form.”

It is a feeling that is shared in a lot of countries. Unconsciously or naturally, everyone understands that we can no longer live in an isolated manner in a globalised economy. But there is a form of discontentment towards all the problems that we have not been able to solve. And that came out too at the referendum.

Is there not also a danger that Brexit could make the international governing bodies more fragile?

I have always been convinced that the authority of FIFA and UEFA was important for the unity of football in general. I was extremely shocked by all the scandals surrounding FIFA, because they diminished their authority. And that could also harm unity in football.

There is however still a big absence of governance and leadership at UEFA, today, after the suspension of Michel Platini for 4 years…

Yes, sadly. This needs to stop as soon as possible. It is important to have a central authority that maintains the unity of our sport. There must not one day be a Super League organised by an independent organisation where the aims are solely commercial. There must always be, at the base, a desire to improve the quality of football. The financials must follow, but it must not be the driving force at the beginning. UEFA and FIFA must guarantee this. It is for this reason that what happened at FIFA is very serious.

Many have already discussed the possibility of an exception to say that footballers shall be accorded to particular rights in order not to impact too much and to preserve the free movement of footballers…

It is always intellectually difficult to defend such a principle. And to claim that football should be afforded even more privileges that do not apply to other activities when football is already very privileged. A lot of jobs are international. Why should we prioritise football? When a rule exists, it should apply to all professions otherwise there will always be demands that are made.

England therefore needs the Europe of football?

Certainly. There is a great example: when England left the European Championships for five years (1985), she worked hard to come back to the level of the others. I think that England needs Europe, it is indispensable. And Europe needs England.

Don’t forget that it is the English who created this port. It is for that reason today that everyone is a bit groggy. I ask myself if the England players (who lost to Iceland) were themselves not left a little groggy by the whole thing.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/arsene-wenger-brexit-is-a-spanner-in-the-works/

Imagine Steve Bruce saying this stuff...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #79: Jul 06, 2016 10:58:40 pm
      Just been offered the new contract already so probably the committee is in charge and he likes it.

"Ian, sign him up forever, quick. And while you're at it, silence him in the future".

Not sure how you make that assumption?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #80: Jul 07, 2016 12:17:21 am
      Imagine Steve Bruce saying this stuff...

;D     ;D

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #81: Jul 07, 2016 10:13:42 am
      Not sure how you make that assumption?

Makes two of us. Can't even remember writing the F***ing thing.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #82: Jul 12, 2016 08:43:52 pm
      A fellow on The Anfield Wrap yesterday said dealings during this close season suggest we may need to dispense with the term "Transfer Committee."

I think he has a point.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #83: Jul 21, 2016 08:38:04 am
      I dont believe that the committee is having much influence on Klopp,good transfers so far.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #84: Jul 22, 2016 07:14:39 pm
      I dont believe that the committee is having much influence on Klopp,good transfers so far.

At this point I'd put it more like: There IS no longer a transfer committee at LFC.

There a scouts of course, analytics people of course and business/lawyer/accountant types of course to carry out certain responsibilities - but all at the direction of the manager. If you can find the right person to run things, that is the ideal setup. We have.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #85: Jul 22, 2016 09:05:41 pm
      At this point I'd put it more like: There IS no longer a transfer committee at LFC.

There a scouts of course, analytics people of course and business/lawyer/accountant types of course to carry out certain responsibilities - but all at the direction of the manager. If you can find the right person to run things, that is the ideal setup. We have.

I think you're wrong.
      The committee is still the same as it always was.
      The difference is when Klopp presents them with a list of "wants", he has a better eye for a player than BR.
      Likewise, if the committee show him the players they think will fit his model, he has a greater knowledge base on which to make decisions.
      Same with young players.

A good example of this would be Mane, who was rejected by BR, but wanted by Klopp.

It also shows the difference between continental managers, who are used to working in a collegiate way, and British managers who think they should be in charge of everything.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #86: Jul 22, 2016 09:13:34 pm
      I think you're wrong.
      The committee is still the same as it always was.
      The difference is when Klopp presents them with a list of "wants", he has a better eye for a player than BR.
      Likewise, if the committee show him the players they think will fit his model, he has a greater knowledge base on which to make decisions.
      Same with young players.

A good example of this would be Mane, who was rejected by BR, but wanted by Klopp.

It also shows the difference between continental managers, who are used to working in a collegiate way, and British managers who think they should be in charge of everything.

I think your probably correct on this Swab, though I don't even call them a TC anymore..just a group of guys that work for the Boss.

I would not be in the least bit surprised over the next few years if many of them are gone and replaced by the gaffers own people.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #87: Jul 22, 2016 09:42:03 pm
      As much as people will disagree ( or maybe not) Jürgen is only here because of his preference of developing stars, rather than buying them.
      Of course he IS one of the best managers on the planet, and we are unanimous in support of him being our manager, but if FSG didn't think he could find the required players without spending silly money ( or normal money for a club of our size) he wouldn't be here.
      Given the German based players we've been linked with, it genuinely looks like Jürgen its in charge, but I have to add I don't agree entirely with his policy of solely moulding stars, there must be some ready to go first team improvers.
      The fact we seem to have missed out on Zelinski and Dahoud due to money, the transfer committee still seems to be dictating the price we are willing to pay for certain players.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #88: Jul 22, 2016 09:55:44 pm
      The fact we seem to have missed out on Zelinski and Dahoud due to money, the transfer committee still seems to be dictating the price we are willing to pay for certain players.

Disagree with you only on this point..we were equal bid on Zeilinski but the we got screwed over by the italians and so did the player imo; BGM came out and said they did not want to lose Dahoud this season  and it was widely reported that they spoke to Klopp regarding this....Klopps money...he spends it the way he wants and the TC dictate jack-sh*t in terms of the price we are willing to pay as the manager came out and said this and it has been backed up by loads of credible journos.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #89: Jul 23, 2016 10:05:40 am
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #90: Jul 23, 2016 11:53:30 am
      I think your probably correct on this Swab, though I don't even call them a TC anymore..just a group of guys that work for the Boss.

I would not be in the least bit surprised over the next few years if many of them are gone and replaced by the gaffers own people.

I think too much has been made of this TC business.
      When you hear that BR rejected Mane for what, 12 million quid? It does reflect on his judgement a bit, or maybe more than a bit.
      I think the group will stay in place, more or less.
      An analyst is an analyst at the end of the day, and Mike Gordon isn't going anywhere. In fact as a slight aside, I suspect he's (again) the reason our transfers have been wrapped up pretty quickly. If memory serves he started negotiating our transfers last summer along with Ayre.
      What I do think will change is the market we are looking to shop in, with more players from Eastern Europe.

We'll see, but it looks like a pretty good first big window for Klopp and his TC ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,681 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #91: Jul 23, 2016 12:17:01 pm
      Klopp will never allow a player to come in not with his say.

These transfers were all Klopp's signing.

Quick Reply