Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Euro 2016 - Last 16

Read 49469 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Euro 2016:- Knockout Stages.
      Reply #529: Jun 28, 2016 05:36:08 pm
      According to journalists he was asked twice today to hold a press conference and twice he refused. Only on the third occasion did he submit to the FA's wishes.

What a F***ing coward indeed. An embarrassment.

I know he did mate. 

He also ran down the tunnel immediately at the final whistle, never bothered acknowledging his own fans, didn't bother congratulating the Iceland players, nor consoling his own. 

Far too interested in covering his own ineptitude by delivering his resignation speech in the hope he wouldn't need to face the consequences with the media. 

Hate is a very strong word but I hate everything the man stands for - self preservation being his only aim.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #530: Jun 28, 2016 06:28:50 pm
      I am not angry at all I was resigned to the failure as soon as Woy took charge
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #531: Jun 29, 2016 12:51:32 am
      :lmao:

Either you're not Engloish or you have mistaken Alan Shearer for somebody else.

Correct mate, I am not even sure what Engloish is? Is that a brummy accent you have there?

However my suggestion is not as daft as being made out, look at the other candidates, Southgate, Hoddle (who didn't rate Robbie "GOD" Fowler), Harry Redknapp who has done feck all for ages, and then at the others, Pardew, Sherwood, Howe. I wonder why people think my suggestion is such a joke? In Shearer we have someone who is passionate about England, and has been the only pundit to truly show his anger over our loss to Iceland. This is what we need, passion. So by all means, disagree with me, but look at what we have had, its not as daft a suggestion as you may think. At least I didn't suggest Ian Wright!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #532: Jun 29, 2016 01:12:14 am
      Correct mate, I am not even sure what Engloish is? Is that a brummy accent you have there?

However my suggestion is not as daft as being made out, look at the other candidates, Southgate, Hoddle (who didn't rate Robbie "GOD" Fowler), Harry Redknapp who has done feck all for ages, and then at the others, Pardew, Sherwood, Howe. I wonder why people think my suggestion is such a joke? In Shearer we have someone who is passionate about England, and has been the only pundit to truly show his anger over our loss to Iceland. This is what we need, passion. So by all means, disagree with me, but look at what we have had, its not as daft a suggestion as you may think. At least I didn't suggest Ian Wright!

To be honest mate when I spoke to my dad last night about Shearer going for an interview when Capello left and before Woy took over and was told he did not have enough experience by the FA, his answer was "how much managerial experience did Beckenbauer or Klinsmann have when they took over the German national team"

Might not be such a silly suggestion after all.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #533: Jun 29, 2016 01:31:32 am

Redknapp has done nothing for ages yet you think Shearer should be manager? Can't beat a good contradiction. I know plenty of people who are passionate about England and were angry about the other night, should they be in consideration too? If so, I'll give them a ring tomorrow and let them know.

An English manager should be avoided completely, there isn't one that stands out to be good enough.

To be honest mate when I spoke to my dad last night about Shearer going for an interview when Capello left and before Woy took over and was told he did not have enough experience by the FA, his answer was "how much managerial experience did Beckenbauer or Klinsmann have when they took over the German national team"

Might not be such a silly suggestion after all.

Shearer didn't have a clue at Newcastle though. He's one of the first to be a gobs***e on TV but rarely ever comes up with ideas on how to solve problems.

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #534: Jun 29, 2016 01:48:39 am
      Redknapp has done nothing for ages yet you think Shearer should be manager? Can't beat a good contradiction.

Shearer has been commentating on game, replying as is on match of the day, and constantly involved with the football. His opinions are on the spot, compared to Redknapp who has time to formulate an opinion seeing as he is pretty much uninvolved with punditry or management. Not so much contradiction, more of a fact. I dont mind you disagreeing with me, but jeez dude. Get with it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #535: Jun 29, 2016 02:13:54 am
      Shearer didn't have a clue at Newcastle though. He's one of the first to be a gobs***e on TV but rarely ever comes up with ideas on how to solve problems.

And completely hamstrung by that gobs***e Ashley.

England need something different, they've got a fairly easy World Cup Qualifying group - I'd give him a go, he couldn't do any worse than some of the names mentioned.

As ever though the FA will go for a safe option.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #536: Jun 29, 2016 05:35:48 am
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #537: Jun 29, 2016 01:09:53 pm
      Do you think Woy would do well as a regular pundit on TV? Sorry "wegular".
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #538: Jun 29, 2016 01:44:15 pm

Nah, I wish he'd just F**k off now to the old folks home.

Had enough of listening to his bluffing bullshit when he was manager here, don't need him becoming a F***ing pundit.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #539: Jun 29, 2016 01:57:44 pm

He'd be awful which probably means we'll be seeing plenty of him as one  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #540: Jun 29, 2016 02:09:26 pm
      Hasn't Hodgson done work as a pundit before? Somebody will definitely employ him as one regardless of how clueless he is.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #541: Jun 29, 2016 02:15:36 pm
      Klinnsman's been muted as a possible replacement. Sky saying he's "intrigued" by the job.

Please, take him off our hands.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #542: Jun 29, 2016 02:18:33 pm
      Klinnsman's been muted as a possible replacement. Sky saying he's "intrigued" by the job.

Please, take him off our hands.

It'd be a strong 'no thanks' if it was down to me :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Euro 2016 - Last 16
      Reply #543: Jun 29, 2016 06:09:39 pm
      For the tactics fanatics on Twitter this lad is well worth a follow:

https://twitter.com/szteveo/status/748193245352595457
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Euro 2016 - Last 16
      Reply #544: Jul 03, 2016 03:01:23 pm
      Shearer has been commentating on game, replying as is on match of the day, and constantly involved with the football. His opinions are on the spot, compared to Redknapp who has time to formulate an opinion seeing as he is pretty much uninvolved with punditry or management. Not so much contradiction, more of a fact. I dont mind you disagreeing with me, but jeez dude. Get with it.

Alan Shearer Analysis Starter Pack (includes 'Al's Face Like Thunder" face mask) :

"No pace................... No passion................ No desire............... The defence was all over the place".

Quick Reply