Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259431 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Re: Sadio Mane Player Thread
      Reply #69: Jun 28, 2016 10:45:42 pm
      Some finisher. A natural if you ask me.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #70: Jun 28, 2016 10:45:57 pm
      He can play right, left or in a 10 shirt and he has a nice weight of pass when playing others in on goal. He put four past us over two games, bagged a hatrick vs City, scored past the gooners so he is a talent.

Seems to track back a lot and recovers quite a few; looks to be workhorse.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #71: Jun 28, 2016 11:06:03 pm
      are you having a laugh?

Mane, at £30 million, is good business?

this is embarrassing.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. 

Jürgen's happy. I'm happy. Everyone else seems happy in here.

F**k off.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,965 posts | 3944 
      Reply #72: Jun 28, 2016 11:33:22 pm
      And it's "supporters" like you which is which is wrong with a part of this club. Get a grip and have some faith for F**k sake, writing off a player who has had a decent career so far before he has even trained with us is frankly pathetic.

Why I blank the F***ing eejit mate for almost as long as I've been on the forum.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #73: Jun 28, 2016 11:40:27 pm
      Welcome to LFC Sadio! Hope you will be goal-scoring machine for us.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #74: Jun 28, 2016 11:49:06 pm
      All we need is Sadio Mane (clap clap) Sadio Mane (clap clap) Sadio Mane (clap clap)

And yeah I'm a bit of a Queen fan :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #75: Jun 28, 2016 11:53:20 pm
      are you having a laugh?

Actually I think it's more like £36 million as he's now our most expensive purchase!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #76: Jun 29, 2016 12:25:15 am
      I quite like him, he's very quick,he's direct and skilful on the ball. He has done pretty well at Saints and his goals record, particularly against some of the bigger sides is particularly good. He can play right, left or in a 10 shirt and he has a nice weight of pass when playing others in on goal. He put four past us over two games, bagged a hatrick vs City, scored past the gooners so he is a talent.

My only doubt from watching him is his first touch which is often quite scruffy/heavy, you can see that from watching the clips from the various games.

Mane Vs Man City (ha trick in this game)

https://youtu.be/4g5QifkfwA8

Mane vs Chelsea

https://youtu.be/LqSpp_3ZQ8Y

Mane vs Aston Villa

https://youtu.be/7VBQ0Adrof4

Spot on Scott, that'd be my only youtube criticism ( :D ) he does seem to lose the ball a little too easily, too often. I'm sure that's the area that he'll be looking to improve on most but just turning 24 I think we can expect a good deal of improvement yet.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #77: Jun 29, 2016 01:30:24 am
      Welcome to the club!

I don't know what he's like, so will reserve judgement on him until I see him in a Red shirt.

I did read (I hope it isn't true) that he was our primary transfer target after the lad from Bayern snubbed us, and that Sadio was our only big money signing this summer.

If that is true, and our spending practically stops there then that isn't a good sign IMO. We still need a beast or two in central midfield at the least.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #78: Jun 29, 2016 01:40:44 am
      Welcome to the club!

I don't know what he's like, so will reserve judgement on him until I see him in a Red shirt.

I did read (I hope it isn't true) that he was our primary transfer target after the lad from Bayern snubbed us, and that Sadio was our only big money signing this summer.

If that is true, and our spending practically stops there then that isn't a good sign IMO. We still need a beast or two in central midfield at the least.

Just because he may be our main transfer it doesn't mean we're not going to sign anybody else. We're still after a centre mid (or two) and a left back at least.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #79: Jun 29, 2016 02:14:52 am
      Just because he may be our main transfer it doesn't mean we're not going to sign anybody else. We're still after a centre mid (or two) and a left back at least.

I know that.

But we need main transfers elsewhere IMHO.

If not, I can forsee another par season of 6th-8th.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #80: Jun 29, 2016 02:22:33 am

Marko Grujic and Piotr Zielinski will be the two centre midfield signings, so just the left-back to sort and we've still got Joe Gomez who can play there too!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #81: Jun 29, 2016 08:21:43 am
      are you having a laugh?

yeah but what you think is based on inaccuracies, making your statement redundant. you have no clue how money or transfers work so just stop posting mate, like you did for a while there.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #82: Jun 29, 2016 10:19:30 am
      Welcome to Liverpool. I have a good feeling about this lad but then again; I always have a good feeling about our players  (I try to leave the trash talk to posters who feel really comfortable ridiculing Reds.  :laugh:).

Seriously tho'... Sadio is just about to enter his prime (IMO) - the fact that we won't have to wait four or five years for that is great news.  :gt-happyup:
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #83: Jun 29, 2016 12:05:55 pm
      All we need is Sadio Mane (clap clap) Sadio Mane (clap clap) Sadio Mane (clap clap)

And yeah I'm a bit of a Queen fan :laugh:

WE NEED TO GET THIS STARTED!
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #84: Jun 29, 2016 12:20:41 pm
      Actually I think it's more like £36 million as he's now our most expensive purchase!

If this £36m can get us top four or win the league, then that's money well spent. Nobody would complain by then. We're cautious right now because of players like Benteke, Carroll etc. and that's perfectly understandable. But this is a Klopp signing so let's give him a chance. You think the TC would propose a £36m player? It's a Klopp signing. Deffo.

Klopp must have wanted him badly. The premium you place on a purchase is a reflection of your desire for it. Klopp would never take players who think that they've "arrived" and have lost desire in improving.

Hopefully he has a good season and by then "get in" would be the most frequent post. None of us can prove if he'll be a success or a failure at this juncture. Like it or not he's our player. So let's get behind his back for now. Fingers crossed, hopefully we'll be right in the mix come the end of the season.
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016 12:31:18 pm by ruthcity »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #85: Jun 29, 2016 01:11:00 pm
      If this £36m can get us top four or win the league, then that's money well spent. Nobody would complain by then. We're cautious right now because of players like Benteke, Carroll etc. and that's perfectly understandable. But this is a Klopp signing so let's give him a chance. You think the TC would propose a £36m player? It's a Klopp signing. Deffo.

Klopp must have wanted him badly. The premium you place on a purchase is a reflection of your desire for it. Klopp would never take players who think that they've "arrived" and have lost desire in improving.

Hopefully he has a good season and by then "get in" would be the most frequent post. None of us can prove if he'll be a success or a failure at this juncture. Like it or not he's our player. So let's get behind his back for now. Fingers crossed, hopefully we'll be right in the mix come the end of the season.

Not top 4, buys like this must win us the league. We aren't Arsenal.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #86: Jun 29, 2016 01:17:19 pm
      Not top 4, buys like this must win us the league. We aren't Arsenal.

:clap: There's a chance. We now have the two fastest EPL hat trick scorers. Plus we've a bunch of Southampton players feeding him the ball...  :f_tongueincheek:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #87: Jun 29, 2016 01:22:44 pm
      Putting aside the fee, in terms of the type of player he is exactly what we were crying out for.

I'm hopeful he'll be a big success and look forward to seeing him improve under Jürgen.

Welcome Sadio!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #88: Jun 29, 2016 01:39:13 pm
      Does that make fed (in his own mind) 20% more justified and us more positive types 20% more in denial?

I'm just glad Andy Carroll will have been forgotten about!
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #89: Jun 29, 2016 04:12:34 pm
      :f_tongueincheek: Mane being Mane will definitely cost us a lot of money. Because his name is Mane.  :f_tongueincheek: But think about it, if we get into the CL, the money will finance around about half of the £30m. So the gamble on this guy is we make it to the top four for the next two seasons. And if he can improve, flog him at a higher price to Real or Barca. That will be the perfect scenario that this transfer pays for itself. Everyone's happy.

Downside is we end up selling him for £20m or less. Net cost will be £10-15m. At lest the numbers look somewhat nicer than Ballotelli, which is looking like someone will offer us next to nothing for him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #90: Jun 30, 2016 03:22:02 pm
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #91: Jun 30, 2016 05:18:35 pm

Quick Reply