Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Which player do you expect to surprise us this season

Read 9930 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 723 
      Re: Which player do you expect to surprise us this season
      Reply #23: Jul 06, 2016 07:24:04 pm

i agree with this though ;D

he's a proven scorer in the prem league. If he leaves us he will get goals.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #24: Jul 06, 2016 09:01:10 pm
      Firmino wil  do  good ...is not a surprise
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Jul 06, 2016 09:03:45 pm
      i agree with this though ;D

he's a proven scorer in the prem league. If he leaves us he will get goals.

Probably, just a shame it's not for us though !!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #26: Jul 07, 2016 09:52:46 am
      I think Markovic will be mine. If it's one thing that Jürgen loves that's quick players because it fits in with his gegen way of playing. It wouldnt suprise me to see Lazar  playing on the right and Mane on the left with Coutinho....on the bench.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #27: Jul 07, 2016 11:49:56 am
      Im curious to see how Mane gets going.
      A pleasant surprise would be Sturridge fit for the full season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: Jul 07, 2016 11:50:45 am
      I can see Ings shining anytime he's given the chance and Origi having an in and out sort of season [something which comes with his age].

Henderson remaining captain and being the focal point of Jürgen's midfield; a surprise? Only to the folk who need to hate, I suppose.  >:D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29: Jul 07, 2016 12:14:02 pm
      I want to see Jordan Henderson get his form back and make some progression he stalled last year possibly due to injury but we need far more from him
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Jul 07, 2016 02:30:46 pm
      Ibe, we'll get a £15m bid for him.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #31: Jul 07, 2016 05:59:08 pm
      Ibe, we'll get a £15m bid for him.

Got any tips for the Lottery, mate? xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #32: Jul 07, 2016 06:07:01 pm
      I think they're all capable of surprising us one way or the other, which points to the inconsistency that's been a huge problem for years. 

I hope we keep a fairly stable starting 11 and formation and the players settle into it and play consistently as a solid team, as they can and did on too-few memorable occasions last season.  Then we might see progress up the league.

Player-wise:
      I'm still not sure about Firmino and Emre (sorry folks), and I've still got high hopes that guys like Lallana and Ings prove to be class acts!  But one player to surprise us all and come good (say it quietly)........... Alberto!

Neck firmly on chopping block!

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #33: Jul 07, 2016 06:19:22 pm
      I think they're all capable of surprising us one way or the other, which points to the inconsistency that's been a huge problem for years. 

I hope we keep a fairly stable starting 11 and formation and the players settle into it and play consistently as a solid team, as they can and did on too-few memorable occasions last season.  Then we might see progress up the league.

Player-wise:
      I'm still not sure about Firmino and Emre (sorry folks), and I've still got high hopes that guys like Lallana and Ings prove to be class acts!  But one player to surprise us all and come good (say it quietly)........... Alberto!

Neck firmly on chopping block!

Do you mean Alberto the obviously talented but totally unsuited to the Premiership midfielder mate, or Alberto the spring heeled but ultimately thick as f*** left full back? I suppose put it like that and in my eyes it doesn't make much difference  ;D.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #34: Jul 08, 2016 12:32:15 am
      Last season I think Lovren was my pick. A player I had almost given up on, I thought he just got better and better as the season went on. He certainly surprised me!

Ibe was probably my unpleasant surprise of the season. I really expected him to kick on from the previous season, get among the goals and start to sparkle. Sadly he had a torrid time, struggled for form and confidence and from being our most promising young player has become a player that may well be moved on. He's certainly dropped down the pecking order.

This season I think Henderson may be a surprise package. rumoured to be surplus to requirements I think he has the strength of character and determination to overcome his difficulties and again show us that there is a very good player in there somewhere who will grasp the opportunity to shine.

I think Firmino is the one I would pick for the unpleasant surprise, I know his stats and some of his performances were good last season, but I think he flatters to deceive too often and while I hope he kicks on as most expect, I think he may really struggle this season.

Unpleasant - Lallana.
      Pleasant - like you I'd have to say Lovren.

This season - Ings.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #35: Jul 08, 2016 12:40:17 am
      Surprise: Karius & Matip both serem astute signings. Ings & Gomez coming back is a big win.
      Flop: Hendo. Captain to being unable to maintain a starting berth, by end of season. Alternative Milners legs to go, but it think thats unlikely with his T-total, 200% attitude.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Jul 08, 2016 09:07:55 am
      I'm going for Mane to be our outstanding player this season, Klopp sees something special in him, hence his interest in him for a few years, he was good at Saints so how good will he become under Klopp?

My shocker for the season is unsurprisingly Moreno, he'll probably have a good start but will go back to his usual brainless self as the season progresses, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jürgen takes him out altogether and replaces him with Flanagan or Gomez.

YNWA
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #37: Jul 08, 2016 01:18:21 pm
      My pick would be Danny Ings.  before his injury he was starting to look pretty good.  he just needs a good run in the team and to stay injury free.  I think we have a class finisher with this lad

YNWA
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #38: Jul 08, 2016 01:43:04 pm
      Really think Karius is going to be the keeper we've needed!

I worry about Origi, I think he has the potential to be unreal I just think he lacks a clinical touch to really make him a regular!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #39: Jul 08, 2016 01:49:20 pm
      I'm going for Mane to be our outstanding player this season, Klopp sees something special in him, hence his interest in him for a few years, he was good at Saints so how good will he become under Klopp?

My shocker for the season is unsurprisingly Moreno, he'll probably have a good start but will go back to his usual brainless self as the season progresses, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jürgen takes him out altogether and replaces him with Flanagan or Gomez.

YNWA

I'm really intrigued by Moreno mate. It's clear that unlike the majority of fans Jürgen seems to be happy enough with him starting next season. It was also interesting to see the stats about his chance creation being one of the best in the league so I think this one would be the biggest surprise to most of us if he makes a success of it.

I really think a brain surgeon is required rather than a football coach but I'll watch on with great interest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #40: Jul 08, 2016 01:52:46 pm
      I'm really intrigued by Moreno mate. It's clear that unlike the majority of fans Jürgen seems to be happy enough with him starting next season. It was also interesting to see the stats about his chance creation being one of the best in the league so I think this one would be the biggest surprise to most of us if he makes a success of it.

I really think a brain surgeon is required rather than a football coach but I'll watch on with great interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGqY90zVoGU
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #41: Jul 08, 2016 02:20:15 pm
      Pleasant surprise - Grujic. I don't know much about the lad but he looks physically able to cope with the league and hopefully he bring some steel to our midfield.

Unplease surprise - Sturridge. One good season since he joined us and has been injured for the rest of the time. Big season for him to prove he's one of the best.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #42: Jul 08, 2016 03:41:54 pm

:lmao:

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #43: Jul 11, 2016 08:22:02 pm
      I think Ryan Kent will get a few opportunities and will impress.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Jul 11, 2016 09:17:47 pm

Just saying it now. He's total sh*t and i'd be very surprised if he got on the pitch this season for Liverpool.

And Moreno won't be surprising anybody either. Worst left back in the league by a distance.

Think Mane will be our success story this year if he stays fit and gets a run of matches.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Jul 11, 2016 09:26:10 pm
      Karius. Hope I don't jynx it here but I think he will be boss.

Quick Reply