Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ragnar Klavan (Liverpool -> Cagliari)

Read 45683 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Re: Ragnar Klavan Player Thread
      Reply #69: Aug 15, 2016 05:29:56 pm
      This guy is kwality. Classy, intelligent defender.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #70: Aug 15, 2016 06:19:07 pm
      Early to  say but   he is showing   confidence which is very  important for  a CB
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #71: Aug 23, 2016 08:43:02 pm
      Take this how you will ... re. Klavan, was bit surprised by comments that when playing for Estonia vs the Faroe Islands, he was identified as weak link and subsequently Estonia shipped 3 goals in the match...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/we-got-three-goals-against-him-with-the-faroes-brian-kerr-slates-liverpool-defender-after-dismal-display-34981512.html

"I must say about Klavan, they surprised me when they signed him. He plays for Estonia, he has about 120 caps. He played against the Faroes when I was in the Faroes and I remember studying him before the match and thinking he was a bit of a weak link. I never thought he was a fella who would be playing for Liverpool in the Premier League. Maybe my judgement wasn't very good but we got three goals against him with the Faroes."
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #72: Aug 23, 2016 08:50:49 pm
      Take this how you will ... re. Klavan, was bit surprised by comments that when playing for Estonia vs the Faroe Islands, he was identified as weak link and subsequently Estonia shipped 3 goals in the match...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/we-got-three-goals-against-him-with-the-faroes-brian-kerr-slates-liverpool-defender-after-dismal-display-34981512.html

"I must say about Klavan, they surprised me when they signed him. He plays for Estonia, he has about 120 caps. He played against the Faroes when I was in the Faroes and I remember studying him before the match and thinking he was a bit of a weak link. I never thought he was a fella who would be playing for Liverpool in the Premier League. Maybe my judgement wasn't very good but we got three goals against him with the Faroes."

Yes, oddly enough, Klavan didn't play in this match...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #73: Aug 23, 2016 09:03:23 pm
      Yes, oddly enough, Klavan didn't play in this match...

Ah - OK :) Only heard about Kerrs comments on the wireless.  Checking the latest, seems Estonians have been quick in their rebuttal ...

Dear Sir, I saw this article: http://www.balls.ie/football/ragnar-klavan-liverpool-brian-kerr/343511

Mr Kerr is quoted here: "He actually played against the Faroes when I was with the Faroes, and I remember studying him before the matches and thinking he was a bit of a weak link. I never thought he was a fellow that would be playing for Liverpool in the Premier League. We got three goals against him with the Faroes, and we'd a load of part-time lads. A load of lads working in the fishing industry and so on. They were good enough to expose him."

There are three big mistakes in these quotes: 1) Faroe Island have never scored three goals against Estonia as claimed. They scored two; 2) In that game when Mr Kerr was coaching Faroe Islands and they scored two goals (07.06.2011), Klavan did not play.

Match sheet can be found on Estonian FA website: http://jalgpall.ee/protocol.php?st=style_fp.css&nteam_id=1&proto=509&game=423; 3) Mistake number two means that the last sentence "A load of lads working in the fishing industry and so on. They were good enough to expose him." is not true as Klavan did not play in that match.

Thank you in advance for correcting these mistakes!

Best regards, Mihkel Uiboleht Estonian Football Association Media Officer
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #74: Sep 07, 2016 07:55:39 pm
      Out again this weekend after aggravating his knee injury;

New Liverpool signing suffers injury blow for Leicester

Klavan set to miss visit of the Premier League champions

Ragnar Klavan looks set to miss Liverpool’s Premier League showdown with Leicester City at Anfield on Saturday.

The Estonian centre-back reported back for club duty on Wednesday having aggravated the knee injury which had forced him to miss the trip to Tottenham prior to the international break.

A scan had given Klavan the all-clear to captain Estonia in their opening World Cup qualifier against Bosnia-Herzegovina on Tuesday night – having sat out the 1-1 friendly draw with Malta last week.

The 30-year-old played the full 90 minutes in Zenica but it proved to be a painful night in more ways than one as Estonia were thrashed 5-0 and he was hampered by discomfort in his knee late on.

Klavan will now be assessed by Liverpool’s medical staff but he’s unlikely to feature this weekend.

Dejan Lovren and Joel Matip are expected to be the Reds’ centre-backs having impressed as a partnership in the 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-liverpool-signing-suffers-injury-11857204#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Brace yourselves for the absolute fume if Illori gets on the bench ahead of Sakho! :P
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #75: Sep 07, 2016 07:58:26 pm
      Out again this weekend after aggravating his knee injury;

New Liverpool signing suffers injury blow for Leicester

Klavan set to miss visit of the Premier League champions

Ragnar Klavan looks set to miss Liverpool’s Premier League showdown with Leicester City at Anfield on Saturday.

The Estonian centre-back reported back for club duty on Wednesday having aggravated the knee injury which had forced him to miss the trip to Tottenham prior to the international break.

A scan had given Klavan the all-clear to captain Estonia in their opening World Cup qualifier against Bosnia-Herzegovina on Tuesday night – having sat out the 1-1 friendly draw with Malta last week.

The 30-year-old played the full 90 minutes in Zenica but it proved to be a painful night in more ways than one as Estonia were thrashed 5-0 and he was hampered by discomfort in his knee late on.

Klavan will now be assessed by Liverpool’s medical staff but he’s unlikely to feature this weekend.

Dejan Lovren and Joel Matip are expected to be the Reds’ centre-backs having impressed as a partnership in the 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-liverpool-signing-suffers-injury-11857204#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Brace yourselves for the absolute fume if Illori gets on the bench ahead of Sakho! :P

fume from who?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #76: Sep 07, 2016 08:03:59 pm

Meant as tongue in cheek mate, the whole Sakho thing is still fresh so it will create debate irregardless of what happens.

A bit of a pointless statement on my behalf as I just remembered that Lucas was our CB cover against Spurs so it will probably be the case here again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #77: Sep 07, 2016 08:11:12 pm
      Meant as tongue in cheek mate, the whole Sakho thing is still fresh so it will create debate irregardless of what happens.

A bit of a pointless statement on my behalf as I just remembered that Lucas was our CB cover against Spurs so it will probably be the case here again.

Ah ok, understood.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #78: Sep 07, 2016 08:20:14 pm

Nah, there won't be. Ilori is one of the forum darlings!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #79: Sep 20, 2016 11:18:59 pm
      Another solid performance and a first LFC goal for the lad, well in Ragnar! Looks to be a very reliable player for us.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #80: Sep 21, 2016 11:43:53 am
      He's very reliable and good with the ball at his feet, an obvious upgrade on Skrtel.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #81: Nov 13, 2016 10:25:39 pm
      Not a good night for Ragnar getting tonked 8-1.
      SummerNight
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      • Go Klavan Go!
      Reply #82: Nov 29, 2016 03:48:46 pm
      I wonder when will he get some more playtime
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #83: Nov 29, 2016 11:58:12 pm
      I wonder when will he get some more playtime

Won't be anytime soon in the league unless there's an injury/suspension to Matip or Lovren. Rightly so too, they are building a good partnership by the looks of things.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #84: Nov 30, 2016 05:13:10 am
      Looked a bit rusty at times last night - admittedly Lucas was pushing on at times in 2nd half.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #85: Nov 30, 2016 08:42:58 am
      Looked a bit rusty at times last night - admittedly Lucas was pushing on at times in 2nd half.

Yes a bit rusty, but was our best CB, Lucas looked very very nervy at times.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #86: Dec 06, 2016 01:37:59 am
      Surprised that Lucas continually gets the nod before Klavan.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #87: Dec 06, 2016 02:39:43 am
      Surprised that Lucas continually gets the nod before Klavan.

I agree, and I am a Lucas fan boy! From the little I seen, I actually prefer Klavan over Lovren.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #88: Dec 14, 2016 11:37:00 pm
      Big shout to our Viking that was a top performance.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #89: Dec 15, 2016 03:47:24 am

It absolutely was. Lallana man of the match, but Klavan was very strong in defense and even in limited support of the attack. He looks like he can't run, but then he is hte first to every ball in his area. Good decisions as well.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #90: Dec 15, 2016 06:36:38 am

No better or worse then Lovren in my opinion both were equally good.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #91: Dec 15, 2016 12:11:07 pm
      He played really well last night.

Has he been injured recently? I didn't think he had but seems strange that Klopp would of started Lucas ahead of him at Bournemouth?

Quick Reply