Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Tour - Hotel Requests

Read 5860 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      LFC Tour - Hotel Requests
      Jul 21, 2016 03:05:48 pm
      I came across the following 'article' online. It's basically about some of the requests that the club have made about the hotel rooms that the players and staff will be staying in. After reading the intro I thought there must be something really dodgy about some of the requests, I was wrong, most of them are common sense.

Liverpool have come up with a list of hotel requirements ahead of the new season which lists a number of bizarre demands.

Documents obtained by the Daily Star say Adam Lallana and Jordan Henderson must be roomed next to each other wherever the team are staying.

Philippe Coutinho, meanwhile, must have a fan in his room to keep him cool.

The list also states that each of the players' rooms must be non-smoking rooms, as opposed to manager Jürgen Klopp and his assistant Peter Krawietz.

Klopp and Krawietz both require smoking rooms.

While the players are handed hotel rooms, the club makes a special request for Klopp and his other assistant, Zeljko Buvac (above right), to be handed complimentary upgrades to hotel suites.

Meanwhile, Krawietz must be allocated a hotel room next to the duo.

Interestingly, the club requests that all outcoming and incoming phone calls from all of the rooms are blocked, while a request is also made for all mini-bars to be stripped of alcohol and snacks, and stocked solely with water and fruit juice.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/adam-lallana-and-jordan-henderson-must-be-roomed-next-to-each-other-on-liverpool-away-days/ar-BBuBrV6?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Re: LFC Tour - Hotel Requests
      Reply #1: Jul 21, 2016 03:07:48 pm
      So if Henderson is sold Lallana will probably leave too?...
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2: Jul 21, 2016 03:08:46 pm
      I came across the following 'article' online. It's basically about some of the requests that the club have made about the hotel rooms that the players and staff will be staying in. After reading the intro I thought there must be something really dodgy about some of the requests, I was wrong, most of them are common sense.

Liverpool have come up with a list of hotel requirements ahead of the new season which lists a number of bizarre demands.

Documents obtained by the Daily Star say Adam Lallana and Jordan Henderson must be roomed next to each other wherever the team are staying.

The list also states that each of the players' rooms must be non-smoking rooms, as opposed to manager Jürgen Klopp and his assistant Peter Krawietz.

While the players are handed hotel rooms, the club makes a special request for Klopp and his other assistant, Zeljko Buvac (above right), to be handed complimentary upgrades to hotel suites.

Interestingly, the club requests that all outcoming and incoming phone calls from all of the rooms are blocked, while a request is also made for all mini-bars to be stripped of alcohol and snacks, and stocked solely with water and fruit juice.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/adam-lallana-and-jordan-henderson-must-be-roomed-next-to-each-other-on-liverpool-away-days/ar-BBuBrV6?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

Not going to find to many smoking motel rooms in California...and all of them have air conditioners so Phil should be sufficiently cooled off.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #3: Jul 21, 2016 03:38:09 pm
      Muck raking sh*te by the Daily Star.

Find the mole and let Jürgen annihilate the c**t
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #4: Jul 21, 2016 03:46:17 pm

I agree. Seems common sense to me, I was kind of expecting it to be a "what a bunch of pampered idiots" article.

Given the club must be taking 50 people with them and required loads of storage space, I'm sure those demands are actually relative easy to fulfill no?

Nothing too crazy, just a fan and some smoking rooms next to each other.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5: Jul 21, 2016 05:17:43 pm
      Nothing too crazy, just a fan and some smoking rooms next to each other.

I'm from California and live a few hundred miles a way...probably travel and stay there 5-6 times a year across the state...have not seen a hotel room with smoking allowed for 5-10 years...can't smoke in bars or restaurants...Jürgen and the boys are going to probably be huddling in the designated smoking area outside the hotel....:)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2016 05:28:45 pm
      I'm from California and live a few hundred miles a way...probably travel and stay there 5-6 times a year across the state...have not seen a hotel room with smoking allowed for 5-10 years...can't smoke in bars or restaurants...Jürgen and the boys are going to probably be huddling in the designated smoking area outside the hotel....:)

I must admit I don't think there are many smoking rooms available at most places you stay now.

Could be wrong but can't think of booking at room in last few years and being given a smoking or non-smoking option.

Have to say though, if I was going to have to go outside to smoke a fag I'd much rather do it in California sun than the British rain!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7: Jul 21, 2016 05:57:57 pm
      I must admit I don't think there are many smoking rooms available at most places you stay now.

Could be wrong but can't think of booking at room in last few years and being given a smoking or non-smoking option.

Have to say though, if I was going to have to go outside to smoke a fag I'd much rather do it in California sun than the British rain!

If I was smart I would figure there hotel...drive over and hang out next to the outside ashtray...might bump into the gaffer late one night :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: Jul 21, 2016 07:31:19 pm
      Just to echo that it is difficult to find a decent place in the U.S. that allows smoking anymore. For smoking rooms you might have to book a place with the word "Roadhouse" in it or something pay-by-the-hour rates.

I didn't realize Klopp is a smoker. Would make all those post-match hugs less enjoyable....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #9: Jul 21, 2016 08:37:16 pm
      I didn't realize Klopp is a smoker.

Haven't you seen any of the pics of Jürgen sliding off for a sly fag at Melwood :laugh:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #10: Jul 21, 2016 09:21:58 pm

Except  it's in the triple digits in SoCal this  week (just got back this morning), granted they are in NoCal training.

Found out why Henderson and Lallana  wanted to room together....just leaving this here....

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #11: Jul 21, 2016 09:22:21 pm
      Muck raking sh*te by the Daily Star.

Find the mole and let Jürgen annihilate the c**t

I f*cking love this reaction to leaked hotel room requests.  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2016 09:48:39 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Jul 21, 2016 09:54:07 pm
      Can I be the 'Fan' in Coutinho's bedroom  :lmao: :lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Jul 21, 2016 09:55:39 pm
      Can I be the 'Fan' in Coutinho's bedroom  :lmao: :lmao:

So much for being MsGerrard :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2016 09:57:11 pm

;D ;D After I've sorted Couts, I'll pop across to LA to see my Stevie  :f_whistle:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Jul 21, 2016 10:02:34 pm
      ;D ;D After I've sorted Couts, I'll pop across to LA to see my Stevie  :f_whistle:

Behave woman!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Jul 21, 2016 10:04:12 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #18: Jul 21, 2016 10:12:16 pm
      Except  it's in the triple digits in SoCal this  week (just got back this morning), granted they are in NoCal training.

Found out why Henderson and Lallana  wanted to room together....just leaving this here....

Enrique wishes he was there with the fellas but at least he has found new companionship :)

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #19: Jul 22, 2016 01:58:52 am
      Enrique wishes he was there with the fellas but at least he has found new companionship :)

Holy crap :lmao:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #20: Jul 23, 2016 04:45:27 am
      So if Henderson is sold Lallana will probably leave too?...

Live in hope!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #21: Jul 24, 2016 02:06:09 pm
      Danny Ings has been doing a diary of the trip to the U.S. Doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box.

After training, this afternoon we made a visit to Alcatraz as a squad, which was a great experience for both me personally and us as a group.

To be honest, I’ve never really been to any tourist places with history like that before, so it was good to go and have a look. The rest of the lads enjoyed it as well and it was really interesting to read and learn about its history.

It was important for us as a collective too, because things like that help the new lads settle in and become part of the group.

Usually at this level, a lot of players do actually know each other from previous experiences, but of course some don’t. Things like we did today, going to Alcatraz and having a walk around together, means people can get to know each other’s personalities a bit better, find out who can speak which languages and find out who has got banter and who hasn’t.

To be fair, the majority of the new boys have got banter – but then again, I wouldn’t say who hasn’t because I don’t want to get smashed in training tomorrow!

Speaking of having a laugh, me and Millie [Milner] took on Adam [Lallana] and Hendo on Friday at a game of ‘cricket’ on the dart board in the players’ room in the hotel. First we started playing ‘golf’ on the dart board where every number is a hole and if you hit a double or a treble it’s different. I was the laughing stock for the first game – I wasn’t hitting much form; however, I did end up finishing second behind Millie.

Millie is a borderline darts player – he is unbelievable. Then we ended pairing up for a game of dart golf where Millie and I took on Adam and Hendo. All that has to be said is that it was an absolute dispatch, there was no point Adam and Hendo playing us. Although to be honest, I did feel I was carrying Millie a little bit in the game…
      « Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016 02:17:08 pm by HUYTON RED »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Jul 24, 2016 03:00:30 pm
      Danny Ings has been doing a diary of the trip to the U.S. Doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box.

Sounds like the lads are all bonding well though and enjoying it all....that spills out onto the pitch with good support for each other.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #23: Jul 24, 2016 03:07:02 pm
      Sounds like the lads are all bonding well though and enjoying it all....that spills out onto the pitch with good support for each other.

I'm still laughing at the Sakho vid's from the US Tour, he's off his barnet.

MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Jul 24, 2016 03:10:12 pm
      I'm still laughing at the Sakho vid's from the US Tour, he's off his barnet.

I know....he's crazy isnt he :D :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #25: Jul 24, 2016 03:16:33 pm

Batshit crazy more like.

The vid of him going round Alcatraz asking everyone how long they could last there and then replying "I could last 100 years, cos I am a lion." Priceless!!

Anyone seen the vid where he rides up on a motorbike behind Matuidi in Paris and scares the bejesus out of him?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Jul 24, 2016 03:19:00 pm
      Batshit crazy more like.

The vid of him going round Alcatraz asking everyone how long they could last there and then replying "I could last 100 years, cos I am a lion." Priceless!!

Anyone seen the vid where he rides up on a motorbike behind Matuidi in Paris and scares the bejesus out of him?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not seen that...one to look out for  8)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #27: Jul 24, 2016 03:26:53 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not seen that...one to look out for  8)

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RgzC2PN30A

Absolutely love Sakho, must be good fun having him around.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Jul 24, 2016 09:31:59 pm
      Here you go:

Cheers for that Danzel....that's boss  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #29: Jul 25, 2016 10:59:26 am
      Usually with this sort of 'leak' we're asking for a credible 'link'........this time I'm struggling to even see the F***ing story.......this is vacuous pish!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30: Jul 25, 2016 11:38:14 am
      I think the comms ban is bang on.

How much sh*t have we seen coming out from players with crap and loose talk.

Remember  B(l)abbel.

Always on Twitter .   

Twit Tw*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #31: Jul 25, 2016 02:30:05 pm
      Usually with this sort of 'leak' we're asking for a credible 'link'........this time I'm struggling to even see the F***ing story.......this is vacuous pish!

Space-filler basically!!

Anyway this thread has moved on to the deranged behaviour of Sakho  >:D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #32: Jul 25, 2016 02:32:43 pm
      I think the comms ban is bang on.

How much sh*t have we seen coming out from players with crap and loose talk.

Remember  B(l)abbel.

Always on Twitter .   

Twit Tw*t.

That'll be Babel ;) the dutch fella, not Babbel the german fella :laugh:
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #33: Jul 25, 2016 02:53:28 pm
      Here you go:

Can't understand a word he's saying but that is brilliant....cheers fella.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: Jul 25, 2016 07:39:50 pm
      That'll be Babel ;) the dutch fella, not Babbel the german fella :laugh:

B(l)abel.
       ;D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #35: Jul 26, 2016 09:58:06 pm
      Not sure if I buy this to be honest...

Why would we ask for complementary upgrades - you would just book the best rooms for the manager. Its not like we cant afford it on the millions we are paying. Also, there will be silly deals with hotel chains... Also, when was the last time you stayed in a room that only had a single bed? Premier Inn's have doubles as standard now - I would imagine that the team are staying in places nicer than Prem Ins...

Smoking rooms are a thing of the past - in the US you would be stupid to ask for these.

Only part that was interesting was the Hendo & Lallana part that would make me thinking Lallana could be named vice to Hendo as Captain and thats why. But again, would the club be so weird as to make sure the best mates are kept together? I doubt it very much...

All in all, a fun read but I very much doubt this is true...

Quick Reply