Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Premier League Fantasy Football - 2016/17

Read 18523 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: Premier League Fantasy Football - 2016/17
      Reply #23: Jul 28, 2016 04:29:30 pm
      right click on the player, then select captain from pop up options.

Sorry, just click on the player and option will pop up, then select make captain etc.

Thanks!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Jul 28, 2016 09:43:32 pm
      Difficult to choose a team this season! Have to nail the first few price changes to free up some extra money. Worked for me last season so fingers crossed.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Jul 29, 2016 07:26:26 am
      Difficult to choose a team this season! Have to nail the first few price changes to free up some extra money. Worked for me last season so fingers crossed.

Is Racerx ok?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #26: Jul 29, 2016 08:14:33 am

Yes mate, he's just warming up for the new season
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #27: Jul 29, 2016 08:27:46 am
      Yes mate, he's just warming up for the new season

Good to hear that, I PM him about our league but he did not reply neither renew the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2016 12:23:34 pm
      Good to hear that, I PM him about our league but he did not reply neither renew the league.

He'll be back around soon mate, certainly with enough time for the first gameweek I'd have thought.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #29: Jul 29, 2016 04:31:39 pm
      He'll be back around soon mate, certainly with enough time for the first gameweek I'd have thought.

Ok mate, thanks.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Jul 29, 2016 04:56:35 pm
      Still nothing. All a bit annoying really.

You'll be glad to know that Wijnaldum is now on it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Jul 29, 2016 07:50:19 pm
      Currently dismantling my team for the 4th team for various reasons (injuries, possibility of being rested early, being transferred etc.). Is anybody else finding it difficult to pick a team that they feel fully comfortable with this season?

One thing that's annoying this year is how there's ONE striker in between 7.5 and 9.0, and that's Janssen at 8.0 who will no doubt be a back up to Kane.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #32: Jul 29, 2016 10:09:40 pm
      You're not alone, finding it quite difficult myself too.

Is it just me or has the average price of the midfielders gone up compared to previous years? The past few years you could find some good players in the £6-7m price range, now you're paying atleast £7.5-£8.5 for any decent midfielder it seems. Just have to look at the likes of Martial, Alli, ... One good season and Alli went from what, £5,5 to £8,5? Martial didn't have that great a season either and he's at 9,5. Firmino did better statistics-wise and he's only at £8.5, ridiculous really.

And as you said, the better strikers are all rated £9m or higher and then there's that huge gap.  Some of them are waaaay overpriced just because they scored a few goals last season or are suddenly playing for a big team. Rashford rated at £7m already? The boy scored 5 goals. Probably won't even play that much either with Mourinho as manager and his love for developing young players. It's like the new tv-deal made the prices on the game go up too, haha.

Regarding defenders and goalkeepers I think they did a good job on the prices.

There's so much to think about this year. Who will be rested in the early games because of the Euros? How will all the new managers set up their teams this season? Still a lot of players waiting for a transfer too. (Costa, Benteke, Lukaku, ...)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Jul 29, 2016 11:03:09 pm
      You're not alone, finding it quite difficult myself too.

Is it just me or has the average price of the midfielders gone up compared to previous years? The past few years you could find some good players in the £6-7m price range, now you're paying atleast £7.5-£8.5 for any decent midfielder it seems. Just have to look at the likes of Martial, Alli, ... One good season and Alli went from what, £5,5 to £8,5? Martial didn't have that great a season either and he's at 9,5. Firmino did better statistics-wise and he's only at £8.5, ridiculous really.

And as you said, the better strikers are all rated £9m or higher and then there's that huge gap.  Some of them are waaaay overpriced just because they scored a few goals last season or are suddenly playing for a big team. Rashford rated at £7m already? The boy scored 5 goals. Probably won't even play that much either with Mourinho as manager and his love for developing young players. It's like the new tv-deal made the prices on the game go up too, haha.

Regarding defenders and goalkeepers I think they did a good job on the prices.

There's so much to think about this year. Who will be rested in the early games because of the Euros? How will all the new managers set up their teams this season? Still a lot of players waiting for a transfer too. (Costa, Benteke, Lukaku, ...)

I'd love to know how they make up the prices, surely it has to come close to evening itself out over the whole game? You can be guaranteed that there will be a few very low priced players who turn out to be gems.

There are definitely a number of prices that I don't agree with but that's the same every year :D

I've just finished putting a couple of players into my team that should be moving to better clubs or to clubs where they'll actually play so I'm hoping that benefits me and their prices shoot up. I've also had to take people out like Mertesacker, Sanchez & Defoe.

Do you ever look at your team when you're doing it and think "surely I can't have zero players from 'x' club"? :D. I do.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #34: Aug 03, 2016 05:06:36 pm
      Those who were not in the league last year, contact Racerx34 because he renewed our league. Thanks racerx
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Aug 03, 2016 05:28:12 pm
      In for both again. Finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th (?) last season in the main league but sucked in the H2H league.

Tough as sh*t to pick a team this season.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #36: Aug 03, 2016 05:39:02 pm
      In for both again. Finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th (?) last season in the main league but sucked in the H2H league.

Tough as sh*t to pick a team this season.

Tell me, I invested in strikers and midfielders. Keepers and defender were sacrificed.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #37: Aug 04, 2016 02:24:05 pm
      Thanks, joined league now.
      Agree, the prices for midfielders and strikers have certainly gone up big time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Aug 04, 2016 04:04:03 pm
      Anybody want to try a league that DM Osbon has started on Togga? It's basically a fantasy football draft league so nobody has the same players as each other. I did a league last year and enjoyed it.

Here's the website: https://www.playtogga.com/

Check out the rules and stuff and if you want to join just enter this referral code: H65GZHFQSS6JTJZT

The draft is on the 12th August at 6pm. It's a 12 team league and there's 9 spots left. 
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #39: Aug 05, 2016 12:19:54 pm
      Anybody want to try a league that DM Osbon has started on Togga? It's basically a fantasy football draft league so nobody has the same players as each other. I did a league last year and enjoyed it.

Check out the rules and stuff and if you want to join just enter this referral code: H65GZHFQSS6JTJZT

The draft is on the 12th August at 6pm. It's a 12 team league and there's 9 spots left. 

I have joined, I'm trying to understand how it's done.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #40: Aug 05, 2016 12:29:11 pm

I was interested, but I'm at work when the picking takes place.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: Aug 06, 2016 06:41:37 pm
      I have joined, I'm trying to understand how it's done.

The basics of it are:

- You take turns picking whichever player you want.

- The picking order reverses in each round (pick 1st in the 1st round then you pick last in the 2nd round and then 1st in the 3rd round etc.)

- You can pick as many players from any club as you want

- Points get awarded for basically everything from clearances to completed crosses, goals to tackles so you have a lot more to think about than picking just for goals and assists

- You pick 16 players overall

- Those players can be made up from a selection of any (example: if you only want 1 keeper in your squad then that's not a problem, you just pick 1).

- If you want to bring somebody in from free agency then you click on them and you then have to wait 24 hours for it to be confirmed. If somebody above you in the list picks that same player then you have to find a replacement.

If there's anything you want answers to then just ask mate.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #42: Aug 07, 2016 07:08:22 am
      The basics of it are:

- You take turns picking whichever player you want.

- The picking order reverses in each round (pick 1st in the 1st round then you pick last in the 2nd round and then 1st in the 3rd round etc.)

- You can pick as many players from any club as you want

- Points get awarded for basically everything from clearances to completed crosses, goals to tackles so you have a lot more to think about than picking just for goals and assists

- You pick 16 players overall

- Those players can be made up from a selection of any (example: if you only want 1 keeper in your squad then that's not a problem, you just pick 1).

- If you want to bring somebody in from free agency then you click on them and you then have to wait 24 hours for it to be confirmed. If somebody above you in the list picks that same player then you have to find a replacement.

If there's anything you want answers to then just ask mate.

Thanks, mate. I added some players in the queue, they are there just to be my favourite then I need to actually pick them in the draft. Am I correct?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Aug 07, 2016 09:31:44 am
      Thanks, mate. I added some players in the queue, they are there just to be my favourite then I need to actually pick them in the draft. Am I correct?

Ye mate. The problem comes when other people start picking those players :D.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #44: Aug 07, 2016 11:24:31 am
      Ye mate. The problem comes when other people start picking those players :D.

So I need to be online for the draft. Might be a problem, it will automatically pick a team for me, am I right?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Aug 07, 2016 11:32:08 am
      So I need to be online for the draft. Might be a problem, it will automatically pick a team for me, am I right?

If you've go a list of players in the queue then it'll pick those for you in that order if you're not online. If you don't have anybody in your queue pile then it'll pick anybody.

Quick Reply