Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where do you think the reds will finish this coming season?

1st
      28 (26.4%)
      2nd to 4th (CL Qualification)
      43 (40.6%)
      5th to 6th (Likely Europa League Qualification)
      33 (31.1%)
      7th or 8th
      2 (1.9%)
      9th or 10th
      0 (0%)
      Bottom half
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Aug 14, 2016 09:58:23 am

Pre Season Predictions: Where will Liverpool finish in 2016-17?

Read 23186 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Pre Season Predictions: Where will Liverpool finish in 2016-17?
      Reply #138: Sep 05, 2016 06:07:12 pm
      The "groups of 5 games" Debs; I take it they start a new every 5 games?

And... if so: do you "stress" at the end of every group where we fail to get 9 - 10 points or does that 'tally' just roll over to say a group of 10 and failing that 15?

I'll let you work that one out mate, I ain't playing cat and mouse.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #139: Sep 05, 2016 06:48:46 pm
      Yep me too mate.

I think we will get stronger defensively as the season progresses, but I hoped that we could have had that improvement during pre-season.

same here and it still bugs me and confuses me as to why we would not spend money available to strengthen. I can see us struggle for a few more games and then build up momentum and at the end of the season will look back at the missed opportunity
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #140: Sep 05, 2016 06:55:55 pm
      same here and it still bugs me and confuses me as to why we would not spend money available to strengthen. I can see us struggle for a few more games and then build up momentum and at the end of the season will look back at the missed opportunity

Thats assuming any new signings would hit it off straight away.

A big assumption mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #141: Sep 05, 2016 08:12:15 pm
      Thats assuming any new signings would hit it off straight away.

A big assumption mate.

Mane and Matip look really solid two more like them and bingo. At least we are out of our misery now waiting for Carlos Alberto to sign.
      Maybe if Moreno smoked some of JH's stuff he might chillout a bit and not act like the roadrunner for 90 mins
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #142: Sep 06, 2016 08:23:57 am
      I'll let you work that one out mate, I ain't playing cat and mouse.
      No 'cat and mouse', just discussion debs but I have no problem if you don't want to elaborate - it's not that important.  :laugh:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So anyhows...

On a wholly different note - three games in last season - we were unbeaten and sitting third with an average 2.33 p.p.g. and look how that ended up   :o

So...

Yeah, I've said it elsewhere but it's too early to be panicking, or ecstatic, about anything. It will be December before we will be able to look at the 'picture' in any worthy detail in my opinion. Not that this should stop any discussion on individual games in the meantime, btw; far from it in fact and everyone's 'right' to do that should be no different from any other season.   8)

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2016 08:47:33 am by bad boy bubby »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #143: Sep 18, 2016 11:16:24 am
      Well I did say I may need to review my prediction of 7th after a few matches, so here we are.
      Iv'e fallen into this trap of optomism many times before following a run of decent results. Today, due to the opposition we've played so far, and not just the results, but the quality of our play, and periods of dominance, or not, in respect of the burnley game, I am now going to raise my hopes, an say top 4.
      Can we keep some consistency going now ? I pray we do, then I won't need to have a rethink further down the line.  ;D
      TOP 4 IT IS THEN !
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #144: Sep 18, 2016 11:20:01 am
      Well I did say I may need to review my prediction of 7th after a few matches, so here we are.
      Iv'e fallen into this trap of optomism many times before following a run of decent results. Today, due to the opposition we've played so far, and not just the results, but the quality of our play, and periods of dominance, or not, in respect of the burnley game, I am now going to raise my hopes, an say top 4.
      Can we keep some consistency going now ? I pray we do, then I won't need to have a rethink further down the line.  ;D
      TOP 4 IT IS THEN !

Good man!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #145: Sep 18, 2016 11:23:06 am
      Interesting  ......

-------------------------------------------

Heart says first.

Head says 2nd to 4th.

We've now the most competitive and talented league managers in our league ... than anywhere else in the world.

Besides us 

Guardiola

Maureen

Wenger

Ranieri

Pochettino

Conte

Bilic

That is some talent right there.

We are going to have to be good.

In Jürgen we trust.

Head still says 2nd to 4th .

Think City will open up a lead on the rest.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #146: Sep 18, 2016 12:34:10 pm
      Think that we will be hard pressed to finish in a top two, (Both Manchester clubs look too strong) I think realistically; we are in a four way battle (Liverpool, Arsenal,Spurs, and Chelsea) for third spot, and CL football...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #147: Sep 18, 2016 01:25:23 pm

Come again? City are flying but the red cu*ts are sh*te.

Even just now they've equalised thanks to a ball just falling to feet.

Lost to Feyenoord, robbed Hull and completely outplayed by City.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #148: Sep 18, 2016 02:37:10 pm
      Think that we will be hard pressed to finish in a top two, (Both Manchester clubs look too strong) I think realistically; we are in a four way battle (Liverpool, Arsenal,Spurs, and Chelsea) for third spot, and CL football...

I'm going to be cocky. We will finish top two. Yes, citeh look strong, but the cu*ts just lost 3-1 at Watford.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3352 
      Reply #149: Sep 18, 2016 04:09:42 pm
      People need to jump off this City bandwagon.

Yeah they've won five games, good for them. Who the F**k have they played? The bottom four in the League right now, that's who. And a United side crumbling apart. In the second half at Old Trafford, United were comfortably the better side as well.

For the money they've spent and the world class manager they've got, they should be making mince meat of the bottom four in the League. Let's wait until they've had a F***ing difficult match before we start wanking ourselves silly at that F***ing small time club.

Out of every club, we've performed the best in the League given our fixtures. I'd even put Burnley, second game of the season, as a harder fixture than most will because they're still flying high from their promotion.

So bollocks to "we're in a fight for fourth" and forget "we might get in the top three." Nah F**k that, we're gonna win the League.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #150: Sep 18, 2016 04:21:30 pm

Yeah they've won five games, good for them. Who the F**k have they played? The bottom four in the League right now, that's who. And a United side crumbling apart. In the second half at Old Trafford, United were comfortably the better side as well.

For the money they've spent and the world class manager they've got, they should be making mince meat of the bottom four in the League. Let's wait until they've had a F***ing difficult match before we start wanking ourselves silly at that F***ing small time club.

Out of every club, we've performed the best in the League given our fixtures. I'd even put Burnley, second game of the season, as a harder fixture than most will because they're still flying high from their promotion.

So bollocks to "we're in a fight for fourth" and forget "we might get in the top three." Nah F**k that, we're gonna win the League.

So let me get this right, City beating the bottom 4 isn't that good but losing to 5th bottom is OK? :D. We're the only team to lose to Burnley in their opening 5 fixtures, flying high my arse! Bollocks to the realistic people, let's all just get carried away with ourselves instead :roll:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #151: Sep 19, 2016 04:32:15 pm
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly

Yeah they've won five games, good for them. Who the F**k have they played? The bottom four in the League right now, that's who.

Fair analysis.

However we would, and will be bricking it over whether we can beat the same sides. They have beat what was put in front of them. It's now up to us to match it.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #152: Sep 19, 2016 09:27:15 pm

Yeah they've won five games, good for them. Who the f**k have they played? The bottom four in the League right now, that's who. And a United side crumbling apart. In the second half at Old Trafford, United were comfortably the better side as well.

Amazed there is so much hype about them to be honest, spoon fed their fixtures so far, looked a mess defensively and looked stronger a year ago. I'm not in the slightest bit concerned. I'm more concerned about playing someone like Watford than City.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #153: Sep 19, 2016 09:32:07 pm
      So let me get this right, City beating the bottom 4 isn't that good but losing to 5th bottom is OK? :D. We're the only team to lose to Burnley in their opening 5 fixtures, flying high my arse! Bollocks to the realistic people, let's all just get carried away with ourselves instead :roll:

He hasn't said it was okay for us losing to Burnley. Don't think it's a case of getting carried away seeing as we've smashed last seasons champions, put 4 past last seasons runners up, took a point off last seasons 3rd place and beat an in form Chelsea away. That's a lot tougher than what City have had it. We have only been at home for 1 of them games too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #154: Sep 19, 2016 09:43:10 pm
      Jesus lads gone to 2nd favourites with the bookies
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #155: Sep 19, 2016 10:54:28 pm
      second to city, but that'll be enough for us to win it next season!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #156: Sep 19, 2016 11:08:45 pm
      Too much made of the Burnley defeat. Indicative of a side still trying to find a gear in this new season. For sure we were poor but we had a new look (and quite radical) midfield three of Lallana, Gini and Hendo that was very much in its early development phase! Let's remember that aside from 20 minutes against Arsenal we were misfiring either side of that. In the context of impressive performances against Tottenham (undeserved draw), Leicester and Chelsea that Arsenal performance looks relatively unimpressive. Seems odd saying that having scored 4 at there!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #157: Sep 19, 2016 11:20:26 pm
      second to city, but that'll be enough for us to win it next season!

I think it will be much harder to win it next season. CL will mean we will need a larger squad, more players to integrate etc etc and while we are building a larger squad our rivals can concentrate on bringing in the one or two top quality players they need.

I'm still hoping if we are there or thereabouts at Christmas we may throw a bit of money at bringing in a quality player to help us over the line this season.     
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #158: Sep 20, 2016 05:40:04 am
      I predicted 5th or 6th. I don't want to get carried away at this early stage, but the start we've had its better than I'd imagined, going to Chelsea and winning is a massive statement of intent.
      The next games against Hull and Swansea will tell us more, as our results against these type of teams usually derail our season.
      I do worry that or lack of depth in the full back positions could cost us points, but we do look like we can score more than we'll concede.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #159: Sep 20, 2016 09:00:26 am

Yeah they've won five games, good for them. Who the f**k have they played? The bottom four in the League right now, that's who. And a United side crumbling apart. In the second half at Old Trafford, United were comfortably the better side as well.

For the money they've spent and the world class manager they've got, they should be making mince meat of the bottom four in the League. Let's wait until they've had a f**king difficult match before we start wanking ourselves silly at that f**king small time club.

So bollocks to "we're in a fight for fourth" and forget "we might get in the top three." Nah f**k that, we're gonna win the League.

Love your work  .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #160: Sep 20, 2016 09:01:15 am
      Jesus lads gone to 2nd favourites with the bookies

Woah !

Quick Reply