Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where do you think the reds will finish this coming season?

1st
      28 (26.4%)
      2nd to 4th (CL Qualification)
      43 (40.6%)
      5th to 6th (Likely Europa League Qualification)
      33 (31.1%)
      7th or 8th
      2 (1.9%)
      9th or 10th
      0 (0%)
      Bottom half
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Aug 14, 2016 09:58:23 am

Pre Season Predictions: Where will Liverpool finish in 2016-17?

Read 23219 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre Season Predictions: Where will Liverpool finish in 2016-17?
      Reply #46: Aug 09, 2016 06:14:23 am
      We are just not talented enough to go for the PL title, Leicester was not either, but those things don't happen twice in a row. I'd be happy if we can make 5th place. I think 5-8th place are realistic. Klopp would need Suarez plus another star player in midfield/defense to attack methodically for a title. I wonder if Jürgen will try it in the season 2017/2018 (if not one or two of our players develop into such a role). I know from his german days that he never touched real superstars and I wonder if it was because he couldn't afford them or if he can't get along with them.

p.s. One of the two national cup's could be ours. 5th and FA cup winner and I'd take it right now^^.

FFS,  honestly fella, get your head out of your arse, 5th to 8th and you'd be happy,  we're not f***in Swansea!!

YNWA
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #47: Aug 09, 2016 07:16:27 am
      If we don't get a   LB ,CM who is good at attacking and defence ....and a striker we wil not make the top 4

For me 5th or 6th
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #48: Aug 09, 2016 07:36:51 am
      Put 2nd. I can see Chelsea grinding teams out and winning a lot of 1-0's. Really like Conte, defensively are strong, and can see Hazard bouncing back post-mourinho.

I'm worried about our GK situation still. We still have Mignolet starting, we still have only Moreno LB.

I think we will win Carling Cup/FA cup this year though. But if we are still out the race for title by March, it's a failure for me.

We came damn close with no other distractions, and now we have a squad with more belief and better manager, so we need to do it.

IF we manage it, it would probably be 3rd happiest day of my life! (After baby and wedding obvs 😏)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #49: Aug 09, 2016 08:09:14 am
      First.
      With no qualifying statement.

Numero Uno
      Because I, you know, really believe we are going to finish first.

Top of the Heap
      Because we are going to gain more points than any of the others, and the team that does that is considered the first place team.

We're Liverpool
      And We're Number One
      We're the best damn team under the sun.

We're Mean, We're Bad
      We're the Best By Far
      We'll smoke all the others like a cheap cigar

Motivation, Determination
      That's Our Style
      It's been that way for a long, long while.

Drive On Herr Jürgen.
      Drive On.

(borrowed from my drill sgt. in the army from way back when).

By the way, I voted "First."

First.

Interesting  ......

-------------------------------------------

Heart says first.

Head says 2nd to 4th.

We've now the most competitive and talented league managers in our league ... than anywhere else in the world.

Besides us 

Guardiola

Maureen

Wenger

Ranieri

Pochettino

Conte

Bilic

That is some talent right there.

We are going to have to be good.

In Jürgen we trust.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2016 10:54:35 am by MIRO »
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #50: Aug 09, 2016 08:43:25 am
      Here we go again!

Can't see us finishing higher than 5th.  :(
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #51: Aug 09, 2016 09:57:19 am
      Interesting  ......

-------------------------------------------

Heart says first.

Head says 2nd to 4th.

Weve now the most competitive and talented league managers in our league than anywhere else in the world.

Besides us 

Guardiola

Maureen

Wenger

Ranieri

Pochettino

Conte

Bilic

That is some talent right there.

We are going to have to be good.

In Jürgen we trust.

No room there for Big Fat Sam  Skip.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Aug 09, 2016 10:50:13 am
      No room there for Big Fat Sam  Skip.

Not now he is with England.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Aug 09, 2016 11:49:41 am
      I think, no I know Jürgen will have these lads much better drilled this season and "IF" we can sort out the fullback problem defensively we will challenge because like Brendan Jürgen will have a full week to prepare for each game which must be fantastic for a manager.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: Aug 09, 2016 12:33:29 pm
      What's with all this worrying about other teams; their managers and players stuff?  :-\

C'mon to F**k now lads - this forum has been packed, to busting, with your fellow Reds insisting...

1: Jürgen is a world class manager (let's be honest, he's certainly every bit as good as any of the rest) and that...

2: Leicester have "proven" you don't need "big names" to win titles.

So... what's with this 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th sh*t; don't you believe them?   :laugh:

And... as Walt says above; if having no European football can help, someone like Brendan Rodgers, nearly win the League, in his second season, then someone like Jürgen must have an outstanding chance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Aug 09, 2016 12:52:02 pm
      I do find it interesting that even before a ball is kicked some don't rate our chances . Before a ball is kicked we have as good a chance as anyone. We do have  difficult start but that's maybe what we need. I don't take much notice of pre season games as a lot of the time the lads will have done full training session in an overload phase before a game . They should all be eating bloody Red meat now until the game and be foaming at the mouth and if they don't realise the opportunity they have this season they shouldn't be in the club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #56: Aug 09, 2016 01:13:06 pm
      What's with all this worrying about other teams; their managers and players stuff?  :-\

C'mon to f**k now lads - this forum has been packed, to busting, with your fellow Reds insisting...

1: Jürgen is a world class manager (let's be honest, he's certainly every bit as good as any of the rest) and that...

2: Leicester have "proven" you don't need "big names" to win titles.

So... what's with this 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th sh*t; don't you believe them?   :laugh:

And... as Walt says above; if having no European football can help, someone like Brendan Rodgers, nearly win the League, in his second season, then someone like Jürgen must have an outstanding chance.

Look ,  I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but C'mon Lads & Ladettes, where is your belief, this directed to the negative posters amongst us,

Question, Do you believe in Jürgen Klopp?
      If so, then surely you also believe in what he is trying to do, Yes?

So if then you believe that then isn't it safe to say that what we have all witnessed since he came in is marked improvement to what we were during the death throes of TPM,
      After all, he's taken TPM players to two major cup finals within 7months of his tutelage,

He's brought in staff who will further improve the condition of the players and has added to the squad who HE believes will have us challenging for those CL spots and even a genuine charge for the title itself,
      We have to consider that this is just the start of the building process, as the seasons tick by he will add more quality, who he's added thus far are for this season and the challenge ahead,  it's by no means the last piece of the jigsaw, as jigsaws go, he's only doing the corners atm, he'll fill it in as he goes,

Remind yourselves what he said in his first presser,
      "We have turn from Doubters to Believers"

It seems some of you have yet to convert from mediocrity to Kloppism,

SO COME ON NEGGIES, REMOVE YOUR HEIDS FROM YOUR NEGATIVE ARSES AND GET WITH IT!!!!!!!

OH by the way I voted 1st , but in all honesty top 4 would be a success considering we were 8th last season,

Improvement indeed!

YNWA
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #57: Aug 09, 2016 01:13:06 pm
      All depends if Karius can stay fit and show he is good enough in goal for us, if so, I think we will finish just outside top 4, a new established left back with Karius fit, I think it'll be touch and go with top 4. Karius, left back and a DM/DLPM, I would put a lot of cash on his finishing top 3, perhaps even challenging :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #58: Aug 09, 2016 03:31:22 pm
      Judging who we've signed relative to other clubs, I'm not very confident of a good season. Most of the signings so far are either players we've never heard of, have no experience of how difficult this league is, or similar players to whom Rodgers and Kenny were signing, not quite the Gotzes and Lewandowskis we were promised Klopp would just have to click his fingers for them to show up. The mass clearout everyone forecast hasn't materialised either, and many of the flops are still there.

As always, December to February will make or break the season. Last year, we took just half the points on offer and it destroyed the season. For every win at City, there was a Watford wobble waiting in the wardrobe. In just two days last weekend, we've battered Barcelona and been mauled by Mainz, so it looks like the same signs of inconsistency are still there.

At least the fixture list after the first month is relatively favourable, but it was even better last year and we didn't make the most of it. We're going to have to this time, and Klopp is going to have to somehow make it work, as his free pass is now spent. So he will now be held fully accountable for whether we're going places or still mired in mediocrity.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #59: Aug 09, 2016 03:56:26 pm
      Look ,  I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but C'mon Lads & Ladettes, where is your belief, this directed to the negative posters amongst us,

Question, Do you believe in Jürgen Klopp?
      If so, then surely you also believe in what he is trying to do, Yes?

So if then you believe that then isn't it safe to say that what we have all witnessed since he came in is marked improvement to what we were during the death throes of TPM,
      After all, he's taken TPM players to two major cup finals within 7months of his tutelage,

He's brought in staff who will further improve the condition of the players and has added to the squad who HE believes will have us challenging for those CL spots and even a genuine charge for the title itself,
      We have to consider that this is just the start of the building process, as the seasons tick by he will add more quality, who he's added thus far are for this season and the challenge ahead,  it's by no means the last piece of the jigsaw, as jigsaws go, he's only doing the corners atm, he'll fill it in as he goes,

Remind yourselves what he said in his first presser,
      "We have turn from Doubters to Believers"

It seems some of you have yet to convert from mediocrity to Kloppism,

SO COME ON NEGGIES, REMOVE YOUR HEIDS FROM YOUR NEGATIVE ARSES AND GET WITH IT!!!!!!!

OH by the way I voted 1st , but in all honesty top 4 would be a success considering we were 8th last season,

Improvement indeed!

YNWA

Ah come on Billy , you can't have a rattle at people not believing and then hedge your bets with "in all honesty top 4 would be a success. "

I do understand though mate... I hedged my bets too :)

Still very difficult to be a true believer. We need a good start to the season to get everyone on board and then hopefully once we are up there we can stay there and enjoy the ride.

I think this is gonna be a season to remember, hopefully one to treasure too. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #60: Aug 09, 2016 04:16:44 pm
      Realistically, I don't see us having a squad better than 5th. I still reckon that despite their respective preseason forms, Arsenal, City, Spurs and United are all more likely than we are to get top 4. Of course, never in a million years would I have expected Leicester to win the league, so it's not really about the individual parts, it's about the unit.

More fascinating to me are those teams that are on the cusp of pushing for Europe. I'm keen to see how the likes of West Ham or Stoke get on this season.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #61: Aug 09, 2016 04:23:41 pm
      Judging who we've signed relative to other clubs, I'm not very confident of a good season. Most of the signings so far are either players we've never heard of, have no experience of how difficult this league is, or similar players to whom Rodgers and Kenny were signing, not quite the Gotzes and Lewandowskis we were promised Klopp would just have to click his fingers for them to show up. The mass clearout everyone forecast hasn't materialised either, and many of the flops are still there.

As always, December to February will make or break the season. Last year, we took just half the points on offer and it destroyed the season. For every win at City, there was a Watford wobble waiting in the wardrobe. In just two days last weekend, we've battered Barcelona and been mauled by Mainz, so it looks like the same signs of inconsistency are still there.

At least the fixture list after the first month is relatively favourable, but it was even better last year and we didn't make the most of it. We're going to have to this time, and Klopp is going to have to somehow make it work, as his free pass is now spent. So he will now be held fully accountable for whether we're going places or still mired in mediocrity.

Relative to other clubs? I think we did rather well, let's have a look at our competitors:

Manchester City

- IIkay Gundogan   Borussia Dortmund   Â£21.0m

Injured for the better part of two years. Back and knee problems, no one knows if he'll cut it in the PL. New to the league.

- Nolito    Celta Vigo   Â£13.8m

No one had ever heard of him prior to the Euros, nearly 30 years old, new to the league.

- Leroy Sane   Schalke   Â£37.0m

Exciting prospect, but still very young and new to the league.

- John Stones   Everton   Â£47.5m

Way to much money, was absolutely sh*te last season and is the only player with PL-experience they signed.

- Alexander Zinchenko    FC Ufa   Undisclosed

Another unknown before the Euros, young Ukranian player, new to the league.

Total spent: £119.3m on four players that have never played in the PL and half of them you probably never heard of.

Manchester United

- Eric Bailly     Villarreal   Â£30.0m

Young CB, unknown until we played Villareal in the EL last year. Do you really think he's better than the likes of Matip / Klavan? New to the league.

- Zlatan Ibrahimovic   Unassigned Player   Free

35 years old, earns a shitload of money, still to be seen how he does in the PL, also, new to the league.

- Henrikh Mkhitaryan    Borussia Dortmund   Undisclosed

One of the only players I actually would've wanted us to sign.

- Paul Pogba   Juventus   Â£89.0m

Not even going to comment on this one.

Total spent: £129m, not even counting Mkhitaryan's fee and all the wages Ibrahimovic is on. Neither of the transfers has any PL experience, all new to the league.

Chelsea

- Michy Batshuayi   Marseille   Â£33.2m
      Young, Belgian striker, fresh out of the French Ligue 1, new to the league.

- N'Golo Kante   Leicester City   Â£30.0m
      Remains to be seen wether he is not a one season wonder.

Total spent: £63.2m.

Arsenal

- Rob Holding   Bolton Wanderers   Undisclosed
      Never heard of the lad.

- Granit Xhaka   Borussia Monchengladbach   Â£34.0m
      New to the league, one I maybe wanted us to sign too.

- That Korean kid, no idea what his name is.

Spurs

- Vincent Janssen   AZ Alkmaar   Undisclosed
      New to the league.

- Victor Wanyama   Southampton   Undisclosed
      Hardly a world beater.

Kind of fed up with people referring to our competitors and how they are supposedly signing world class players when in reality, they are not. It's not because they spend huge amounts of money on players, that they are world class players. I'm happy with our transfer business. Klopp got the players he wanted and they all suit his style of play. Klavan did well in pre-season, Grujic looks a very exciting young prospect, Mané has arguably been our best player in pre-season. Jury still out on Matip, Karius and Wijnaldum.

With regards to the mass clearout, I refer to this thread:
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48625.0.html

A whopping 22 players have been either sold, released or have been loaned out. The only players that still have to leave, in my opinion, are: Balotelli, Benteke, Alberto and maybe Markovic. How big of a clearout did you expect? Doesn't really get any bigger than that in one transfer window.

I'm optimistic about the new season and I voted we get at least top 4. No distractions, we've had a full pre-season with Klopp and we've got a young, hungry squad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Aug 09, 2016 04:48:37 pm
      Relative to other clubs? I think we did rather well, let's have a look at our competitors:

Manchester City

- IIkay Gundogan   Borussia Dortmund   Â£21.0m

Injured for the better part of two years. Back and knee problems, no one knows if he'll cut it in the PL. New to the league.

- Nolito    Celta Vigo   Â£13.8m

No one had ever heard of him prior to the Euros, nearly 30 years old, new to the league.

- Leroy Sane   Schalke   Â£37.0m

Exciting prospect, but still very young and new to the league.

- John Stones   Everton   Â£47.5m

Way to much money, was absolutely sh*te last season and is the only player with PL-experience they signed.

- Alexander Zinchenko    FC Ufa   Undisclosed

Another unknown before the Euros, young Ukranian player, new to the league.

Total spent: £119.3m on four players that have never played in the PL and half of them you probably never heard of.

Manchester United

- Eric Bailly     Villarreal   Â£30.0m

Young CB, unknown until we played Villareal in the EL last year. Do you really think he's better than the likes of Matip / Klavan? New to the league.

- Zlatan Ibrahimovic   Unassigned Player   Free

35 years old, earns a shitload of money, still to be seen how he does in the PL, also, new to the league.

- Henrikh Mkhitaryan    Borussia Dortmund   Undisclosed

One of the only players I actually would've wanted us to sign.

- Paul Pogba   Juventus   Â£89.0m

Not even going to comment on this one.

Total spent: £129m, not even counting Mkhitaryan's fee and all the wages Ibrahimovic is on. Neither of the transfers has any PL experience, all new to the league.

Chelsea

- Michy Batshuayi   Marseille   Â£33.2m
      Young, Belgian striker, fresh out of the French Ligue 1, new to the league.

- N'Golo Kante   Leicester City   Â£30.0m
      Remains to be seen wether he is not a one season wonder.

Total spent: £63.2m.

Arsenal

- Rob Holding   Bolton Wanderers   Undisclosed
      Never heard of the lad.

- Granit Xhaka   Borussia Monchengladbach   Â£34.0m
      New to the league, one I maybe wanted us to sign too.

- That Korean kid, no idea what his name is.

Spurs

- Vincent Janssen   AZ Alkmaar   Undisclosed
      New to the league.

- Victor Wanyama   Southampton   Undisclosed
      Hardly a world beater.

Kind of fed up with people referring to our competitors and how they are supposedly signing world class players when in reality, they are not. It's not because they spend huge amounts of money on players, that they are world class players. I'm happy with our transfer business. Klopp got the players he wanted and they all suit his style of play. Klavan did well in pre-season, Grujic looks a very exciting young prospect, Mané has arguably been our best player in pre-season. Jury still out on Matip, Karius and Wijnaldum.

With regards to the mass clearout, I refer to this thread:
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48625.0.html

A whopping 22 players have been either sold, released or have been loaned out. The only players that still have to leave, in my opinion, are: Balotelli, Benteke, Alberto and maybe Markovic. How big of a clearout did you expect? Doesn't really get any bigger than that in one transfer window.

I'm optimistic about the new season and I voted we get at least top 4. No distractions, we've had a full pre-season with Klopp and we've got a young, hungry squad.

Talk about a bias review. All of our signings are great but everybody else's are average :lmao:

Also, when you say "nobody had ever heard of him" about a player, maybe just say "I had never heard of him" because Nolito is definitely somebody that people who watch La Liga or follow the league in other ways knew about.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #63: Aug 09, 2016 05:04:53 pm
      Talk about a bias review. All of our signings are great but everybody else's are average :lmao:

Also, when you say "nobody had ever heard of him" about a player, maybe just say "I had never heard of him" because Nolito is definitely somebody that people who watch La Liga or follow the league in other ways knew about.

I had heard and watched all of them except for Zinchenko, Holding and the Korean kid and I admitted which ones I would've liked us to sign and which ones I think are exciting prospects. There are 5 players on that list that I listed as 'unknown': Bailly, Zinchenko, Nolito, Holding and the Korean kid. How many people on here do you think have watched more than 5 games in which they played?

How is that biased? I might have exaggerated a bit, but that was just to get a certain point across. Of course Gundogan was a great player, but he has had a lot of serious injuries. Of course Kante was amazing last season, which I admitted, but he still has to prove he can do it again. Both Stones and Pogba are massively overrated and their prices inflated in my opinion, all of which I said. The main thing I was pointing out was that players that are mostly unknown or new to the league are signed by all of our competitors, not just by us, they just spend way more money on them and by the looks of it, most of the transfers are all new to the league.

Of all the players they signed, how many of them do you think would really be an improvement for us? I named three: Sané, Mkhitaryan and Xhaka. Would love to have them at Liverpool, I'm not interested in the rest of them.

And as far as our players go, I said which ones were good in pre-season and the ones that I have no opinion about / jury is still out.. Hardly saying that all of our signings are great. Just said that Klopp got the players he wanted, that all of them suit his style of play and that I'm happy with our transfer business. Where did I say all our signings are great and all their's are average?
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2016 05:21:02 pm by Danzel »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #64: Aug 09, 2016 05:24:53 pm
      Top four I'd say... I believe in teamwork. Teamwork will help us achieve a result that is greater than the sum of our parts. Whoever is of the view that we have no "marquee" signings, seriously I can't be bothered. This is a team sport and we can outplay anybody with teamwork.

Question is whether each of us believe it or not... I do but what about you?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,234 posts | 2813 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #65: Aug 09, 2016 05:54:30 pm
      We all want first but saying first just because its our team is crap if you don't believe it. If you genuinely believe it ok but if you think top 4 or lower but vote first just to show your a. Superfan then that's gutless.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #66: Aug 09, 2016 06:02:36 pm
      We all want first but saying first just because its our team is crap if you don't believe it. If you genuinely believe it ok but if you think top 4 or lower but vote first just to show your a. Superfan then that's gutless.

That's right. What's the point of voting then? That's as good as gaming the system and rigging the results if all of us behave that way. Then we'll never get an accurate poll that reflects the true sentiment on here. In fact we're letting those who voted according to their belief down because we will be undoing in the overall results what they sincerely believe in.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #67: Aug 09, 2016 06:42:23 pm
      Interesting disclosure .

The same agent ...  that whisky nose hated .... acted for the three big Manc signings.

Maureen on a greasy backhander ?

(The other one Eric Bailly was born in a place called Bingerville .  ;D )
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #68: Aug 09, 2016 06:43:11 pm
      It's a strange forum we chat football on. people ask you a question then when you give an honest answer they berate you for not being positive enough, before giving their opinion which is barely different to your own.

Last season we were 8th, although I'm fairly sure we would have been higher had we not conceded the league to concentrate on the cups. My guess is we'd have finished sixth last season if we hadn't dropped our hands inside the final furlong, so I'm going to base my assumptions on that as a starting point.

Now the positives. We don't have Europe to worry us, although neither do Chelsea and nor will Man Utd once Mourinho has shown no interest in the Europa League. We have bought some very good players, and we already had some who were excellent as well. We have a World Class manager, who by now will be acutely aware that in the Premiership it is perfectly possible to get spanked by the likes of Watford and the like if you get things wrong.

The negatives. I think that Jürgen believes he can turn Moreno into a good player, and I think he is wrong. That doesn't mean I think I know more about football than Jürgen, it just means I have less faith in Moreno than he does. We'll see who's right on that one. Equally, I think that even with the players we've signed we look to me like a team who will predominantly play the same in every game but for a couple of tactical tweeks. We look like we'll lack the ability to sit in and control games as we haven't got a "put your foot on it" merchant in midfield, and we look like we'll lack the ability to bomb teams who decide to sit in against us. It's my hunch that although signing Mane looks like it has the potential to have been a good move, it will make teams sit in more than they did previously, not less. Equally, although my guess is that we'll have improved, my feeling is that the other teams (who lets be honest were already ahead of us) have improved by at least as much, and probably a good bit more.

Given all of that I hope we win the league, obviously. Put a gun to my head though and ask me for an honest assessment of where we'll finish, and I'll say 6th. Sorry if it upsets anyone but there it is.     

Quick Reply