Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Former England defender Jonathan Woodgate joins Liverpool as scout

Read 5102 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Former England defender Jonathan Woodgate joins Liverpool as scout
      Reply #23: Aug 12, 2016 01:00:54 pm
      He had a poor debut for one club and at that club, even with injury set backs. one Spanish newspaper went on to describe him as having "become Madrid's true leader". He was far from an average player though, injury robbed him of a lot and he was always an intelligent footballer who had a few early off field issues. I believe Daniel Ayala, a former red, said the guy helped him out a lot and incidentally Ayala was arguably the best centre back in the Championship last season.

As a scout, well we'll find out won't we. It's a new career for him, but he speaks Spanish, has a good footballing brain and has shown through his career the ability to teach, be taught and pass on his knowledge. Wouldn't put it past him becoming a good scout, the only thing troublesome on this page is the irrational anger.

Excellent post mate, those chumps above should read this post, irrational anger or not judging someone because of his errant playing career is below childish,

Let's give the bloke a chance, I'd rather have a ex-pro player as a scout before some bloke watching YouTube videos and number crunching statistics,

Some of the comments on him are quite frankly pathetic.

YNWA
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #24: Aug 13, 2016 10:37:09 am
      Hire an average player to find us good players in a league that said average player embarrassed himself in when playing. Good work Liverpool!

Next you'll be telling me Robbie Savage is working as a pundit...

I can see you never watched him at Leeds then. Injury prone? Yes. Average? No. You don't get signed by Real Madrid by being "an average player" get off the internet lad and come back when you've got a clue. 

Now whether or not he'll make a good scout only time will tell.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Aug 14, 2016 10:35:49 am
      He's a guest on Goals on Sunday SS1 now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: Aug 14, 2016 10:37:42 am
      Not confirmed then.

Asked on it he said he can't say much on it now as it's up in the air and he wants to make sure his next step is the right step.

Quick Reply