Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Time for reds around the World to unite-Lets back the lads 100%.

Read 2876 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Time for reds around the World to unite-Lets back the lads 100%.
      Aug 14, 2016 01:50:50 pm
      There's been much talk (mostly from me) about lack of spend, who we should've signed, who we haven't signed, the owners and their sheisterish nature, players we've kept who we should've sold, players we've sold who we should've kept, whether par is 6th, 1st or somewhere in between etc etc. But here we are on the cusp of another LFC adventure, and I hope from 4pm onwards everyone on the forum and everyone who has a place for LFC in their hearts and backs the team and manager without any agenda.

I don't think Alberto Moreno is good enough and I think the boss was wrong not to replace him, but so what? I hope he scores one of them goals he scored against Spurs, hope he rips it up and stuffs all the weasel words of us doubters down our throats. he might be a brainless left back, but he's our brainless left back and I'm 100% behind the lad, not waiting for him to make an error.

I think Mignolet in the past has been an unfunny clown, but today he's our unfunny clown and I hope he has one of those days he has from time to time and saves everything. I hope that by the time Karius away cativity's hand has healed we're all saying actually that Migs is pretty good, that Jürgen did the right thing by extending his contract.

I hope Klavan continues to prove you actually don't have to spend fortunes to get a top player, and I hope Lovren contiunues to recover from the shameful hounding he's no doubt been having for the last 18 months by the c***'s.

Henderson isn't everyones cup of tea (mine included) but on a good day he's good, I hope he starts to have lots of them starting today. Ditto Lallana, I hope he vindicates the original purchase price as well as Jurgens man love for him. I hope the bigger priced new signings show their worth, and that Wijnaldum begins to show what a great player I think he actually is.

Bobby Firmino seems to have run off his beer and kebab belly and I read somewhere that he's been involved in more goals in 2016 than anyone else in the Premiership, or something. I hope he shows this year what a talent he undoubtedly is, while Phil Coutinho hopefully does enough to have us all drooling over him again.

I don't like FSG and I don't like the way they do things, but I hope that by the end of the season I'm saying "well f*** me whatever it was it worked, I'm 100% wrong".

It starts today and there's never a better day to go the Emirates than day one of the season. We can beat these and beat them well, we go again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Time for reds around the World to unite-Lets back the lads 100%.
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2016 01:55:58 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not.  A.  Prayer.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2016 02:45:00 pm
      I'm willing to give it a go Mick, seems a bit of a strange idea supporting the players but I'll try.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #3: Aug 14, 2016 03:31:57 pm
      It'll never catch on.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4: Aug 14, 2016 03:39:04 pm
      F**k that. I'm waiting for Clyne to F**k up so I can give it the big'uns and score Moreno points.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2016 07:15:01 pm
      There's been much talk (mostly from me) about lack of spend, who we should've signed, who we haven't signed, the owners and their sheisterish nature, players we've kept who we should've sold, players we've sold who we should've kept, whether par is 6th, 1st or somewhere in between etc etc. But here we are on the cusp of another LFC adventure, and I hope from 4pm onwards everyone on the forum and everyone who has a place for LFC in their hearts and backs the team and manager without any agenda.

I don't think Alberto Moreno is good enough and I think the boss was wrong not to replace him, but so what? I hope he scores one of them goals he scored against Spurs, hope he rips it up and stuffs all the weasel words of us doubters down our throats. he might be a brainless left back, but he's our brainless left back and I'm 100% behind the lad, not waiting for him to make an error.

I think Mignolet in the past has been an unfunny clown, but today he's our unfunny clown and I hope he has one of those days he has from time to time and saves everything. I hope that by the time Karius away cativity's hand has healed we're all saying actually that Migs is pretty good, that Jürgen did the right thing by extending his contract.

I hope Klavan continues to prove you actually don't have to spend fortunes to get a top player, and I hope Lovren contiunues to recover from the shameful hounding he's no doubt been having for the last 18 months by the c***'s.

Henderson isn't everyones cup of tea (mine included) but on a good day he's good, I hope he starts to have lots of them starting today. Ditto Lallana, I hope he vindicates the original purchase price as well as Jurgens man love for him. I hope the bigger priced new signings show their worth, and that Wijnaldum begins to show what a great player I think he actually is.

Bobby Firmino seems to have run off his beer and kebab belly and I read somewhere that he's been involved in more goals in 2016 than anyone else in the Premiership, or something. I hope he shows this year what a talent he undoubtedly is, while Phil Coutinho hopefully does enough to have us all drooling over him again.

I don't like FSG and I don't like the way they do things, but I hope that by the end of the season I'm saying "well f*** me whatever it was it worked, I'm 100% wrong".

It starts today and there's never a better day to go the Emirates than day one of the season. We can beat these and beat them well, we go again.

So this is a take the piss thread, F**k this I'm out.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2016 07:22:07 pm
      I misread the topic title, thought it read "Reds unite to buy a left back" 😂😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #7: Aug 14, 2016 07:22:43 pm
      LOUD NOISES!!

Feel a bit like Brick here as haven't a clue what the fuss is about?

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Aug 14, 2016 10:13:05 pm
      LOUD NOISES!!

Feel a bit like Brick here as haven't a clue what the fuss is about?

Good old Brick. Wonder if he plays LB - if the winger got by him he could kill the guy with a trident :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9: Aug 14, 2016 10:16:12 pm
      F**k that. I'm waiting for Clyne to f**k up so I can give it the big'uns and score Moreno points.

Well that went well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #10: Aug 14, 2016 11:53:07 pm
      Good old Brick. Wonder if he plays LB - if the winger got by him he could kill the guy with a trident :)

;D! "He said 'hiney.'"
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #11: Aug 15, 2016 12:01:55 am
      I'd still buy any of you a pint (just one 'ya drunk bas**rds) if we met up....even those of you that think Moreno is boss ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #12: Aug 15, 2016 12:13:06 am
      I'd still buy any of you a pint (just one 'ya drunk bas**rds) if we met up....even those of you that think Moreno is boss ;D

They're in white coats wrapped around their back so your cash is safe.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13: Aug 15, 2016 01:33:53 am
      That's all well and good so long as people realise the difference between criticism and lack of support. Too few do.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14: Aug 15, 2016 06:19:02 am
      everyone who has a place for LFC in their hearts and backs the team and manager without any agenda.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was ecstatic from the win, but this has given me a second wind.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Aug 15, 2016 08:23:12 am
      I've been chilled all summer, I intend to stay the same throughout the season, I have the utmost confidence in Klopp and his way of operating, he's transferred his methods from Mainz to Dortmund and he'll do the same here, i'm just enjoying the ride, we've got a manager who gets it, no sound bites, no cliché's, just an honest man who kicks every ball, battles for every header on the touchline, were lucky to have him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2016 08:26:32 am
      I've been chilled all summer, I intend to stay the same throughout the season

Even with Moreno at left back? Think I lasted 3 minutes.

Habit of a lifetime
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Aug 15, 2016 02:07:56 pm
      Even with Moreno at left back? Think I lasted 3 minutes.

Habit of a lifetime

Even though we were gash first half made worse by Moreno's brain farts, I was still chilled, last ten minutes i had a squeeky bum.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18: Aug 15, 2016 04:49:27 pm
      Its a novel idea.

Much depends who deigns to provide us with their presence .
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #19: Aug 15, 2016 04:54:55 pm
      I'm surprised people think the thread is a p!sstake. I was simply making the point that now the football has started, it's time to put disagreements about the owners, who we should've bought etc behind us all and concentrate on supporting the team. Equally it's time to put prejudice about players behind us and watch each one like you've never ever seen them play previously.

I did that yesterday but unfortunately my overriding question at the end was who the f*** was the bloke playing left back  :lmao:. Seriously though, even Alberto did better in the second half, and were it not for a late rally we absolutely smashed them up, they are flattered by 4-3. Had they not scored through a deflection straight away after our fourth, we'd have got 6 or 7 and there'd have been a riot at the Emirates. Happy days.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: Aug 15, 2016 08:25:29 pm
      What do you mean Hendo's not your cup of tea Mick !   Damning with faint praise is 65% max...

I'm behind them 100%, absolutely ... until things start going wrong ...  :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Aug 16, 2016 07:39:56 pm
      Much depends who deigns to provide us with their presence .

Who is the Eggman ?

(Not the Walrus)

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #22: Aug 16, 2016 07:41:56 pm
      I trust Klopp. I'll back every decision he makes.

Quick Reply