Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Fernando blames hierarchy??

Read 5854 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Re: Fernando blames hierarchy??
      Reply #23: Aug 17, 2016 06:49:01 pm
      The fans are the club. despite what any of the custodians think.

I have the same view about Torres that I do about Suarez, who behaved like an absolute c**t, but still gets cut slack on here.
      I feel the same about Sterling who was nowhere near as badly behaved as Suarez, but gets dogs abuse on here.

My attitude is, they're gone and I couldn't give a F**k about players on other teams, which is all they are to me now.
      Running round saying you don't give a fck makes your opinion no more valid than anyone else's , none of us knows what is is said or what goes on behind closed doors , it's a forum we,re all welcome to our own opinions  and that's all they are .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24: Aug 17, 2016 06:52:05 pm
      Running round saying you don't give a fck makes your opinion no more valid than anyone else's , none of us knows what is is said or what goes on behind closed doors , it's a forum we,re all welcome to our own opinions  and that's all they are .

Kindly point out where I said my opinion was more valid than anyone else's.

Or apologise for the lie.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #25: Aug 17, 2016 07:00:41 pm
      Kindly point out where I said my opinion was more valid than anyone else's.

Or apologise for the lie.
      I didn't say you said it did I , just pointed out no ones is more valid than another's  take a chill for someone who don't give a fck you come over very angry ,
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26: Aug 17, 2016 07:09:24 pm
      I didn't say you said it did I , just pointed out no ones is more valid than another's  take a chill for someone who don't give a fck you come over very angry ,

Running round saying you don't give a fck makes your opinion no more valid than anyone else's

I think the inference is clear.

Another one for the ignore button.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #27: Aug 17, 2016 07:22:20 pm

I think the inference is clear.

Another one for the ignore button.

Do us both a favour that, save me the time of pressing it have a good day .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Aug 17, 2016 07:24:44 pm
      I very much doubt I'll be buying this book if this is the biggest headline to come out of it. Clearly Torres thinks we're all idiots if he's trying to spin it in another way.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #29: Aug 17, 2016 07:26:24 pm
      S**t just got real, someone's breaking out the ignore button on a brother.  :o
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #30: Aug 17, 2016 08:21:53 pm
      While I fully believe there is a lot more to his departure and it's build up, how Torres went about it and where he went will always be a sore point for me. Loved the man to buts when he was here, never let myself get as attached to player after him, even Luis.

Not really arsed what he's up to anymore, don't wish him any ill thoughts, nor do I long for him back. He's just another generic modern day footballer to me now. G'luck Fernando.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31: Aug 17, 2016 09:15:02 pm
      I very much doubt I'll be buying this book if this is the biggest headline to come out of it. Clearly Torres thinks we're all idiots if he's trying to spin it in another way.

....and all for the filthy lucre.
      His first (and only) attempt to put the record straight, not for the majority of supporters who were gutted when he upped and left , but for the sake of his bank balance.

It would appear Torres is as mercenary as many suspected.
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2016 10:56:09 am by stuey »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #32: Aug 17, 2016 09:50:26 pm
      I wouldn't mind betting that his first pressie for the chavs, was prepared by Maureen !
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Aug 18, 2016 08:30:03 am
      His first (and only) attempt to put the record straight, not for the majority of supporters who were gutted when he upped and left for the sake of his bank balance.

I can only agree with you stuey,he lost all KOP crowd kudos the day he signed for Chelsea .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #34: Aug 18, 2016 09:50:33 am
      He wanted to win things. The club at the time was imploding. What else could he have done?

Exactly Kenny and when you take time to read what he said; the fact was Torres only raised the issue, of being unhappy and possibly wanting away, after  "Liverpool" had already opened secret talks with Chelsea.

It's all there mate and it's definitely well enough documented down the years - FSG's 'masterplan'... everyone from Torres, Suarez, Steven and Brendan Rodgers have all alluded to it - and no matter how some have been portrayed, they can't all be lying. The truth is none  of them are.... transition , year after year, have been down to policy - not Fernando Torres, not Luis Suarez and not Brendan Rodgers.

That said: Torres, like every player, (including those we have in the team now btw) will be drawn by either the potential for 'glory' [just like Jürgen said but everyone already knows] or 'money'. Money will attract them; titles will keep them. Chelsea offered Torres both as did Barcelona, with Masch & Suarez.

Remember... if he had really wanted to; John W could have asked "What are they smoking over at Stamford Bridge?" but he didn't because he needed the big bucks to fund the (non-football based) Policy and no other club could have afforded the £50m - that's why secret talks were opened. The club needed a 'baddy' at the time - sadly a waning Fernando Torres ticked that box amongst fans with ease.

The truth is; all  of our "big names", who moved on during our 'American' period, have struck it rich... count 'em medals and trophies... in under ten years we have become a stepping stone club. Nothing more, nothing less.

Six years, four managers, fifty new players, zero additional personal investment, six hundred million increase on investment but only one trophy: "winners"?...

... yeah Fernando Torres is the traitor   :lmao:

The thing is; people can bury their heads and pretend they are oblivious to the truth all they want but if Jürgen can't bail them [FSG's investors] out with a title - there'll be a few more players (and maybe even managers) painted as 'baddies' before this is all over.

The penny, sometimes, has a long way to drop but it always gets there. This sh*t makes me angry; for that reason alone - I'm out of here. Good luck troops.   >:D

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2016 10:03:30 am by bad boy bubby »
      +15
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Aug 18, 2016 09:59:59 am
      Exactly Kenny and when you take time to read what he said; the fact was Torres only raised the issue, of being unhappy and possibly wanting away, after  "Liverpool" had already opened secret talks with Chelsea.

It's all there mate and it's definitely well enough documented down the years - FSG's 'masterplan'... everyone from Torres, Suarez, Steven and Brendan Rodgers have all alluded to it - and no matter how some have been portrayed, they can't all be lying. The truth is none  of them are.... periods of transition , year after year, have been down to policy - not Fernando Torres, not Luis Suarez and not Brendan Rodgers.

That said: Torres, like every player, (including those we have in the team now btw) will be drawn by either the potential for 'glory' [just like Jürgen said but everyone already knows] or 'money'. Money will attract them; titles will keep them. Chelsea offered Torres both as did Barcelona, with Masch & Suarez.

Remember... if he had really wanted to; John W could have asked "What are they smoking over at Stamford Bridge?" but he didn't because he needed the big bucks to fund the (non-football based) Policy and no other club could have afforded the £50m - that's why secret talks were opened. The club needed a 'baddy' at the time - sadly a waning Fernando Torres ticked that box amongst fans with ease.

The truth is; all  of our "big names", who moved on during our 'American' period, have struck it rich... count 'em medals and trophies... in under ten years we have become a stepping stone club. Nothing more, nothing less.

Six years, four managers, fifty new players, zero additional personal investment, six hundred million increase on investment but only one trophy: "winners"?...

The thing is; people can bury their heads and pretend they are oblivious to the truth all they want but if Jürgen can't bail them [our investors] out with a title - there'll be a few more players (and maybe even managers) painted as 'baddies' before this is all over.

The penny, sometimes, has a long way to drop but it always gets there. This sh*t makes me angry; for that reason alone - I'm out of here. Good luck troops.  ;)

Crackin Post    + 1

Did the secret talks with Chelsea make him feel betrayed ...... is that what did his confidence and head in?

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Aug 18, 2016 10:40:55 am
      It was more of a rhetorical question mate, but thanks anyway ;)
      He is back playing with his boyhood team, the team he first gained his rep' I can't see what reason he would have to lie, it is not alike he has to face our supporters this or any foreseeable season, and look at what other ex-players were also saying around the same time...

Sorry mate this was not aimed at you, was merely reading your post at the time and pressed "Quote select" instead of "Reply"
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Aug 18, 2016 11:54:48 am
      He is back playing with his boyhood team, the team he first gained his rep' I can't see what reason he would have to lie, it is not alike he has to face our supporters this or any foreseeable season, and look at what other ex-players were also saying around the same time...

Sorry mate this was not aimed at you, was merely reading your post at the time and pressed "Quote select" instead of "Reply"

Personally, I'm not bothered if he lied or not, but the fact is, he said some pretty shitty things after he got his transfer.

Regardless of whether he felt "let down" or not, he really should have steered away from subjects like "I'm at a big club now".
      That was never going to go down well with the fans, and he must have known that.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38: Aug 18, 2016 12:42:11 pm
      Personally, I'm not bothered if he lied or not, but the fact is, he said some pretty shitty things after he got his transfer.

Regardless of whether he felt "let down" or not, he really should have steered away from subjects like "I'm at a big club now".
      That was never going to go down well with the fans, and he must have known that.

People say some shitty stuff  when they are bitter ,  after they find their bird has been shagging some one else ...  scuse the parlance.
      If he did feel betrayed and was saying "what the f**k was this YNWA tattoo was about then " he was bound to lash out.

Our mistake is that we shouldn't have sold him to a PL rival.

We wouldn't have sold him to the Scum.

(Although Hodgson was always sleeping with the enemy in Fergie's Directors Box)

The other joke was on us.

Except for Luis ...we wasted the Torres money .
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2016 08:54:46 am by MIRO »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #39: Aug 18, 2016 01:32:43 pm
      The truth is none  of them are.... transition , year after year, have been down to policy - not Fernando Torres, not Luis Suarez and not Brendan Rodgers.

The penny, sometimes, has a long way to drop but it always gets there. This sh*t makes me angry; for that reason alone - I'm out of here. Good luck troops.   >:D

A nail in the head. +1.

In all honesty, with my little crystal ball that only me myself believes in, i can see it happening over and over again it's not gonna stop until we have a real investors that pump in its own money to get us back to our glory days. I only pity Klopp, he is expected to do what others failed.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #40: Aug 18, 2016 01:53:38 pm

He's not trying to spin it though, didn't he promise to come out with this when he left. I personally think FSG are the spinners, happy to paint Torres as a traitor and all that bollocks and what sold it hook, line and sinker for FSG was Torres going to Chelsea saying that pr bullshit about joining a bigger club.

Let's make no mistake I'm sure FSG were F***ing well happy getting £50 million for Torres.

His first (and only) attempt to put the record straight, not for the majority of supporters who were gutted when he upped and left , but for the sake of his bank balance.

He's not getting any money for this story, the book is not actually about Torres, but Liverpool!!

It's all there mate and it's definitely well enough documented down the years - FSG's 'masterplan'... everyone from Torres, Suarez, Steven and Brendan Rodgers have all alluded to it - and no matter how some have been portrayed, they can't all be lying. The truth is none  of them are.... transition , year after year, have been down to policy - not Fernando Torres, not Luis Suarez and not Brendan Rodgers.

The thing is; people can bury their heads and pretend they are oblivious to the truth all they want but if Jürgen can't bail them [FSG's investors] out with a title - there'll be a few more players (and maybe even managers) painted as 'baddies' before this is all over.

F***ing good point that!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #41: Aug 18, 2016 01:55:11 pm

Ever thought he was hurt by the club's actions, hence that statement. To me now thinking back that was more a dig at the club than anything.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42: Aug 18, 2016 03:58:48 pm
      Ever thought he was hurt by the club's actions, hence that statement. To me now thinking back that was more a dig at the club than anything.

True, but as I posted before, the fans are the club and he knew that.

All water under the bridge now, except he wants to use this episode to sell a few more books.
      I won't be buying it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #43: Aug 18, 2016 04:45:07 pm
      "Here we are five years later and they are still trying to build – around the same position in the league as when I left."

Don't care what your position is on Torres, but he's accurate as F**k here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #44: Aug 18, 2016 06:32:49 pm
      True, but as I posted before, the fans are the club and he knew that.

All water under the bridge now, except he wants to use this episode to sell a few more books.
      I won't be buying it.

Buying what, it's not a book about him!!

It's a collection of stories about Liverpool players in 21st Century LFC, think the author is Simon Hughes.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45: Aug 18, 2016 06:35:09 pm
      Buying what, it's not a book about him!!

It's a collection of stories about Liverpool players in 21st Century LFC, think the author is Simon Hughes.

Fair enough.
      Still won't be buying it.

Quick Reply