Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Scapegoat of the season

Read 4163 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Scapegoat of the season
      Aug 20, 2016 07:03:20 pm
      After a mixed start to the season it is possible we may need someone to blame our failures on. Here are my favourites to win the prestigious scapegoat of the season award.

Moreno :- had a great start to the season against Arsenal but will be disappointed that he didn't start today as he would have had a great chance to extend his lead by claiming fault for both Burnley's goals if he had just been on the pitch.

Mignolet :- took full advantage of Moreno's absence by again failing to save any shots that were on target, this after slipping up badly against Arsenal when he saved a penalty.

Clyne :- Rank outsider but showed improvement when gifting Burnley the ball for their first goal. Needs to concentrate and do this more often if he is going to threaten Moreno's chances.

Henderson :- Perennial favourite for the title but injuries have held him back, not sure that doing nothing is enough to win him the title this year.

Lallana :- Always a contender, but scoring a goal is not the way to the title, did manage to give the ball away that led to Arsenal's first goal but more is expected from a player that can turn into trouble with the best.

Klopp :- rank outsider at the moment , but a few more performances like today and he could join the leaders... picking Henderson as Captain may prove inspired if results continue to go his way. May not get enough defeats to really put him in contention but one to watch. 
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2016 02:35:33 pm by MsGerrard »
      +20
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: scapegoat of the season
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2016 07:51:03 pm
      Haha, all of them are on my hitlist at the moment, those along with the current centre back pairing of Klavan and Lovren.

Firmino also vying for a spot, along with Fenway and the infamous TC although it appears they are somewhat hiding in the shadows this time out.

unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #2: Aug 20, 2016 07:57:50 pm
      Trying to think of a good name for this award. I was thinking of 'The Djimi Traore Award' but then he fu**ed up and was part of a CL winning squad. Any other thoughts?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Aug 20, 2016 08:29:58 pm
      I'd say Hendo must be pushing close to the top, the continuing club captain (just saying that will raise some hairs) seems to be a sponge for criticism. Though maybe one of the new lads could be a dark horse, Wijnaldum at 25mill might be a candidate, and we haven't seen Karius or Matip yet.  Like. woe betide Karius if he's worse than Simon :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,005 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Aug 20, 2016 09:05:58 pm
      No FSG?

If it all goes tits up, I'd expect them to narrowly edge out Jürgen.

( Moreno is a given to do well I think, but his points will pass on to Jürgen for picking him)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5: Aug 21, 2016 04:54:43 pm
      After a mixed start to the season it is possible we may need someone to blame our failures on. Here are my favourites to win the prestigious scapegoat of the season award.

Moreno :- had a great start to the season against Arsenal but will be disappointed that he didn't start today as he would have had a great chance to extend his lead by claiming fault for both Burnley's goals if he had just been on the pitch.

Mignolet :- took full advantage of Moreno's absence by again failing to save any shots that were on target, this after slipping up badly against Arsenal when he saved a penalty.

Clyne :- Rank outsider but showed improvement when gifting Burnley the ball for their first goal. Needs to concentrate and do this more often if he is going to threaten Moreno's chances.

Henderson :- Perennial favourite for the title but injuries have held him back, not sure that doing nothing is enough to win him the title this year.

Lallana :- Always a contender, but scoring a goal is not the way to the title, did manage to give the ball away that led to Arsenal's first goal but more is expected from a player that can turn into trouble with the best.

Klopp :- rank outsider at the moment , but a few more performances like today and he could join the leaders... picking Henderson as Captain may prove inspired if results continue to go his way. May not get enough defeats to really put him in contention but one to watch. 

:lmao: This is fantastic.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2016 05:04:19 pm
      Finally we've found a role for Balotelli at the club!  :laugh:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2016 06:40:10 pm
      Migs.
      Hendo.
      Gini.
      Moreno.
      Lovren.
      Sturridge.

Those are the top contenders IMO.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #8: Aug 22, 2016 11:39:06 am
       :D

Classic S@int.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Aug 22, 2016 12:12:49 pm
      No FSG?

If it all goes tits up, I'd expect them to narrowly edge out Jürgen.

( Moreno is a given to do well I think, but his points will pass on to Jürgen for picking him)

FSG for me. 1959-2009 7 managers 2010-2016 6 managers guess which was our most successful period. See I just put FSG into the category of much smarter versions of twit and tw*t who got themselves caught up in the banking crisis. So now we will be told Jürgen needs time until such times they think they need a bit more time themselves and they will sack him so they can say again the new manager needs time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #10: Aug 22, 2016 12:57:49 pm

You forgot our wool support as well - when the season goes to sh*t and the quietness descends on Anfield we'll definitely need someone to blame. Wools from lancashire shitholes such as Leigh will definitely be getting it in the neck* :laugh:

*JOKE
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 22, 2016 01:04:52 pm
      ahah This is genius! Brilliant refreshing topic :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Scapegoat of the season
      Reply #12: Aug 22, 2016 03:11:10 pm
      Wools from lancashire shitholes such as Leigh will definitely be getting it in the neck

Obviously a while since you visited Leigh mate... it's much worse than that now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,256 posts | 6364 
      Reply #13: Aug 22, 2016 05:46:13 pm
      Great thread. May just head off the sports suicide I was ready to commit.

I'm putting in a nomination for the Anfield construction crew....had they finished up sooner maybe we could have played Burnley at home and Wiljaldum (however the hell you spell it) would have taken  over the game :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #14: Aug 22, 2016 10:09:05 pm
      Obviously a while since you visited Leigh mate... it's much worse than that now.

Been a good few years like hahaha!

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1520 
      Reply #15: Aug 22, 2016 11:26:38 pm

This is getting better every post. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1520 
      Reply #16: Aug 22, 2016 11:29:06 pm
      Can we bring in the tea lady. She put an extra spoon of sugar in Hendo's tea, and the sugar rush had him running round at 100 mph aimlessly.  ;D
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #17: Aug 22, 2016 11:48:34 pm
      Can we bring in the tea lady. She put an extra spoon of sugar in Hendo's tea, and the sugar rush had him running round at 100 mph aimlessly.  ;D

No, surely that was Moreno.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #18: Aug 22, 2016 11:49:56 pm
      He's f**king clueless with a teaspoon in his hand.  No idea.  Total brainfart when it comes to refined natural sweeteners.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #19: Aug 22, 2016 11:51:12 pm
      He's quick though. Hendo never saw it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,256 posts | 6364 
      Reply #20: Aug 22, 2016 11:55:21 pm
      Throwing in a vote for Sakho, obviously persona non grata now. Must all be his fault.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #21: Aug 23, 2016 12:15:20 am
      If I can get 15/1 on Mr. Nathaniel Clyne, I'd like to take that please.

I can hear them now:
      Our defense is consistently giving up 2+ goals and the only burden of consistency in our backline is Clyne, his consistency is consistently simply constantly not good enough for us. Ship him off to one of those consistent mid-table sides where he belongs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #22: Aug 23, 2016 09:58:46 am
      Mignolet won't be in the team much longer and Henderson can't be far away from some time off with a sore foot so this is a real conundrum!

I'm planning on blaming the coach who looks like Klopp - must confuse the players when they don't know which one to listen to from the bench.

Quick Reply