Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.8%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (2.7%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      96 (85.7%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      5 (4.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2016 09:41:15 pm

Burton Albion 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21029 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Burton Albion 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #276: Aug 24, 2016 12:04:31 am
      Was much much better and encouraging to see the lads so involved in this game, plus adapting immediately from the problems at Burnley. Was especially pleasing to see some decent crosses coming into the box and also to see Henderson make a positive contribution.
      Having said all this Burton were fairly sh*t or did we just make them look shut tonight?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Burton Albion 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #277: Aug 24, 2016 12:40:28 am
      Let's just reflect and revel in the warm glory that is Pulis's team being knocked out by Northampton Town...on penalties.

Charlatan, hack manager gets knocked out by Northampton in the league cup...now where have we heard that one before?

West Brom fans who think he's a c*nt (and there are many out there) will have only increased after tonight!
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Re: Burton Albion 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #278: Aug 24, 2016 02:01:46 am
      Was delighted with the performance thought Hendo played we'll. Boy is the man getting some stick on here. Let's get behind our captain. I'm sure he has it in him to lead this team
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #279: Aug 24, 2016 03:04:25 am
      So I am hearing Can and Origi both went off with injuries ? did they look bad ? Why couldn't it be Henderson and Moreno ! :( dampening good win.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #280: Aug 24, 2016 05:15:13 am
      if milner plays against spurs we're screwed
      rossyred

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #281: Aug 24, 2016 06:44:57 am
      Mane looking a serious buy. Big plus for me was Sturridge yes first was a tap in but to anticipate the cross is what we need from a forward and the second I doubt anyone would have scored instant control and snapshot you have that or you dont. When fit a must for No 9 but he has to be in the box not dropping deep or pushed at wide. Would love to see Couts as the 10 , Mane on right and a fight for who goes on left. Matip although hard to tell looks like he is a Rolls Royce be interesting to see him against a big physical CF
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,166 posts | 514 
      Reply #282: Aug 24, 2016 07:32:29 am
      So I am hearing Can and Origi both went off with injuries ? did they look bad ? Why couldn't it be Henderson and Moreno ! :( dampening good win.

What a constructive post, wishing players to be injured.  :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #283: Aug 24, 2016 07:38:53 am
      A relaxing evening watching the redmen, don't get to say that very often these days.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #284: Aug 24, 2016 08:11:44 am
      Was delighted with the performance thought Hendo played we'll. Boy is the man getting some stick on here. Let's get behind our captain. I'm sure he has it in him to lead this team

Sorry dude but he was the poorest LFC player out there last night, I can recall one nice cross whipped in from the right but beyond that he made lots of square & backward passes and had very little impact on the game. I used to be a bit of closet Hernderson fan but nowadays I find myself perpetually scratching my head that the skipper of the club is also one of the weakest links in the team.

I thought he ran Mane close for the motm last night, I'm perfectly happy to see him start at Spurs myself.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #285: Aug 24, 2016 08:45:25 am
      For once we've gone and bought a player , and he has immediately  improved the team , looks like a bit of class does Mane , early days I know but the signs are there ,
      Kept a close eye on Henderson last night  so many negative short passes beginning to have doubts about the lad hope he gets out of this spell quickly , needs to really up his game .
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #286: Aug 24, 2016 11:46:22 am
      Mane is a fantastic signing for us.

Amazed how easily we took apart a championship side.

West Brom and Watford both dumped out by league 1 sides.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #287: Aug 24, 2016 11:53:32 am
      Well played boys, a very good win last night - really professional from the off. We were under a bit of pressure after the Burnley result too. If we got knocked out last night then there would have been a reaction amongst fans.

It was good to see such a strong line up. There is no point in resting anybody at this point in the season, we need some match practice and to get our fitness levels up. The only risk are injuries/suspensions - hopefully emre isn't out for too long. It was good that we gave Burton the respect they deserve and it was good to see us treating this competition seriously.

I also hope that after the Burnley game Jürgen said to a few of our lads well that was f**king sh*t so you can forget having the night off on Tuesday because you're f**king working!!

Great result and a very strong performance. We breezed it and I don't think we got out of second gear. I'm a very happy red this morning.

The only two comments I will make are:

1. I'm really going for Henderson now. He annoys me f**king sh*t loads. I think he's absolute garbage. Even against Burton he looks bang average and I think its a f**king farce he is our skipper. I actually think his best position is on the right side of midfield, but as a central midfielder who carries so much responsibility he is god damn awful.

2. I've been very pleasantly surprised with Mane. I made my feelings clear when he came here in that I didn't rate him and I thought it was another tragic signing by the club. He was sh*t hot in pre season, sh*t hot against arsenal, we badly missed him against burnley, and he was sh*t hot last night.  Keep it up lad. Brilliant performances so far.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #288: Aug 24, 2016 11:59:15 am

Why? Milner had a good game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #289: Aug 24, 2016 12:03:30 pm

Don't know what inspired you to post this after a match where he played more than well. Bizarre
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #290: Aug 24, 2016 12:07:30 pm
      we still had the spell in the second half for 20mins when we went missing and they bossed the game and against a good team we would be in trouble. this has to stem from Central midfield not taking a grip on the game. Other than that they did all they possibly could and the thought of ain inform Daniel and Mane together is really exciting. Milner played well but you cant get away from the fact that when he had to cross the ball with his left foot it was awful and as a contrast his assist with his right foot was sublime.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #291: Aug 24, 2016 12:12:00 pm
      Good to see us putting some decent balls into the box in this game.

Clyne's was beauty for Firmino's goal, and Milner's for their OG was our best corner in about 4 years. Not saying a great deal like, but it was a good one.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #292: Aug 24, 2016 12:23:14 pm
      I missed the game last night, how was Matip looking? Did he play the full 90?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #293: Aug 24, 2016 12:25:48 pm
      I missed the game last night, how was Matip looking? Did he play the full 90?

Was sitting in a deckchair with a cigar for the full 90 mins.

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #294: Aug 24, 2016 12:27:25 pm

Fair. Doing a Moreno then? Just doing it at the right time and not during an opposition attack
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #295: Aug 24, 2016 12:33:11 pm
      1. I'm really going for Henderson now. He annoys me f**king sh*t loads. I think he's absolute garbage. Even against Burton he looks bang average and I think its a f**king farce he is our skipper. I actually think his best position is on the right side of midfield, but as a central midfielder who carries so much responsibility he is god damn awful.

2. I've been very pleasantly surprised with Mane. I made my feelings clear when he came here in that I didn't rate him and I thought it was another tragic signing by the club. He was sh*t hot in pre season, sh*t hot against arsenal, we badly missed him against burnley, and he was sh*t hot last night.  Keep it up lad. Brilliant performances so far.

:nod:

Couldn't agree more fella. Thought Mane would be a good signing, didn't think he would be this good though. Only thing left is that 'inconsistent' tag that people were throwing around at him. If that is bollocks, as I hope it is, then he has signing of the season written all over him.

With regards Henderson, quicker he is out of the side the better. Gives us nothing defensively or offensively that any of our other midfielders couldn't offer much more. Waste of a shirt in my opinion.

Clyne's was beauty for Firmino's goal, and Milner's for their OG was our best corner in about 4 years. Not saying a great deal like, but it was a good one.

That was the one that surprised me the most, I've criticised Clyne for his offensive displays in the past but he was bang on it last night. Hopefully an upturn and a sign of things to come because that would really add another dimension to our game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #296: Aug 24, 2016 12:35:01 pm

no way he would fit into a deck chair the lad is huge.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #297: Aug 24, 2016 12:38:30 pm
      no way he would fit into a deck chair the lad is huge.

:D

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #298: Aug 24, 2016 12:45:11 pm
      :nod:
      With regards Henderson, quicker he is out of the side the better. Gives us nothing defensively or offensively that any of our other midfielders couldn't offer much more. Waste of a shirt in my opinion.
      Amen to that

Quick Reply