Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

Read 6894 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
      Aug 25, 2016 12:54:01 am
      Demo is available now and feck me! It's actually good!!  :o
      Feels amazing compared to the last few!

Suarez goal I scored in first game :P

https://youtu.be/HNuKa7NsAgU
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
      Reply #1: Aug 25, 2016 01:08:05 pm
      Looks stunning, might have to get that Demo!

I'm a very casual gamer, currently in my first season in the Premier League with Mansfield Town in FIFA! :D

I understand the market demands more for online gamers but I just want something I can switch on for an hour or two and swith off for a bit.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Aug 25, 2016 08:54:57 pm
      I'm not a massive player of online either, It's why i started getting a bit bored of football games... PES was always poor after PS2 days, and FIFA's career mode just got stale and Ultimate Team was never my thing..... but this PES demo this year.... feels amazing! And looks amazing... I'm excited!

Heres another pretty nifty goal I scored yesterday, a little link up play between Griezmann and Torres, you don't score goals like this in FIFA, especially that one touch pass from Griezmann to start it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1USLN7Qws
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2016 09:08:01 pm
      I'm not a massive player of online either, It's why i started getting a bit bored of football games... PES was always poor after PS2 days, and FIFA's career mode just got stale and Ultimate Team was never my thing..... but this PES demo this year.... feels amazing! And looks amazing... I'm excited!

Heres another pretty nifty goal I scored yesterday, a little link up play between Griezmann and Torres, you don't score goals like this in FIFA, especially that one touch pass from Griezmann to start it...

Don't really play games console much these days (don't know why - I adored the likes of Uncharted, GTA 5, Modern Wardare and Red Dead Redemption titles on PS3 - been meaning to complete The Last Of Us as well for yonks)

Must be a decade now though since I properly loved a football game. PES 3 still stands as the high water mark surely? Always thought FIFA was overrated cack. But if I'm to enjoy this new one I'll need a PS4. Looks great and it seems Pro Evo has really made a comeback the last couple of years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Aug 26, 2016 05:12:05 am

That pass by Torres never works in FIFA. It hangs in the air for the defender to win it, or it gets hit hopelessly long.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5: Aug 26, 2016 05:35:35 pm
      I can't quantify the number of hours I spent playing PES 5 on PS2. I've yet to play a football sim I enjoy as much. Scoring a goal actually felt like it meant something in that game :laugh: I always thought one of the coolest things about PES 5 was how you could mix kits. Here we are 11 years later, and you still can't do that in any game.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: Aug 26, 2016 07:52:20 pm
      Konami have also recently announced a partnership with Liverpool, so we'll be fully licensed.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/us/en-us/license/liverpool
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #7: Aug 26, 2016 09:54:38 pm
      Konami have also recently announced a partnership with Liverpool, so we'll be fully licensed.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/us/en-us/license/liverpool

Awesome!! That'll save me some time editing the real kits into the game!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #8: Sep 17, 2016 12:56:20 am
      So been playing the full game now for a little while and it's amazing! Best footy game I've played since the PS2 days.... currently nine games into my career mode and in 5th place, so much more realistic than FIFA where I'd be 10 points clear at the top already, and Liverpool seem to be as they are in real life, I'm blowing away the 'big' teams and struggling with the smaller ones, lost 1-0 to Crystal Palace (last min penalty)  :mad: and then beat Arsenal 4-1 the game after  :lmao:

And on PS4 there is a patch you can download on PC with all the official kits and names for the unlicensed teams and the game has made it so easy to install it, you just stick your USB into your console with the patch on, go to Data Settings, click OK on one thing and sit back, have a cuppa and it all installs itself.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 17, 2016 05:55:02 pm
      So been playing the full game now for a little while and it's amazing! Best footy game I've played since the PS2 days.... currently nine games into my career mode and in 5th place, so much more realistic than FIFA where I'd be 10 points clear at the top already, and Liverpool seem to be as they are in real life, I'm blowing away the 'big' teams and struggling with the smaller ones, lost 1-0 to Crystal Palace (last min penalty)  :mad: and then beat Arsenal 4-1 the game after  :lmao:

And on PS4 there is a patch you can download on PC with all the official kits and names for the unlicensed teams and the game has made it so easy to install it, you just stick your USB into your console with the patch on, go to Data Settings, click OK on one thing and sit back, have a cuppa and it all installs itself.

Same here just started a Lfc career but don't seem to have Anfield as a stadium option???
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #10: Sep 17, 2016 08:02:32 pm

Same here just started a Lfc career but don't seem to have Anfield as a stadium option???

No Anfield in it I'm afraid, think the Rose something stadium is its equivalent
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #11: Sep 19, 2016 05:09:47 pm

That's always been the secret to PES. There's a dedicated community that fixes kits/names/etc. to get the game as close to real as possible. It's really because Konami doesn't have the money EA does to purchase licenses.

So, worth a purchase? How does it proportionally rate compared to the glory days of PES 5 and 6?

From the Konami site:

The following Stadiums and Anthems are scheduled for release on late November 2016. (*Release dates and content are subject to change.)

Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund/Home Stadium)
          Anfield (Liverpool FC/Home Stadium)
          You’ll Never Walk Alone
          Liverpool FC Classic Kit
          Faces Updated
          Boots Added

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #12: Sep 19, 2016 10:18:48 pm
      That's always been the secret to PES. There's a dedicated community that fixes kits/names/etc. to get the game as close to real as possible. It's really because Konami doesn't have the money EA does to purchase licenses.

So, worth a purchase? How does it proportionally rate compared to the glory days of PES 5 and 6?

From the Konami site:

It's probably the best PES I've ever played, and I've played them all!

And yeah been modding all past PES with kits etc but this year they've made it so much easier! You don't have to do any work apart from pressing a button :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Sep 19, 2016 10:56:09 pm
      It was the better game last year by miles so I expect it to do the same this year. FIFA do have a new game engine but I expect it still to be the same old game with the same terrible passing.

Quick Reply