Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool FC : 27th Aug : 12.30pm

Read 4369 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool FC : 27th Aug : 12.30pm
      Aug 25, 2016 11:59:56 am
      A lunch time kick off which means I will have to watch this on replay as I will be travelling up to Fort William

Jürgen saying Origi and Can are doubts for this one. We really could do with Can as he adds so much more balance to our midfield.

Spurs are without Dembele which is a major plus for our lightweight midfield although that's not to say Dier and Wanyama are pushovers! but don't offer the same attacking thrust from midfield.

Will be interesting to see how we handle their press as against Arse and Burnley this is where we struggled to get the ball forward or making errors as in the first Burnley goal.

I would go with

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Moreno

Can (Stewart)
      Hendo
      Lallana

Mane
      Firmino
      Coutinho
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Re: Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool FC : 27th Aug : 12.30pm
      Reply #1: Aug 25, 2016 12:16:49 pm
      Can't wait for this one, thinking we should bury them. Personally, I'd go with this:

Migs
      Clyne Matip Lovren Klavan
      Can Milner
      Mane Firmino Coutinho
      Origi

If Can isn't fit then sub Stewart or Wijnaldum in and if Origi isn't fit then sub Studge for him. Things seem a bit tense and shaky at the moment between Klopp and some of the players, a roaring win here would do us a lot of good.

Milner is no left back and Moreno hardly is one either. Meanwhile, Lovren and Matip played really well the other day (albeit against weak opposition) and I think we should try to let their partnership flourish. Klavan has played really well as a left-sided CB though so I think he should not be overlooked, he also has experience as an LB, so why not put him out there and try to solidify things.

Hendo and Wijnaldum have both disappointed severely for me so far. They struggle to add any unique value and any EPL CM could walk in there and do the same job they do, while Milner has outshined both of them even from a relatively unfamiliar position. Let him have his go in the center of the pitch like he wanted when he came in.

Extremely unlikely that this lineup will happen though unfortunately.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #2: Aug 25, 2016 12:30:53 pm
      Away on holidays for this. Have to scout the place for an Irish bar with sky sports. Klopp has some big decisions to make here. I would play a defensive minded team and use Mane as the threat.

Klavan at LB makes loads of sense. If Can is out then Milner with Hendo as 2 holding midfielders.

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Klavan

Milner
      Hendo

Couthino
      Lallana
      Mane

Sturridge
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2016 12:50:37 pm
                 Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Matip Milner
          Lallana Hendo Can
      Mane Firmino Coutinho

Matip was under no pressure against Burton, so this would be proper test.
      Against a side were we'll likely be under pressure, would play Milner ahead of Moreno.
      A mid three of guys from last season is a reflection on the current state of the summer signings in that even though would like to put someone in ahead of them, not sure Wijnaldum/Grujic would have more impact.
      Mane on the other hand, has had proper impact, and would start with Firmino and Cou.  Studge against Burnley looked out of sorts (I don't base anything on the Burton match) so maybe bring him on later if chasing game.
      Big match. We'll be looking for them to bounce back, but Spuds are not the soft touches they were. Be great to win, but would settle for draw now I think.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #4: Aug 25, 2016 12:56:23 pm
      After restoring calm to everyone with a thoroughly professional display against Burton on Tuesday evening and firmly putting the Burnley game behind us, all focus now turns to what is one of the tougher games of the season, away to Spurs. They are currently 7th in the league after a 1-1 draw with Everton and a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace last week, their first win in their last 6 League matches. While they may not be flying out of the gates we know all too well the threat they carry and the quality in their squad, they won't struggle for long. Although their hangover from falling short last season and the players they had involved at the Euros does seem to have them under pressure of sorts. However they have had 7 days to prepare, having not played mid week, and Pochettino will have them ready for us. We are in the same bracket as them as Top 4 contenders, along with possibly 4 other teams, so without billing it as a "six-pointer", taking points in these games will be key for those european places.

Spurs have played a 4-2-3-1 in both games this season, with largely the same line ups, with obvious exeption of Vorm replacing Lloris in goal due to injury, and more interestingly Kane playing behind the striker against Palace, although Pochettino said Delle Alli had been ill for a few days leading up to the game. Not exactly in need of a rest I think we can expect pretty much the same 11 on Saturday, the big question being which one of Kane, Delle Alli, and Janssen will miss out? Kane has failed to impress yet this season, whereas new signing Vincent Janssen has been very impressive, changing the game when he came on against Everton and giving a man of the match performance against Palace whilst being unlucky not to net his first goal. Delle Alli is a real talent and I think he is fantastic in the role behind the striker, so it will be up to Pochettino to make the tough call. I personally see them going for:

I think Pochettino makes the big call and drops Kane, he's out of form, Janssen is playing very well and I think Delle Alli behind is more creative and dangerous than Kane, who is a very good poacher. I don't see him changing tactics altogether and switching to two up top to accommodate anyone, he has his style and I think he is a strong willed manager.

I am actually really looking forward to this one, I think it is going to very interesting to see how these two approach it. Spurs are not going to do a Burnley and sit in deep at home, they are going to want the ball and look to play against us. That should suit us, but I think Spurs are more direct than Arsenal, so whereas when they looked to play against us it was a slow methodical build up of precision passing. It allowed us time to regroup and keep the shape, they were always looking for that perfect ball to break us. Spurs have a fantastic combination of flair, speed and aggression. The addition of Wanyama to their midfield has them very solid and makes it a war zone in the middle of the park with him and Dier. Then their front three have speed and trickery to break the lines and in Kane they have clinical target man, he's not Aguero or Suarez but he is very effective! And new signing Janssen looks to add another dimension to that attack with a great engine and ability to get around the pitch. Add to that their two full backs in Walker and Rose (who I rate quite highly) are the prime example of the balance between attack and defence for full backs. And not forgetting that Vertonghen and Alderwield are no mugs either.

The most interesting thing about their first match against Everton is that, Everton really pressed and harried them, didn't give Spurs a moment and they really struggled with that in the first half. Koeman even said afterwards that if he had a 100% fit side as opposed to 70% that they would have won, and it's hard to argue with that looking that first half! If ever there was a game designed for Gegenpressing then surely this is it. Against Burnley you can't exactly press a team that doesn't want the ball, whereas here we can really hurt them if we get it right.

To turn the attention now to ourselves I think regardless of the varying results we've seen in the three matches, the team we seem to be settling on is by and large a good fit for this. Upon saying that I would have liked Can and Origi available, but I'll continue under the assumption that they're not ready for the starting line up. Three of the back five pick themselves in my opinion, Mignolet, Clyne and Lovren. The other two you could argue a case for. I think MAtip will get the nod here as I think he was always meant to be Lovrens partner and Klavan was just filling in until he was up to full fitness, but aside from that, on tuesday he showed great energy, pace and a willingness to get around, I wouldn't call it wondering as anytime he did step out of defence it felt like it was well timed and he had read the situation to say "ok, there's no danger, I can get us another 5-10 yards up here". It didn't feel like it did when Lovren used to do it early in his Liverpool career and you were always on edge, he seems to pick his moments. And after the first goal we conceded against Burnley and arguably the first we concededagainst Arsenal too, it could be a big help to have us pushing the line higher up the pitch, I don't think it's a coincidence that the men he brought in to be first choice keeper and first choice centre half both have higher starting positions on the pitch. As for LB, I think Milner gets the nod again, but only just for me, I wouldn't be surprised to see Moreno start. Spurs aren't a team that will get it wide and knock in crosses, they look to work the channels and break the line. And if we're looking to counter them then Moreno's pace is an obvious asset but I think the mid field battle will be key, and Milners ability to step inside as an extra body in there could be the key to cracking their mid field.

Our own mid field will most probably be the area of most discussion here. The three of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana has failed to impress just yet. And Henderson in particular coming in for criticism, but for me he's a definite starter here, and not just because of the captain thing. We seen in this game last year the sheer amount leg work that was needed, Henderson is an engine, he will get around, he will cover the pitch and he will press relentlessly, as I said, they couldn't deal with Barkley and Barry pressing, we should be on a different level to that, and Hendersons industry is key to that. I said in the last two pre match threads that his ability to spray the ball and pick out a man is vital, but he's been sh*t at that in both games so I'm going to jib that and be a complete hypocrite. I criticised him in the Burnley post match thread for playing it too safe, and playing easy short passes, well that is exactly what he needs to do here, look to hit Milner and Clyne, get it wide, stretch them and pass into the space that open up. As for who plays with Henderson in midfield, Klopp seems determined that Lallana is playing there so that is a given for me, and he has shown some flashes of promise there. I think he was our best player for 25 mins against Burnley but unfortunately his head dropped with everyone elses after half an hour. If we get the Lallana that played against Barca in pre season he will be a huge asset, it's just about getting that consistency in this new role for him. The third man in midfield is the big question for me. I think Wijnaldum has struggled and maybe it's not going to be the role for him, we've spent enough on him so something as to give sooner or later. Like I say I am working under the assumption that Can isn't going to start here either. I found it quite strange that Grujic wasn't in the squad on Tuesday yet travelled and warmed up with that lads? The hopeless romantic in melikes to think that he has been working all week on his specific role for this match and he is going to be a surprise starter, but even I admit that is highly unlikely, and I don't see Stewart getting a start yet either. It will most likely be Wijnaldum again, but there is also a mad shout for playing Coutinho deeper, keep him away from Dier and Wanyama who will surely be looking to shut him down early, and let him dictate play from deep, however that is also a wild one from me.

I said in the Daniel Sturridge thread that I felt the only reason he played on the right against Burnley was because Mane was ruled out late on and instead of rip up the whole weeks preparation for the other 10 players he just slotted Sturridge in there to do a job. It didn't work we all accept that, I think the "I don't want to play out wide" comments from Sturridge have been blown out of proportion and with time to prepare for this one I imagine Sturridge will start up top with Mane on the right. The question then is Firmino or Coutinho on the left and the fact that Coutinho didn't feature against Burton I imagine he comes back in for this one. I think that front three will be an absolute nightmare for Spurs, I imagne Danny Rose is currently sweating at the thoughts of marking Mane, plus Clyne on the over lap and Sturridge looking to pull wide into the channels. Coutinho was frustrating against Burnley and Spurs will look to limit his space and frustrate him again, but to do that I think they'll need to double up on him, and they will likely need to do the same to Mane, which is just not feasible to do it to both and not leave themselves wide open for the likes of Sturridge.

I honestly think if we get 80% out of those front three they will be so dangerous, and if the stars align and we get the best out of each of them on the day I have no doubt that we will win comfortably. But our approach dictates how much we can get from them. Burnley showed that cutting out the supply to Coutinho and Sturridge frustrates them and takes them off their game. Spus will try that but they want the ball too, they can't do both, and at home they have to go for the win to show any ambition this season. That can play into our hands only if we're smart about it. Dier and Wanyama look very solid in midfield, if we start dropping deep looking for the ball or get too narrow cutting inside, they will clean them up all day. Keep it wide, keep it moving and get Sturridge running the channels (This match is made for Origi!) drawing men in freeing up the space for Mane and Coutinho. And I genuinely think that Lallana can be the key man, he's forgotten about as a runner in the deeper role, even Burnley lost track of him a few times. When you're trying to watch, Coutinho, Sturridge, Mane and over lapping full backs those late runs can be key, and is another reason to possibly include Grujic who looks to do that quite well in his few appearances so far.

I think it will be a very tough game, a lot of back and forth and quick breaks. If they're performance against Everton is anything to go by, our fitness will be a big factor. Another big factor I see will be the benches, whereas I said before that they have a very strong squad, their benches n their last two games have been:

Ryan Mason, Vincent Janssen, Michel Vorm, Joshua Onomah, Harry Winks, Ben Davies, Cameron Carter-Vickers

Ryan Mason, Dele Alli, Joshua Onomah, Tom Carroll, Ben Davies, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Luke McGee

Janssen was a game changer against Everton and Delle Alli has obvious threats coming into any games, but other than that I don't see a massive threat from their bench. And if we can run them down and tire them, some of these lads are going to get dropped into the deep end if they're brought on. I'd like to think we would have stronger options from our bench too, (if Can and Origi are fit they will of course go straight in);

Manninger, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Grujic, Firmino, Ings

I think we have the players and the ability to beat these, we need to get some consistency into our game and shore up that defence. I would take a 1-0 here and now but I think it is going to be tougher than that. I think Henderson is a make shift holding midfielder and until we have Can back that will be an issue. Combined with our recent defensive lapses and that Lovren appears to be over on the left when Matip plays I think there will be an adjustment period. And as such I think we'll struggle to keep a clean sheet. Upon saying that we have the potential for an amazing attack there and even a glimpse of what they can do will be enough to get us on the score sheet. I don't see how they contain that front three for the full 90, the main thing is we hurt them more than once. I'm going to be positive and say 2-1 to the Reds, Sturridge and Lallana with the goals.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5: Aug 25, 2016 12:59:47 pm
      Don't want Henderson or Moreno near the starting 11. Klavan can sit this one out after Burnley too.

Mignolet

Clyne    Lovren   Matip    Milner

Lallana Can  Wijnaldum

Mane                                     Coutinho
                           Origi

Sturridge and Firmino to come on if we're struggling.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Aug 25, 2016 01:38:43 pm
      I cant see Jürgen dropping Henderson and I do hope that purely on merit he get some time on the bench. Spurs is a funny game for both team we seem to beat each other easily or not at all. I haven't a clue which Liverpool team will turn up
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #7: Aug 25, 2016 02:05:46 pm
                           Migs
      Clyne  Matip      Lovren    Moreno
            Lallana   Lucas    Milner
           Mane                   Coutinho
                      Sturridge

Subs: Manninger, Henderson, Grujic, Origi, Klavan, Gini, Firmino
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2016 02:22:51 pm
      A few words of wisdom from the boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATD3NkPsm9M

Knocks the Sturridge bullshit on the head, a few updates on Can and Origi, and a few insights into what he expects on Saturday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2016 02:38:31 pm
      No question some people in media trying to cause trouble re Sturridge. Basically all he said is that his favorite position is up front. Klopp agrees and made a couple of reference to motivations behind journo questions. Nothing to see here people.

Klavan is getting WAY too much stick for basically one challenge that didn't come off right. He won the ball and the carom went favorably for Gray, so he goes from being excellent and a budding cult hero all preseason and the Arsenal match, to some kind of liability now? Manic depression is in the air.

As for our lineup, doesn't sound to me like Can is going to be available. I've written elsewhere that other than Mane, there's no player who makes a bigger difference to our side when he's not there than Emre. We will have to overcome this. Here's what I'm expecting if Can is out.

Mig
      Clyne, Lovren, Matip (not because Klavan went bad, but because this was the first choice central defensive pairing plan before Joel's injury), Milner
      Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana
      Mane, Sturridge, Coutinho

If Emre can play, obviously one of those three mids comes out.

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #10: Aug 25, 2016 02:42:37 pm
      Got to sort the midfield out for this one. Obviously Can isnt available but I'd like to see something like:

Mignolet
      Clyne     Matip    Lovren   Milner
                   Lucas     Henderson
                           Firmino
      Mane        Sturridge        Coutinho

Never going to happen though.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2016 03:21:03 pm
      I think selecting the right midfield is going to be more important than LB. Dembele will be a miss for them, but Spurs still have a great midfield to chose from.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2016 04:45:48 pm
      Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Klavan
                      Can (Stewart)
              Hendo     Milner
        Mane   Sturridge  Firmino

I think we need industrial players for this match as I can't see us dominating possession because of their pressing, and even if we try, I think we will struggle. Also, having speed and movement up front and playing direct is whats needed.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #13: Aug 25, 2016 06:54:18 pm
      Although I expect JK to play 4-3-3, I'll prefer a compact 4-3-2-1 approach of:
                 Mignolet
      Clyne Matip Lovren Moreno
           Hendo Can Milner
                Mane Couts
                     Origi
      Defensively solid through the middle with pace upfront and at the wings for counter.

Sturridge, Wijnaldum, Firmino etc to change the dynamics as subs.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: Aug 25, 2016 07:48:58 pm
      Please, no Henderson in front of defense...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15: Aug 25, 2016 08:31:11 pm
      Stewart has always done well really calm on the ball and he is Ex Spurs so will be really motivated to put one over on them.I am surprised he doesn't get a mention more often
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #16: Aug 25, 2016 08:59:39 pm
      I  still  don't have    confidence in our defence, and  definitely Tottenham  will put pressure on   whoever   is  going to play
      at LB.I don't know  that I have to go with Milner or Moreno .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #17: Aug 25, 2016 10:39:07 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18: Aug 25, 2016 10:48:07 pm

I've written elsewhere that other than Mane, there's no player who makes a bigger difference to our side when he's not there than Emre. We will have to overcome this.

My first two players on the sheet ... Can and Mane .

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19: Aug 25, 2016 10:50:19 pm
      I think Origi will be a big miss for this game (if he's not fit). Pace and power is what you need against Spurs, thankfully Mane should play and he has both.

Mignolet

Clyne        Lovren         Matip     Moreno

Henderson (sorry) Gigi    Grujic

Mane          Sturridge        Firmino

Don't usually predict anything but a win for Liverpool, but going for a draw against Spurs. Think without Coutinho, Origi and Can a win might be just beyond us. If they are fit and play I think we will win.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #20: Aug 25, 2016 10:56:07 pm
      Here's how I would like to see it

Mignolet

Clyne        Lovren         Matip     Milner

Can
                   Firmino              Grujic

Mane          Sturridge        Coutinho
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21: Aug 26, 2016 12:29:01 am
      I think Origi will be a big miss for this game (if he's not fit). Pace and power is what you need against Spurs, thankfully Mane should play and he has both.

Mignolet

Clyne        Lovren         Matip     Moreno

Henderson (sorry) Gigi    Grujic

Mane          Sturridge        Firmino

Don't usually predict anything but a win for Liverpool, but going for a draw against Spurs. Think without Coutinho, Origi and Can a win might be just beyond us. If they are fit and play I think we will win.

It'd be nice to see that front 3, I think they'd be very productive.

Obviously Henderson is the weakness, if Can plays I think we win, if he doesn't I still think we might win but the chances are much slimmer with Henderson in the side.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: Aug 26, 2016 05:04:31 am
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Moreno

Henderson
      Grujic

Mane
      Firmino
      Wijnaldum

Sturridge

That'll do me. Win the midfield (i know...) and we will be on our way to 3 points.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #23: Aug 26, 2016 07:59:06 am
      Will be missing this one , doing a first aid course with St. John's  ,going to have to be a step up from what we have produced so far ,get a win here sets us up nicely ,going into the break .
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #24: Aug 26, 2016 08:47:47 am
      Some really smart assessments there, people - hats off to The Kopite91 in particular.

I tend to predict a win against Spuds, home or away, although their side looks pretty impressive- strength in defence and midfield, balance, width (FBs), flair and pace; finishing may be an issue for them if Kane continues his recent poor form but Janssen looks good.

That said, we could really stretch them with Mane, and Sturridge will be an asset with his touch in tight situations (as central striker).  Also, for me Moreno is a must because Walker will maraud up his flank and will need to be kept occupied by our lad - Moreno will trouble him with his pace, Milner might just be more useful in CM for once, and I think we'll need his grit in there (ahead of Wijnaldum who IMHO is an AM(L) playing as a CDM).  Lallana is a definite - pressing will win this game, and he can work their CDs with Sturridge on the edge of the box and in the channels.  We'll have to be careful about giving away free kicks on the edge of the box - they've got class there.  Henderson?  I think we need his energy and I do actually think he's there to bring control to the midfield (I'm not saying he's been great at it though, so far).  CM definitely needs strengthening for me, especially looking at the two lads Spuds have there.

Interesting call by The Kopite91 to put Coutinho back as a DLPM or similar.  Not sure long passing is s strength of his but I like the adventure in that idea.  It might also draw Dyer and Wanyama out of their comfort zones and open gaps.  Proper game of football chess, this one!  Can't wait!

I think we've got another potential 4 - 3 result here!  Should be a cracker.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #25: Aug 26, 2016 01:37:25 pm
      My team is

Migs

Clyne    Matip   Lovren   Milner

Can   Hendo 

Coutinho

Mane       Origi           Firmino     
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #26: Aug 26, 2016 02:25:10 pm
      Should be an exciting game of football no doubt.

My team would be...

Mignolet

Clyne   Matip  Lovren  Moreno

Milner  Grujic

Mane Coutinho Lallana

Sturridge

I would play Grujic alongside Milner to give us some physicality in CM to combat Dier and Wanyama and also to offer a set-piece threat.
      The pace of Mane and Sturridge and skill of Coutinho and Lallana should give us the edge.

I think based on the performances of Henderson, Wijnaldum and to an extent Firminho thus far, its only fair that some of the others get an opportunity to show if they are up for it.

Spurs 2 - 3 Liverpool should make for an entertaining lunch time game.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2016 02:53:30 pm
      I think Grujic is much more of an attacking mid, and with Coutinho apparently injured this might be a good chance for him to get a full game in. He's looked very promising so far, although he does seem a little fragile.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #28: Aug 26, 2016 06:20:48 pm
                Mignolet

Clyne   Matip  Lovren  Milner

Hendo  Can

Mane  Lallana  Coutinho

Sturridge

If Can is out, Gigi in.
      if Cou is out, Firmino in the middle of the attacking 3 with Lallana moving to the left
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #29: Aug 26, 2016 06:31:36 pm
      I have gone for a 1  1 draw, in tomorrow's lunch time kick off. Pity I will be working and will miss the game. Still let's hope that the Reds go on to win the game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Aug 26, 2016 11:02:12 pm
      Gutted I'm going to miss most of this game as I've got to go to a damn Wedding, whoever gets married in the football season, Shanks would turn in his grave, hopefully I'll just about be able to see the first half before I have to rush off.

Be interesting to see what team Jürgen puts out with us having a few injuries and of course it won't be an easy game down there, be great to win but I'd be happy with a draw.

Excited to see Mane run rings round these, been mega impressed with him so far, we need a good all round team performance to get any rewards tomorrow.

Good luck Redmen, let's do this.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2016 11:15:36 pm
      Just bring the 3 points home to Anfield please and that would be a good result.6 points from our first 3 games all away from home will do.This will be the start of our winning league run,go the mighty REDS. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2016 11:41:48 pm
      Apparently Klaven is an injury doubt for tomorrow

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/769297047275073536

Interesting interview in the link.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2016 11:52:10 pm
      I remember only a few seasons ago when we went there and it was looking like a tough one before kick off and we completely  annihilated them 5-0.
      We are capable of doing any team in this league home or away when we knock it about and cut the defence open.
      I just hope we can put the Burnley game down as a blip and get back to winning ways with a decent performance from everyone who plays..
      Stay Solid early on and no silly free kick giveaways in Erikson or Kane territory.
      If Can is injured then put Stewart in there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #34: Aug 26, 2016 11:55:59 pm
      Apparently Klaven is an injury doubt for tomorrow

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/769297047275073536

Interesting interview in the link.

Well at least we have plenty of cover at  CB   :f_tongueincheek:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2016 12:05:16 am
      Think Jürgen will pull out all the stops to get Can on the field, and it was only a light injury. We can do these over. I've gone for 2:1 you'd but thinking it could be 3 or 4 to us.
      Hope drudge starts in the centre up top and hendo starts on the bench.
      Gotta work tomorrow it will have radio on. Can't wait now, hope we don't repeat the burnet performance.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2016 06:49:26 am
      Not feeling confident about this one today.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: Aug 27, 2016 07:49:31 am
      Not feeling confident about this one today.

It is usually when we are confident that we F**k up. We seem to play better as underdogs (touch wood)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Aug 27, 2016 08:37:28 am
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Aug 27, 2016 08:37:58 am
      Gutted I'm going to miss most of this game as I've got to go to a damn Wedding, whoever gets married in the football season, Shanks would turn in his grave, hopefully I'll just about be able to see the first half before I have to rush off.

Be interesting to see what team Jürgen puts out with us having a few injuries and of course it won't be an easy game down there, be great to win but I'd be happy with a draw.

Excited to see Mane run rings round these, been mega impressed with him so far, we need a good all round team performance to get any rewards tomorrow.

Good luck Redmen, let's do this.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

What kind of sick b***ard doesn't check the PL fixtures before planning their wedding?  :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #40: Aug 27, 2016 09:47:53 am
      Can see plenty of goals in this game..

Going for a 2-3 to win.
      Tadders

• 6,742 posts | 569 
      Reply #41: Aug 27, 2016 10:09:40 am
      Absolutley no idea what Liverpool will show up. As usual.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #42: Aug 27, 2016 10:26:27 am
      Absolutley no idea what Liverpool will show up. As usual.

My thoughts exactly.  I don't think there is much between the teams but they both have the capacity of putting in a phenomenal performance to demolish the other.

Clearly a difficult start to the season in terms of fixtures for the reds.  I'd probably have taken 4 points/9 when the list came out.  6 points would be brilliant.
      a.soita
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 27, 2016 10:41:48 am
      Can't wait for this one, thinking we should bury them. Personally, I'd go with this:

Migs
      Clyne Matip Lovren Klavan
      Can Milner
      Mane Firmino Coutinho
      Origi

If Can isn't fit then sub Stewart or Wijnaldum in and if Origi isn't fit then sub Studge for him. Things seem a bit tense and shaky at the moment between Klopp and some of the players, a roaring win here would do us a lot of good.

Milner is no left back and Moreno hardly is one either. Meanwhile, Lovren and Matip played really well the other day (albeit against weak opposition) and I think we should try to let their partnership flourish. Klavan has played really well as a left-sided CB though so I think he should not be overlooked, he also has experience as an LB, so why not put him out there and try to solidify things.

Hendo and Wijnaldum have both disappointed severely for me so far. They struggle to add any unique value and any EPL CM could walk in there and do the same job they do, while Milner has outshined both of them even from a relatively unfamiliar position. Let him have his go in the center of the pitch like he wanted when he came in.

Extremely unlikely that this lineup will happen though unfortunately.
      you a pundit or something? nailed it bang pon de head. true dat
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #44: Aug 27, 2016 10:58:10 am
      The back four today... what d'ya reckon; will we see Jürgen's preferred choice?

It will need to be on its toes against a mobile midfield/attack.

Tight but no reason why we can't score a few... they won't be parking the bus.

Oh and I loathe these hours.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: Aug 27, 2016 11:02:20 am
      Strange people on here dis morning.

I digress.

Well as someone once said about Spurs  "if your are going to spend that kind of money you would expect to win the league "
      Then we copied them ... and we didn't .

To use a Brendanista term already being puke worthy ..... we were a season or so back , on "par" with the Spuds before they got their sh*t together and pulled away. We didn't.

This is more of a test for the lads and Jürgen than other games of recent date.

Cant see  a 0 - 5  "bulging eyes Levy" day today  ..... gone for a 1-1.   Kane has been misfiring but that could come back and bite me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #46: Aug 27, 2016 11:03:33 am
      Sturridge to start bang in the middle up top please. Mane feeding him, there will be goals.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #47: Aug 27, 2016 11:06:38 am
      Sturridge to start bang in the middle up top please. Mane feeding him, there will be goals.

There Will Be Blood ...... red attacks.
      Changed my mind .

2-2
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #48: Aug 27, 2016 11:12:30 am
      Don't think we saw too much of Mane and Sturridge together in the friendlies so if that happens it will be interesting to see.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #49: Aug 27, 2016 11:33:42 am
      Mane and Sturridge partnership will win this for us.
      When Sturridge comes on.that is.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #50: Aug 27, 2016 11:37:39 am

I hope we really go for this.  If there's two fixtures where it seems as if 'heavy metal football' at 100mph will do it for us its Arse and Spuds away.  No cagey side to side nonsense, lets tear 'em apart from the kick off.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Quick Reply