Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool FC : 27th Aug : 12.30pm

Read 4337 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool FC : 27th Aug : 12.30pm
      Reply #23: Aug 26, 2016 07:59:06 am
      Will be missing this one , doing a first aid course with St. John's  ,going to have to be a step up from what we have produced so far ,get a win here sets us up nicely ,going into the break .
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #24: Aug 26, 2016 08:47:47 am
      Some really smart assessments there, people - hats off to The Kopite91 in particular.

I tend to predict a win against Spuds, home or away, although their side looks pretty impressive- strength in defence and midfield, balance, width (FBs), flair and pace; finishing may be an issue for them if Kane continues his recent poor form but Janssen looks good.

That said, we could really stretch them with Mane, and Sturridge will be an asset with his touch in tight situations (as central striker).  Also, for me Moreno is a must because Walker will maraud up his flank and will need to be kept occupied by our lad - Moreno will trouble him with his pace, Milner might just be more useful in CM for once, and I think we'll need his grit in there (ahead of Wijnaldum who IMHO is an AM(L) playing as a CDM).  Lallana is a definite - pressing will win this game, and he can work their CDs with Sturridge on the edge of the box and in the channels.  We'll have to be careful about giving away free kicks on the edge of the box - they've got class there.  Henderson?  I think we need his energy and I do actually think he's there to bring control to the midfield (I'm not saying he's been great at it though, so far).  CM definitely needs strengthening for me, especially looking at the two lads Spuds have there.

Interesting call by The Kopite91 to put Coutinho back as a DLPM or similar.  Not sure long passing is s strength of his but I like the adventure in that idea.  It might also draw Dyer and Wanyama out of their comfort zones and open gaps.  Proper game of football chess, this one!  Can't wait!

I think we've got another potential 4 - 3 result here!  Should be a cracker.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #25: Aug 26, 2016 01:37:25 pm
      My team is

Migs

Clyne    Matip   Lovren   Milner

Can   Hendo 

Coutinho

Mane       Origi           Firmino     
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #26: Aug 26, 2016 02:25:10 pm
      Should be an exciting game of football no doubt.

My team would be...

Mignolet

Clyne   Matip  Lovren  Moreno

Milner  Grujic

Mane Coutinho Lallana

Sturridge

I would play Grujic alongside Milner to give us some physicality in CM to combat Dier and Wanyama and also to offer a set-piece threat.
      The pace of Mane and Sturridge and skill of Coutinho and Lallana should give us the edge.

I think based on the performances of Henderson, Wijnaldum and to an extent Firminho thus far, its only fair that some of the others get an opportunity to show if they are up for it.

Spurs 2 - 3 Liverpool should make for an entertaining lunch time game.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2016 02:53:30 pm
      I think Grujic is much more of an attacking mid, and with Coutinho apparently injured this might be a good chance for him to get a full game in. He's looked very promising so far, although he does seem a little fragile.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #28: Aug 26, 2016 06:20:48 pm
                Mignolet

Clyne   Matip  Lovren  Milner

Hendo  Can

Mane  Lallana  Coutinho

Sturridge

If Can is out, Gigi in.
      if Cou is out, Firmino in the middle of the attacking 3 with Lallana moving to the left
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #29: Aug 26, 2016 06:31:36 pm
      I have gone for a 1  1 draw, in tomorrow's lunch time kick off. Pity I will be working and will miss the game. Still let's hope that the Reds go on to win the game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Aug 26, 2016 11:02:12 pm
      Gutted I'm going to miss most of this game as I've got to go to a damn Wedding, whoever gets married in the football season, Shanks would turn in his grave, hopefully I'll just about be able to see the first half before I have to rush off.

Be interesting to see what team Jürgen puts out with us having a few injuries and of course it won't be an easy game down there, be great to win but I'd be happy with a draw.

Excited to see Mane run rings round these, been mega impressed with him so far, we need a good all round team performance to get any rewards tomorrow.

Good luck Redmen, let's do this.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2016 11:15:36 pm
      Just bring the 3 points home to Anfield please and that would be a good result.6 points from our first 3 games all away from home will do.This will be the start of our winning league run,go the mighty REDS. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2016 11:41:48 pm
      Apparently Klaven is an injury doubt for tomorrow

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/769297047275073536

Interesting interview in the link.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2016 11:52:10 pm
      I remember only a few seasons ago when we went there and it was looking like a tough one before kick off and we completely  annihilated them 5-0.
      We are capable of doing any team in this league home or away when we knock it about and cut the defence open.
      I just hope we can put the Burnley game down as a blip and get back to winning ways with a decent performance from everyone who plays..
      Stay Solid early on and no silly free kick giveaways in Erikson or Kane territory.
      If Can is injured then put Stewart in there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34: Aug 26, 2016 11:55:59 pm
      Apparently Klaven is an injury doubt for tomorrow

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/769297047275073536

Interesting interview in the link.

Well at least we have plenty of cover at  CB   :f_tongueincheek:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2016 12:05:16 am
      Think Jürgen will pull out all the stops to get Can on the field, and it was only a light injury. We can do these over. I've gone for 2:1 you'd but thinking it could be 3 or 4 to us.
      Hope drudge starts in the centre up top and hendo starts on the bench.
      Gotta work tomorrow it will have radio on. Can't wait now, hope we don't repeat the burnet performance.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2016 06:49:26 am
      Not feeling confident about this one today.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: Aug 27, 2016 07:49:31 am
      Not feeling confident about this one today.

It is usually when we are confident that we F**k up. We seem to play better as underdogs (touch wood)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Aug 27, 2016 08:37:28 am
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Aug 27, 2016 08:37:58 am
      Gutted I'm going to miss most of this game as I've got to go to a damn Wedding, whoever gets married in the football season, Shanks would turn in his grave, hopefully I'll just about be able to see the first half before I have to rush off.

Be interesting to see what team Jürgen puts out with us having a few injuries and of course it won't be an easy game down there, be great to win but I'd be happy with a draw.

Excited to see Mane run rings round these, been mega impressed with him so far, we need a good all round team performance to get any rewards tomorrow.

Good luck Redmen, let's do this.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

What kind of sick b***ard doesn't check the PL fixtures before planning their wedding?  :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #40: Aug 27, 2016 09:47:53 am
      Can see plenty of goals in this game..

Going for a 2-3 to win.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #41: Aug 27, 2016 10:09:40 am
      Absolutley no idea what Liverpool will show up. As usual.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #42: Aug 27, 2016 10:26:27 am
      Absolutley no idea what Liverpool will show up. As usual.

My thoughts exactly.  I don't think there is much between the teams but they both have the capacity of putting in a phenomenal performance to demolish the other.

Clearly a difficult start to the season in terms of fixtures for the reds.  I'd probably have taken 4 points/9 when the list came out.  6 points would be brilliant.
      a.soita
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 27, 2016 10:41:48 am
      Can't wait for this one, thinking we should bury them. Personally, I'd go with this:

Migs
      Clyne Matip Lovren Klavan
      Can Milner
      Mane Firmino Coutinho
      Origi

If Can isn't fit then sub Stewart or Wijnaldum in and if Origi isn't fit then sub Studge for him. Things seem a bit tense and shaky at the moment between Klopp and some of the players, a roaring win here would do us a lot of good.

Milner is no left back and Moreno hardly is one either. Meanwhile, Lovren and Matip played really well the other day (albeit against weak opposition) and I think we should try to let their partnership flourish. Klavan has played really well as a left-sided CB though so I think he should not be overlooked, he also has experience as an LB, so why not put him out there and try to solidify things.

Hendo and Wijnaldum have both disappointed severely for me so far. They struggle to add any unique value and any EPL CM could walk in there and do the same job they do, while Milner has outshined both of them even from a relatively unfamiliar position. Let him have his go in the center of the pitch like he wanted when he came in.

Extremely unlikely that this lineup will happen though unfortunately.
      you a pundit or something? nailed it bang pon de head. true dat
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #44: Aug 27, 2016 10:58:10 am
      The back four today... what d'ya reckon; will we see Jürgen's preferred choice?

It will need to be on its toes against a mobile midfield/attack.

Tight but no reason why we can't score a few... they won't be parking the bus.

Oh and I loathe these hours.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: Aug 27, 2016 11:02:20 am
      Strange people on here dis morning.

I digress.

Well as someone once said about Spurs  "if your are going to spend that kind of money you would expect to win the league "
      Then we copied them ... and we didn't .

To use a Brendanista term already being puke worthy ..... we were a season or so back , on "par" with the Spuds before they got their sh*t together and pulled away. We didn't.

This is more of a test for the lads and Jürgen than other games of recent date.

Cant see  a 0 - 5  "bulging eyes Levy" day today  ..... gone for a 1-1.   Kane has been misfiring but that could come back and bite me.

Quick Reply