Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Transfer Deadline Day 2016-17

Read 18803 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Transfer Deadline Day 2016-17
      Reply #161: Sep 01, 2016 01:24:54 am
      So £1.14 billion has been spent this summer and yet...

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/771030291083395074
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #162: Sep 01, 2016 01:35:08 am
      I don't believe all your problems are solved by simply spending money on players - but let's see how Chelsea (£91M) and both Manchester clubs (about £150M each) get on compared to us who have banked a profit this summer.

I couldn't imagine Mourinho electing to retrain Schweinsteiger as a left back when he could erm, go and buy a left-back, for example.

I hope we're all smiling at the end of the season - I hope we're all pissing our pants about how much everyone else wasted whilst we romp home 20 points clear - but I'm getting more than a little frustrated with the 9th richest football club in the world trying to pretend to be the 900th.

Liverpool want to be the most clever football club in the world off the field while I, and probably you, want them to be the best on it.

I can't even be arsed looking through everything on here as I am enjoying a holiday but this, above, all day.

Lowest net spend for years, past league positions for last few years, (bar one) are atrocious, very low trophy counts, people refusing to believe that FSG don't really give too much of a sh*t, besides the dough, and a manager that seems to totally be wittingly or unwittingly (we'll see) falling right in line of what FSG want to pass a few years by before they bail with all the dough? Seriously, the support for this regime is f**king nuts.

We are not doing f**k all this year. If we do its all down to Klopp, if not its down to FSG and how they're running this club.

It really is that simple.

They've got to go. The mediocrity that they've managed to instill into a lot of the supporters of this club is mad, weird and ridiculous but, hats off, they've nailed it to an extent.

We're f**k all on the football side of things compared to others but hey, let's do it the 'right' way when apparently City, United, Chelsea etc have got it all wrong the f**king mugs.

This really isn't about winning arguments it's about doing what's right for this club. Trying to find ways to say that a regime that is consistently half trying to get us to the top on the pitch whilst putting full effort into lining up that mega bucks sell is crazy.

I just don't know how FSG are getting any love.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #163: Sep 01, 2016 01:54:53 am
      I can't even be arsed looking through everything on here as I am enjoying a holiday but this, above, all day.

Lowest net spend for years, past league positions for last few years, (bar one) are atrocious, very low trophy counts, people refusing to believe that FSG don't really give too much of a sh*t, besides the dough, and a manager that seems to totally be wittingly or unwittingly (we'll see) falling right in line of what FSG want to pass a few years by before they bail with all the dough? Seriously, the support for this regime is f**king nuts.

We are not doing f**k all this year. If we do its all down to Klopp, if not its down to FSG and how they're running this club.

It really is that simple.

They've got to go. The mediocrity that they've managed to instill into a lot of the supporters of this club is mad, weird and ridiculous but, hats off, they've nailed it to an extent.

We're f**k all on the football side of things compared to others but hey, let's do it the 'right' way when apparently City, United, Chelsea etc have got it all wrong the f**king mugs.

This really isn't about winning arguments it's about doing what's right for this club. Trying to find ways to say that a regime that is consistently half trying to get us to the top on the pitch whilst putting full effort into lining up that mega bucks sell is crazy.

I just don't know how FSG are getting any love.

Thing is, Jürgen has said time and again this is how he works, and he has final say. That's all people have went on and on about....this is the way Jürgen does things....those of us that had doubts about  the lack of spending were told to shutup and go sit in the corner. It's not that I don't hold FSG responsible...but Jürgen has full on taken responsibility for the football at the club so I'm not sure how we reconcile that with blaming FSG.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #164: Sep 01, 2016 03:37:07 am
      £70 million or more in sales and all that TV money even the 'little' clubs are spending and we go into the season still with that massive problem at LB and DM....
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #165: Sep 01, 2016 07:24:54 am
      In 2014 we bought Markovic and Balotelli for 36 million and sold Suarez and Reina for 77 million what the F**k where we smoking. Im not arsed going back through all the windows FSG have been in charge but a pattern of sell off your top players and buy a rake of sh*te ones then hope it pays off. Then loan the sh*te out for 2 seasons and release the players at a massive loss to the club. Id love to see the money added up that we wasted on the likes of Aspas, L. Alberto,  Illori, Marko, Balo, Coates. To name a few im sure that list is far bigger. not only the transfer fee but the time they spend on loan dropping in value as the contract runs down.

Were going to need to start doing what city done and start spending mad money and paying huge wages to compete for the league. Acting like were broke in the transfer market isnt working and the league position reflects that for every season bar 1. Every year I see fans on this forum suggest top players who go on to be very successful at prem clubs eg. Aguero, Silva, Mata all mentioned on this site long before they ended up in england. Its such a waste we could have bought them 10 times over with the money we waste. Buy Cheap buy twice!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #166: Sep 01, 2016 07:39:23 am
      People can have a go at fsg all day long but just be thankful we dodged the peter Lim bullet
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #167: Sep 01, 2016 08:13:11 am
      In 2014 we bought Markovic and Balotelli for 36 million and sold Suarez and Reina for 77 million what the F**k where we smoking. Im not arsed going back through all the windows FSG have been in charge but a pattern of sell off your top players and buy a rake of sh*te ones then hope it pays off. Then loan the sh*te out for 2 seasons and release the players at a massive loss to the club. Id love to see the money added up that we wasted on the likes of Aspas, L. Alberto,  Illori, Marko, Balo, Coates. To name a few im sure that list is far bigger. not only the transfer fee but the time they spend on loan dropping in value as the contract runs down.

Were going to need to start doing what city done and start spending mad money and paying huge wages to compete for the league. Acting like were broke in the transfer market isnt working and the league position reflects that for every season bar 1. Every year I see fans on this forum suggest top players who go on to be very successful at prem clubs eg. Aguero, Silva, Mata all mentioned on this site long before they ended up in england. Its such a waste we could have bought them 10 times over with the money we waste. Buy Cheap buy twice!

This all F***ing day.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #168: Sep 01, 2016 08:31:07 am
      It's not that I don't hold FSG responsible...but Jürgen has full on taken responsibility for the football at the club so I'm not sure how we reconcile that with blaming FSG.
      That's a fair point FL but when it comes to "taking full responsibility": it's what all football managers say but very few actually ever have. They toe the Company line and to 'show' they are in charge, they spoof a little; I wouldn't read too much into that.

I guess it all depends on where you believe the buck stops; with the 'player' or the man who picks the 'player'.

Or... with the man, who picks the man, who picks the 'player'.   ;)

I love the silly season and the daft sh*t which comes with it but I'm always glad when it's over. All down to football now...

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #169: Sep 01, 2016 08:36:29 am

Could it be that the overriding priority is shareholder dividends and boosting of executive wealth all on the back of LFC?

Said before NESV/FSG are utilising a very much more sophisticated system than that used by H&G, the end result is the same - the team and the club while bobbing about off the pace will never attain the glory while under the control of self-serving individuals such as these.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #170: Sep 01, 2016 08:42:40 am
      That's a fair point FL but when it comes to "taking full responsibility": it's what all football managers say but very few actually ever have. They toe the Company line and to 'show' they are in charge, they spoof a little; I wouldn't read too much into that.

I guess it all depends on where you believe the buck stops; with the 'player' or the man who picks the 'player'.

Or... with the man, who picks the man, who picks the 'player'.   ;)

I love the silly season and the daft sh*t which comes with it but I'm always glad when it's over. All down to football now...

''Silly season'' indeed mate, although it does seem like convenient naivety to explain away ownership shortcomings. 

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #171: Sep 01, 2016 08:46:52 am
      How many days till the January window opens?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #172: Sep 01, 2016 09:03:53 am
      How many days till the January window opens?

Can't wait to sell more players?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #173: Sep 01, 2016 09:09:12 am
      Overall not a bad window shifting 13 deadwood and getting in the likes of Karius, Matip, Grujic and Mane still to be convinced on Wijnaldum but early days.
      We have limited the number of new players brought in one go showing Jürgen is probably under no pressure and will slowly convert this squad into his team over a couple of years.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #174: Sep 01, 2016 09:11:09 am
      I don't believe all your problems are solved by simply spending money on players - but let's see how Chelsea (£91M) and both Manchester clubs (about £150M each) get on compared to us who have banked a profit this summer.

I couldn't imagine Mourinho electing to retrain Schweinsteiger as a left back when he could erm, go and buy a left-back, for example.

I hope we're all smiling at the end of the season - I hope we're all pissing our pants about how much everyone else wasted whilst we romp home 20 points clear - but I'm getting more than a little frustrated with the 9th richest football club in the world trying to pretend to be the 900th.

Liverpool want to be the most clever football club in the world off the field while I, and probably you, want them to be the best on it.
      The question is though would you then be happy winning the league because we out spent our rivals or at least matched them, or are we going to hang on to the notion of doing it the right way / the cheap way or the extremely lucky way , 

Personally I don't think there's a right or wrong way the manager assembles what he considers his best troops and leads a full on assault at it , it's not quite true that the best players win all the trophys , I mean even Traore has a champions league medal how hard can it be .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #175: Sep 01, 2016 09:30:26 am
      Can't wait to sell more players?
      :laugh:
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #176: Sep 01, 2016 09:52:33 am
      Apart from being complicit in the rising of ticket prices and the expensive nature it is to watch it on tv nowadays, in the process keeping out the working classes who made and propped up the game for decades before. That wrinkly old, scheming, law breaking, phone hacking, Scum owning old scrote Murdoch can kiss my arse!

Don't see how Sky are complicit in increased ticket rises? If anything the £ they are funneling into English football should allow the cost of watching football to be rock bottom, it's the clubs who chose not to pass this on to fans.
      And yeah News Corp are major shareholders in BSkyB but they dont have full control, BsykB has its own independent board of directors etc
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #177: Sep 01, 2016 10:06:56 am
      The question is though would you then be happy winning the league because we out spent our rivals or at least matched them, or are we going to hang on to the notion of doing it the right way / the cheap way or the extremely lucky way , 

£32 on Benteke, £35 on Carroll, £20m on Lazar Marković... What is so cheap about buying players at a over inflated price that (a) do not fit the system, (b) are slight above average and (c) when a&b are realized we have real trouble getting rid of??...

It is so much cheaper in the long run if we buy the right players and the best players for the job….

You are dealing with young kids these days who rarely have any real loyalty to a club, and who have agents and WAGS whispering in their ear, "If the Club really rate you then they will show it by how much they pay you" and Clubs and Managers who seem to back up what it is that the agents and WAGS are saying by themselves showing no real loyalty to the players themselves...

The time has long passed when we (LFC) or any other club can try and do thing in what was considered "The Right Way"…It is all about the “Money” and the “Glory” and how quick a player can archive both… With the “Model” that FSG has put forward, and the parameters of the “Model” that Jürgen Klopp and any other Manager at LFC under FSG would have to work with, Regardless of if the manager has final say on a player or not; the only thing that would be guaranteed is a pay day for FSG and Liverpool FC cultivating young talent to be sold on at a later day for vast sums of money, and any success achieved would be coincidental… Suarez (£22.7M) sold for £75m… Sterling (£600,000) sold for £49m….Coutinho (£8.5m) sold for??...
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #178: Sep 01, 2016 10:08:34 am
      Strange transfer window in many ways

On the plus side, to get around £75m back in fees, and get rid of Balotelli has to be positive

Still thought we need a left back , and possibly a striker / GK

But one thing you cannot argue with - this is most assuredly Klopp's squad now.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #179: Sep 01, 2016 10:16:32 am
      Strange transfer window in many ways

On the plus side, to get around £75m back in fees, and get rid of Balotelli has to be positive

Still thought we need a left back , and possibly a striker / GK

But one thing you cannot argue with - this is most assuredly Klopp's squad now.

If I was convinced that there is a war-chest of at least £50M sitting in reserve I would share your sentiments, unfortunaltely I don't think there is
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #180: Sep 01, 2016 10:26:15 am

If I was convinced that there is a war-chest of at least £50M sitting in reserve I would share your sentiments, unfortunaltely I don't think there is

Alfie, Klopp is on record stating the funds are there if he requires them, is he bullshitting us?...I think he just wants to do things his way & we have to respect that.

Klopp is fully aware of expectations & knows the holes in the LB position but I doubt for one second he has not addressed this blindly but has a plan in place...

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #181: Sep 01, 2016 01:43:09 pm
      No more Balotelli at the club I love, I'm living in heaven now, so if I meet god I'll ask him why Klopp not sign a leftback then I will tell you all later :D.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #182: Sep 01, 2016 02:53:39 pm
      Disappointed, and not because we didn't incur positive net spending this summer, but because the money WAS there to address the problem areas that, somehow, still remain at this club. Failing to replace Moreno, failing to find a solid defensive midfielder and failing to find a striker will IMO, prove to be our downfall if a downfall is the case.

Klopp is Klopp. He's not going to buy for the sake of buying, sure, and that's a good thing. That said, we've had all summer to find good, adequate replacements for the likes of Moreno. A converted James Milner at LB does not reassure me. The injury records of Sturridge and Ings does not reassure me. Our noticeably weak central midfielder does not reassure me. The problem areas are obvious to all, and the money was there to have that addressed.

It'll be an interesting season..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #183: Sep 01, 2016 06:05:24 pm
      The negative net spend has bothered people but it is not a bad thing, it's a good thing. There are reasons why this has happened.

1: We don't need a huge squad because we are not in Europe this season.
      2: Got rid of a lot a junk, many players Brendan brought in.
      3: Gives our current team a chance to develop into established Liverpool players.

I want to focus on point 3 more. 
      I heard people say we lack a DM. Nonsese. Here is a list of players who can play DM.

Can
      Grujic
      Matip
      Lucas
      Stewart

I heard we are lacking a LB, I won't put Moreno in this list since I don't class him as a left back. I class him as Sunday league quality, but we do have options there.

Gomez
      Milner
      Klavan
      Matip as a push.

Where exactly are we lacking depth? One more LB would have been nice, but we aren't exactly short on players overall.
      Our attacking is probably the best in the league now. There is no way we need another striker.

Firmino
      Sturridge
      Origi
      Mane
      Ings

The way people complain is like people expected us to finish the transfer season looking like Barcelona.
      Right now, we only know we could do with one more left back. In the winter window we will be more aware of how to strengthen our squad.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2016 06:16:13 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply