Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

93% of LFC fans unsatisfied with left back

Read 5919 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: 93% of LFC fans unsatisfied with left back
      Reply #23: Sep 12, 2016 09:58:26 pm
      If we continue with a back four we will need a LB, otherwise the balance is off.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Sep 12, 2016 10:05:02 pm
      Who are the 7%, and whats wrong with them?

Moreno his mum his dad and his uncle ,,,,,,,,
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Sep 13, 2016 02:51:15 am
      Well he's getting a new contract according to Paul Joyce.

Clearly for financial protection but funny nonetheless.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Sep 13, 2016 03:12:03 am
      He's under contract for another 3 years, I don't see how it's necessary or how he's worthy of a new deal. He's been dog sh*t for 2 years straight (except for a month or so).
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #27: Sep 13, 2016 04:22:44 am
      Funny this coming from the BBC, where the highest rating player was from Utd, and goes on to analyse our LB position.

to be fair,  if we had de gea, i think 98.5 % of our fans would be satisfied as well.  the guy is a fantastic keeper!

and i also have voiced my concern regarding the LB position before.  i get why klopp doesnt want to overpay but sometimes you gotta look at the other angle, what will it cost if you cheap out now and on field performances suffer

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #28: Sep 13, 2016 05:36:26 am
      i get why klopp doesnt want to overpay but sometimes you gotta look at the other angle, what will it cost if you cheap out now and on field performances suffer

it's not "cheaping out" if you don't buy a player you don't want to buy..

what will it cost if we overpay for some average player and isn't the difference between Champions League and Europa League? what if he actually isn't the magical difference between 4th and 5th?

there is no guarantee whatsoever that the likes of Digne or Hector would have improved our chances of getting top 4. they could have died the day after signing. we have to stop living in fantasy land and start living in reality in order to progress.

the difference we would see in our season whether we had Hector, Digne, Chillwell, Moreno, Milner, Cissokho at LB is far far far less than we have heard too much about.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29: Sep 13, 2016 08:11:52 am
      Digne went to barca, chilwell and hector got new contracts. I am pretty convinced Jürgen knows fully well the need for a lb but as said before there isn't a queue around the door of quality lb's around. Better to wait for one you like before you buy instead of just jumping in.people moan when we spend seemingly too much for someone and then moan when we don't sign someone cos our valuation doesn't match ours. We have wasted far too much dough over the last 20 years or so.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #30: Sep 14, 2016 06:53:07 pm
      Digne went to barca, chilwell and hector got new contracts. I am pretty convinced Jürgen knows fully well the need for a lb but as said before there isn't a queue around the door of quality lb's around. Better to wait for one you like before you buy instead of just jumping in.people moan when we spend seemingly too much for someone and then moan when we don't sign someone cos our valuation doesn't match ours. We have wasted far too much dough over the last 20 years or so.

Think about what you're suggesting here. In all the leagues, across the entire world, there isn't a single Left Back better than Moreno? We're not talking about buying a world class Left Back who'd walk straight into Barcelona's side, just a left back with a modicum of talent and a brain. Are we supposed to believe there is there really no one out there that matches that? I don't think so.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31: Sep 14, 2016 09:24:05 pm
      People love Moreno. Don't you remember how well he played against Sevilla? He played the most important key pass in the game! Sevilla fans must have gave him MOTM. As for us... he was signed by the man who is professional at identifying fantastic talent with character that can't kick a ball. A man that doesn't feeling embarrassed when losing 7-0.

Quick Reply