Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Who signed Suarez?

Read 4939 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Who signed Suarez?
      Sep 09, 2016 08:56:27 am
      Hodgson made me feel ill listening to him.

Always bigging up the opposition to make his job look better.

The man is ...and was ... the lowest form of life and when he said within hours of being sacked by the F.A.

" I dont know what I am doing here !" ...it said everything.
      He was getting his cheque and that was all that mattered.

He had picked up £14 million over his time as England manager for leading the national team to their worst ever World Cup and then worst ever Euro performance.

Interesting what his first comments always were.

After the World Cup the first comment he made was " I'm not resigning" to hang on to the gravy train.

Creep
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Who signed Suarez?
      Reply #1: Sep 09, 2016 09:46:34 am
      Hodgson made me feel ill listening to him.

Always bigging up the opposition to make his job look better.

The man is ...and was ... the lowest form of life and when he said within hours of being sacked by the F.A.

" I dont know what I am doing here !" ...it said everything.
      He was getting his cheque and that was all that mattered.

He had picked up £14 million over his time as England manager for leading the national team to their worst ever World Cup and then worst ever Euro performance.

Interesting what his first comments always were.

After the World Cup the first comment he made was " I'm not resigning" to hang on to the gravy train.

Creep

As with all Liverpool managers I tried to support Hodgson for as long as I could, sadly he made that almost impossible with his actions.

Looking back it is difficult to find one redeeming memory of his tenure here.     
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2: Sep 09, 2016 09:53:01 am
      Wonder how many points we will lose this season because Jürgen didn't bring a left back in. Not only will we ship some goals, because lets face it, we will, but we won't be much of a threat going forward down that flank either.  Morenos final ball/crossing ability is downright woeful and Milner cuts inside and is too slow to beat a man basically.

The more I think about it the more I'm in complete disbelief we didn't bring anybody in. The amount of money that should be there and theres not one half decent left back in the world that can do a job for us?

Nah, f**k off.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #3: Sep 09, 2016 09:55:10 am
      As with all Liverpool managers I tried to support Hodgson for as long as I could, sadly he made that almost impossible with his actions.

Looking back it is difficult to find one redeeming memory of his tenure here.   

We signed Suarez!
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4: Sep 09, 2016 09:55:51 am
      Wonder how many points we will lose this season because Jürgen didn't bring a left back in. Not only will we ship some goals, because lets face it, we will, but we won't be much of a threat going forward down that flank either.  Morenos final ball/crossing ability is downright woeful and Milner cuts inside and is too slow to beat a man basically.

The more I think about it the more I'm in complete disbelief we didn't bring anybody in. The amount of money that should be there and theres not one half decent left back in the world that can do a job for us?

Nah, f**k off.

F***ing hell this is getting boring now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5: Sep 09, 2016 09:59:02 am
      F***ing hell this is getting boring now.

The difference between us finishing top four might be 3 points. It might be a point. It might even be on f**king goal difference. Bet you won't be saying it's boring to discuss then.

Edit - in fact, you are probably one of those gobshites who will then bring it up when it happens.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6: Sep 09, 2016 10:00:09 am

Kenny was in charge when we signed Suarez.

I think the best you can hope for is Mireles...we made a profit on him at least.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Sep 09, 2016 10:02:08 am

Nah, f**k off.

were going to have to let this go because there is no answer which makes any sense whatsoever which can only mean we don't have all the facts. Judging by Moreno's baby walking antics the other day his brain cells have not be multiplying and Milner still hasn't grown a left foot. Milner and Moreno are not the answer so you have to believe Jürgen has someone else planned for that position.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #8: Sep 09, 2016 10:04:00 am
      The difference between us finishing top four might be 3 points. It might even be a point. It might even be on f**king goal difference. Bet you won't be saying it's boring to discuss then.

Edit - in fact, you are probably one of those gobshites who will then bring it up when it happens.

No it won't be boring to discuss but it's not the end of the season is it?

I have said many times how surprising I find it that Klopp hasn't signed a left back. I'm completely shocked by it but I've come to terms with the transfer window shutting 9 days ago and a ball hasn't even been kicked since then.

Everyone knows we needed a left back. We didn't buy one. What are we going to do?

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #9: Sep 09, 2016 10:04:03 am
      were going to have to let this go because there is no answer which makes any sense whatsoever which can only mean we don't have all the facts. Judging by Moreno's baby walking antics the other day his brain cells have not be multiplying and Milner still hasn't grown a left foot. Milner and Moreno are not the answer so you have to believe Jürgen has someone else planned for that position.

Why not use Smith then? Clyne could have played LB and Flanno on the right.   Both of those options (although short term) are better than what we have now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #10: Sep 09, 2016 10:04:38 am

Probably miss out on top four.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #11: Sep 09, 2016 10:04:51 am

I think the best you can hope for is Mireles...we made a profit on him at least.

Erm...Konchesky?  :roll:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #12: Sep 09, 2016 10:05:16 am

Solely because of the left back position?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #13: Sep 09, 2016 10:08:25 am

I knew we should have kept him, he would have solved all our problems now... one thing about Hodgson he was always thinking ahead :)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #14: Sep 09, 2016 10:16:55 am
      Solely because of the left back position?

Could be, yes. People will defend Jürgen no matter what and look for other excuses like poor refereeing decisions in certain games, but the LB position will cause us all kinds of problems this season.

Who do you go with? Milner who will at least put a shift in and is pretty solid, but offers nothing going forward.  Or Moreno, who can't defend for toffee but atleast offers us a bit of natural width - as sh*te as he is on the ball.

Jurgens refusal to bring in a goal scorer will also bite him on the arse. Not adding any steel to the midfield either.

I remember when Brendan played midfielders out of position. You never heard 'oh maybe he is just waiting until he gets the right man for that position'. No, all you would hear is why is that clown playing Markovic at wing back.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15: Sep 09, 2016 10:41:14 am
      For me the problem is not necessarily Moreno, but Moreno in the system we play. Usually when you play such attacking wingbacks, you either play 3 at the back or with a defensive midfielder to cover. We do neither, so it exposes not only Moreno's lack of brains, but also makes it very difficult for him to recover.

This is exacerbated by the fact that our midfield players are right footed so their natural inclination is to move to the right rather than to their left...covering Clyne not Moreno.

Yes it is a very attacking system, but also one that is always going to be susceptible to conceding goals.     
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Sep 09, 2016 10:47:26 am

To true s@int,Kenny did indeed sign Suarez,I still recall the picture of Kenny welcoming Suarez to Liverpool in Spanish lingo.And Luis had a big grin on his face.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17: Sep 09, 2016 11:00:36 am
      To true s@int,Kenny did indeed sign Suarez,I still recall the picture of Kenny welcoming Suarez to Liverpool in Spanish lingo.And Luis had a big grin on his face.

That's not entirely correct. Suarez was signed when Kenny was in charge but a pre-release agreement had been signed six months before when Woy was in charge. Kenny's signing was Caroll, not Suarez. Make what you will of that irony.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Sep 09, 2016 11:24:48 am
      but a pre-release agreement had been signed six months before when Woy was in charge.
      That's a new one on me mate - I'm not saying you ain't right btw just that I only remember us nearly losing out because we low-balled [£12.8m] on our first offer and if we had signed a pre-agreement surely that would have already been sorted. Anyhows...

On Luis - I do remember reading the exact breakdown of his £65m transfer to Barcelona. Sixty-five F***ing million: what was he smoking?  :laugh: :laugh:

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #19: Sep 09, 2016 11:47:19 am
      See if we're not careful, we end up dictating to people not only the subject matter it's OK to talk about, we even end up dictating WHEN it's OK to talk about it too. If WE think it'should "too early" to say whether or not someone us going to be any good, why not just not get involved in the discussion?
      Totally agree with you bigmick, this a discussion were people are invited to give their opinion, and people should remember that no one opinion is right, by it's name it is just that, an opinion

Me, I've never been afraid to voice an early opinion. Mine are:
      I also totally agree with you here... No one should be afraid to voice their opinion, but you (People) should make allowances that thier opinion could be wrong

Wijnaldum is going to be a top player for us, but so far has been quiet.

Mane is playing well bit IMHO isn'the quite as good as he's looked so far.

Origi isn't good enough.

Branaghan and Ojo aren't good enough.

Matip will be decent, but not spectacular.

Lallana will be our player of the season and get nominated in the players awards.

We'll win Saturday 4-0.
      And you (people) should be prepared for others to disagree with your opinions...
      Nice post Bigmick
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #20: Sep 09, 2016 11:52:55 am
      I don't believe that Kenny signed Luis Suarez did he?... Was there not a deal in place for Suarez before Kenny took over?...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21: Sep 09, 2016 12:02:27 pm
      That's not entirely correct. Suarez was signed when Kenny was in charge but a pre-release agreement had been signed six months before when Woy was in charge. Kenny's signing was Caroll, not Suarez. Make what you will of that irony.

Really doubt that mate. Suarez got a 7 match ban for biting someone at the end of November and was banned till February, I think that was the catalyst for his sale.

We tried to lowball Ajax who then gave an ultimatum that if we didn't finalise the deal quickly they would not sell him.

I also think the fact that Torres was unsettled helped us decide to pay the extra and sign him in the hope of persuading Torres to stay... needless to say it didn't work.   
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22: Sep 09, 2016 12:04:08 pm
      I just checked, wanted further evidence to back up my accessions
      found this... The source is Liverpool Kop and what KD himself told the Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/12/debunking-lfc-myths-14-kenny-dalglish-signed-luis-suarez.html
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #23: Sep 09, 2016 12:29:00 pm
      found this... The source is Liverpool Kop and what KD himself told the Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/12/debunking-lfc-myths-14-kenny-dalglish-signed-luis-suarez.html

I don't doubt we knew all about Suarez and were interested, but we have seen that interest with numerous players we never signed over the years Villa, Silva, Turan etc etc. It was under Kenny that Suarez was signed and I honestly doubt if we would have signed him then but for the bite lowering the fee and Torres moaning.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #24: Sep 09, 2016 12:43:25 pm

Just a quick heads up... Jamie Kenwar (owner/writer on liverpool-kop) is a c**t of the highest order; anything but a Red and makes money from true Reds with click-bait.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Sep 09, 2016 01:02:28 pm

The truth is it was Jose Segura who recommended Suarez to Rafa, all the hard work had already been done before Hodgson, who only watched a game or two, Segura also recommended Meireles on Hodgsons appointment based on previous scouting.

P.S Jamie Kanwar is a F**k nugget that won't credit Rafa, he's one of his biggest detractors.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #26: Sep 09, 2016 01:07:03 pm
      Just a quick heads up... Jamie Kenwar (owner/writer on liverpool-kop) is a c**t of the highest order; anything but a Red and makes money from true Reds with click-bait.

His headlines are so misleading. Clever to be fair
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Sep 09, 2016 01:13:21 pm
      Roy Hodgson's 10 to watch at 2010 world cup, prior to becoming LFC manager.  :f_whistle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/7803370/World-Cup-2010-Roy-Hodgsons-10-players-to-watch-in-South-Africa.html

No mention of an exciting Uruguayan.

Roy as usual, blowing smoke up his own arse.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Sep 09, 2016 01:30:18 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29: Sep 09, 2016 01:31:51 pm
      The truth is it was Jose Segura who recommended Suarez to Rafa, all the hard work had already been done before Hodgson, who only watched a game or two, Segura also recommended Meireles on Hodgsons appointment based on previous scouting.

P.S Jamie Kanwar is a f**k nugget that won't credit Rafa, he's one of his biggest detractors.

Rafa Benitez also played a part in scouting Suarez during his last year in charge, so, it transpires that Benitez, and his much-maligned succesor set the wheels in motion for the capture of Suarez.

Gives Rafa some credit but in the same sentence Woy too ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Sep 09, 2016 01:38:10 pm
      Roy Hodgson's 10 to watch at 2010 world cup, prior to becoming LFC manager.  :f_whistle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/7803370/World-Cup-2010-Roy-Hodgsons-10-players-to-watch-in-South-Africa.html

No mention of an exciting Uruguayan.

Roy as usual, blowing smoke up his own arse.

To be fair to Roy he did pick out Poulson as one to watch  :f_doh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #31: Sep 09, 2016 04:09:46 pm

That tw*t still peddling sh*te.  Debunking red myths..........my arse!!

He's still a F***ing shithouse from Bristol.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #32: Sep 09, 2016 04:34:29 pm

Ah, so this is why you keep posting hatred for Rafa then Real Donavan Reid, because you follow some ignorant fuckface who knows sweet f**k all from Bristol.

Suddenly all adds up now...

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Sep 09, 2016 06:12:26 pm
      Ah, so this is why you keep posting hatred for Rafa then Real Donavan Reid, because you follow some ignorant fuckface who knows sweet f**k all from Bristol.

A location doesn't make someone a fuckwit, not that I like Bristol as a city.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Sep 09, 2016 06:41:27 pm
      I think it's pretty clear that Comolli as DoF (or whatever title he had) was the person who actually signed him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35: Sep 09, 2016 08:45:57 pm
      I don't doubt we knew all about Suarez and were interested, but we have seen that interest with numerous players we never signed over the years Villa, Silva, Turan etc etc. It was under Kenny that Suarez was signed and I honestly doubt if we would have signed him then but for the bite lowering the fee and Torres moaning.

I can quite believe that...And btw  I was correcting Billy 1 (makes a change, I am normally the one being corrected here, ;D) It is just that I type slowly  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Sep 09, 2016 08:47:30 pm
      Thanks bbb, will take note of that
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37: Sep 09, 2016 08:49:36 pm

P.S Jamie Kanwar is a f**k nugget that won't credit Rafa, he's one of his biggest detractors.

;D... between bbb, and yourself I am being really schooled here, Thanks Red  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38: Sep 09, 2016 08:50:45 pm
      To be fair to Roy he did pick out Poulson as one to watch  :f_doh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #39: Sep 09, 2016 08:51:28 pm

He's still a f**king shithouse from Bristol.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Sep 09, 2016 09:04:47 pm
      Barcelona
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #41: Sep 09, 2016 09:06:57 pm

See! These questions get solved much quicker when they are split into their own topic. ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #42: Sep 09, 2016 09:08:30 pm

No sorry mate This is (I believe) the first and only time that I have read a article by Jamie Kenwar... I just feel that Rafa was a divisive figure at Liverpool. Had no problem with the player he bought in to the club, but his tactics and his man-management of them, the way he manipulated the supports... As a rule I will let what I read guide me, But I always make up my own mind about things and I try not to take nothing to heart after all It is just our opinions
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,339 posts | 1620 
      Reply #43: Sep 09, 2016 10:10:11 pm
      Can't believe I just read a thread on Roy fck wit hodgson that c**t and this club should never have been mentioned in the same breath , his ideas on football and Liverpool are about as far apart as a hookers thighs   . How the fck did he ever bribe his way through football still grates me when I hear his name mentioned .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Sep 09, 2016 10:42:44 pm

He's still a f**king shithouse from Bristol.

F**k me the internet 'myth busters' have really gone downhill since 9/11.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #45: Sep 10, 2016 10:53:02 am
      Unless he comes from Fuckwitville  >:D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #46: Sep 10, 2016 11:02:48 am

That's a Fuckwitonian.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Sep 10, 2016 11:20:53 am
      I'm going with Rafa bought Suarez along with Coutinho & Sterling,recommended we by Sturridge & sold us Gini...

;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: Sep 10, 2016 12:56:58 pm
      Barca signed him, so who gives a F**k.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #49: Sep 10, 2016 02:37:41 pm

Oh it does, massively!!

Manchester, for instance, is a city chocker full of fuckwits ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #50: Sep 10, 2016 02:38:51 pm
      It was Damien Comolli who signed Suarez.

So ner ner ner ner!!

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #51: Sep 10, 2016 04:14:00 pm
      Oh it does, massively!!

Manchester, for instance, is a city chocker full of fuckwits ;)

You say that, but the last few times I've travelled through Manchester Picadilly, I've seen more Liverpool tops than United or City ones.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #52: Sep 10, 2016 04:31:49 pm
      Really doubt that mate. Suarez got a 7 match ban for biting someone at the end of November and was banned till February, I think that was the catalyst for his sale.

We tried to lowball Ajax who then gave an ultimatum that if we didn't finalise the deal quickly they would not sell him.

I also think the fact that Torres was unsettled helped us decide to pay the extra and sign him in the hope of persuading Torres to stay... needless to say it didn't work.

It's true because there was media speculation at the time that he might not join after Hodge being given the boot and he dismissed it. This is from his official Wikipedia entry:

Transfer to Liverpool

During the suspension Ajax were in contact with other European clubs interested in Suárez; on 28 January 2011 they accepted a €26.5 million (£22.8 million) offer for Suárez from Premier League club Liverpool.[62][63] Despite leaving while suspended, Suárez departed Ajax on good terms, and he was given a farewell sendoff after an Ajax game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Su%C3%A1rez#Transfer_to_Liverpool

I have no idea who scouted him, no idea who did the deal, but the fact is he signed a pre-release contract with us whilst Hodge was manager and a contractual agreement with us when Kenny was in charge.

Does it really matter who signed him? Even had Hodge signed him, as a manager he still lacks even the slightest redeeming feature.

Quick Reply