Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Who signed Suarez?

Read 4972 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Who signed Suarez?
      Reply #23: Sep 09, 2016 12:29:00 pm
      I just checked, wanted further evidence to back up my accessions
      found this... The source is Liverpool Kop and what KD himself told the Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/12/debunking-lfc-myths-14-kenny-dalglish-signed-luis-suarez.html

I don't doubt we knew all about Suarez and were interested, but we have seen that interest with numerous players we never signed over the years Villa, Silva, Turan etc etc. It was under Kenny that Suarez was signed and I honestly doubt if we would have signed him then but for the bite lowering the fee and Torres moaning.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #24: Sep 09, 2016 12:43:25 pm
      found this... The source is Liverpool Kop and what KD himself told the Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/12/debunking-lfc-myths-14-kenny-dalglish-signed-luis-suarez.html

Just a quick heads up... Jamie Kenwar (owner/writer on liverpool-kop) is a c**t of the highest order; anything but a Red and makes money from true Reds with click-bait.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Sep 09, 2016 01:02:28 pm

The truth is it was Jose Segura who recommended Suarez to Rafa, all the hard work had already been done before Hodgson, who only watched a game or two, Segura also recommended Meireles on Hodgsons appointment based on previous scouting.

P.S Jamie Kanwar is a F**k nugget that won't credit Rafa, he's one of his biggest detractors.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #26: Sep 09, 2016 01:07:03 pm
      Just a quick heads up... Jamie Kenwar (owner/writer on liverpool-kop) is a c**t of the highest order; anything but a Red and makes money from true Reds with click-bait.

His headlines are so misleading. Clever to be fair
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Sep 09, 2016 01:13:21 pm
      Roy Hodgson's 10 to watch at 2010 world cup, prior to becoming LFC manager.  :f_whistle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/7803370/World-Cup-2010-Roy-Hodgsons-10-players-to-watch-in-South-Africa.html

No mention of an exciting Uruguayan.

Roy as usual, blowing smoke up his own arse.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Sep 09, 2016 01:30:18 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #29: Sep 09, 2016 01:31:51 pm
      The truth is it was Jose Segura who recommended Suarez to Rafa, all the hard work had already been done before Hodgson, who only watched a game or two, Segura also recommended Meireles on Hodgsons appointment based on previous scouting.

P.S Jamie Kanwar is a f**k nugget that won't credit Rafa, he's one of his biggest detractors.

Rafa Benitez also played a part in scouting Suarez during his last year in charge, so, it transpires that Benitez, and his much-maligned succesor set the wheels in motion for the capture of Suarez.

Gives Rafa some credit but in the same sentence Woy too ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Sep 09, 2016 01:38:10 pm
      Roy Hodgson's 10 to watch at 2010 world cup, prior to becoming LFC manager.  :f_whistle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/7803370/World-Cup-2010-Roy-Hodgsons-10-players-to-watch-in-South-Africa.html

No mention of an exciting Uruguayan.

Roy as usual, blowing smoke up his own arse.

To be fair to Roy he did pick out Poulson as one to watch  :f_doh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #31: Sep 09, 2016 04:09:46 pm

That tw*t still peddling sh*te.  Debunking red myths..........my arse!!

He's still a F***ing shithouse from Bristol.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #32: Sep 09, 2016 04:34:29 pm

Ah, so this is why you keep posting hatred for Rafa then Real Donavan Reid, because you follow some ignorant fuckface who knows sweet f**k all from Bristol.

Suddenly all adds up now...

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Sep 09, 2016 06:12:26 pm
      Ah, so this is why you keep posting hatred for Rafa then Real Donavan Reid, because you follow some ignorant fuckface who knows sweet f**k all from Bristol.

A location doesn't make someone a fuckwit, not that I like Bristol as a city.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Sep 09, 2016 06:41:27 pm
      I think it's pretty clear that Comolli as DoF (or whatever title he had) was the person who actually signed him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35: Sep 09, 2016 08:45:57 pm
      I don't doubt we knew all about Suarez and were interested, but we have seen that interest with numerous players we never signed over the years Villa, Silva, Turan etc etc. It was under Kenny that Suarez was signed and I honestly doubt if we would have signed him then but for the bite lowering the fee and Torres moaning.

I can quite believe that...And btw  I was correcting Billy 1 (makes a change, I am normally the one being corrected here, ;D) It is just that I type slowly  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Sep 09, 2016 08:47:30 pm
      Thanks bbb, will take note of that
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37: Sep 09, 2016 08:49:36 pm

P.S Jamie Kanwar is a f**k nugget that won't credit Rafa, he's one of his biggest detractors.

;D... between bbb, and yourself I am being really schooled here, Thanks Red  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38: Sep 09, 2016 08:50:45 pm
      To be fair to Roy he did pick out Poulson as one to watch  :f_doh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #39: Sep 09, 2016 08:51:28 pm

He's still a f**king shithouse from Bristol.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Sep 09, 2016 09:04:47 pm
      Barcelona
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #41: Sep 09, 2016 09:06:57 pm

See! These questions get solved much quicker when they are split into their own topic. ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #42: Sep 09, 2016 09:08:30 pm

No sorry mate This is (I believe) the first and only time that I have read a article by Jamie Kenwar... I just feel that Rafa was a divisive figure at Liverpool. Had no problem with the player he bought in to the club, but his tactics and his man-management of them, the way he manipulated the supports... As a rule I will let what I read guide me, But I always make up my own mind about things and I try not to take nothing to heart after all It is just our opinions
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #43: Sep 09, 2016 10:10:11 pm
      Can't believe I just read a thread on Roy fck wit hodgson that c**t and this club should never have been mentioned in the same breath , his ideas on football and Liverpool are about as far apart as a hookers thighs   . How the fck did he ever bribe his way through football still grates me when I hear his name mentioned .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Sep 09, 2016 10:42:44 pm

He's still a f**king shithouse from Bristol.

F**k me the internet 'myth busters' have really gone downhill since 9/11.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #45: Sep 10, 2016 10:53:02 am
      A location doesn't make someone a fuckwit, not that I like Bristol as a city.
      Unless he comes from Fuckwitville  >:D

Quick Reply