Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pre Match: Liverpool FC V Hull City Saturday 24th Sept: 3:00pm

Read 11180 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool FC V Hull City Saturday 24th Sept: 3:00pm
      Reply #46: Sep 23, 2016 01:11:55 am
      I'll enjoy last week's Chelsea win more if we go and beat this lot.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Sep 23, 2016 02:52:24 am
      With the amount of high balls Man Utd will be pumping into the box, not a lot of people would fancy Mignolet's chances.

Not a Migs fan per se and I agree Karius will soon be the #1,but didn't Migs wear the gloves for both League Cup wins vs. them last season?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #48: Sep 23, 2016 07:23:02 am
      Reading between the lines, that's exactly what I took that as.

I took it the other way, that whatever decision he makes won't be one for the next five years and that both goalkeepers will have the chance to prove themselves.

Probably saying that to keep both players moral high, but that's how I understood what he was saying anyway.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #49: Sep 23, 2016 07:35:31 am
      If we start with the intensity,we showed against chelsea,hull are in for a very tough afternoon,but with Migs in goal they are capable of getting a goal or 2,still think we will run out comfortable winners 4-1.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #50: Sep 23, 2016 07:48:43 am
      Maddock(Mirror) reckons Karius will start on Saturday. Just speculating I reckon.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #51: Sep 23, 2016 10:18:27 am
      I actually find myself even enjoying press conferences now, let alone watching us play.  Must win game to keep up the good work of the past couple of weeks.  Good to be in the position of having so many players who are all playing well and pushing for starting places.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #52: Sep 23, 2016 01:38:52 pm
      Mike Phelan: 'Taking on Liverpool on your birthday is always something to look forward to I suppose. Tomorrow's a great opportunity for us - we've come a long way in a short space of time'

Spent a fair bit of the press conference going on about his contract.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCrxYgnBmmA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #53: Sep 23, 2016 02:38:59 pm
      Irrespective of what people say about us struggling against this sort of side after a good performance.

The Truth is that these are sh*te. This is one of the 3-4 easiest fixtures in the league and if we don't pick up max pts it will be down to our performance.

I'm pretty confident.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #54: Sep 23, 2016 02:44:14 pm
      Irrespective of what people say about us struggling against this sort of side after a good performance.

The Truth is that these are sh*te. This is one of the 3-4 easiest fixtures in the league and if we don't pick up max pts it will be down to our performance.

I'm pretty confident.

Yup, they want to steal our points, I hope the Boss F***ing drills it into the players to stop those thieving bas**rds Hull from swagging our points....

Fancy us 5-1.... 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #55: Sep 23, 2016 02:45:29 pm
      Would like Studge thru the middle. The question is should it be Bobby or Cou who'll make way? Otherwise the standard back 4 and the mid-3. Will be interesting if Karius starts, would probably say Jürgen has been desperate for him to get fit.

Karius
      Clyne-Matip-Lovren-Milner
      Lallana-Hendo-Gini
      Mane-Studge-Coutinho

Subs- Migs, Klavan, Moreno, Can, Grujic, Origi, Firmino
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #56: Sep 23, 2016 02:59:33 pm
      Seems to me that anytime Studge picks up a knock that limits him in any way, Klopp makes him work his way back in to the starting XI. Therefore I think we start like this:
                     Migs
      Clyne  Matip  Lovren  Milner
                    Hendo
               Lallana    Gigi
         Mane               Couts
                   Firmino   
      I know I'm more than likely in the minority here, but I don't think Migs deserves to be automatically replaced quite yet.           
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #57: Sep 23, 2016 03:15:11 pm
      I know I'm more than likely in the minority here, but I don't think Migs deserves to be automatically replaced quite yet.         

I kind of agree. I don't know why but I do.

Seems unfair to drop him after we've had such a good start to the season. He's made some good saves too.

Surely we're better having two keepers trying to keep each other out of the team than having Karius as number 1 and Mignolet on the bench with absolutely zero confidence?

It's comforting to know that if he does make a howler then Karius can come straight in and maybe Mignolet will step up his game.

Migs will be in goal tomorrow I reckon.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #58: Sep 23, 2016 03:39:14 pm
      Hull at home?

I'd go 2-1-7  :laugh:
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #59: Sep 23, 2016 03:41:38 pm
      Klopp: We need to be angry against Hull
      “We need to be angry v Hull,” said Klopp. “They want our points. We have to think about why people think we have problems against bus-parking. I don’t know why people think we have problems with this? I didn’t see too much space against Chelsea [last Friday].

“It will be difficult. But if we accept before that it is difficult then we can perform and that is what we should do. We have to go to Anfield on Saturday afternoon in the most positive mood we have ever been in. I know we will ready.”

Klopp remains undecided over who will be in goal. Simon Mignolet had started every match this season up to Tuesday’s 3-0 EFL Cup victory at Derby County, when the summer signing Loris Karius started. The £4.7m arrival from Mainz played in pre-season until he broke a hand and was sidelined.

Karius was relatively untroubled at Derby but did impress with his sweeping abilities having regularly taken a starting position just outside the penalty area. “It is not the place to announce line-ups but of course we have to think about it, but in a positive way,” said Klopp on Thursday. “I was never a goalkeeper – my father was so I am a little bit experienced with goalkeepers – but it is obviously a little bit different to an outfield player as no one asks whether he can start this day and another player can start the next.

“I am not sure I will make a final decision for the next game but it doesn’t mean we will go like this for the next five years.”

He added: “It is a decision at a very high level because I am really happy with both of them, but there is nothing to say about this here. Like always, when I decide for the next game then it is a decision for a player and not against another player – you will have to wait and see.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/22/Jürgen-klopp-calls-on-liverpool-to-be-angry-against-hull-city

Migs/Karius...

“I am not sure I will make a final decision for the next game but it doesn’t mean we will go like this for the next five years.”

Hmm.

Think that's a polite way of saying it's Karius, however Migs might get a chance 3 or 4 years down the line.

Loved the way Jürgen compared a chance missed at say Chelsea to one missed at Burnley.

Maybe we do need to take a look at ourselves. If we were consistently positive no matter the opponent maybe those Burnley results wouldn't happen as often.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: Sep 23, 2016 04:42:00 pm
      Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  3m3 minutes ago
      Karius will make his Premier League debut tomorrow. It’s a crushing blow for Simon Mignolet , who had hoped to return. #lfc (James Pearce)

:f_whistle:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Sep 23, 2016 04:51:37 pm
      Karius will make his Premier League debut tomorrow. It’s a crushing blow for Simon Mignolet , who had hoped to return. #lfc (James Pearce)

If true then so be it. Regardless of what we think of him as a goalkeeper, he's a total professional who will no doubt work very hard to compete with Karius.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #62: Sep 23, 2016 05:04:14 pm
      Potential banana skin this game against Hull at home. Still I have gone for a win, with a clean sheet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #63: Sep 23, 2016 05:10:29 pm

I do actually feel for Migs a little bit as he has been much imroved this season but that is the nature of football and if he works hard then he has every chance of knocking on the door again, but hopefully Karius will make that role his own now.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #64: Sep 23, 2016 05:11:44 pm

I think it is a sensible decision if true. If Karius makes a mistake against Hull it won't be the end of the World (hopefully), if he made the same mistake against the mancs instead, it might hang over him like a bad smell for a while as it did with Dudek.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #65: Sep 23, 2016 05:15:13 pm
      I swear to Fowler, if we dont win this match I'll be super pissed!
      I wont see it as I'm going to an Irish league game, so I'll try and resist the temptation to find out the result, and watch MOTD.
      3-1 Reds.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #66: Sep 23, 2016 06:59:30 pm
      I do actually feel for Migs a little bit as he has been much imroved this season but that is the nature of football and if he works hard then he has every chance of knocking on the door again, but hopefully Karius will make that role his own now.

He's f***in hopeless mate had 3 years to earn his stripes time to give someone else a shot
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #67: Sep 23, 2016 07:03:38 pm
      Im sorry but as soon as Karius signed it was the end had enough chances and regardless of the average start he has had you know only to well clangers around the corner no point waiting for it to happen.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #68: Sep 23, 2016 07:15:58 pm
      This has home draw written all over it.

But im hoping for a win ;D

Quick Reply