Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hull?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.7%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (1.5%)
      James Milner
      49 (35.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (6.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      41 (29.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (6.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      23 (16.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.5%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Sep 28, 2016 04:53:37 pm

Liverpool 5-1 Hull City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29004 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Re: Liverpool 5-1 Hull City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Sep 25, 2016 04:48:54 pm
      Really beginning to hit top form, keep it up for the visit of the Mancs, early next month.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #323: Sep 25, 2016 05:18:37 pm
      I had ourselves, Chelsea and City for the top three. Looks like Chelsea will be struggling to keep up already.

We have a nice run coming up and after the performance yesterday, nothing to suggest we can't win them all right through to December.

Just need everyone to stay fit. The competition for places is really pushing some lads to give it their all. Keep this team together and we could have a season to remember.

I thought the Mancs and Chelsea would both be doing much better than they are, to be honest I'm truly shocked how poor Chelsea are, I thought they'd be winning 1-0 all over the place with Conte in charge.

I don't rate Mourinho too highly these days but I thought they'd spent so much that even with him they'd be formidable, but right now I think we'd stuff them, we'll soon find out.

Arsenal are doing typical Arsenal things, looking good but will probably fade. I watched their game against Chelsea (even had them to win 4-0/ 5-0 shockers that they didn't!) and while they were very good in the first half I don't think they were so far ahead of Chelsea that we have to worry too much about them. With already beating them away from home when they do come to Anfield I'll be very confident indeed of putting them away.

I know you say winning everything up until December with seriousness and it is indeed possible, but if we do actually manage that then my fears of inconsistency will fade and I'd say that the title is very much on the cards. Maintain over 2 points per game through to Christmas and I'll be more than happy with how we're doing to be honest.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #324: Sep 25, 2016 05:26:10 pm
      I thought the Mancs and Chelsea would both be doing much better than they are, to be honest I'm truly shocked how poor Chelsea are, I thought they'd be winning 1-0 all over the place with Conte in charge.

I don't rate Mourinho too highly these days but I thought they'd spent so much that even with him they'd be formidable, but right now I think we'd stuff them, we'll soon find out.

Arsenal are doing typical Arsenal things, looking good but will probably fade. I watched their game against Chelsea (even had them to win 4-0/ 5-0 shockers that they didn't!) and while they were very good in the first half I don't think they were so far ahead of Chelsea that we have to worry too much about them. With already beating them away from home when they do come to Anfield I'll be very confident indeed of putting them away.

I know you say winning everything up until December with seriousness and it is indeed possible, but if we do actually manage that then my fears of inconsistency will fade and I'd say that the title is very much on the cards. Maintain over 2 points per game through to Christmas and I'll be more than happy with how we're doing to be honest.

Had the same thought about Chelsea with the 1-0's (even had Courtois and Cahill in my FPL team, the bas**rds). Shocked they have leaked so many. Maybe when they have Luiz in for Terry it makes more sense.

I have no fears about the red Mancs. Still so many gaps in that team and Mourinho won't develop what they have, unlike Jürgen with our lads. He'll just wait to sell them and bring in someone new. Even Ibra's effect on the team will wane, i think. Once the wear and tear of the league catches up on him, he'll struggle. We've even seen moments of it already. I'd wager plenty of money he finishes with less than 20 goals this season in all comps.

He'll probably have more issues to address next season with arguably a left back, right back, midfielder partner for Pogba, and a handful of attackers needed.

There's a window of opportunity for us here. If we take it, we could set ourselves up for a long time to come.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #325: Sep 25, 2016 09:37:17 pm
      Brilliant result.
      Can't help but notice how slimmer and leaner players like ;
      Milner
      Lallana
      Lovren
      Can
      Coutinho
      even Henderson has shed a few pounds

Jürgen's way of making them hungrier for the ball..
      Great movement on and off the ball from all our lads
      Made Hull look really really sh*te if I'm honest..embarrassing..

Even our goalkeeper wants in on it by the looks of things.. ;D

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #326: Sep 25, 2016 09:58:35 pm
      Brilliant result.
      Can't help but notice how slimmer and leaner players like ;
      Milner
      Lallana
      Lovren
      Can
      Coutinho
      even Henderson has shed a few pounds

Jürgen's way of making them hungrier for the ball..
      Great movement on and off the ball from all our lads
      Made Hull look really really sh*te if I'm honest..embarrassing..

Even our goalkeeper wants in on it by the looks of things.. ;D

Agree with you there. Remember Lallana pretty much falling into the arms of Klopp after being substituted in Jürgen's first match against Spurs last year? Looked like he had run a marathon!

Intriguing to see the payoff of bringing in the likes of Kornmayer and a nutrition team led by Mona Nemmer is having. They definitely look fitter.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #327: Sep 25, 2016 10:01:59 pm
      Karius :  That really is high pressing !

;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #328: Sep 25, 2016 10:20:04 pm
      First chance I've been able to get on here since the Match.

Get the F**k in.

Well done lads. Onwards and Upwards.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #329: Sep 26, 2016 12:34:36 am
      Just got back from a weekend away. Not gone for a motm cause I haven't seen anything of the game, just the result. Sounds like we played well, scored some quality goals, yet still conceded one. Against 10 men was it, or before the sending off ?
      Be good to see us as dominant against a swans 11, then l will start to believe.
      Great result anyway, and a good 3 points with a jump in goal average as well.
      Couldn't have wished fo a better birthday on Saturday.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #330: Sep 26, 2016 01:28:59 am
      This all makes sense now. He tells the fans not to sing his name until we've won. He tells the players he wants his name sung. Clearly that's why we keep winning lately ;)
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #331: Sep 26, 2016 02:19:56 am
      brilliant result, was nervous about this match - but the boys were brilliant (Aside from another sloppy goal to give away).

have to give a special shout out to Milner as he is playing well in a position that is foreign to him
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #332: Sep 26, 2016 10:37:18 am
      I was away this weekend so didn't go the match  :(

Finally caught up with most of the highlights though.  It looked to me as if it was a slow tempo game, almost like a practice match. That said, we can only beat whats infront of us and yet again we tore our opponents apart and came away with a very impressive result.

The lads and Jürgen are on fire at the moment and they deserve all the praise they get.  Confidence/Mentality in football is  massive and we are starting to put a bit of a run together now. Our lads will begin to feel invincible and our opponents will really start to fear us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #333: Sep 26, 2016 10:40:07 am
      It looked to me as if it was a slow tempo game, almost like a practice match. 

I don't think it was, mate. We tore them apart. Everyone was on the move in attack, taking up great positions and they never had the ball in our half. Every time they had the ball, they were shut down by our frontline and forced to boot it away.

The very definition of a crushing performance. They got a goal from a set piece where we should've got a free kick.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #334: Sep 26, 2016 11:40:20 am
      Love how well we're playing  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #335: Sep 26, 2016 11:52:15 am
      Finally caught up with most of the highlights though.  It looked to me as if it was a slow tempo game

Think your TV's on the way out mate. ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #336: Sep 26, 2016 01:18:03 pm
      Another boss result and performance, keep it up lads.

Quick Reply