Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

If Bayern want Klopp as next boss - would he go?

Read 8622 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: If Bayern want Klopp as next boss - would he go?
      Reply #23: Sep 26, 2016 05:37:36 am
      Freedom of speech and all, but isn't it a bit silly to discuss about a manager leaving after he has been here 5 minutes? I don't need to be a genius to work out Klopp will get us into the champions league and want to stay. He has built the best Liverpool side I have seen in my generation.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2016 07:17:08 am
      Klopp is our best chance to bring home no 19,he knows what it means to this club to do that,he is starting to work his magic,and what we have seen in the last few games,is there for all to see,Klopp's brand of heavy metal football,few teams can live with us at the moment,and long may it continue.He is one of the best managers in the world so of course Bayern would be interested in his services,if he wants to go,but i don't see it,he wants to achieve great things here,and he will do.I am sure he has read (heard) the rumor's,maybe at the next presser he can re-assure everyone he isn't going anywhere,and nip it in the bud.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2016 07:19:41 am
      There's probably only one answer that he'd give and I think it would result in a new song finding it's way on to the kop. Something along the lines of...

The famous Bayern Munich phoned the reds to tap up Klopp

Oh The famous Bayern Munich phoned the reds to tap up Klopp

Oh The famous Bayern Munich phoned the reds to tap up Klopp... And this is what he said...

F**k OFF!

Was gonna write it in german but it's too early... Even to use Google translate.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #26: Sep 26, 2016 10:20:49 am
      Nah, he has stated several times that he enjoys a project - Bayern is too easy of a job for Jürgen. 

Jürgen had several offers but turned them down because he was waiting for Liverpool.  Once he takes us to the top he may consider a career change then but I think we've got him now until we are serious contenders on all fronts.

I think Jürgen will avoid any 'super club' until he fails in one of his projects. If this ever happened, then he would have to rebuild his reputation quickly and it would be very easy to do so at a club like Bayern. 

Somebody mentioned Jürgen taking over at one of the Milan clubs next, that's not a bad shout.

I'm not worried though, I'm pretty sure we've got him for a good few years yet.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #27: Sep 26, 2016 01:53:29 pm
      He has built the best Liverpool side I have seen in my generation.

Unless you weren't watching us in 13/14 or during the Rafa era, then this simply isn't true.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #28: Sep 26, 2016 01:54:12 pm
      By the way, I don't think there's a chance he goes.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #29: Sep 26, 2016 02:48:43 pm
      Nah, he has stated several times that he enjoys a project - Bayern is too easy of a job for Jürgen. 

Jürgen had several offers but turned them down because he was waiting for Liverpool.  Once he takes us to the top he may consider a career change then but I think we've got him now until we are serious contenders on all fronts.

I think Jürgen will avoid any 'super club' until he fails in one of his projects. If this ever happened, then he would have to rebuild his reputation quickly and it would be very easy to do so at a club like Bayern. 

Somebody mentioned Jürgen taking over at one of the Milan clubs next, that's not a bad shout.

I'm not worried though, I'm pretty sure we've got him for a good few years yet.

Think that's a bit of a reach. I think FSG were waiting on him more than him us
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #30: Sep 26, 2016 03:00:00 pm

I think there were probably 3 or 4 English clubs that he was willing to join and we happened to be on that list and the first of those clubs that needed to replace a manager.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2016 03:03:13 pm

I think there were probably 3 or 4 English clubs that he was willing to join and we happened to be on that list and the first of those clubs that needed to replace a manager.

The timing of the previous managers departure was strange given his backing in the summer. It was purely down clearly to Klopp's availability
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2016 03:25:42 pm
      And who the F**k are Bayern!!

The board should, but probably wouldn't tell the Kraut cu*ts to F***ing do one if they ever did!!

That would be left to Herr Klopp himself ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2016 04:42:59 pm by HUYTON RED »
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2016 03:33:10 pm
      By the time Ancelotti will be replaced, Kloop will likely have won the league two or three times with us, so I'd say he may agree to seek a new challenge at Bayern but it's not a big deal.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #34: Sep 26, 2016 03:34:13 pm
      The timing of the previous managers departure was strange given his backing in the summer. It was purely down clearly to Klopp's availability

I completely disagree. Obviously the fact that Klopp and Ancelotti were both available will have come into the decision (if you can't get anyone better, no point making a change), but I think the main reasons were the form, the atmosphere, and the ever-changing tactics.

Everyone knew Klopp was available in the summer. Even if he had wanted a long break, it would not have been difficult for FSG to speak to his camp and find out if he'd be willing to join once he returned from his hiatus. If they had done that, no way do they back Rodgers fully in the summer.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #35: Sep 26, 2016 03:37:21 pm
      I think FSG believed in Rodgers in some extent and really wanted to let him a chance, it's as simple as that.

Would LFC have been in top 4 by last october we'd never have signed Jürgen. They just reacted to his lack of results.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #36: Sep 26, 2016 03:38:37 pm
      I completely disagree. Obviously the fact that Klopp and Ancelotti were both available will have come into the decision (if you can't get anyone better, no point making a change), but I think the main reasons were the form, the atmosphere, and the ever-changing tactics.

Everyone knew Klopp was available in the summer. Even if he had wanted a long break, it would not have been difficult for FSG to speak to his camp and find out if he'd be willing to join once he returned from his hiatus. If they had done that, no way do they back Rodgers fully in the summer.

I think Klopp himself has said he wanted a sabbatical under no circumstances was he taking a job that summer but after a few months of holidaying got restless and wanted back...Rodgers results start of last season weren't great but they weren't awful either
      I can't remember who wrote the article but when Klopp joined I remember reading something from a guy that seemed to have an understanding of FSG and he was adamant Klopp was their guy from the very start they'd wanted him for years, so much so that they were willing to dispense of BR and the new coaching team he'd assembled only a few months previous as well as putting into question the position of his hand selected big money summer signing Benteke
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Sep 26, 2016 03:46:05 pm
      Ffs they can't let us have a minute to enjoy our footy anymore can they?

Just when all (most of) the rumblings of our piss poor summer window and the Burnley defeat were subsiding they go and throw this our way. 

Doesn't take much for our fans to get at each others throats for anything and everything that's been wrong at the Club for the last 25yrs and here we have yet another thread for an argument to develop.

Who gives a F**k when, why, who or how Jürgen arrived, just enjoy the fact we've got him  :mad:
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #38: Sep 26, 2016 03:50:22 pm
      Ffs they can't let us have a minute to enjoy our footy anymore can they?

Just when all (most of) the rumblings of our piss poor summer window and the Burnley defeat were subsiding they go and throw this our way. 

Doesn't take much for our fans to get at each others throats for anything and everything that's been wrong at the Club for the last 25yrs and here we have yet another thread for an argument to develop.

Who gives a f**k when, why, who or how Jürgen arrived, just enjoy the fact we've got him  :mad:

What? No one is at anyone's throat as far as I can tell... it's just a discussion and, evidently, the people involved in the discussion are interested in it. I can enjoy the fact that we've got him and still have this discussion. It's hardly mutually exclusive.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #39: Sep 26, 2016 03:59:12 pm
      I'd be more concerned if Buvac gets offered a managerial job somewhere and the braintrust gets split up.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #40: Sep 26, 2016 05:11:58 pm
      I'd be more concerned if Buvac gets offered a managerial job somewhere and the braintrust gets split up.

Nah, the Brains will use his brain & stay put... ;D

Just look at Pako & Rafa...Rafa has won trophies since they split,Pako won the treble with some Israeli team & now is bottom of La Liga.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #41: Sep 27, 2016 09:27:32 am

FSG could have gone in for him but they stuck with Brendan for the beginning of last season.

I saw an interview with Jürgen where he said he had tons of offers but politely declined them but as soon as Liverpool came calling he couldn't turn us down. He said he already admired us as a club, the project was something that appealed to him and then when he came over he said he fell in love with the club/city immediately. He basically went on to say that he knows all of that sounds cheesy but its true.  He also said if he wanted an easier job he could have had one - think he was referring to managing a club like Bayern.

Can't remember who the interview was with now but it was in a LFC magazine I read on a plane!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #42: Sep 27, 2016 10:39:42 am
      Just lazy journalism , Klopp is quite clearly the obvious choice given his record in Germany and there have been many articles linking him with Bayern before as there will be many more in the future.

Will he ever end up there?  Of all the clubs with mega bucks I think that's the only one that has any draw for him, which of course is natural giving it's his home country. What would be the enormous downside, in my opinion, is that there's nothing really to build there. There's nothing extra he could bring to the model that I think would truly motivate him. I understand that during his sabbatical there were reports that he'd indicated that he'd take over from Guardiola if he wasn't extending his contract but I'm not 100% convinced of that.

I think an awful lot depends on not only how successful he can make us but how consistently successful. Look at LFC from the outside and it's simple to understand that we are the dream legacy job for any manager. Managing to restore us to the top of the perch while competing in the richest league in the world, that would be something truly special to sign off with.

Barring a spectacular downfall in form I believe Jürgen will be here for a minimum of 7 years, beyond that it's down to the relationship he'll have with us at that time. If he feels his work is done, then he'll step away, otherwise I think we could quite easily be his last job in football management. How long that truthfully would take (he'd be mid 50's then) I'm not sure and if he is in it for the long grind. Football management seems extremely hard for these folk to step away from, it's so deep in their blood having been part of their lives for so long that moving away from it, I can imagine, is extremely difficult to comprehend let alone do.

So my best advice is just enjoy it right now and for as long as he's here, if you fret about him potentially leaving you'll spoil your chance to enjoy what we're building and what we may achieve. If he ever does leave I hope he leaves behind some fantastic memories and quite a few trophies to boot.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #43: Sep 27, 2016 10:58:15 am
      I can't see him ever going to Bayern but there seems to be a lot more transfers between Dortmund and Bayern than any other big rivalry in European football so you never know.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #44: Sep 27, 2016 12:12:15 pm
      I can't see him ever going to Bayern but there seems to be a lot more transfers between Dortmund and Bayern than any other big rivalry in European football so you never know.

Good point.  I don't know much about the inter-team rivalry in the Bundesliga.  Certainly seems that Dortmund-Bayern isn't like United-Liverpool.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #45: Sep 30, 2016 01:59:44 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3815452/Jürgen-Klopp-says-imagine-finishing-career-Liverpool-t-rule-return-Germany.html

Seems unlikely that he returns to Germany.

Quick Reply