Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool

Read 10629 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool
      Sep 26, 2016 10:37:35 am
      Don't know where to put this post but i have to rant.

One thing that's getting on my tits that i'm seeing in the media now is "Can Liverpool win the league?" and then to justify their opinion that we won't, they say "Liverpool will be burnt out very soon. Their football can't be maintained for a full season."

Anyone reckon Arsenal felt fresh chasing our lads around for 90 minutes? Chelsea? Leicester? We're averaging 61% of the ball this season. We're not running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes. We have the F***ing ball most of the time and the opposition is chasing us.

Brain dead pundits and arm-chair analysts just think we're a team built on just running around. We crush teams from the front without the ball and make them run ragged when we have it. Good luck dealing with it.

EDIT: We're gonna win the league.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool
      Reply #1: Sep 26, 2016 10:45:19 am

One thing that's getting on my tits that i'm seeing in the media now is "Can Liverpool win the league?" and then to justify their opinion that we won't, they say "Liverpool will be burnt out very soon. Their football can't be maintained for a full season."

Anyone reckon Arsenal felt fresh chasing our lads around for 90 minutes? Chelsea? Leicester? We're averaging 61% of the ball this season. We're not running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes. We have the F***ing ball most of the time and the opposition is chasing us.

Brain dead pundits and arm-chair analysts just think we're a team built on just running around. We crush teams from the front without the ball and make them run ragged when we have it. Good luck dealing with it.

Don't let it get to ya mate, last week we weren't gonna win it because we couldn't beat teams like Hull.

They'll keep coming up with bullshit reasons until it's obvious either we will or we won't.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #2: Sep 26, 2016 10:54:31 am
      Don't let it get to ya mate, last week we weren't gonna win it because we couldn't beat teams like Hull.

They'll keep coming up with bullshit reasons until it's obvious either we will or we won't.

I think we're in with a good shout this year and can only see us getting stronger and stronger.

The media will soon change their tune when we tear both of the Mancs a new one.

I think we're harder to play against than City and our attack is much more devastating.

Can't wait for May, because we're gonna be right up there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Sep 26, 2016 10:57:50 am

Anyone reckon Arsenal felt fresh chasing our lads around for 90 minutes? Chelsea? Leicester? We're averaging 61% of the ball this season. We're not running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes. We have the f**king ball most of the time and the opposition is chasing us.

I would ignore the majority of pundits in the UK at least as most of them are brain dead ex players like Robby Savage, Garth Crooks!!!

They simply don't understand that the modern game is all about pressing, flooding the opposition box with runners to create chaos for the defenders and there is nothing more potent than catching opposition teams in transition.

City and LFC are playing a type of football with tactics that the likes of Morinho would barely understand.
      Yet shitcoat is still the darling of the media with his prehistoric tactics!

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2016 11:05:04 am

Anyone reckon Arsenal felt fresh chasing our lads around for 90 minutes? Chelsea? Leicester? We're averaging 61% of the ball this season. We're not running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes. We have the f**king ball most of the time and the opposition is chasing us.

I think the opposite will happen myself, the players stamina will keep rising gradually as their body adapts to slightly more intensity being added during training.

It's simple conditioning and progressive overloading, just like doing the weights once you adapt you increase the load and adapt again.

Plus like you said were not running around like mad men all game and lately we're only using half a pitch anyway.

Furthermore the lads are still adapting to the counter press which will become more effective over the season which will also reduce the workload.

And... we are generally killing matches off within a few minutes anyway. Whether it's the beginning of the match or a little spell mid match like Arsenal.

Plus if we carry on like we are now for a few more weeks, and this is probably the most important one... Teams are already defeated before the match kicks off.

I mean imagine getting to the ground thinking you're potentially on the end of a 3,4 or 5 goal beating.

Must be horrible.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2016 11:33:31 am
      I think we're in with a good shout this year and can only see us getting stronger and stronger.

The media will soon change their tune when we tear both of the Mancs a new one.

I think we're harder to play against than City and our attack is much more devastating.

Can't wait for May, because we're gonna be right up there.

They see what they want to see is all mate.  They're using our drop off at the end of last season as a reason why it'll happen again this time but are failing to realise how many games we played from January onwards, more than any other team across the whole of Europe.

We can only keep doing what we're doing and see where we end up come May but we're in the best shape we've been in right across the pitch in terms of quality than we've been in for a very long time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2016 11:42:49 am

It's a lazy generalisation in the media.  Some rightly or wrongly don't fancy us so have to find themselves an angle that looks coherent on tele.

I'd imagine the team that gets beat in any game of football always feels more tired the next day than the team that won.

A good reason they could come up with would be something like the fact that many of the team haven't been involved in winning the Premier League and some of the others have been in a race and have come up short.

But the 'experts', pointing to us 'burning ourselves out' does seem a strange theory to pick especially this season when we don't have, for example, European midweek trips.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #7: Sep 26, 2016 11:48:02 am
      Come Christmas time, I'm going to look at how teams go the week after playing us. Reckon that'd be a fun stat.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Sep 26, 2016 11:51:01 am
      Danny Murphy was at it again Saturday - whilst we're ripping apart Hull he writes on BBC sports live update page: "Liverpool are dangerous but defensively poor and they'll be found out against the bigger teams"

So teams like Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea who we've got 7 points off so far this season away from home then Danny?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Sep 26, 2016 11:52:58 am
      Danny Murphy was at it again Saturday - whilst we're ripping apart Hull he writes on BBC sports live update page: "Liverpool are dangerous but defensively poor and they'll be found out against the bigger teams"

Danny Mills I think it was.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #10: Sep 26, 2016 11:58:34 am
      ''Liverpool will burn out very soon''

Hahaha wishful thinking you cu*ts!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: Sep 26, 2016 11:58:36 am

Fair enough - got the first name and first letter of his surname right at least ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #12: Sep 26, 2016 12:04:16 pm
      Fair enough - got the first name and first letter of his surname right at least ;D

And they've got the same hairstyle.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Sep 26, 2016 12:07:11 pm
      So far:

We've not spent enough.
      We don't have any star quality.
      There's better Managers in the league.
      Our defense isn't good enough.
      Our midfield isn't good enough.
      Studge is always injured.
      We've no squad depth.
      We're too inconsistent.
      We can't beat the bus parkers.
      We'll run out of steam.
      We'll suffer too many injuries.
      We'll be sussed out.
      Other clubs have better squads/individuals.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other reasons as the season unfolds  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14: Sep 26, 2016 12:14:53 pm
      Going to be even f**king sweeter when the commentators have to announce....

2016/17 Premier League winners are 'Liverpool Football Club' .....

Can't wait to hear Martin Tyler's voice...
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #15: Sep 26, 2016 12:24:30 pm

He'll probably dissappear up his own arse the piece of sh*t.

Id love to punch him in the throat whilst he is creaming himself about Martial taking the best short corner the world has ever seen.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #16: Sep 26, 2016 12:28:21 pm
      So far:

We've not spent enough.
      We don't have any star quality.
      There's better Managers in the league.
      Our defense isn't good enough.
      Our midfield isn't good enough.
      Studge is always injured.
      We've no squad depth.
      We're too inconsistent.
      We can't beat the bus parkers.
      We'll run out of steam.
      We'll suffer too many injuries.
      We'll be sussed out.
      Other clubs have better squads/individuals.

They just can't handle the thought of us overtaking the Scum.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #17: Sep 26, 2016 12:38:26 pm
      Well Martin keown likes the way we play so does Gullit , anyhow who gives a sh*t what the pundits think , our boss and players are entertaining us and making us smile fck the rest of them .
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #18: Sep 26, 2016 03:06:57 pm
      When we do suffer a couple of poor results later on in the season everyone in the media will claim it's down to fatigue, rather than just bad days at the office.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19: Sep 26, 2016 03:54:03 pm
      I actually think it's a fair argument to make, to be honest. Gegenpressing worked at Dortmund, but you have to remember a few things about the Bundesliga: 1) There are two less teams, so less fixtures; 2) There is a crucial winter break to allow recovery time, whereas England plays more compressed fixtures in the winter; 3) There is only one domestic cup competition; 4) Germany is more technical than it is physical, the opposite of the Premier League which cares more for athletes than footballers.

That said, our incompetence in the league last year meant we don't have European football, so we too only have three competitions. And there haven't really been any surprises in the first six fixtures besides Everton playing as well as they have, so it's likely going to be a battle between the big clubs. Our less fixtures should help tremendously. If there is a season to do it, it's this season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #20: Sep 26, 2016 04:09:52 pm
      1) There are two less teams, so less fixtures; 2) There is a crucial winter break to allow recovery time, whereas England plays more compressed fixtures in the winter; 3) There is only one domestic cup competition; 4) Germany is more technical than it is physical, the opposite of the Premier League

I think the first 3 points are certainly negated this time around because we're not playing any European football as you mention.  You could argue that Dortmund's title winning seasons has far more compressed Autumn's than we will have - plenty more recuperation throughout the season.

Some merit in your fourth point - we will just have to see on that score.  Interesting looking back at Dortmund's title winning season's cos they loved conceding the single goal in games as well!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Sep 26, 2016 04:12:43 pm
      Can I quote today's 26/9/16  Daily Telegraph sport section;

Liverpool  will not just outplay teams this season they will smother them into submission.

"They didnt give us a chance to breathe" reflected Hull's captain Curtis Davies  eulogising the the most "ruthless" and "fluent" attack he has faced this season.

A trip to Anfield is the closest defenders will get to understand how a fox feels when a pack of bloodhounds is on its trail.

Fact :

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY ONE YEARS  since LFC  last scored as many as 24 goals in the first eight games of the season.  Since 1896  four years after we woz born.

Tell the media to read the Telegraph and get a f**king education .
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #22: Sep 26, 2016 04:17:52 pm

Indeed it was, I read it and was pissed off at how lazy that generalisation is given the teams we have played so far (who were quite obviously the types of teams he was referring to). Useless pr**k who spouts generic nonsense in the same vein as Garth Crooks. Tries to sound intelligent but comes across as a fraud.

Another thing about the pundits, constantly in every review of our performances, go on about the Burnley game. Our only defeat of the season and not exactly the easiest of games going away to Turf Moor. Should we have won? Yes. Is it the disaster the media have made out? No.

F**k em, we're gonna win the league!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23: Sep 26, 2016 04:28:55 pm
      Another fact  :

We are in the lead on goals scored since October last year     .  71 .
      City second on 70.
      Spuds on 68.

I wonder what happened last year ... in October ? 
       ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2016 04:32:39 pm
      Can't be doing with all the 'we're going to win the league' sh*te myself. All a bit embarrassing.

Let's just see how we go, 1 game at a time.

Personally prefer it when the pundits has beens, and never were beens right us off as opposed to blowing smoke up our arse anyway.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2016 04:47:30 pm by fields of anny rd »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2016 04:33:00 pm
      A trip to Anfield is the closest defenders will get to understand how a fox feels when a pack of bloodhounds is on its trail.

Love that part, said myself in the match thread after our 2'nd goal i think.

Pleased he felt it too. :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Sep 26, 2016 04:34:31 pm
      There has been plenty of what crouchie has alluded to. But for me the debate has been oh so boring and has provided NO insight into how we have performed. Every single pundit seems to be reading off the same script. 'They play fantastic football but I have my doubts as to whether there defence is good enough for them to be champions'. Almost EVERY single pundit. No attempt to take an alternative view, it just underlined the sheer desperation of British football punditry today.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Sep 26, 2016 04:42:16 pm

Played for Man City, surprise surprise!!

Just F***ing win Redmen!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Sep 26, 2016 05:13:28 pm
      The thing with pundits is that they only get the gig because they used to play the game regardless of what level that was at. Just because somebody played that sport doesn't mean they fully understand the ins and outs of it and I guess that's why some of them talk sh*t. I think it's only fair to highlight that I've heard a number of pundits/journos in papers, on TV and on the radio speak very highly of our performances this season and mentioned how we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

It's probably best for us to focus on one game at a time and let our football do the talking throughout the season and ignore the idiots who want to talk negative about the team/club. Burnley game aside, I've been very impressed with the team's performances.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Sep 26, 2016 06:26:21 pm
      The thing with pundits is that they only get the gig because they used to play the game regardless of what level that was at. Just because somebody played that sport doesn't mean they fully understand the ins and outs of it and I guess that's why some of them talk sh*t. I think it's only fair to highlight that I've heard a number of pundits/journos in papers, on TV and on the radio speak very highly of our performances this season and mentioned how we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

It's probably best for us to focus on one game at a time and let our football do the talking throughout the season and ignore the idiots who want to talk negative about the team/club. Burnley game aside, I've been very impressed with the team's performances.

I'd rather have someone who was honest but gets things wrong, than the sky mob who always look to create a narrative however dishonest it may be.

A case in point would be Sakho, and the narrative was that he couldn't pass.
      Of course it was complete bullshit, and they knew it, yet they persist with it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Sep 26, 2016 06:36:58 pm
      I'd rather have someone who was honest but gets things wrong, than the sky mob who always look to create a narrative however dishonest it may be.

A case in point would be Sakho, and the narrative was that he couldn't pass.
      Of course it was complete bullshit, and they knew it, yet they persist with it.

That's something that pisses me of too. Then when some of them realise that Sakho is good at passing (20 years later) they go on like it's a new revelation that they've broken to the world.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2016 07:16:10 pm
      Liverpool proving the experts wrong, well there's a first.

F**k the cu*ts. We're gonna win the League.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2016 07:36:40 pm
      Quote from reddebs
      So far:

Probably the same pundits who said Leicester couldn't win the league, Iceland couldn't beat England, and the expanded Euros was crap.

All their thoughts about us now translate as they think "City have it wrapped up" with 32 games to go. It's been a crap year at punditry, so don't take what they say about us too seriously.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2016 11:38:23 pm

They're confused by what they don't understand, they don't know how to quantify an unknown approach to football because the Mancs cheated there way using bribery and threats (my opinion), some ex Liverpool players are bitter AF because they got sacked off (Murphy or Redknapp for example).
      Then there are the pundits who like to pontificate but actually end up saying F**k all like Keown and his oh so gentle cultivated tv demeanour (looks like a killer).
      Shearer - Smirking head stomper. Savage- not that bad, has good things to say when we deserve it, but fruity as a hairdresser.
      Dixon - goes with the flow, can't remember anything he's ever said.
      They all have one thing in common. They think they know better... in hindsight.

Not sure what's happened but I can barely stand to watch any punditry these days. MOTD is like vinegar in my milk when the pundits appear in-between games.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #34: Sep 27, 2016 09:10:33 am
      A couple more I've heard in the last 24hrs about the amount of goals we've scored

We have to rely on worldies and set pieces as we don't have anyone running in behind.

The mind boggles  :lmao:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #35: Sep 27, 2016 12:09:03 pm
      So I presume the same people saying we are going to "burn out" are thinking city/arsenal/united/chelsea are the ones who are going to beat us to the top 4?

The same city/arsenal/united/chelsea that are contending with european football as well as the premier league?

Solid logic.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36: Sep 27, 2016 12:29:49 pm
      A couple more I've heard in the last 24hrs about the amount of goals we've scored

We have to rely on worldies and set pieces as we don't have anyone running in behind.

The mind boggles  :lmao:

When we don't get players "in behind" it's because we've pushed the opposition so far back, they are in their own 6 yard area  :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Sep 27, 2016 12:40:48 pm
      When we don't get players "in behind" it's because we've pushed the opposition so far back, they are in their own 6 yard area  :laugh:

I guess that's why we've scored and missed so many from cutbacks  :lmao:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38: Sep 27, 2016 12:50:05 pm
      It's great being talked down of, as they now see us a threat once more...
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Sep 27, 2016 12:50:42 pm
      We are playing the type of football that catches the eyes of the world. Long may it continue!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #40: Sep 28, 2016 01:42:30 am
      Just to put things into perspective based on the results so far.

First 6 Matches:
      We've had Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea - 4 tough fixtures - 13pts - 2 Home games
      Scums had City and Leicester - 2 tough fixtures - 12pts - 3 toilet games
      Arsenal had us, Leicester and Chelsea - 2 tough fixtures - 13pts - 3 home games
      Chel$ea had us and arsenal - 2 tough fixtures - 10pts - 3 home games
      Man City had only the scums - 1 tough fixture - 18pts - 3 home games
      Spurs had only us - 1 tough fixture - 14pts - 3 home games
      Everton had only the Spurs - 1 tough fixture - 13pts - 3 home games

Everyone else has had it easy compared to us. I've put Leicester because they're last years league champions, and its pretty debatable whether they should be included as tough fixtures or not. Anywho, a lot of the pundits really need knee reconstruction surgery from sucking too much scum dick.

We probably should've beaten the Spurs. At Hull our performance was great. Unfortunately, it was just one of those days that just wasn't going for us. Our performances so far have been top notch. In all fairness, we've a pretty fu**ed up fixture so far, and we've handled it well that we're in the top 4. In addition to that, we've had 2 out of 6 home games. We've got the scum after this matchweek. After we trash united at home, if those pundits knees still hurt, they should really find a new career path. At this point, they're ridiculous.

F**k them, were gonna win the league!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #41: Sep 28, 2016 05:17:32 am
      I think that they have a point. In some games, our lack of composure in defense in case of burn out will affect us. Also, when we have the ball,our attackers run a lot. I hope we have enough players to sustain that rhythm every game.

Our weakest spot remains the DM position. When our pressing is good, it does not matter who is there but when we'll have to defend really against very good technical attacking midfields, I think we'll struggle. Luckily, there are only 3 teams who have such players -Chelsea, Arsenal and ManCity. Already beat 2 of them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Sep 28, 2016 07:10:53 am
      I think that they have a point. In some games, our lack of composure in defense in case of burn out will affect us. Also, when we have the ball,our attackers run a lot. I hope we have enough players to sustain that rhythm every game.

You should apply for a gig on MOTD. You'd fit right in.

Mind-boggling logic.

Our defenders are F***ing spectators and our attackers pick up the tempo and then float around depending on the time of the game. If any professional athlete gets burnt out doing that, they're not meant to be playing at the top level.

Our weakest spot remains the DM position. When our pressing is good, it does not matter who is there but when we'll have to defend really against very good technical attacking midfields, I think we'll struggle. Luckily, there are only 3 teams who have such players -Chelsea, Arsenal and ManCity. Already beat 2 of them.

Literally just disproven your own concern.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43: Sep 28, 2016 07:15:39 am

Mind-boggling logic.

Our defenders are f**king spectators and our attackers pick up the tempo and then float around depending on the time of the game. If any professional athlete gets burnt out doing that, they're not meant to be playing at the top level.

Glad it was not just me wondering the point of that post!

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #44: Sep 28, 2016 09:16:08 am

What is burn out? Does it exist? We're talking about some of the top athletes in the world that are asked to perform against other top athletes for 90 minutes in 7 days (given that we have no European football)

The rest of the time they are being monitored on what they eat, their training workload and their sleep. They are surrounded by doctors, nutritionists and sports scientists to help them recover and perform better.

If they start feeling "tired" halfway through a season then as Crouchinho said, they shouldn't be in the team.

Try working with drug addicts and people with serious mental health issues for 6 years...thats f*cking burnout!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #45: Sep 28, 2016 12:00:32 pm
      The experts are right! That's why they're the experts and we're not.

We haven't bought Pogba, don't have Pep as our manager. Our stadium is small. So small that they forget we've 5 European cups and 18 league titles.

All the expensive players leave us for supposedly better clubs.

We haven't bought world class players and we've a manager who's unproven in this league yet Pep is highly rated.

But strange that the experts are so right but they have no eyes to see that we will walk the league and win it this year. Something is wrong with them. When we win it, they'd be right up there saying see I told ya so.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #46: Sep 29, 2016 01:10:25 am
      City conceding 3 to a Brendan Rodgers' Celtic.

:lmao:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #47: Sep 29, 2016 05:07:39 am

Mind-boggling logic.

Our defenders are f**king spectators and our attackers pick up the tempo and then float around depending on the time of the game. If any professional athlete gets burnt out doing that, they're not meant to be playing at the top level.

Ok, you're right then. Maybe I'm deluded to think that people who spend their time watching, and played football at the very top level are right when they say that we MIGHT struggle in the future to keep playing this way.

How many times have we seen that a player or another had to rest because they could not play 90min anymore? Coutinho and Firmino had this issue last season.

My point is this, we lack a good DM, and for now, our pressing game has not highlighted this weakness but when we'll have to play differently we'll struggle. Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity have the best Attacking player but we might fall on another in form midfielder and then I don't think Hendo or Lallana or Wijnaldum could cope with it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #48: Sep 29, 2016 05:30:02 am
      My point is this, we lack a good DM, and for now, our pressing game has not highlighted this weakness but when we'll have to play differently we'll struggle. Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity have the best Attacking player but we might fall on another in form midfielder and then I don't think Hendo or Lallana or Wijnaldum could cope with it.

Lad we've already stuffed Arsenal and Chelsea. What the F**k are you whinging about?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #49: Sep 29, 2016 08:00:24 am
      Lad we've already stuffed Arsenal and Chelsea. What the f**k are you whinging about?

Unbelievable isn't it? Who needs a DM when you've got a DF, DRWF, DLWF, DCAM, DRW, DLW, DCAM.

What I'm saying is our team is like a transformer, when we lose the ball anyone and everyone joins together and becomes one massive DM of sorts so we end up with 10 of them on the pitch haha.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016 09:11:31 am by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #50: Sep 29, 2016 08:38:08 am
      If they say Liverpool are going to win a trophy, I hope they are right

Any other time, I dont really care what they think
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #51: Sep 29, 2016 09:16:48 am
      Ok, you're right then. Maybe I'm deluded to think that people who spend their time watching, and played football at the very top level are right when they say that we MIGHT struggle in the future to keep playing this way.

How many times have we seen that a player or another had to rest because they could not play 90min anymore? Coutinho and Firmino had this issue last season.

That's the beauty of our system though, we don't need one man to handle the's great midfielders you speak of.

Collectively a group of Reds will hunt them down and press the f**k out of them.

And while this press is happening a few more of the lads are closing spaces and cutting off passing angles forcing a backward pass.

We then start the process again only higher up the pitch.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016 10:30:02 am by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #52: Sep 29, 2016 09:42:59 am

Yeah I agree, Robbie Savage is right!

When? When coming back from international duty on the other side of the world? Or another time?

We've already beaten Chelsea and Arsenal. What more do you want? We'll turn over City too.

You're not even making sense.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #53: Sep 29, 2016 03:40:27 pm

He'll probably call in sick that day.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Sep 29, 2016 03:47:50 pm
      There has been plenty of what crouchie has alluded to. But for me the debate has been oh so boring and has provided NO insight into how we have performed. Every single pundit seems to be reading off the same script. 'They play fantastic football but I have my doubts as to whether there defence is good enough for them to be champions'. Almost EVERY single pundit. No attempt to take an alternative view, it just underlined the sheer desperation of British football punditry today.

During the World Cup, there was a channel over here that showed some matches with just the crowd noise and occasional graphics identifying a player, or a booking or whatever. Amazing how little the comms say that you truly need to hear. Listening in Spanish can be good as well, great passion but I can barely understand a word of it.  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Oct 01, 2016 04:52:53 pm
      Still doubting us.

We're gonna win the F***ing league.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #56: Oct 01, 2016 04:56:58 pm
      Still doubting us.

We're gonna win the f**king league.

They keep saying we need to win 'types' of games and we keep doing it and they come up with another 'type'. Beat Chelsea and Arsenal away? Well it's the Hull game you really need to watch out for.

Smash Hull? Well they need to go away from home and grind one out. Do that and now they will come up with another.

I saw the Burnley result described as an 'abberation' the other day, as if it is unfathomable for us to lose away to a newly promoted team! (Despite in the next breath then saying the premier league is the most competitive in the world and 'anyone can beat anyone').

We're gonna win the league!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Oct 02, 2016 05:28:31 am
      They keep saying we need to win 'types' of games and we keep doing it and they come up with another 'type'. Beat Chelsea and Arsenal away? Well it's the Hull game you really need to watch out for.

Smash Hull? Well they need to go away from home and grind one out. Do that and now they will come up with another.

I saw the Burnley result described as an 'abberation' the other day, as if it is unfathomable for us to lose away to a newly promoted team! (Despite in the next breath then saying the premier league is the most competitive in the world and 'anyone can beat anyone').

We're gonna win the league!

We've won every type of game there is this season and it's only 7 games in.

Beat our "title rivals" even though Arsenal and Chelsea won't get near us, beat a team camped in their own half in Hull, come from behind against a team who were playing us at our own game away from home and we smacked the defending champs.

The only thing that will stop us is injuries.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #58: Oct 02, 2016 11:15:49 am
      Anyone can make a very compelling argument against us winning the league in one word

Defending !

We will not win the league unless our defending improves. Personally I cant see the defensive players improving enough I think we need to bring in better players
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Oct 02, 2016 05:05:27 pm
      Anyone can make a very compelling argument against us winning the league in one word

Defending !

We will not win the league unless our defending improves. Personally I cant see the defensive players improving enough I think we need to bring in better players

Same could be said of City's defence, they're F***ing crap too!

I honestly don't think we have the city type resources to go out and buy a whole new defence, plus can't we give lads like Matip and Klavan time to gel into the team?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Oct 02, 2016 05:40:58 pm
      Their fullbacks are F***ing gash and their keeper looks like he played for Tenerife, not Barcelona.

I'll back us.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #61: Oct 02, 2016 06:35:42 pm
      We've won every type of game there is this season and it's only 7 games in.

Beat our "title rivals" even though Arsenal and Chelsea won't get near us, beat a team camped in their own half in Hull, come from behind against a team who were playing us at our own game away from home and we smacked the defending champs.

The only thing that will stop us is injuries.

I think this is the strongest PL in many many years and I've been the 1st to say the standard over the past 5 years or so has been poor. If we finish above any one of Arsenal, Citeh or Spurs we've had a damn good season and we'll be playing in the CL next year. I actually think Spurs and Arsenal are more of a danger than Citeh who haven't addressed their weaknesses from last season
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #62: Oct 02, 2016 07:57:34 pm
      Think the key to this season in relation to our rivals will be later in the year when the cups, CL and the league all come fast & furious; where teams like City & Spurs will have double legs against a Bayern wedged in between league matches. For us, just take care of business and put ourselves in the position to take advantage of the tired legs our opponents will undoubtedly have.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #63: Oct 02, 2016 09:03:11 pm
      Same could be said of City's defence, they're f**king crap too!

I honestly don't think we have the city type resources to go out and buy a whole new defence, plus can't we give lads like Matip and Klavan time to gel into the team?

To be honest I dont know to much about Man City's defence. But, if they believe they can strengthen during the winter window they will.

I had to watch yesterdays highlights three times today. I couldn't believe how Swansea had those three chances on the six yard line and didn't hit the target. We can not defend like that and expect to win the league

I dont think Klavan is good enough

Matip might become a great player but without good players beside him we will continue to struggle defensively   

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #64: Oct 02, 2016 09:55:29 pm
      I dont think Klavan is good enough 

Based on what?

You reckon the Chelsea defence has been good? City with Kolarov, Stones and Otamendi? Arsenal that we put 4 past? The only team to impress defensively is Spurs and they wont be a threat to the title.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #65: Oct 03, 2016 12:52:06 am
      Quote from Eddieo
      To be honest I dont know to much about Man City's defence.

I had to watch yesterdays highlights three times today. We can not defend like that and expect to win the league, we will continue to struggle defensively

City have conceded 7 goals in 10 days, have just 1 clean sheet this season, and you're worried about our defence?

City had their first significant test this weekend, and lost it by half time. So we're one point up on that comparative fixture already, and we matched their result at Swansea as well.

December and January is a quarter of the season. This year 27 points are up for grabs, and Swansea is the last game of it. 20+ points and we're set up for an exciting run in. 15 or less and it's prepare for next year. Last year we took 11 from 30, and you know how that ended up. Hopefully we'll do a lot better this season.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #66: Oct 03, 2016 02:54:58 am
      Based on what?

You reckon the Chelsea defence has been good? City with Kolarov, Stones and Otamendi? Arsenal that we put 4 past? The only team to impress defensively is Spurs and they wont be a threat to the title.

Based on his career. He’s a good player but is he better than the players we already have ? If he was good enough for us at the very least I would expect him to start at left back ahead of Milner.

If he is going to make it for us he will need to improve and I’m not sure he will do it at the age of 30.

Chelsea have been very poor.

If you take our game away from Arsenal they have only conceded 3 goals in 6 games. Some friends of mine (Arsenal supporters) have been raving about their defending.

Don’t write Spurs off ! They have finished ahead of us 5 of the last 6 seasons. The experience gained last year when they were challenging up until the last couple of games could make all the difference for them this year.     
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #67: Oct 03, 2016 03:16:38 am
      City have conceded 7 goals in 10 days, have just 1 clean sheet this season, and you're worried about our defence?

City had their first significant test this weekend, and lost it by half time. So we're one point up on that comparative fixture already, and we matched their result at Swansea as well.

December and January is a quarter of the season. This year 27 points are up for grabs, and Swansea is the last game of it. 20+ points and we're set up for an exciting run in. 15 or less and it's prepare for next year. Last year we took 11 from 30, and you know how that ended up. Hopefully we'll do a lot better this season.
      City are still top of the league and their defending will improve. They have a new manager with a different approach.

If you are not worried about our defending ? you should be. No team will win the title defending as we do, it is not good enough. If you continue making simple mistakes handing teams chance’s you will become unstuck. Maybe not at the start of the season but when it get towards the back end of the year and the pressure starts to multiply poor defending will cost you dearly.

I hope it gets better but when I look at our defenders I’m not that sure it will

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #68: Oct 03, 2016 03:27:18 am
      City are still top of the league and their defending will improve. They have a new manager with a different approach.

If you are not worried about our defending ? you should be. No team will win the title defending as we do, it is not good enough. If you continue making simple mistakes handing teams chance’s you will become unstuck. Maybe not at the start of the season but when it get towards the back end of the year and the pressure starts to multiply poor defending will cost you dearly.

I hope it gets better but when I look at our defenders I’m not that sure it will

Give up now then lad!!

Me, I'm gonna carry on supporting the redmen rather than worry about City or those other cockney wankers.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #69: Oct 03, 2016 03:56:51 am
      Give up now then lad!!

Me, I'm gonna carry on supporting the redmen rather than worry about City or those other cockney wankers.

Are we not aloud to discuss our faults ?  Should I put the blinkers on and pretend everything is OK ? Ignore what the competitions is doing ?

I have always been told we are the most knowledgeable fans. I know to take it with a pinch of salt but I always expect a Liverpool supporter to know the difference between good football from bad football and be able to admit the teams failings.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #70: Oct 03, 2016 07:51:56 am
      Are we not aloud to discuss our faults ?  Should I put the blinkers on and pretend everything is OK ? Ignore what the competitions is doing ?

I have always been told we are the most knowledgeable fans. I know to take it with a pinch of salt but I always expect a Liverpool supporter to know the difference between good football from bad football and be able to admit the teams failings.

Stop being a miserable sod enjoy the good times we are F***ing winning matches playing exciting football.

All you can comment about is that our defence is w*nk!

BTW re Klavan he is a CB that's why he doesn't play left back and you do realise we need a squad what happens if one of Lovren or Matip is injured.
      He was bought as a direct replacement for Skrtel so third choice CB.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #71: Oct 03, 2016 08:01:08 am

I'd love to hear about how you watched every Augsburg game to come to this conclusion.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #72: Oct 03, 2016 11:51:40 am
      Quote from Eddieo

I hope it gets better but when I look at our defenders I’m not that sure it will.

Who said anything about winning the league?

Houllier had to finish in the Top 3, later Top 4.
      Benitez had to finish 1st in the league.
      Dalglish had to finish in the Top 4.
      Rodgers had to finish in the Top 4.
      Klopp has to finish in the Top 4.

When they were appointed, 4 of the 5 coaches above had a very similiar goal in front of them. We were not in the European Cup, and their task was to get back in it. Anything more would be a bonus. Some succeeded, some didn't.

We want to win the league, but Klopp is not expected to win the league this year. He is here to get us back into the Top 4, and even if the defending isn't perfect, he's very capable of that. As 3 years ago, a good December and January will be the backbone of whatever we go on to achieve this season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #73: Oct 03, 2016 12:02:49 pm
      Can we add "some of our own fans are wrong about Liverpool"....

Jeez buckle up lads...
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #74: Oct 03, 2016 01:00:41 pm
      I love the football we are playing !

But, I want us to win the league and thread is about  pundits saying we wont win the league and without an improvement in the defence we will not win the league. I am not being miserable, I’m just stating a fact !

Klavan has played left back. I like Milner, I love his energy and his work rate but at left back he is  a liability   

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #75: Oct 03, 2016 01:01:18 pm
      I'd love to hear about how you watched every Augsburg game to come to this conclusion.

So I cant have an opinion unless I’ve watch every single game a player has played ?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #76: Oct 03, 2016 01:02:25 pm
      Who said anything about winning the league?

Houllier had to finish in the Top 3, later Top 4.
      Benitez had to finish 1st in the league.
      Dalglish had to finish in the Top 4.
      Rodgers had to finish in the Top 4.
      Klopp has to finish in the Top 4.

When they were appointed, 4 of the 5 coaches above had a very similiar goal in front of them. We were not in the European Cup, and their task was to get back in it. Anything more would be a bonus. Some succeeded, some didn't.

We want to win the league, but Klopp is not expected to win the league this year. He is here to get us back into the Top 4, and even if the defending isn't perfect, he's very capable of that. As 3 years ago, a good December and January will be the backbone of whatever we go on to achieve this season.
      The thread is about us winning the league !

I believe we have a chance of winning this year. I don’t want to be second, third, forth……. I want to win !

We have a massive advantage not playing in Europe. We have a manager with a touch of class, more than a touch. The players are up for it and we are playing wonderful attacking football.

We could we the league ! But it will never happen unless our defending improves !

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #77: Oct 03, 2016 01:10:14 pm
      So I cant have an opinion unless I’ve watch every single game a player has played ?

I'd wager my house you haven't seen him play more than half a dozen times before he signed for us, Eddie.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #78: Oct 03, 2016 01:28:13 pm

And you want me to take your opinion seriously when you can't even get a simple word like allowed right!! :laugh: (This was meant as a sh*t joke btw, before anyone wants to get on their high-horse)

I'm not pretending everything is perfect, we're actually going along quite nicely at the moment, I'm just fed up with the miserable cu*ts who can't even take some simple enjoyment from the game. I go every game, so yeah I know what our F***ing failings are trust me, but I'm sick to death of listening to doom merchants who constantly want to slag our own team off, yet praise sh*te like Arsenal, who we've already turned over.

Also those most knowledgeable fans also know when to get behind the team when we can see something stirring and trust me Klopp has this team stirring. So forget the weaknesses and focus on the positives.

And that starts with smashing the manc cu*ts all over Anfield in our next match 8)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Oct 03, 2016 01:29:57 pm
      I'd wager my house you haven't seen him play more than half a dozen times before he signed for us, Eddie.

Put an extra fiver on for me as well.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #80: Oct 03, 2016 03:18:30 pm
      I love the football we are playing !

But, I want us to win the league and thread is about  pundits saying we wont win the league and without an improvement in the defence we will not win the league. I am not being miserable, I’m just stating a fact !

Klavan has played left back. I like Milner, I love his energy and his work rate but at left back he is  a liability

What are you on about?! Milner is a liability? He's been one of our best players the last few games, even without the goals.

What are you on mate?  :lmao:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #81: Oct 04, 2016 11:39:15 am
      Daring to dream about going into William Hills with my "winning" betting slip (£50 each way @ 8/1) thats first two @ 1 x 1/3rd for the place bit.(down to 5/1 now I believe).Hope to see me mates down here in Surrey laughing on the other side of their faces too.IJWT.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #82: Oct 04, 2016 06:51:13 pm
      And you want me to take your opinion seriously when you can't even get a simple word like allowed right!! :laugh: (This was meant as a sh*t joke btw, before anyone wants to get on their high-horse)

I'm not pretending everything is perfect, we're actually going along quite nicely at the moment, I'm just fed up with the miserable cu*ts who can't even take some simple enjoyment from the game. I go every game, so yeah I know what our f**king failings are trust me, but I'm sick to death of listening to doom merchants who constantly want to slag our own team off, yet praise sh*te like Arsenal, who we've already turned over.

Also those most knowledgeable fans also know when to get behind the team when we can see something stirring and trust me Klopp has this team stirring. So forget the weaknesses and focus on the positives.

And that starts with smashing the manc cu*ts all over Anfield in our next match 8)

First my gammar is sh*t ! Really sh*t !

Who is miserable ? I don’t think anyone miserable

If any team, player, manager does things I will praise them.

I hate Man U ! but, if I watch them and they score a good goal, I am going to say it was a good goal.

I praise will praise good football regardless of who the player is and who they play for !

I take it for granted that we are all behind the team even if someone points out a weakness

There is not a lot that makes me happier than us beating the mancs

Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #83: Oct 05, 2016 12:31:32 am
      Well this came out as a surprise  :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrT8CzU7v7I
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Nov 15, 2016 04:25:25 pm
      Is the opposite happening? I was interested how this would work out:

Come Christmas time, I'm going to look at how teams go the week after playing us. Reckon that'd be a fun stat.

And this is what i've come up with. Interesting:

https://twitter.com/Shamwoww23/status/798561818457145345

Quick Reply