Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool

Read 10625 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool
      Reply #46: Sep 29, 2016 01:10:25 am
      City conceding 3 to a Brendan Rodgers' Celtic.

:lmao:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #47: Sep 29, 2016 05:07:39 am
      You should apply for a gig on MOTD. You'd fit right in.

Mind-boggling logic.

Our defenders are f**king spectators and our attackers pick up the tempo and then float around depending on the time of the game. If any professional athlete gets burnt out doing that, they're not meant to be playing at the top level.

Literally just disproven your own concern.

Ok, you're right then. Maybe I'm deluded to think that people who spend their time watching, and played football at the very top level are right when they say that we MIGHT struggle in the future to keep playing this way.

How many times have we seen that a player or another had to rest because they could not play 90min anymore? Coutinho and Firmino had this issue last season.

My point is this, we lack a good DM, and for now, our pressing game has not highlighted this weakness but when we'll have to play differently we'll struggle. Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity have the best Attacking player but we might fall on another in form midfielder and then I don't think Hendo or Lallana or Wijnaldum could cope with it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #48: Sep 29, 2016 05:30:02 am
      My point is this, we lack a good DM, and for now, our pressing game has not highlighted this weakness but when we'll have to play differently we'll struggle. Arsenal, Chelsea and ManCity have the best Attacking player but we might fall on another in form midfielder and then I don't think Hendo or Lallana or Wijnaldum could cope with it.

Lad we've already stuffed Arsenal and Chelsea. What the F**k are you whinging about?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #49: Sep 29, 2016 08:00:24 am
      Lad we've already stuffed Arsenal and Chelsea. What the f**k are you whinging about?

Unbelievable isn't it? Who needs a DM when you've got a DF, DRWF, DLWF, DCAM, DRW, DLW, DCAM.

What I'm saying is our team is like a transformer, when we lose the ball anyone and everyone joins together and becomes one massive DM of sorts so we end up with 10 of them on the pitch haha.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016 09:11:31 am by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #50: Sep 29, 2016 08:38:08 am
      If they say Liverpool are going to win a trophy, I hope they are right

Any other time, I dont really care what they think
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #51: Sep 29, 2016 09:16:48 am
      Ok, you're right then. Maybe I'm deluded to think that people who spend their time watching, and played football at the very top level are right when they say that we MIGHT struggle in the future to keep playing this way.

How many times have we seen that a player or another had to rest because they could not play 90min anymore? Coutinho and Firmino had this issue last season.

That's the beauty of our system though, we don't need one man to handle the's great midfielders you speak of.

Collectively a group of Reds will hunt them down and press the f**k out of them.

And while this press is happening a few more of the lads are closing spaces and cutting off passing angles forcing a backward pass.

We then start the process again only higher up the pitch.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016 10:30:02 am by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #52: Sep 29, 2016 09:42:59 am

Yeah I agree, Robbie Savage is right!

When? When coming back from international duty on the other side of the world? Or another time?

We've already beaten Chelsea and Arsenal. What more do you want? We'll turn over City too.

You're not even making sense.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #53: Sep 29, 2016 03:40:27 pm
      Going to be even f**king sweeter when the commentators have to announce....

2016/17 Premier League winners are 'Liverpool Football Club' .....

Can't wait to hear Martin Tyler's voice...

He'll probably call in sick that day.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Sep 29, 2016 03:47:50 pm
      There has been plenty of what crouchie has alluded to. But for me the debate has been oh so boring and has provided NO insight into how we have performed. Every single pundit seems to be reading off the same script. 'They play fantastic football but I have my doubts as to whether there defence is good enough for them to be champions'. Almost EVERY single pundit. No attempt to take an alternative view, it just underlined the sheer desperation of British football punditry today.

During the World Cup, there was a channel over here that showed some matches with just the crowd noise and occasional graphics identifying a player, or a booking or whatever. Amazing how little the comms say that you truly need to hear. Listening in Spanish can be good as well, great passion but I can barely understand a word of it.  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Oct 01, 2016 04:52:53 pm
      Still doubting us.

We're gonna win the F***ing league.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #56: Oct 01, 2016 04:56:58 pm
      Still doubting us.

We're gonna win the f**king league.

They keep saying we need to win 'types' of games and we keep doing it and they come up with another 'type'. Beat Chelsea and Arsenal away? Well it's the Hull game you really need to watch out for.

Smash Hull? Well they need to go away from home and grind one out. Do that and now they will come up with another.

I saw the Burnley result described as an 'abberation' the other day, as if it is unfathomable for us to lose away to a newly promoted team! (Despite in the next breath then saying the premier league is the most competitive in the world and 'anyone can beat anyone').

We're gonna win the league!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Oct 02, 2016 05:28:31 am
      They keep saying we need to win 'types' of games and we keep doing it and they come up with another 'type'. Beat Chelsea and Arsenal away? Well it's the Hull game you really need to watch out for.

Smash Hull? Well they need to go away from home and grind one out. Do that and now they will come up with another.

I saw the Burnley result described as an 'abberation' the other day, as if it is unfathomable for us to lose away to a newly promoted team! (Despite in the next breath then saying the premier league is the most competitive in the world and 'anyone can beat anyone').

We're gonna win the league!

We've won every type of game there is this season and it's only 7 games in.

Beat our "title rivals" even though Arsenal and Chelsea won't get near us, beat a team camped in their own half in Hull, come from behind against a team who were playing us at our own game away from home and we smacked the defending champs.

The only thing that will stop us is injuries.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #58: Oct 02, 2016 11:15:49 am
      Anyone can make a very compelling argument against us winning the league in one word

Defending !

We will not win the league unless our defending improves. Personally I cant see the defensive players improving enough I think we need to bring in better players
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Oct 02, 2016 05:05:27 pm
      Anyone can make a very compelling argument against us winning the league in one word

Defending !

We will not win the league unless our defending improves. Personally I cant see the defensive players improving enough I think we need to bring in better players

Same could be said of City's defence, they're F***ing crap too!

I honestly don't think we have the city type resources to go out and buy a whole new defence, plus can't we give lads like Matip and Klavan time to gel into the team?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Oct 02, 2016 05:40:58 pm
      Their fullbacks are F***ing gash and their keeper looks like he played for Tenerife, not Barcelona.

I'll back us.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #61: Oct 02, 2016 06:35:42 pm
      We've won every type of game there is this season and it's only 7 games in.

Beat our "title rivals" even though Arsenal and Chelsea won't get near us, beat a team camped in their own half in Hull, come from behind against a team who were playing us at our own game away from home and we smacked the defending champs.

The only thing that will stop us is injuries.

I think this is the strongest PL in many many years and I've been the 1st to say the standard over the past 5 years or so has been poor. If we finish above any one of Arsenal, Citeh or Spurs we've had a damn good season and we'll be playing in the CL next year. I actually think Spurs and Arsenal are more of a danger than Citeh who haven't addressed their weaknesses from last season
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #62: Oct 02, 2016 07:57:34 pm
      Think the key to this season in relation to our rivals will be later in the year when the cups, CL and the league all come fast & furious; where teams like City & Spurs will have double legs against a Bayern wedged in between league matches. For us, just take care of business and put ourselves in the position to take advantage of the tired legs our opponents will undoubtedly have.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #63: Oct 02, 2016 09:03:11 pm
      Same could be said of City's defence, they're f**king crap too!

I honestly don't think we have the city type resources to go out and buy a whole new defence, plus can't we give lads like Matip and Klavan time to gel into the team?

To be honest I dont know to much about Man City's defence. But, if they believe they can strengthen during the winter window they will.

I had to watch yesterdays highlights three times today. I couldn't believe how Swansea had those three chances on the six yard line and didn't hit the target. We can not defend like that and expect to win the league

I dont think Klavan is good enough

Matip might become a great player but without good players beside him we will continue to struggle defensively   

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #64: Oct 02, 2016 09:55:29 pm
      I dont think Klavan is good enough 

Based on what?

You reckon the Chelsea defence has been good? City with Kolarov, Stones and Otamendi? Arsenal that we put 4 past? The only team to impress defensively is Spurs and they wont be a threat to the title.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #65: Oct 03, 2016 12:52:06 am
      Quote from Eddieo
      To be honest I dont know to much about Man City's defence.

I had to watch yesterdays highlights three times today. We can not defend like that and expect to win the league, we will continue to struggle defensively

City have conceded 7 goals in 10 days, have just 1 clean sheet this season, and you're worried about our defence?

City had their first significant test this weekend, and lost it by half time. So we're one point up on that comparative fixture already, and we matched their result at Swansea as well.

December and January is a quarter of the season. This year 27 points are up for grabs, and Swansea is the last game of it. 20+ points and we're set up for an exciting run in. 15 or less and it's prepare for next year. Last year we took 11 from 30, and you know how that ended up. Hopefully we'll do a lot better this season.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #66: Oct 03, 2016 02:54:58 am
      Based on what?

You reckon the Chelsea defence has been good? City with Kolarov, Stones and Otamendi? Arsenal that we put 4 past? The only team to impress defensively is Spurs and they wont be a threat to the title.

Based on his career. He’s a good player but is he better than the players we already have ? If he was good enough for us at the very least I would expect him to start at left back ahead of Milner.

If he is going to make it for us he will need to improve and I’m not sure he will do it at the age of 30.

Chelsea have been very poor.

If you take our game away from Arsenal they have only conceded 3 goals in 6 games. Some friends of mine (Arsenal supporters) have been raving about their defending.

Don’t write Spurs off ! They have finished ahead of us 5 of the last 6 seasons. The experience gained last year when they were challenging up until the last couple of games could make all the difference for them this year.     
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #67: Oct 03, 2016 03:16:38 am
      City have conceded 7 goals in 10 days, have just 1 clean sheet this season, and you're worried about our defence?

City had their first significant test this weekend, and lost it by half time. So we're one point up on that comparative fixture already, and we matched their result at Swansea as well.

December and January is a quarter of the season. This year 27 points are up for grabs, and Swansea is the last game of it. 20+ points and we're set up for an exciting run in. 15 or less and it's prepare for next year. Last year we took 11 from 30, and you know how that ended up. Hopefully we'll do a lot better this season.
      City are still top of the league and their defending will improve. They have a new manager with a different approach.

If you are not worried about our defending ? you should be. No team will win the title defending as we do, it is not good enough. If you continue making simple mistakes handing teams chance’s you will become unstuck. Maybe not at the start of the season but when it get towards the back end of the year and the pressure starts to multiply poor defending will cost you dearly.

I hope it gets better but when I look at our defenders I’m not that sure it will

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #68: Oct 03, 2016 03:27:18 am
      City are still top of the league and their defending will improve. They have a new manager with a different approach.

If you are not worried about our defending ? you should be. No team will win the title defending as we do, it is not good enough. If you continue making simple mistakes handing teams chance’s you will become unstuck. Maybe not at the start of the season but when it get towards the back end of the year and the pressure starts to multiply poor defending will cost you dearly.

I hope it gets better but when I look at our defenders I’m not that sure it will

Give up now then lad!!

Me, I'm gonna carry on supporting the redmen rather than worry about City or those other cockney wankers.

Quick Reply