Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool

Read 10626 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool
      Reply #23: Sep 26, 2016 04:28:55 pm
      Another fact  :

We are in the lead on goals scored since October last year     .  71 .
      City second on 70.
      Spuds on 68.

I wonder what happened last year ... in October ? 
       ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2016 04:32:39 pm
      Can't be doing with all the 'we're going to win the league' sh*te myself. All a bit embarrassing.

Let's just see how we go, 1 game at a time.

Personally prefer it when the pundits has beens, and never were beens right us off as opposed to blowing smoke up our arse anyway.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2016 04:47:30 pm by fields of anny rd »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2016 04:33:00 pm
      A trip to Anfield is the closest defenders will get to understand how a fox feels when a pack of bloodhounds is on its trail.

Love that part, said myself in the match thread after our 2'nd goal i think.

Pleased he felt it too. :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Sep 26, 2016 04:34:31 pm
      There has been plenty of what crouchie has alluded to. But for me the debate has been oh so boring and has provided NO insight into how we have performed. Every single pundit seems to be reading off the same script. 'They play fantastic football but I have my doubts as to whether there defence is good enough for them to be champions'. Almost EVERY single pundit. No attempt to take an alternative view, it just underlined the sheer desperation of British football punditry today.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Sep 26, 2016 04:42:16 pm

Played for Man City, surprise surprise!!

Just F***ing win Redmen!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Sep 26, 2016 05:13:28 pm
      The thing with pundits is that they only get the gig because they used to play the game regardless of what level that was at. Just because somebody played that sport doesn't mean they fully understand the ins and outs of it and I guess that's why some of them talk sh*t. I think it's only fair to highlight that I've heard a number of pundits/journos in papers, on TV and on the radio speak very highly of our performances this season and mentioned how we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

It's probably best for us to focus on one game at a time and let our football do the talking throughout the season and ignore the idiots who want to talk negative about the team/club. Burnley game aside, I've been very impressed with the team's performances.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Sep 26, 2016 06:26:21 pm
      The thing with pundits is that they only get the gig because they used to play the game regardless of what level that was at. Just because somebody played that sport doesn't mean they fully understand the ins and outs of it and I guess that's why some of them talk sh*t. I think it's only fair to highlight that I've heard a number of pundits/journos in papers, on TV and on the radio speak very highly of our performances this season and mentioned how we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

It's probably best for us to focus on one game at a time and let our football do the talking throughout the season and ignore the idiots who want to talk negative about the team/club. Burnley game aside, I've been very impressed with the team's performances.

I'd rather have someone who was honest but gets things wrong, than the sky mob who always look to create a narrative however dishonest it may be.

A case in point would be Sakho, and the narrative was that he couldn't pass.
      Of course it was complete bullshit, and they knew it, yet they persist with it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Sep 26, 2016 06:36:58 pm
      I'd rather have someone who was honest but gets things wrong, than the sky mob who always look to create a narrative however dishonest it may be.

A case in point would be Sakho, and the narrative was that he couldn't pass.
      Of course it was complete bullshit, and they knew it, yet they persist with it.

That's something that pisses me of too. Then when some of them realise that Sakho is good at passing (20 years later) they go on like it's a new revelation that they've broken to the world.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2016 07:16:10 pm
      Liverpool proving the experts wrong, well there's a first.

F**k the cu*ts. We're gonna win the League.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2016 07:36:40 pm
      Quote from reddebs
      So far:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other reasons as the season unfolds  ;D

Probably the same pundits who said Leicester couldn't win the league, Iceland couldn't beat England, and the expanded Euros was crap.

All their thoughts about us now translate as they think "City have it wrapped up" with 32 games to go. It's been a crap year at punditry, so don't take what they say about us too seriously.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2016 11:38:23 pm
      Don't know where to put this post but i have to rant.

One thing that's getting on my tits that i'm seeing in the media now is "Can Liverpool win the league?" and then to justify their opinion that we won't, they say "Liverpool will be burnt out very soon. Their football can't be maintained for a full season."

Anyone reckon Arsenal felt fresh chasing our lads around for 90 minutes? Chelsea? Leicester? We're averaging 61% of the ball this season. We're not running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes. We have the F***ing ball most of the time and the opposition is chasing us.

Brain dead pundits and arm-chair analysts just think we're a team built on just running around. We crush teams from the front without the ball and make them run ragged when we have it. Good luck dealing with it.

EDIT: We're gonna win the league.

They're confused by what they don't understand, they don't know how to quantify an unknown approach to football because the Mancs cheated there way using bribery and threats (my opinion), some ex Liverpool players are bitter AF because they got sacked off (Murphy or Redknapp for example).
      Then there are the pundits who like to pontificate but actually end up saying F**k all like Keown and his oh so gentle cultivated tv demeanour (looks like a killer).
      Shearer - Smirking head stomper. Savage- not that bad, has good things to say when we deserve it, but fruity as a hairdresser.
      Dixon - goes with the flow, can't remember anything he's ever said.
      They all have one thing in common. They think they know better... in hindsight.

Not sure what's happened but I can barely stand to watch any punditry these days. MOTD is like vinegar in my milk when the pundits appear in-between games.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #34: Sep 27, 2016 09:10:33 am
      A couple more I've heard in the last 24hrs about the amount of goals we've scored

We have to rely on worldies and set pieces as we don't have anyone running in behind.

The mind boggles  :lmao:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #35: Sep 27, 2016 12:09:03 pm
      So I presume the same people saying we are going to "burn out" are thinking city/arsenal/united/chelsea are the ones who are going to beat us to the top 4?

The same city/arsenal/united/chelsea that are contending with european football as well as the premier league?

Solid logic.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36: Sep 27, 2016 12:29:49 pm
      A couple more I've heard in the last 24hrs about the amount of goals we've scored

We have to rely on worldies and set pieces as we don't have anyone running in behind.

The mind boggles  :lmao:

When we don't get players "in behind" it's because we've pushed the opposition so far back, they are in their own 6 yard area  :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Sep 27, 2016 12:40:48 pm
      When we don't get players "in behind" it's because we've pushed the opposition so far back, they are in their own 6 yard area  :laugh:

I guess that's why we've scored and missed so many from cutbacks  :lmao:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38: Sep 27, 2016 12:50:05 pm
      It's great being talked down of, as they now see us a threat once more...
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Sep 27, 2016 12:50:42 pm
      We are playing the type of football that catches the eyes of the world. Long may it continue!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #40: Sep 28, 2016 01:42:30 am
      Just to put things into perspective based on the results so far.

First 6 Matches:
      We've had Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea - 4 tough fixtures - 13pts - 2 Home games
      Scums had City and Leicester - 2 tough fixtures - 12pts - 3 toilet games
      Arsenal had us, Leicester and Chelsea - 2 tough fixtures - 13pts - 3 home games
      Chel$ea had us and arsenal - 2 tough fixtures - 10pts - 3 home games
      Man City had only the scums - 1 tough fixture - 18pts - 3 home games
      Spurs had only us - 1 tough fixture - 14pts - 3 home games
      Everton had only the Spurs - 1 tough fixture - 13pts - 3 home games

Everyone else has had it easy compared to us. I've put Leicester because they're last years league champions, and its pretty debatable whether they should be included as tough fixtures or not. Anywho, a lot of the pundits really need knee reconstruction surgery from sucking too much scum dick.

We probably should've beaten the Spurs. At Hull our performance was great. Unfortunately, it was just one of those days that just wasn't going for us. Our performances so far have been top notch. In all fairness, we've a pretty fu**ed up fixture so far, and we've handled it well that we're in the top 4. In addition to that, we've had 2 out of 6 home games. We've got the scum after this matchweek. After we trash united at home, if those pundits knees still hurt, they should really find a new career path. At this point, they're ridiculous.

F**k them, were gonna win the league!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #41: Sep 28, 2016 05:17:32 am
      I think that they have a point. In some games, our lack of composure in defense in case of burn out will affect us. Also, when we have the ball,our attackers run a lot. I hope we have enough players to sustain that rhythm every game.

Our weakest spot remains the DM position. When our pressing is good, it does not matter who is there but when we'll have to defend really against very good technical attacking midfields, I think we'll struggle. Luckily, there are only 3 teams who have such players -Chelsea, Arsenal and ManCity. Already beat 2 of them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Sep 28, 2016 07:10:53 am
      I think that they have a point. In some games, our lack of composure in defense in case of burn out will affect us. Also, when we have the ball,our attackers run a lot. I hope we have enough players to sustain that rhythm every game.

You should apply for a gig on MOTD. You'd fit right in.

Mind-boggling logic.

Our defenders are F***ing spectators and our attackers pick up the tempo and then float around depending on the time of the game. If any professional athlete gets burnt out doing that, they're not meant to be playing at the top level.

Our weakest spot remains the DM position. When our pressing is good, it does not matter who is there but when we'll have to defend really against very good technical attacking midfields, I think we'll struggle. Luckily, there are only 3 teams who have such players -Chelsea, Arsenal and ManCity. Already beat 2 of them.

Literally just disproven your own concern.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43: Sep 28, 2016 07:15:39 am
      You should apply for a gig on MOTD. You'd fit right in.

Mind-boggling logic.

Our defenders are f**king spectators and our attackers pick up the tempo and then float around depending on the time of the game. If any professional athlete gets burnt out doing that, they're not meant to be playing at the top level.

Literally just disproven your own concern.

Glad it was not just me wondering the point of that post!

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #44: Sep 28, 2016 09:16:08 am

What is burn out? Does it exist? We're talking about some of the top athletes in the world that are asked to perform against other top athletes for 90 minutes in 7 days (given that we have no European football)

The rest of the time they are being monitored on what they eat, their training workload and their sleep. They are surrounded by doctors, nutritionists and sports scientists to help them recover and perform better.

If they start feeling "tired" halfway through a season then as Crouchinho said, they shouldn't be in the team.

Try working with drug addicts and people with serious mental health issues for 6 years...thats f*cking burnout!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #45: Sep 28, 2016 12:00:32 pm
      The experts are right! That's why they're the experts and we're not.

We haven't bought Pogba, don't have Pep as our manager. Our stadium is small. So small that they forget we've 5 European cups and 18 league titles.

All the expensive players leave us for supposedly better clubs.

We haven't bought world class players and we've a manager who's unproven in this league yet Pep is highly rated.

But strange that the experts are so right but they have no eyes to see that we will walk the league and win it this year. Something is wrong with them. When we win it, they'd be right up there saying see I told ya so.

Quick Reply