Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre Match: Swansea City V Liverpool (1st Oct 2016 - 12:30pm)

Read 10546 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Pre Match: Swansea City V Liverpool (1st Oct 2016 - 12:30pm)
      Reply #23: Sep 27, 2016 05:22:34 pm
      Would love to see 2 changes with Lovren and Sturridge coming in. I have a feeling Sturridge will have a point to prove and will have a bit of fire in him vs Swansea.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,281 posts | 763 
      Reply #24: Sep 27, 2016 05:35:02 pm
      We must beat sides like Swansea, to be genuine title contenders. Anyway think I will go for a 2  1 away win for the Reds.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #25: Sep 27, 2016 11:12:21 pm
      It seemed to me that City let swans play when they got the ball, and concentrated on blocking them around the box in final third.
      They wont get as much time and space on the ball in the centre of the park against us. Also, when we've got the ball, we'll be at them sharper and more direct that city.
      There's more as and movement in out attack.  We may concede but I'm confident we'll score at least 3.
      I'm gonna go for 4:1 to us.
       Need to get the prediction in now 😀
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #26: Sep 28, 2016 09:53:00 am
      Think it will be a tight game - but we will overcome 2-1

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #27: Sep 28, 2016 12:04:32 pm
      I'm getting cockier by the day. It's going to be a walk in the park. We're literally defending outside their box. How are we gonna lose? 3 points to us and win by at least two goals.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #28: Sep 28, 2016 12:55:20 pm
      Or... We could quite easily keep destroying whoever we play and not need to grind out 1 - 0 wins.

We are bound to have another Burnley performance sometime, that's when we need the 1-0..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,915 posts | 4982 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Sep 28, 2016 01:01:01 pm
      I'd take a tightly fought 0-1 victory all f***in day against Swans away, deffo tougher than the Burnley and Hull,

The simple fact is they can inflict damage so approach with caution,  might see Can come back in for this one with Lovren back to partner Matip,

Heart says 1-3, my wee brain cell says 0-1

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Sep 28, 2016 01:19:06 pm
      Lads cant wait to get pre match threads going :)

2-1 reds after a far tougher game then a lot seem to think well have
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Sep 28, 2016 02:21:54 pm
      I'd take a tightly fought 0-1 victory all f***in day against Swans away, deffo tougher than the Burnley and Hull,

The simple fact is they can inflict damage so approach with caution,

They've been gash ever since the start of last season, mate. Guidolin has already changed system 3 times this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Sep 28, 2016 03:45:36 pm

The simple fact is they can inflict damage so approach with caution,  might see Can come back in for this one with Lovren back to partner Matip,

Heart says 1-3, my wee brain cell says 0-1

YNWA

Is this the same Swansea who are currently in 17th place with 4 points with speculation about the current manager being fired? We really shouldn't be fearing these guys, this should be a fairly comfortable win, I think.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Sep 28, 2016 04:34:26 pm
      Lads cant wait to get pre match threads going :)

2-1 reds after a far tougher game then a lot seem to think well have

Not to be too analytical, but I wonder if it's the first time in a while where the match, or the next match, is the most important thing, the thing that is on everyone's mind. Because people have a really strong reason to believe that we are going to win that match - that we can win ANY match.

I know I wish it were Saturday.  :)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #34: Sep 28, 2016 08:34:14 pm
      Bet the whole Swansea team sat down and watched Jürgen on telly the other night talking tactics with Carra thinking they've sussed him out !  :lmao: no chance.

Jürgen's telepathic control over our players and how they play will be far too much for Swansea to deal with on Saturday..

What I'm seeing these last few games is unstoppable....

If those same players click like they have been lately i can see no other result.

They're gonna be more worried about us for sure.

Man City turned them over good style last week, so can we..

3-1 win

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #35: Sep 28, 2016 10:09:31 pm
      Seems to be a good time to play this lot, hopefully we give em a bloody hiding and then their next opponent can deal with the uplift that comes after you sack a manager!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Sep 28, 2016 11:22:28 pm
      We must beat sides like Swansea, to be genuine title contenders. Anyway think I will go for a 2  1 away win for the Reds.

I'd be happy with that .

3 Points and a Win pre break.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #37: Sep 28, 2016 11:53:37 pm
      I think well do them 4 - 1 but i'll be happy with 1 - 0 of course. Loving the footy, loving the team spirit, loving everything at the mo, just not convinced we will keep it up against the mid table sides. Swansea will be a massive test of that. We are clearly capable of the 4-1 Ive predicted, but will we actually do it, or anything close.
      I'm praying we have at last turned that corner, god knows the lads seem to have the confidence alright.
      Lets hope they manage to keep the momentum going this season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,281 posts | 763 
      Reply #38: Sep 29, 2016 09:53:14 am
      Did not realise, there was another international break after the Swansea game. Thought that we where playing Man United the following weekend. Still let's make sure of all three points on Saturday.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #39: Sep 29, 2016 10:02:45 am

They were very unlucky not to get something out of the game V City last week.

Alfie, in all honesty mate,we should not be showing no team respect, we are liverpool time to change that mentality....

Teams should be beaten like back in the day before they get of the coach...

Actually, it's probably that attitude which has cost this club for the past 20 years or so. Turning up to games thinking we have won it before a ball has been kicked.

Anyway,  I think the team picks itself for this one.

Karius

Clyne         Matip        Lovren          Milner

Lallana   Hendo  Wijnaldum

Mane        Firmino    Coutinho

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #40: Sep 29, 2016 10:26:20 am
      They were very unlucky not to get something out of the game V City last week.

Actually, it's probably that attitude which has cost this club for the past 20 years or so. Turning up to games thinking we have won it before a ball has been kicked.

Anyway,  I think the team picks itself for this one.

Karius

Clyne         Matip        Lovren          Milner

Lallana   Hendo  Wijnaldum

Mane        Firmino    Coutinho

But thats what we should be doing though. Going into games giving no respect to anyone and expecting to win.

Do you think the Liverpool of old, recent Mancs or current Barca teams go into matches giving people respect. NO they turn up expecting to win and pretty much always do/did.

Of course you need the mentality, players and style of play that enables you to do this but at the minute we do.

One quote from the great Bill Shankly sums up what I'm trying to say perfectly.

"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor."

We need to be going into every match expecting to win regardless of the opposition.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #41: Sep 29, 2016 10:57:20 am
      Don't care about the score, just want three points.

A clean sheet would be nice though!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #42: Sep 29, 2016 11:52:57 am
      But thats what we should be doing though. Going into games giving no respect to anyone and expecting to win.

Do you think the Liverpool of old, recent Mancs or current Barca teams go into matches giving people respect. NO they turn up expecting to win and pretty much always do/did.

Of course you need the mentality, players and style of play that enables you to do this but at the minute we do.

One quote from the great Bill Shankly sums up what I'm trying to say perfectly.

"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor."

We need to be going into every match expecting to win regardless of the opposition.

I know what you're trying to say but I think your wording it incorrectly.

Every team deserves 'respect'. Not doing so would be very foolish. It's also an incredibly arrogant and disrespectful attitude, none of which I associate with Liverpool FC.

There is nothing wrong with expecting to win. I expect Liverpool to win every game we play and that IS something I associate with Liverpool. But you still need to respect your opposition. I think our club has been extremely guilty of turning up to games for the past twenty years thinking it was won before the game even kicked off.

I expect Liverpool to beat Swansea on Saturday and I'm extremely confident of bringing 3 points home. But to have your attitude of we are going to turn up here and beat these 7-0 is just plain wrong.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #43: Sep 29, 2016 01:57:15 pm
      I'd take a tightly fought 0-1 victory all f***in day
      Ahh but you'd take a 4 nil win even quicker Billy... come on buddy, join us, the result will be the same irrespective but us optimists have more fun whilst we are waiting  :P
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #44: Sep 29, 2016 04:52:45 pm
      Think this could be tougher than we think. It certainly will be tougher than Burnley or Hull anyways.

These lads put up a game against City last week, and took a good result against Chelsea too. They've scored a couple of goals against both too. We're still very susceptible to conceding stupid goals as well, which we keep seeing every other week.

We should be winning this, no matter what our aspirations be - 4th place or a title challenge or anything like that. To get 4th place, you beat the bottom 10 teams home & away and Swansea are one of these teams (no offence to them!). Arsenal are the masters at that. We really should be doing similar.

Saying that, if we play the way we have being playing, I expect us to win. Hopefully to nil, but can't see that happening. So maybe a scrappy 2-1 to Penaltypool  ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #45: Sep 29, 2016 04:59:34 pm
      2-6 win...

Come on ;D

Quick Reply