Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

John Henry: Further Anfield expansion unlikely

Read 17097 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: John Henry: Further Anfield expansion unlikely
      Reply #46: Sep 29, 2016 05:49:51 pm
      TBH, I don't want to afford them so I don't, sadly I am not confident of seeing Liverpool play live at Anfield ever again.

£50 is way too much, so £77 is ridiculous, especially when there is no guarantee that your ticket will ensure a good experience and it will be worth it, it's a gamble that I'm not willing to take.

I'm amazed that people can afford the current prices, and pay them week in and week out.

Here, here, well said
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Sep 29, 2016 05:50:28 pm
      Dunno Shabs Staggered costs, plus it might have proved impractical to play matches there if both expansions were done at once?

Having the men,tools & materials on site they could have achieved this & it would have been cost effective too, there is a good chance the price for the ARE refurb could increase with uncertainty in the financial markets at the moment...

TBH, I don't want to afford them so I don't, sadly I am not confident of seeing Liverpool play live at Anfield ever again.

£50 is way too much, so £77 is ridiculous, especially when there is no guarantee that your ticket will ensure a good experience and it will be worth it, it's a gamble that I'm not willing to take.

I'm amazed that people can afford the current prices, and pay them week in and week out.

I'd love to go to Anfield with my 3 kids but it could cost £600 upwards for a match ticket,transport,accommodation for one night... Priced out I'm afraid.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #48: Sep 29, 2016 06:15:10 pm
      I've been more, way more, patient than most with that lot but this has F***ing pushed me like.

Get the F**k.

Yep.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #49: Sep 29, 2016 06:25:31 pm

Football is not a serious sport to the Americans; Soccer as they like to call it does not even allow time for American TV networks to get their Ads in they would like to see the game played over four quarters...Soccer is like the fifth sports in the States and does not even rank up there with the likes of Basket Ball, American Football, Baseball or Ice Hockey... So how do you expect them to not treat our clubs as cash cows??...

For those who do not know I live in North London, Between White Hart Lane and the Emirates... Arsenal’s stadium has a Capacity: 60,432 and a year after completion they were saying that they should have made it a 65,000 + Stadium. And FSG is looking to eventually raise Anfield's capacity to 58,000+??...Old Trafford has a current capacity of 75,600 + City 60,000 +...

We are already at a disadvantage fund wise due to having smaller revenue from less seats in the transfer market, and that is before FSG can find ways to suck the cash out of the club...

Yes they may well have saved us from financial ruining. But that was not done because they love LFC, and football, it was done because they knew that they could make a large profit on their investment...

I know that lot of you out there that think by building a new Stadium you would lose the atmosphere that Anfield has, but the atmosphere in any stadium is made by the supporters... FSG has done things on the cheap for too long from players with "Resalable Value" to "Stadium Renovation"...

I believe that LFC deserve owners who love football for football sake, and will invest money to improve the club, long term and look to make their money back, long term and not quickly strip mining the clubs assets
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #50: Sep 29, 2016 06:26:55 pm
      Having the men,tools & materials on site they could have achieved this & it would have been cost effective too, there is a good chance the price for the ARE refurb could increase with uncertainty in the financial markets at the moment...

I'm pretty sure John Henry won't have paid or will pay one penny more than he has to.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #51: Sep 29, 2016 06:52:26 pm
      Or just maybe the fact they can't sell all the expensive seats in the middle section of the new main stand (the corporate bit) loads of empties in there against Hull last saturday!

I'd imagine most are sold but ala Club Wembley only expect the holders at the big games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Sep 29, 2016 07:18:15 pm
      Ticket prices should have sod all to do with it. The amount of money they have made/saved through transfers out funding transfers in, commercial increases etc and they have the cheek to turn round and say this?!

The club has been in a good place so far this season and they come out with this.

Arseholes.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #53: Sep 29, 2016 07:31:06 pm
      If we can have some civil discussion here.

You are the owner of FSG. You've made the investment(s) and you've reaped whatever profits or increase in value that has resulted.

You manage this property, and that's what it is to you. You didn't grow up on Merseyside. You didn't know who Ray Kennedy or Ian Rush or Bill Paisley were until recently.

What would you do? How would you approach stadium expansion? What about it would motivate you? How would the protests from last year impact you, beyond doing an about-face (and then some) on what had been proposed?

Serious questions.

Another serious question: Who is this other entity that will fund the club at a competitive level without trying to make a profit and continue to increase the value of the "property" they own?

You can dislike these guys all you want, but if you think there is an alternative out there that could somehow lead to our team being competitive at a high level, the club being in sound financial shape without the cost of investment being recouped somehow you are living in a version of reality with which I am not familiar. It isn't 1983 anymore. This is top-level football now and if you don't think so, show me the club that doesn't do all the same things.

I don't say any of these things with personal venom, but basically from his comments I see him saying if they invest in a stand expansion, they need to have a return on that investment and if ticket price increases are a no-go, and this is a stand not suitable for enhanced revenue (luxury suites, etc), than it is far less compelling for them, the people with the money. Why is that such an odd concept?

Who the F**k is Bill Paisley ?

You f***in BAWBAG, can't even get two of our greatest managers names right, FFs, thousands of wee tadpoles and you f***in won !!!

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #54: Sep 29, 2016 07:36:06 pm

I'd love to go to Anfield with my 3 kids but it could cost £600 upwards for a match ticket,transport,accommodation for one night... Priced out I'm afraid.
      Effin ell Shabs where you flying in from .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Sep 29, 2016 07:39:30 pm

BOSTON !
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #56: Sep 29, 2016 07:57:13 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #57: Sep 29, 2016 07:58:26 pm

Shahs with his little ones coming in on a private chartered plane  :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #58: Sep 29, 2016 08:05:48 pm

Brum ;D

I'm sure my figures are right though...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #59: Sep 29, 2016 08:37:43 pm
      The slightest goodwill I had towards FSG has gone...

Then we have some amongst our ranks who say they don't want owners like Abromovich or Mansour...

I bet my house on the fact had we had a petrodollar owner they wouldn't think twice about expansion or a new stadia.

Greedy cu*ts...

How much is enough? F**k sake man, aren't you lot content with the millions you ready have?....f**k.

Why the F**k would we need or want a new stadium?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #60: Sep 29, 2016 08:39:04 pm
      Can't say I'm surprised - at the end of the day, this is tantamount to yet another broken promise no matter what their excuse is.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #61: Sep 29, 2016 08:53:06 pm
      It will be done, all part of the ultimate exit strategy, Increase revenues, increase stadium, increase value of their investment, if we manage a sustained 3/4 year period of champions league football, i fully expect them to sell whilst our stock is high, end of the day its an investment to these guys, not a Saudi/Russian play thing.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #62: Sep 29, 2016 08:59:21 pm
      It will be done, all part of the ultimate exit strategy, Increase revenues, increase stadium, increase value of their investment, if we manage a sustained 3/4 year period of champions league football, i fully expect them to sell whilst our stock is high, end of the day its an investment to these guys, not a Saudi/Russian play thing.

I would say if we sustain a CL spot with consistency (and perhaps even grab a league title) along with the stadium expansion and they do sell then it worked out good for all parties involved.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #63: Sep 29, 2016 09:05:11 pm
      I would say if we sustain a CL spot with consistency (and perhaps even grab a league title) along with the stadium expansion and they do sell then it worked out good for all parties involved.

It will, for all their flaws, they are smart cookies, Liverpool FC is an easier sell with no Stadium issues than the one they bought, ultimately the club will pay for it, even if a FSG loan covers initial cost.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Sep 29, 2016 09:07:15 pm
      Basically this is JWH having a bi*ch regarding last season's protest and the ticket

This is what it is. The Annie Road will happen but he's just trying to justify putting the tickets up while he's at it with bullshit. I can imagine it kills him inside that fan power won and he will be doing his best to find ways to revisit it. Little bits and bobs said here and there while we are on the crest of a wave.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #65: Sep 29, 2016 09:12:08 pm
      Much ado about nothing
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #66: Sep 29, 2016 09:29:15 pm

Sorry mate but it is not much ado about nothing when good REDS have to pay exhorbitant prices to watch their Liverpool play football.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #67: Sep 29, 2016 09:47:27 pm
      Sorry mate but it is not much ado about nothing when good REDS have to pay exhorbitant prices to watch their Liverpool play football.

Could be worse the blueshite only pay £70 less a year for season tickets for sitting in that garbage dump.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #68: Sep 29, 2016 09:55:25 pm
      Could be worse the blueshite only pay £70 less a year for season tickets for sitting in that garbage dump.

If you are looking for standards the last place you should look to is Goodison Park.We vhave always been superior to them in every respect mostly where it mattered on the pitch.Last of all football was always regarded as a working mans sport a place where a man could take his sons and still be able to afford a couple of pints.

Quick Reply