Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

John Henry: Further Anfield expansion unlikely

Read 17363 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: John Henry: Further Anfield expansion unlikely
      Reply #69: Sep 29, 2016 10:10:42 pm
      Last of all football was always regarded as a working mans sport a place where a man could take his sons and still be able to afford a couple of pints.

Well I am sure there are billions of supporters in all sports that would agree with you, unfortunately for all of us its the world we live in today. If I wanted to travel to see a team here locally for 4 of us it would run somewhere between $750-$1000 and that would not even be one of the teams I support...it would be like somebody going from Merseyside to watch a Sunderland match because the prices are cheaper. If I wanted to go and see my teams it would run $2500-$5000 for travel/tickets/food to see one game or match.

That's why I watch on TV :)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #70: Sep 30, 2016 12:09:22 am
      The original expansion was really only done because it was stipulated in the terms of sale. They don't give a f**k, their track record is one of buying so so players in the hope they get better and selling the cream, they must think all their Christmas's have come at once with this manager because it's him keeping the mob at bay.
      Even if expansion wasn't economically the clear cut categorical way forward how about just operating from a view point that you want as many people to be able watch Liverpool as possible, the same people that prop up and sustain the club and if that in the long runs costs a few more quid than it brings in so be it but no its money money money with these owners
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #71: Sep 30, 2016 02:14:41 am

Who the f**k is Bill Paisley ?

You f***in BAWBAG, can't even get two of our greatest managers names right, FFs, thousands of wee tadpoles and you f***in won !!!

YNWA

:) I'm just disappointed it took you so long.

I WILL confess I honestly do not know what a BAWBAG is.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Sep 30, 2016 05:37:39 am
      Again - someone show me what he was asked! Please? This one comment from JWH came from a whole interview and the person spreading this information wouldn't even bother telling me what was asked of JWH when i approached them for an answer.

Oh well, the reporter got the reaction they wanted, i guess.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #73: Sep 30, 2016 10:50:22 am

Terrible attitude, typical I'm ok jack F**k you
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Sep 30, 2016 11:48:58 am
      If you are looking for standards the last place you should look to is Goodison Park.We vhave always been superior to them in every respect mostly where it mattered on the pitch.Last of all football was always regarded as a working mans sport a place where a man could take his sons and still be able to afford a couple of pints.

I took my son to the preseason game in St. Louis for what would be about 46 quid per ticket. For us, that's basically a year's worth of "special" events. I work two jobs (one full and one half) and there's no way we can afford any kind of regular attendance at sporting events here. Most people I know only go to American football or basseball if someone they know with connections to corporate types gets a free ticket or two tossed their way. That's basically the entire professional sports scene over here.

A season ticket at Anfield (do you have one?), what does that come out to per match typically?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #75: Sep 30, 2016 11:52:20 am
      I took my son to the preseason game in St. Louis for what would be about 46 quid per ticket. For us, that's basically a year's worth of "special" events. I work two jobs (one full and one half) and there's no way we can afford any kind of regular attendance at sporting events here. Most people I know only go to American football or basseball if someone they know with connections to corporate types gets a free ticket or two tossed their way. That's basically the entire professional sports scene over here.

A season ticket at Anfield (do you have one?), what does that come out to per match typically?

I'm guessing a season ticket comes with a brown envelope, maybe white, and access to 19 games, and arm twists to buy cup tickets.

But I'm only guessing here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #76: Sep 30, 2016 11:58:41 am
       :)
      I'm guessing a season ticket comes with a brown envelope, maybe white, and access to 19 games, and arm twists to buy cup tickets.

But I'm only guessing here.

And the price per ticket?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #77: Sep 30, 2016 01:54:23 pm

It's on the Offal; http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-2016-17-season-ticket-renewals

Dearest £859 or £45 a game
      Cheapest £685 or £36 a game, (Adult)

Stand alone tickets £39-59.

Hospitality £3,600 for the season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #78: Sep 30, 2016 02:10:25 pm
      It's on the Offal; http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-2016-17-season-ticket-renewals

Thank you and apologies for not looking it up myself.

So I guess I wouldn't be attending matches if I lived over there, either.

In a past life when I would come over, it didn't seem quite so expensive, although the LFC tickets usually cost me more than did other clubs' tickets, of course this was especially true at some of the non-league clubs I watched like Chelmsford City and Diss Town. Great atmosphere at those places nonetheless, more like a small town social. The football....not so much.

But it's true here too, I have old tickets for baseball for the cost of what I might pay to eat fast food. So nothing's the same and the money has exploded. As long as corporate types pay top dollar for these seats, that's what clubs will sell them for. Fans are a secondary concern for the most part.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #79: Sep 30, 2016 02:27:01 pm

Football is not a serious sport to the Americans; Soccer as they like to call it does not even allow time for American TV networks to get their Ads in they would like to see the game played over four quarters...Soccer is like the fifth sports in the States and does not even rank up there with the likes of Basket Ball, American Football, Baseball or Ice Hockey... So how do you expect them to not treat our clubs as cash cows??...

Wait...what? It's not a serious sport? NBC Sports just paid somewhere north of a billion dollars to broadcast EPL games in America. People are going mad for Soccer over here (Soccer...as YOU LOT named it in England to differentiate it form Rugby I believe..either way, we didn't name it that, we just adopted the name because we already have a popular sport called football) and one of the reasons the premier league is awash with money is because of TV deals like the one NBC signed. Say what you will but America is all in on soccer and hopefully it will surpass Baseball and Hockey to become one of the big three in this country.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #80: Sep 30, 2016 02:29:17 pm

Only way I'm going to watch a game with my 3 boys is through hospitality & depending on package I go for the cost are well...

Games:

Gold- £455.80.
      Silver- £406.80.
      Bronze-£370.80.

Boot room restaurant, access to museum & coffee,tea after match in lounge.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #81: Sep 30, 2016 02:50:15 pm
      For those who do not know I live in North London, Between White Hart Lane and the Emirates... Arsenal’s stadium has a Capacity: 60,432 and a year after completion they were saying that they should have made it a 65,000 + Stadium. And FSG is looking to eventually raise Anfield's capacity to 58,000+??...Old Trafford has a current capacity of 75,600 + City 60,000 +...

Due to the transport infrastructure, ANFIELD CAN NOT BE DEVELOPED BEYOND 60,000, or just for the point neither can Goodison.

The area can not accommodate any more until there are better roads, a new railway station, a tram, or even a monorail, or airport.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #82: Sep 30, 2016 02:51:26 pm
      I read this a while ago and i wanted to post how the only difference between what FSG are doing and almost the entire sports business world is one thing; communication.

Every single club/franchise/organisation in sport is trying to get fans to fork out $/£ in one way or another.

FAN ENGAGEMENT: AVOID THE RELEGATION ZONE
      We recently saw a dramatic demonstration of Fan Power and the cost to football clubs who don’t communicate and engage properly with their fans.

Liverpool Football Club Fans had been engaged in a 13 month debate with the club’s owners over a proposal to raise match day ticket prices to £77 each and £1,029 for a season ticket. At the last minute the door was slammed in their faces. As a result at the recent Sunderland vs Liverpool match an estimated 10,000 Liverpool fans staged a mass protest and walk-out of the stadium at the 77th minute. Fenway Sports Group (FSG), American owners of Liverpool Football Club, realised the awful publicity and risk of permanent damage to their carefully nurtured global brand. With faces as red as their team player’s kit, they were forced into a very public capitulation. A public letter of apology was issued and general admission prices have been frozen at 2015/16 levels for the next 2 seasons.  It’s a victory for fans that might just mark the start of a change in the way that clubs engage with fans who up to now have been too often taken for granted.

FSG’s own communications underlines the gap between what FSG are saying and how the Liverpool fans who pay them are thinking and feeling: The very corporate ‘Subway Case Study’ on their website talking about the business benefits of having Subway as the team’s Official Training Food; their own website talked about “turning fans into customers” after they announced the price rises earlier this month. (This has subsequently been updated to read “Transforming consumers into fans”.) This just adds to the impression that many of the Premier League’s club of overseas owners often appear to inhabit a world apart from their fans. And it was mis-communications like this which added fuel to the fires burning in the angry fans’ hearts.

Football clubs could learn a thing or two from the other brands who are better at engaging with the football fan community: Carlsberg (the official beer partner of the Premier League and Liverpool); Puma; Barclays, and Subway. The Premier League offers brands a unique opportunity to encourage year-long engagement around a sport fuelled by tremendous levels of passion, loyalty, and ritual. Those that manage to weave their identity into the culture of the sport can achieve the kind of awareness and loyalty that all brands can only dream of. The huge irony seems to be it’s the owners of the football clubs themselves who seem to be finding this the greatest challenge. Engagement in football, or indeed any sport, has to be about building deeper connections with fans, and a need to create a never-ending conversation in all channels that builds loyalty and extends lifetime value for mutual benefit for the club, its partners and the fans.

If sports clubs around the world don’t start to invest in fan engagement they’ll find themselves in the relegation zone with their own supporters. Clubs need to start to engage a global fan base and ensure that the fan of today is also the fan of tomorrow.

The Champions League of Fan Engagement

The Philadelphia Flyers ice-hockey team in the USA, an example given by Paul Greenberg, are champions of fan engagement. The Flyers know that there are two things they have to do:

1. Retain the fans they have, and if fans renew their season tickets early then the Flyers get revenue in the bank, and they can start planning for the next season.

2, Get new season ticket holders. The Flyers wanted to convert the casual game goer to a season ticket holder.
      The best thing, of course, is to have a winning season. But every sports club knows you can’t have that all of the time. So to do this The Flyers have two fan engagement programmes:

“How You Doing?” programme

Every fan is personally greeted by a Flyers member of staff when they enter the stadium and are asked if they need anything. Every single member of staff is responsible. The fans then rate the results, 1 to 5, 5-star being highly satisfied.

97% of fans gave five out of five, highly satisfied.

Early Bird programme

The Flyers have all of their fans rated one through five stars, based on their propensity to renew. Fans get great benefits for early renewal. For example, if you’ve got child they can go on the ice during a live game, and as the team’s coming out, they can high-five the team. Regardless of your propensity to renew, you get invited to the team barbeque to just hang out with the players all day. The results from a three-year study 2010-2012: One star: 83.7% renewed early; Two stars: 84.7% renewed early; Three stars: 82% renewed early; Four stars: 89% renewed early…

Five stars: 92% renewed early

92% is fan engagement, it just doesn’t get better than that.

What’s more if you’re an employee of this team, you want to do things to help the team. But you’re also self-interested; you want something for it too. You can get high ratings as an employee from these fans. If you’re really good, you can get a $1,000 bonus. You can get a free holiday. So, everybody is engaged, employees, and customers, and management, and staff. This is true engagement.

The Flyers are now looking at new fan engagement initiatives to understand each fan’s behaviour to treat them uniquely, such as texting them ticket offers or deals for a favourite players’ jersey. The team are looking at new wearable technology for the players to again enhance the fan experience and new interactive stats mean fans can focus on their favourite players and compare their team to others in the NHL.

The fans at Liverpool who claim “You’ll never walk alone” would really love the way the Flyers want their fans to feel like they’re part of the team, and how they let their voices be heard by asking for and sharing reviews and embracing user-generated content.

However the key to the trophy cabinet lies in the data the clubs could have about their fans. Fans are living, breathing, real people, not a 2D persona. Clubs need to recognise local fans vs overseas fans, new first-time fans to loyal families of generations of fans. And having recognised them then offer relevant, personalised moments and experiences for each individual fan. As a result clubs need to have real-time, actionable journey insight, which show the real picture across every channel and point where a fan could come into contact with the club’s brand. Real-time actionable journey insight would enable club owners to:

Understand who their fans are, what they need and where they are on their journey to meet that need.
      Have an intelligent and connected conversations with those fans as they interact across any channel, device, irrespective of whether it was a quick look at the league table on the mobile app, listening to the latest podcast interview with the manager, researching a stadium tour on the website, or trying to buy the latest kit in their shop at the stadium.
      Build a relationship with fans which is built on something much stronger than the lottery of a penalty shoot-out or hit-and-hope emails.

Find out for each fan their player preferences, match and competition preferences, retail and hospitality needs, geo-location and interaction with player content – then converse with fans in person, online, by email, over the phone with features, offers and messages which are relevant to those preferences and needs.
      All this creates an effortless bond with the fan. Every fan feels valued and has enriched interactions with the club and the club understands exactly who they are and what they want. Value to the fan means value to the club. Engaging fans, or customers, is all about creating value for both. After all, it’s a game of two halves.

https://www.thunderhead.com/fan-engagement-avoid-the-relegation-zone/

Two teams. Same goal. Different approach.

One is viewed more favourably than the other, but both with one goal in mind. Money.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #83: Sep 30, 2016 04:43:58 pm
      Again - someone show me what he was asked! Please? This one comment from JWH came from a whole interview and the person spreading this information wouldn't even bother telling me what was asked of JWH when i approached them for an answer.

Oh well, the reporter got the reaction they wanted, i guess.

It doesn't take much nowadays, anger is almost the default response.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Sep 30, 2016 04:50:33 pm
      It doesn't take much nowadays, anger is almost the default response.

The silence in response to my question speaks volumes.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #85: Sep 30, 2016 04:55:09 pm
      The silence in response to my question speaks volumes.

News is created as much as it's reported nowadays.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #86: Sep 30, 2016 05:27:15 pm
      Wait...what? It's not a serious sport? NBC Sports just paid somewhere north of a billion dollars to broadcast EPL games in America. People are going mad for Soccer over here (Soccer...as YOU LOT named it in England to differentiate it form Rugby I believe..either way, we didn't name it that, we just adopted the name because we already have a popular sport called football)

What the suits called it, we call it footie dickhead ;)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #87: Sep 30, 2016 05:30:20 pm
      I read this a while ago and i wanted to post how the only difference between what FSG are doing and almost the entire sports business world is one thing; communication.

Every single club/franchise/organisation in sport is trying to get fans to fork out $/£ in one way or another.

Exactly so it's up to fans to stand up to these greedy bas**rds.

It's funny these cu*ts thought they could pull the wool over scouser's eyes!!

Even those who do timeshares abroad etc all know never try and blag a scouser.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #88: Sep 30, 2016 05:43:42 pm

Which is an issue. Their communication has been poor.

But i'd prefer owners who are proactive and improving the club whilst milking fans than cu*ts who aren't proactive, sitting on what they've got and milking fans.

It doesn't matter who is the owner, be it FSG or some other businessmen, the main thing for anyone at the helm would be to increase revenue. Sports technology, sports marketing and fan engagement is the hot topic for any sports business person right now. The indicator of successful practice is $$$ in the bank.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #89: Sep 30, 2016 05:46:21 pm
      Exactly so it's up to fans to stand up to these greedy bas**rds.

It's funny these cu*ts thought they could pull the wool over scouser's eyes!!

Yep, even the timeshare rogues know to adopt the Napoleon pose when meeting a scouser. One hand inside the coat guarding your wallet while the other arm behind the back hiding your watch and guarding your back pocket :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #90: Sep 30, 2016 06:03:31 pm
      Another storm in a teacup, perpetuated by the permanently angry and entitled.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #91: Sep 30, 2016 07:14:13 pm

Quick Reply