Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Help.....my grandson is a Liverpool supporter

Read 2473 times
      matlockram
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 6 posts |
      Help.....my grandson is a Liverpool supporter
      Sep 29, 2016 10:14:58 pm
      Hi guys, i myself am a Derby supporter and i took my grandson who's a Red to the game last week at the iPro, his first live Liverpool game! It was part of his Christmas pressie & he wanted a half & half scarf....yes i know, it's just not the done thing....but i promised i would get him one after the game but all the sellers had buggered off!! That was also supposed to be part of his Christmas pressie & needless to say i've seriously ended up in the doghouse for making promises i failed to deliver on!!
      Now i'm asking a massive favour here of you kind hearted people....can anybody please help me out here....and yes i know it's only usually day trippers who buy these awful scarves but it's something our Macaulay really wanted as a memento of his first Reds game!!
      Anyway thanks for your time guys, and it goes without saying that any help would be greatly appreciated...oh, and you totally outclassed us....and good luck for the rest of the season!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Help.....my grandson is a Liverpool supporter
      Reply #1: Sep 29, 2016 10:20:28 pm
      Hi guys, i myself am a Derby supporter and i took my grandson who's a Red to the game last week at the iPro, his first live Liverpool game! It was part of his Christmas pressie & he wanted a half & half scarf....yes i know, it's just not the done thing....but i promised i would get him one after the game but all the sellers had buggered off!! That was also supposed to be part of his Christmas pressie & needless to say i've seriously ended up in the doghouse for making promises i failed to deliver on!!
      Now i'm asking a massive favour here of you kind hearted people....can anybody please help me out here....and yes i know it's only usually day trippers who buy these awful scarves but it's something our Macaulay really wanted as a memento of his first Reds game!!
      Anyway thanks for your time guys, and it goes without saying that any help would be greatly appreciated...oh, and you totally outclassed us....and good luck for the rest of the season!!

Show him the right way mate and get him a proper LFC scarf.

You are the adult set him a good example  ;)

matlockram
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 6 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 29, 2016 10:40:39 pm
      Show him the right way mate and get him a proper LFC scarf.

I know mate, it's just so wrong!! I could never wear a half & half scarf...imagine Derby & Forest on the same scarf....like you guys wearing a Liverpool & Manc one....but it's what he wants & boy have i had some stick for "letting him down".....some effin grandad iam!!

You are the adult set him a good example  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Sep 29, 2016 11:45:30 pm
      I've got loads of old lfc scarves if he wants one
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #4: Sep 30, 2016 07:10:19 am

There are 2 scarfs on one listing on eBay right now mate.

He'll appreciate them a lot more when he's older. There are 12 hours left on them.

Search liverpool champions league scarf. (Not mine by the way)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Sep 30, 2016 07:38:22 am
      Look after that little LAD,we cannot afford to lose good REDS. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #6: Sep 30, 2016 08:17:36 am
      EBay or I'd imagine one of the traders outside the ground. Ask them at Hull's next game I'm sure they didn't sell out of them?
      matlockram
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 6 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 02, 2016 09:36:42 pm
      Thanks for all the replies guys but unfortunately he still wants one of these damned scarves....personally i blame the fact that his Dad isn't interested in football so Macaulay himself doesn't know any difference! I suspect the only way he will ever get to watch the reds at Anfield is if i took him but obviously tickets would be a problem, unless by some miracle the Rams got up to the Prem in which case he would be amongst us Derby fans!! Anyway, as ive said previously, any help would be greatly appreciated guys!!
      Up the Reds (and Rams of course!!)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #8: Oct 02, 2016 09:45:42 pm
      Thanks for all the replies guys but unfortunately he still wants one of these damned scarves....personally i blame the fact that his Dad isn't interested in football so Macaulay himself doesn't know any difference! I suspect the only way he will ever get to watch the reds at Anfield is if i took him but obviously tickets would be a problem, unless by some miracle the Rams got up to the Prem in which case he would be amongst us Derby fans!! Anyway, as ive said previously, any help would be greatly appreciated guys!!
      Up the Reds (and Rams of course!!)

Buy two scarf's, cut them in half get someone to sew them together (10 quid ) or have a go yourself.

matlockram
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 6 posts |
      Reply #9: Oct 02, 2016 09:49:39 pm
      Buy two scarf's, cut them in half get someone to sew them together (10 quid ) or have a go yourself.

I like your logic there mate but i suspect he would notice the difference, i know he's from Nottingham but he's smarter than the average Notts people, but having said that a potato is smarter than any Forest fans i've ever encountered!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Oct 02, 2016 10:04:14 pm
      I like your logic there mate but i suspect he would notice the difference, i know he's from Nottingham but he's smarter than the average Notts people, but having said that a potato is smarter than any Forest fans i've ever encountered!!

Just had a look, the best option is eBay, but none out there.

Here is a link to keep and eye out. http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/scarf-v
      matlockram
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 6 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 02, 2016 10:11:27 pm
      Just had a look, the best option is eBay, but none out there.

Here is a link to keep and eye out. http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/scarf-v

Thanks for that, i have been looking on e-bay each day, hopefully one will surface soon!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12: Oct 02, 2016 10:28:14 pm
      If I'm walking through town this week I'll ask some of the scarf sellers by Spoons or up by Clayton Square if they can help.

Not promising I'll be that end though so don't get too excited you bad halfy halfy beaut ;)
      matlockram
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 6 posts |
      Reply #13: Oct 02, 2016 10:41:31 pm
      If I'm walking through town this week I'll ask some of the scarf sellers by Spoons or up by Clayton Square if they can help.

Not promising I'll be that end though so don't get too excited you bad halfy halfy beaut ;)

Thanks for your help....he will learn as he gets older!!

Quick Reply