Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think the result will be on Monday?

Liverpool win
      107 (90.7%)
      Draw
      8 (6.8%)
      United win
      3 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: Oct 18, 2016 01:06:28 pm

Pre Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (17th Oct 2016 - 8:00pm)

Read 52397 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (17th Oct 2016 - 8:00pm)
      Oct 03, 2016 10:32:58 pm

Always the first game I look for when the fixtures come out at the start of the season, It will be strange playing them on a Monday night but under lights at Anfield, the atmosphere will be electric. And not to tempt faith but I really fancy us! Lets blitz them. They are set to walk into a red storm in two weeks!

My only worry and the only way I see them beating us is from set pieces. They scored 3 against Leicester and looked dangerous the same way at home to Stoke and we are absolutely atrocious at defending them! However they can't get corners without the ball and we're not going to let them have it. The team picks itself if everyone is fit in two weeks:

Karius

Clyne  Matip  Lovren  Milner

Wijnaldum Henderson

Mane     Lallana    Coutinho

Firmino

I'm gong to say 3-1 Liverpool with Coutinho the star of the show. COME ON REDMEN!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (17th Oct 2016 - 8:00pm)
      Reply #1: Oct 03, 2016 10:34:18 pm
      Gonna be a painfully long wait for this one.... 
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2: Oct 03, 2016 10:35:00 pm
      Pretty keen, it's 2 weeks away!

Either way, we'll smash them. 3-0.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Oct 03, 2016 10:36:11 pm
      When ? 

Thats nearly Christmas ...

;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Oct 03, 2016 10:57:26 pm
      Going to have to find a bar in Marmaris for this one.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Oct 03, 2016 11:08:50 pm
      Gonna be a painfully long wait for this one....

Too long, agreed.

But maybe we can get two managers sacked in a row.  ;D

Off to watch Coutinho's goal at OT last season in the Europa League.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Oct 03, 2016 11:36:22 pm
      Jeez I'm buzzing for this one, the biggest game in the football calendar, under the floodlights at Anfield for a night game is always something special, this one will be no different, the KOP is gonna be bouncing, and we can create the same atmosphere we did last season when we played them in the Europa League and with more fans now  8)  press press press HIGH !!! I just know whatever team Jürgen picks, they will play magnificently in that RED shirt, Maureen's boys won't know whats hit them  :D

Can't come soon enough for me and to be on the KOP that night will be an electric atmosphere, bring it on boys  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:

First clean sheet of the season in the league against these? You betcha 2-0  8)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Oct 04, 2016 01:33:19 am
      4-0 win.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Oct 04, 2016 01:45:52 am
      Mourinho and Manure must be shitting themselves having to play our Liverpool Reds.The delay before the match is played can only add to their problems.Could Mourinho be the one to follow Moyes out of the gate to Sunderland. :laugh:
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #9: Oct 04, 2016 03:33:45 am
      Going to have to find a bar in Marmaris for this one.

There's a Liverpool bar situated literally next door to a United bar near the beachfront. That'll be some atmosphere!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Oct 04, 2016 09:02:08 am
      Am I allowed to post in this thread now and during the match for some banter win, lose or draw guys & girls?? Don't want to be accused of being a WUM when most people who know me on here know I'm not. Now don't all answer at once. Don't want the server to crash  ;D do I have moderators approval?? 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11: Oct 04, 2016 09:04:38 am
      Am I allowed to post in this thread now and during the match for some banter win, lose or draw guys & girls?? Don't want to be accused of being a WUM when most people who know me on here know I'm not. Now don't all answer at once. Don't want the server to crash  ;D do I have moderators approval?? 

As this thread gets shut an hour before the game, I say post all you want. ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Oct 04, 2016 09:06:38 am

I don't see any reason why you should not post Keith.You are a forum member so carry on posting.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Oct 04, 2016 09:23:31 am
      As this thread gets shut an hour before the game, I say post all you want. ;)

Fell for that one didn't i  :lmao: Well I can still ask the question so I'm ready for when the main thread starts  ;D so the question still remains for when the main thread opens.  Calling all mods??  And members  ;D
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #14: Oct 04, 2016 09:28:53 am

There's loads of reds who post on shitcaf. I find them the strangest breed of fans, racking up thousands of posts on an opposition forum. Remaining completely unbiased at all times and at times even playing down their teams achievements.

Much like yourself actually Keith!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #15: Oct 04, 2016 09:30:24 am
      There's a Liverpool bar situated literally next door to a United bar near the beachfront. That'll be some atmosphere!

Couple of other football bars in that vicinity too, can't remember who now, Chelsea and Rangers maybe?

I watched our last game of the 13-14 season in that Liverpool bar. Home game V Newcastle. We won but obviously we had missed out on the league. We got some stick from the Man U bar but it was nothing hostile, it was all good friendly banter to be fair which is unusual between us and them and especially after a few shandys too!

Anyway moving on to the game, I don't think it'll be as straight forward as many of us think. Mourinho is an absolute c**t of a manager, a cheat basically, and he will do everything he can to make it difficult for us. They will waste time with throw ins, free kicks, corners and slow the game right down. I can see them diving a lot and then surrounding the ref trying to get our lads booked.

It'll be tough.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Oct 04, 2016 09:32:31 am

:lmao:

Post away.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17: Oct 04, 2016 09:51:01 am

Anyway moving on to the game, I don't think it'll be as straight forward as many of us think. Mourinho is an absolute c**t of a manager, a cheat basically, and he will do everything he can to make it difficult for us. They will waste time with throw ins, free kicks, corners and slow the game right down. I can see them diving a lot and then surrounding the ref trying to get our lads booked.

It'll be tough.

Not as tough as in Ferguson's days when he had all the officials in his pocket, the underhand tactics you indicate were par for the course in whisky nose's tenure and the officials gladly played with his balls.

Not so now with everyone hating Mourinho including a good many of their supporters and us not having to resort to such cheating the game will be decided on footballing merit, I would go as far as to say you probably are more enthusiastic about Mourinho's ''tactics'' than most of the mancs.   

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #18: Oct 04, 2016 10:11:58 am
      Basically a derby game, so anything can happen. Still confident of a win, maybe even a big win.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #19: Oct 04, 2016 10:26:29 am
      Don't want to be accused of being a WUM when most people who know me on here know I'm not. Now don't all answer at once.

I haven't got a problem with anybody posting who can remain within the boundaries of reasonable discussion.  Let's face it - even if you win (which you obviously won't) there's a good chance you'll still be below us.

<shots fired>

;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Oct 04, 2016 10:52:14 am
      I haven't got a problem with anybody posting who can remain within the boundaries of reasonable discussion.  Let's face it - even if you win (which you obviously won't) there's a good chance you'll still be below us.

<shots fired>

;)

Thanks JD will do my best to keep it under the boundaries of reasonable even though I'm not sure what the guide lines are  ;D.

< bullets taken >  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21: Oct 04, 2016 11:01:44 am
      It'll be the usual sh*t fest that the moany one serves up.  Every trick in the book will be on display, time wasting, feigning injury, niggles, nastiness and their horrible songs will be sung.

They won't come to play footy, they'll come to disrupt us, frustrate us and do whatever necessary to not lose the game.

I've gone for a very bullish 4-1 win as they're not good enough defensively to park a full bus, maybe a couple of mini buses but they'll break down with a couple of sendings off.

Play our own game, high intensity, quick movement and we'll leave them dizzy and dazed  ;D
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: Oct 04, 2016 11:06:37 am

Post away Keith, it will be really interesting to get a view from the other side. ;)

Quick Reply