Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      26 (21%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (4%)
      James Milner
      26 (21%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (8.1%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      33 (26.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (6.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      12 (9.7%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2016 09:53:29 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 38673 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Oct 18, 2016 10:36:38 pm
      It was very flat, remember thinking that watching the game. Very disappointing, players didn't exactly inspire a great atmosphere but they shouldn't have to, place should have been rocking start to finish.

I thought it odd that last season with the Europa League matches, we roared on our team coach against this lot whilst taunting their's on arrival. Huge gatherings of fans cheering on the lads, and welcoming them to Anfield.

Here we are, another evening against Man Utd, and it seemed empty. Think I saw the team coach arrive just as normal.

Do the fans really need it to be a tournament game to take it seriously?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #645: Oct 18, 2016 10:55:13 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #646: Oct 18, 2016 11:35:08 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #647: Oct 19, 2016 05:02:34 am
      Quote from DanMann
      The difference is, Man Utd should be able to come at us and take home a win. They've done it enough times, and on enough times where they didn't deserve it. I think most of us before the game were anxious that our luck would be gone yet again, and Man Utd could get the 3 points.

As it is, Mourinho played for the draw. His whole plan was to stop us scoring. Sure enough, he got what he wanted, but most people can see the embarrassing nature of that 1 point. 35% possession says it all.

It says nothing tbh. If he wants to come here and play for a point, that's his prerogative. His way of playing in these games works for him, and it's why he's a three time English league champion in half the time I'm been waiting for our first since 1990. Interesting that some people complaining about him shutting up shop, still tear into Rodgers for not ripping up our free flowing game plan, to settle for a point ourselves in 2014.

They came for a point last year, and scored with their only shot on target. They came for a 0-0 in Europe too, but thankfully we scored and they fell apart after that.

We're not going to get an open game at home to a Mourinho side. It's bloody horrible to play against, but it's also very effective. It's our home game, the onus is on us, to win it, we have 90 minutes to put the ball in, and if we can't do it, then we cant do it. Chances are very few and far between, and they have to be taken. We know what we have to face, but until we find a solution, it'll be groundhog day every time at home.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #648: Oct 19, 2016 07:04:36 am
      It says nothing tbh. If he wants to come here and play for a point, that's his prerogative. His way of playing in these games works for him, and it's why he's a three time English league champion in half the time I'm been waiting for our first since 1990. Interesting that some people complaining about him shutting up shop, still tear into Rodgers for not ripping up our free flowing game plan, to settle for a point ourselves in 2014.

They came for a point last year, and scored with their only shot on target. They came for a 0-0 in Europe too, but thankfully we scored and they fell apart after that.

We're not going to get an open game at home to a Mourinho side. It's bloody horrible to play against, but it's also very effective. It's our home game, the onus is on us, to win it, we have 90 minutes to put the ball in, and if we can't do it, then we cant do it. Chances are very few and far between, and they have to be taken. We know what we have to face, but until we find a solution, it'll be groundhog day every time at home.

Your right the onus is on us as we know from previous experience he is not interested in playing football.

Maybe we just have to accept that scoring against 6 defenders and 3 DM's might not happen, and end of the day it's no big deal as long as we don't slip up on Saturday.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #649: Oct 19, 2016 07:19:28 am
      Strangest thing of all about the other night , was some folk thinking he would do anything else that's always been his way , we needed the early break to make it a game , when they got to half time 0 0  you just knew what the second half would be about , butfora world class goal keeper we would have pissed on them , at least he never got the sneaky win he craved .
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #650: Oct 19, 2016 07:45:35 am
      It is not the best result that we hoped for but we picked up a point and it could as well turn out to be a push factor to do better in the next game and collect maximum points in the coming fixtures.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #651: Oct 19, 2016 08:09:29 am
      Seeing the term bottled it on here, what a load of utter sh*t, wasn't great but it wasn't down to a lack of effort. Had the misfortune owing to several guests being present to have to put up with Neville and Tyler on sky, absolutely embarrassing one sided biased drivel all night and the hugely average whiny little c**t Herrera getting mom topped it off. How the F**k sky can defend that is beyond me, i bet mutv was more impartial
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #652: Oct 19, 2016 08:28:18 am
      Strangest thing of all about the other night , was some folk thinking he would do anything else that's always been his way , we needed the early break to make it a game , when they got to half time 0 0  you just knew what the second half would be about , butfora world class goal keeper we would have pissed on them , at least he never got the sneaky win he craved .

It's a pity one of our REDS could not of done a Garcia on Mourinho,I have good memories of that goal.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #653: Oct 19, 2016 09:12:17 am
      Surprised nobodys mentioned the atmosphere. Sounded dire.

https://twitter.com/merpollfc/status/788321945293033472

Coincidence?
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #654: Oct 19, 2016 12:30:47 pm
      I'm not that bothered about the game. We were poor but still got something out of the game. Like other poster's have said , 2ts off the top of the table having played a lot of our rivals. Although we're not quite there yet , you can see the shoots of a resilient team starting to emerge. A couple of class additions in January would give us that edge we need.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #655: Oct 19, 2016 01:48:12 pm
      If that's all they can offer with all the money they've spent I'm afraid Mr Singleton and his mates are in for a long boring season with lots of ticket money wasted on sh*te performances like that every week IMO.
      The buses just get bigger and bigger don't they...

Oh look, The West Bromwich Albion Bus is coming down the M62 ... :roll:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #656: Oct 19, 2016 03:20:55 pm
      You can guarantee he went into that match thinking he was going to 'manage' the game, which loosely translated means he was not going to get his cards out unless he absolutely had to.

Can't stand refs who do that, play the F***ing rules you c**t. Why should our game plan be impacted by the ref? If he had the balls to book their lot for the repeated fouling then it would have made them think twice before sticking the boot in.

But then you get the 'he ruined the game' crowd out. Referees don't ruin games with cards, players do.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #657: Oct 19, 2016 03:29:36 pm
      But then you get the 'he ruined the game' crowd out. Referees don't ruin games with cards, players do.

I have seen referees ruin games time and time again by being whistle happy or whistle bitches. They can miss big calls, make calls they shouldn't and can ultimately cost teams goals, players or at least, momentum.

Referees have ruined plenty of matches, and don't even get me started on linesmen who have been terrible forever.

We have the money to use technology, let's use it ffs.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #658: Oct 19, 2016 03:43:52 pm
      I have seen referees ruin games time and time again by being whistle happy or whistle bitches. They can miss big calls, make calls they shouldn't and can ultimately cost teams goals, players or at least, momentum.

Referees have ruined plenty of matches, and don't even get me started on linesmen who have been terrible forever.

We have the money to use technology, let's use it ffs.

I'm so against technology and I've seen players ruin games far more times than referees have. Mistakes, by players, managers or refs, are what makes the game for me, far too much of life is sanitised already.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #659: Oct 19, 2016 03:58:52 pm

Yep, but that only stems from the fact fans have got so used to players being allowed to get away with too much.

If they strictly enforced the rules you would see a noticeable difference within weeks, no doubt about it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #660: Oct 19, 2016 04:00:37 pm

I don't think Mourinho outwitted us at all, we just weren't at the races in the first half. I didn't think they'd score in the first half despite them looking more comfortable, but Sturridge being absolutely AWOL and Can turning in midfield like an oil tanker made us look horrifically and uncharacteristcally disjointed.
      I have to totally agree with your analysis, and add that everytime Sturrigde comes back from England duty it seems to take him three to four games to get back into the swing of things
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #661: Oct 19, 2016 04:05:16 pm
      Why people keep comparing him with De Gea I will never understand;for every De Gea that had a shaky start in England but turned world class there is a Mignolet that had the same start(at Liverpool) but turned average,yet I don`t see nobody pointing this out.
      He made mistakes and people are frustrated because they`ve seen the same sh*t with Mignolet and are tired of it;nobody is calling his head,good news he has time and managers trust to improve on them.
      I am not saying that he will or will not improve, all i am saying is that we will see in the fullness of time whether he does or does not do so... a shaky start, but I am not giving up on him yet...
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #662: Oct 19, 2016 07:04:25 pm
      Well stating the obvious, Moanorino done a number on us, like it or hate it we got a point.
      A year ago we would have probably conceded in the last minute and lost, but hey ho we didn't. We got a point so we have no choice but to move on and try and learn from it. Yes would have loved to be that shire of sh*t but we go again, chin up people we are finally moving forward instead of one step forward, and two back.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #663: Oct 19, 2016 07:37:14 pm
      Arguing against technology in our sport is akin to arguing against air traffic control in aviation. Refereeing mistakes ruin games, seasons, and campaigns, so if we need to stop the game a bit longer to get the correct call, so be it. Then you can't complain about the decision afterwards.

Can should have had a penalty in Monday for shirt pulling before his shot. The rules say shirt pulling is a foul. Why wasn't it given? Because we can't use the resources we have. It's a joke.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #664: Oct 19, 2016 08:34:16 pm
      Arguing against technology in our sport is akin to arguing against air traffic control in aviation. Refereeing mistakes ruin games, seasons, and campaigns, so if we need to stop the game a bit longer to get the correct call, so be it. Then you can't complain about the decision afterwards.

Can should have had a penalty in Monday for shirt pulling before his shot. The rules say shirt pulling is a foul. Why wasn't it given? Because we can't use the resources we have. It's a joke.

Hear what you are saying and agree, but unfortunately should have's dont get you nothing.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #665: Oct 19, 2016 08:44:31 pm
      Good to see my MOTM    Matip running second to Coutinho in the poll.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #666: Oct 19, 2016 08:48:52 pm
      Good to see my MOTM    Matip running second to Coutinho in the poll.

I voted for Matip as well Skip,I like the look of the lad.

Quick Reply