Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v West Brom : Saturday 22nd Oct : 5.30pm

Read 9283 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Liverpool v West Brom : Saturday 22nd Oct : 5.30pm
      Oct 19, 2016 03:54:25 pm
      The Utd game should have been great practice for facing the real Pulis although Milner and Clyne did a great job in making sure there was not many crosses faced by our CB's.

Great news that Gini is back in training so fully expect the midfield trio which has run amok to be back and running riot again.

Sturridge has shown he may not be the best striker when facing a West Brom type of set up so I would expect Firmino or Origi to start up front.

Karius
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Hendo
      Gini
      Lallana

Mane
      Coutinho
      Firmino

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2016 12:16:28 pm by JD »
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 43 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v West Brom : Saturday 22nd Oct : 5.30pm
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2016 04:06:13 pm
      Strongest possible side for this one, we face Spurs in the cup 3 days after this so we could rest a few in that game.

I'd go with:

Karius

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Lallana
      Henderson (c)
      Wijnaldum

Mane
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Subs: Mignolet; Lucas, Moreno; Emre Can, Grujic; Sturridge, Origi.

Expecting a tough game but I think we will win 2-0.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2016 04:58:41 pm
      United's tactics should have been good preparation for this :laugh:
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #3: Oct 19, 2016 05:01:52 pm
      Echo what's been said already in this thread with regards to the starting XI.

Karius

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Moreno (if Milner isn't fit)

Henderson
      Wijnaldum (if not fit, Emre)
      Lallana

Coutinho
      Mané
      Firmino
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #4: Oct 19, 2016 05:22:20 pm
      I'd be tempted to bring Moreno back in for this one, regardless of if Milner is fit or not.

He offers more natural width and we will need that against this bunch who will just sit in.

Think Sturridge should start also despite his recent poor form, can't see us creating too many chances and he is our best finisher despite everything.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #5: Oct 19, 2016 05:36:58 pm
      Important to score an early goal in this game. Then West Brom will not be able to sit back and "park the bus".
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2016 05:45:31 pm
      Neither Milner or Matip were in the training pics I posted in Ginis thread earlier. 

No idea why but I did hear that Milner went to hospital after Mondays game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2016 06:39:41 pm

Not surprised the way he was hacked down at every possibility on Monday Deb  :mad:

I just hope he's ready for Saturday.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2016 07:15:12 pm
      Not surprised the way he was hacked down at every possibility on Monday Deb  :mad:

I just hope he's ready for Saturday.

Yeah he took a battering Cas so hopefully it was just a precaution and nothing serious.  He's a tough old bird though so should be fine.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2016 07:27:18 pm
      Yeah he took a battering Cas so hopefully it was just a precaution and nothing serious.  He's a tough old bird though so should be fine.

I think it will take more than that to keep a good man down Deb ;) like you say he's a tough un !!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2016 09:40:37 pm
      If you're going keep an eye out for any of these on the roads around Anfield before kick off.. :roll:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2016 10:28:51 pm
      If you're going keep an eye out for any of these on the roads around Anfield before kick off.. :roll:

If those are the buses they are going to park up we should be okay as they are so old they will be stuck in neutral.By the way the buses look look old crash box AEC,s or Leylands to me.How do I know,I learned to drive in them with the L.C.P.T.
      Back on topic I am going for a big win for us but I will not reveal my predicted score as I don't want to jinx it.
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2016 07:59:25 am by Billy1 »
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2016 10:39:45 pm

No doubt Pulis will have been furiously tossing himself off watching Man Utd on Monday!

(Sorry to put that image in your head!)!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Oct 19, 2016 11:27:06 pm

Was that to remove Rashford from his arse pocket ;)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Oct 19, 2016 11:43:54 pm
      Was that to remove Rashford from his arse pocket ;)

:lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2016 11:47:29 pm
      Completely forgot this was another TV job this weekend. Think we have/had something like 6 games in a row on TV.

Can't wait for this game, hopefully we get back to winning ways :).
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Oct 20, 2016 08:46:22 am
      If those are the buses they are going to park up we should be okay as they are so old they will be stuck in neutral.By the way the buses look look old crash box AEC,s or Leylands to me.How do I know,I learned to drive in them with the L.C.P.T.
      Back on topic I am going for a big win for us but I will not reveal my predicted score as I don't want to jinx it.

Used to love those green Atlanteans Billy .....  and the old Crossys winding their way out to Widnes and other far flung places.
      When Lancs was Lancs  and men were men.
      Aye .
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2016 08:56:54 am by MIRO »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Oct 20, 2016 09:10:43 am
      Used to love those green Atlanteans Billy .....  and the old Crossys winding their way out to Widnes and other far flung places.
      When Lancs was Lancs  and men were men.
      Aye .

As you know Skip I drove for crosville as well,they had a fleet of Bristols and they were also crashboxes and it was satisfying to drive them without crashing the gears.I also drove for Ribble as well.Back on topic,
      We will still beat West Brom with or without buses parked up
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #18: Oct 20, 2016 10:46:26 am
      Gini and Lallana back in for this one.

And back to winning ways. 6-1.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #19: Oct 20, 2016 11:06:16 am
      You can't press against a team that doesn't play football. We will have 70% possession on Saturday, WBA will be more than happy to sit 10 behind the ball and watch us play sideways football again.

Completely gobsmacked at how much criticism Danny has received after United. He wasn't involved no, but we didn't get the ball into him and the nearest team mate was always 25 yards away from him. The opening post is all wrong, this is EXACTLY the type of game we need Danny in. Its ones where we press and play at a high tempo that its best to go with Firmino. In these type of games we need quality and Danny is one of few players we have who has that quality. Energy, tempo, pressing isn't enough. We need top class players on the ball who have the ability to unlock a defence with a pass or who can finish half a chance if given the opportunity. Danny has to play.

We need pace out wide and trickery in the middle. I'd give Milner and well earned rest for this one and go with Moreno. Apart from a few set pieces we won't have much defending to do so get Albert on and tell him to hog that touch line an give us some width. Clyne needs to get forward much more than he did on Monday too.  Mane starts obviously and on the left I'd go with Firmino. He is quicker than Coutinho + Phil is better on the ball than him so for this type of fixture Phil needs to be in the middle. Henderson sits with Lallana the other player - we were far too static with Can in there the other night so have Lallana and Coutinho moving about getting on the ball causing havoc, making forward runs and supporting Danny.

Karius

Clyne       Lovren     Matip     Moreno

Coutinho  Hendo  Lallana

Mane              Sturridge             Firmino
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #20: Oct 20, 2016 11:42:43 am
      United's tactics should have been good preparation for this :laugh:
      Understand what you mean, but being prepared and being able to break down this type of defense are two very different things... For me; it is hard to understand why we find it so difficult... Playing with Firmino, Coutinho, and Lallana Three of our (one would argue) most creative players on the pitch, we struggle to break these types of team down...Liverpool FC has a strange feel about them this season... They do not have the feel they did the past three or four seasons ago. You do not so much expect them to score in a game, so much as you hope they will score, If that makes sense..., In the past with players like Torres,Suarez,Kuyt,Maxi etc when the ball fell at thier feet you  expected/ almost knew that you would see that net bulging, even with Sturridge of three seasons ago. Now you just hope to see it bulging...  I still feel that with Firmino and Coutinho up front in a front three that you do not get the best from either Firmino or Coutinho and that with Coutinho playing behind the front three you have a greater attacking threat and we can get in behind teams easier...   
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #21: Oct 20, 2016 12:03:13 pm
      I believe there's a slim chance that we'll score beautifully crafted goals. WBA will play ugly to get a point, so we have to do the same to score. No time and opportunity to play beautiful football. We need to keep pounding the ball into their box. The ball will somehow bounced off someone's arse into goal and it's is veryt difficult to keep the defence organised for full 90 minutes and at some point of time their defence  is gonna get tired and mistakes will be there for us to capitalise on.

I saw Inge in the reserve game and I hope he's given a chance. he's the type of swashbuckling player that can bulldoze through their defence and unsettles them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #22: Oct 20, 2016 12:06:30 pm
      You can't press against a team that doesn't play football. We will have 70% possession on Saturday, WBA will be more than happy to sit 10 behind the ball and watch us play sideways football again.

Completely gobsmacked at how much criticism Danny has received after United. He wasn't involved no, but we didn't get the ball into him and the nearest team mate was always 25 yards away from him. The opening post is all wrong, this is EXACTLY the type of game we need Danny in. Its ones where we press and play at a high tempo that its best to go with Firmino. In these type of games we need quality and Danny is one of few players we have who has that quality. Energy, tempo, pressing isn't enough. We need top class players on the ball who have the ability to unlock a defence with a pass or who can finish half a chance if given the opportunity. Danny has to play.

We need pace out wide and trickery in the middle. I'd give Milner and well earned rest for this one and go with Moreno. Apart from a few set pieces we won't have much defending to do so get Albert on and tell him to hog that touch line an give us some width. Clyne needs to get forward much more than he did on Monday too.  Mane starts obviously and on the left I'd go with Firmino. He is quicker than Coutinho + Phil is better on the ball than him so for this type of fixture Phil needs to be in the middle. Henderson sits with Lallana the other player - we were far too static with Can in there the other night so have Lallana and Coutinho moving about getting on the ball causing havoc, making forward runs and supporting Danny.

Karius

Coutinho  Hendo  Lallana

I think you give Moreno too much credence in his ability to generate anything going forward, smashing ball across the penalty area has not so far yielded much success!

If Milner needs a rest I would rather have AA Trent in the side although I note he played for the U23's the other night.

Edit: I am a huge fan of Danny but saying he didn't get the ball is nonsense as the fact is his first touch was atrocious and he hardly made any attempt to find space - jogging around against Utd will never cut the mustard.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #23: Oct 20, 2016 12:16:19 pm
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #24: Oct 20, 2016 12:51:01 pm
      I think you give Moreno too much credence in his ability to generate anything going forward, smashing ball across the penalty area has not so far yielded much success!

If Milner needs a rest I would rather have AA Trent in the side although I note he played for the U23's the other night.

Edit: I am a huge fan of Danny but saying he didn't get the ball is nonsense as the fact is his first touch was atrocious and he hardly made any attempt to find space - jogging around against Utd will never cut the mustard.

I'm arguably Moreno's biggest critic, I actually can't stand him. The one and ONLY thing he has going for him though is pace. Its something Milner can't offer us I'm afraid. Milner naturally drifts inside on his stronger foot too and that's the last thing we need in a game like this. WBA will be very narrow playing with three centre halves. What Moreno can or can't do on the ball doesn't particularly matter, it's more about the positions he will find himself in which will then create space for others. Having Moreno hog that touch line with the threat of his pace to get in behind the WBA defence is only going to drag their defenders over which is going to give the likes of Coutinho more time/space on the ball. So playing Moreno in this game accommodates our other players more, in my opinion anyway.

I posted in the manc thread stating my season ticket seat is at the back of the upper cenny and you can see the movement of the players clearly, you have a birds eye view basically.  Danny has come in for some unfair criticism in my opinion - he had no support, nobody got near him. The quality we had in the middle of the park was atrocious - neither Hendo or Can got their foot on the ball. We had nothing out wide either, I don't remember Mane touching the ball and Firmino wasn't much better. Sturridge was completely isolated. We could have had Suarez and it would have been the exact same.  The few times he was involved I agree his touch wasn't great, but neither was anybody elses. We weren't better when sturridge came off & firmino lead the line, we were better because Lallana came on and we needed somebody who was going to move and get on the ball in the middle.  Do you think if that emre Can chance fell to Sturridge he would have fluffed it? No chance. That's 1-0 and the game is won. That's why we play Danny in a game like this.

We might only get one chance like that on Saturday and who in our squad do we want it to fall too?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Oct 20, 2016 03:02:30 pm

Karius

Coutinho  Hendo  Lallana

I'm pretty sure Milner wouldn't want that well earned rest :D. If he's fit then I would expect him to start, there's no reason for him not to. I don't think Gini should be risked if he's not 100%, I'd go with your lineup (Milner for Moreno though). If he is fit then we may well see he come in for Sturridge.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Oct 20, 2016 03:14:52 pm
      What i would do but know it won't happen:

Karius

Milner     Matip     Lovren     Moreno

Lucas

Lallana     Wijnaldum

Mane          Firmino          Coutinho

Clyne's delivery is sh*t and he won't have the space to run in behind so i say whack Milner there and use his delivery. Same for Moreno on the left.

Hendo won't play a killer pass and Lucas controls the game from deep.

Like i said, wont happen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Oct 20, 2016 07:31:30 pm
      Full squad available?

Klopp's press conference today - love him not being arsed by Mourinho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flq0vcQkgbk
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #28: Oct 20, 2016 07:39:19 pm
      I wonder if we'll see Ings get a few minutes here with an eye to him starting against Spurs in the League Cup?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Oct 20, 2016 07:59:16 pm
      I wonder if we'll see Ings get a few minutes here with an eye to him starting against Spurs in the League Cup?

He's more than deserved an appearance in one of the next two games. He's not moaned or caused a fuss, he's simply got his head down, played some really good football for the u23's and seems to have enjoyed every minute of it from what I've seen.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #30: Oct 20, 2016 08:06:46 pm
      Pace no good against a team who sits back so Moreno not suited as his passing or delivery not upto it. Needs patience and  creative players Couts in hole Sturridge up front and in the box  not coming and collecting half way line
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #31: Oct 20, 2016 09:13:52 pm
      What i would do but know it won't happen:

Karius

Milner     Matip     Lovren     Moreno

Lucas

Lallana     Wijnaldum

Mane          Firmino          Coutinho

Clyne's delivery is sh*t and he won't have the space to run in behind so i say whack Milner there and use his delivery. Same for Moreno on the left.

Hendo won't play a killer pass and Lucas controls the game from deep.

Like i said, wont happen.

You are right. It won't happen. :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32: Oct 20, 2016 09:45:37 pm
      He's more than deserved an appearance in one of the next two games. He's not moaned or caused a fuss, he's simply got his head down, played some really good football for the u23's and seems to have enjoyed every minute of it from what I've seen.

Been banging in the goals as well .
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #33: Oct 21, 2016 09:36:24 am
      Keep the momentum going, no need to make changes to what we've seen work all season. I do enjoy this "well I think if we bring in Sakho on the right wing" and "I think Lucas could do a real job up front to neutralise their centre back"

Some excellent team selections so far ;D

Karius
      Clyne     Matip      Lovren    Milner
             Henderson     Wijnaldum
                        Lallana
      Mane          Firmino        Coutinho

Get an early goal and we'll smash them. 4-0.

biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #34: Oct 21, 2016 10:36:24 am
      Will be a tough game and all depends on getting that first goal, if it comes early happy days, if not hopefully the lads wont get frustrated and will stick to the game plan. We have enough to beat Pulis
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35: Oct 21, 2016 10:40:50 am

A valuable and well thought out response.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Oct 21, 2016 12:16:35 pm

What more do you want Crouchie? :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #37: Oct 21, 2016 12:21:52 pm
      Stoke have won 1 away game this season which was at Crystal Palace at the start of the season.
      By all accounts they were battered by Spurs at home last week but still got a draw so although they don't score much as you would expect from a Pulis team they are difficult to beat.

We just need to keep patient and focussed and not getting caught out by a sucker punch.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38: Oct 21, 2016 01:17:21 pm
      We have enough to wipe the floor with this lot..
      I trust Jürgen to put a team out that is capable of collecting 3 more valuable points on our way to the top of the tree.

Despite that shithouse performance from the mancs the other night it didn't waiver my belief that we are getting stronger and stronger as the season progress's.

3-0

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39: Oct 21, 2016 02:52:54 pm
      Not sure about the rest of the side but  I'd play Ings (Wolverine) in this game. Let him try to crash their bus for 90 minutes.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Oct 21, 2016 03:53:48 pm
      I appreciate the interest in seeing Ings play more, but I really do not expect it. He might be on the bench for Spurs, but he's still fourth-choice for one spot. Firmino is likely there Saturday and Sturridge on Tuesday, with Origi off the bench. I like Ings too, but the math isn't good for him at the moment.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #41: Oct 21, 2016 04:33:13 pm

I did my best. ;)
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #42: Oct 21, 2016 06:27:31 pm
      Stoke have won 1 away game this season which was at Crystal Palace at the start of the season.
      By all accounts they were battered by Spurs at home last week but still got a draw so although they don't score much as you would expect from a Pulis team they are difficult to beat.

We just need to keep patient and focussed and not getting caught out by a sucker punch.

Wouldn't worry to much about Stoke, more interested in the match against West Brom.  ;D
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #43: Oct 21, 2016 06:36:35 pm

Wouldn't worry to much about Stoke, more interested in the match against West Brom.  ;D

Haha!  Easy mistake to make though! 

Same thing in different coloured stripes...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #44: Oct 21, 2016 06:50:48 pm

Haha just noticed that, think of Pulis and Stoke comes to mind straight away!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #45: Oct 21, 2016 07:59:12 pm
      Not sure about the rest of the side but  I'd play Ings (Wolverine) in this game. Let him try to crash their bus for 90 minutes.

He probably deserves a game, but who do you drop? If Gini isn't fully fit, then perhaps Ings comes in with Coutinho dropping into midfield, but if he is fit then the team picks itself and Ings isn't in it....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #46: Oct 21, 2016 08:47:38 pm
      Gone for a gung ho 3-0.  Ings to get the third.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #47: Oct 21, 2016 10:34:51 pm
      Quick question for a local , in relation to the ground at  which end of breck road would no 90 be ?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #48: Oct 21, 2016 10:39:14 pm
      must win game for me.  heh they all are of course

however, it is imperative we keep pace of the first place teams esp we have a stretch of relatively easier teams
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Oct 21, 2016 11:11:46 pm
      I fancy us to win this fairly comfortably.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #50: Oct 21, 2016 11:12:55 pm
      Looking forward to this game and hoping to get back on track with a nice little hard earned win, won't be easy at all, always hard to break down these but hopefully we'll have enough to get the three points.

Team = Karius, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Come on Redmen, let's do this !!

Not an early start in the morning, but I still need me beauty sleep  :D Enjoy the game tomorrow everyone, Anfield, second time in a week  8) Come on !!
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #51: Oct 22, 2016 04:16:28 am
      Would like to see Origi get the nod ahead of Sturridge.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #52: Oct 22, 2016 08:30:36 am
      Will be on a bus when the game is happening, will be on here for updates.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #53: Oct 22, 2016 08:44:35 am
      Would like to see Origi get the nod ahead of Sturridge.
      I see it the other way round mate... Origi's biggest attribute (in my opinion obviously) is his ability to run the channels and perhaps press defenders but...

In a game which is, more than likely, going to be compressed into their third, with no channels to run; we will need our more prolific players to have their shooting boots on and players with good close control - that, for me, would be Sturridge rather than Origi.

Then again... we will dominate possession so why not, sacrifice a defender, play 3 at the back, use width to get behind WBA and play both Dans and or Divock?  ;D
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #54: Oct 22, 2016 09:30:47 am
      Then again... we will dominate possession so why not, sacrifice a defender, play 3 at the back, use width to get behind WBA and play both Dans and or Divock?  ;D

Yeah then we could play Mane and Coutinho at wing back and...

Wait. Brendan?!?  ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #55: Oct 22, 2016 09:41:54 am
      All of you pushing for Moreno to return for his pace getting forward. When he makes those runs from a defensive position, after we have won the ball back, don't then slaughter him when someone else loses possession in the middle of the park after he's made his run. This allows the opposition winger to push in behind him. Don't be too clever pushing out, get the ball down the line early !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #56: Oct 22, 2016 09:53:20 am
      I can't get my head round Sturridge performances, or perhaps his attitude.
      Is he saying...
      "no thanks to all that running round, I'll do it my way"
      Or is it that he just 'CAN'T' put the big effort into pressing that's required under Klopp ?
      He's clearly a talented striker, but does he fit into this style of footy, or does not want to ?
      For whatever reason, he's clearly been far from his best for most of this season.
      I'm hoping he can turn it around and notch a couple today if he starts.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #57: Oct 22, 2016 09:55:50 am
      3-0
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #58: Oct 22, 2016 10:08:05 am

Just as well we're playing West Brom so.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #59: Oct 22, 2016 10:12:23 am
      Think we need to play one holding midfielder only here play lallana with Couts and henderson allowing sturridge to play right up top
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #60: Oct 22, 2016 10:30:32 am
      Sturridge can you just stay in the box please? Thank you.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #61: Oct 22, 2016 10:51:35 am
      Quick question for a local , in relation to the ground at  which end of breck road would no 90 be ?

It's near The Cabbage pub.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #62: Oct 22, 2016 11:14:10 am
      Looking forward to this game and hoping to get back on track with a nice little hard earned win, won't be easy at all, always hard to break down these but hopefully we'll have enough to get the three points.

Team = Karius, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Come on Redmen, let's do this !!

Not an early start in the morning, but I still need me beauty sleep  :D Enjoy the game tomorrow everyone, Anfield, second time in a week  8) Come on !!

Do you sleep a long time MsG  ;)  ;D

Agree with your team selection btw.......

INCOMING!!!!!!!!

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #63: Oct 22, 2016 11:35:03 am
      This on Sky or BT?.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #64: Oct 22, 2016 11:36:39 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #65: Oct 22, 2016 11:55:19 am
      Will be on a bus when the game is happening, will be on here for updates.

So will West Brom.

3:30am kick off zzzzzzzzzz :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #66: Oct 22, 2016 11:58:11 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #67: Oct 22, 2016 12:19:16 pm
      Anyone watching Football Focus? We have to watch out for Chadli, he's on form to be fair.

Would love 3 points today!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #68: Oct 22, 2016 12:22:38 pm
      Anyone watching Football Focus? We have to watch out for Chadli, he's on form to be fair.

Would love 3 points today!

I'm usually at work when it's on, not today though, instead I'm by the pool drinking raki.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #69: Oct 22, 2016 12:28:17 pm
      I'm usually at work when it's on, not today though, instead I'm by the pool drinking raki.

Raki, is that Turkish mate?..
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #70: Oct 22, 2016 12:49:40 pm
      8 games without a win against Pulis. He knows to defend, all of his clubs supporters hate his football, but he keeps them in the prem year after year.

If we win this will be very big and shut everyone up about how we cannot break teams down.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #71: Oct 22, 2016 01:08:14 pm
      8 games without a win against Pulis. He knows to defend, all of his clubs supporters hate his football, but he keeps them in the prem year after year.

If we win this will be very big and shut everyone up about how we cannot break teams down.

8 games?! That's a worrying stat.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #72: Oct 22, 2016 01:43:49 pm
      8 games?! That's a worrying stat.

Let's hope it a stat that changes for the better today
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #73: Oct 22, 2016 01:54:49 pm

Cheers John .
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #74: Oct 22, 2016 02:04:43 pm
      He knows to defend, all of his clubs supporters hate his football, but he keeps them in the prem year after year.

When you manage to do that, people expect more. Which is why he always gets the sack eventually.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #75: Oct 22, 2016 02:10:17 pm

The thing is though, there's never any progression when he's in charge.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #76: Oct 22, 2016 02:17:35 pm
      The thing is though, there's never any progression when he's in charge.

Staying up season after season is probably progress for a team like WBA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #77: Oct 22, 2016 02:26:19 pm
      A must win, it's a tricky fixture but we have enough quality to see them off even if the conductor Pulis does decide to park the bus...

Have to win to keep the momentum.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #78: Oct 22, 2016 02:34:02 pm

Aye, only 2 days left here though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #79: Oct 22, 2016 04:00:20 pm