Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match thread..Liverpool v Spurs League Cup 4th Rd 25/10/16 KO 7.45pm

Read 6021 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Pre-match thread..Liverpool v Spurs League Cup 4th Rd 25/10/16 KO 7.45pm
      Reply #46: Oct 25, 2016 01:32:21 pm
      And it's off to the match I go.....we love to see the lasses with the red scarfs on, we love to hear the Kopites roar !!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

Enjoy the game everyone, live on sky sports later, taking my seat in the new main stand for the first time this season, should be good and it will be nice to see the Kop in full flow instead of being in it !!

Let's do these good and proper and find ourselves in the hat for the next round  ;D

Come on you mighty REDS !!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Oct 25, 2016 01:40:22 pm
      Hope to see no more than 3 or 4 changes, play a strong side and look to win it. Spuds have Europe, so can't have the same will to win this one. In saying that, they don't roll over easily, so wouldn't like to see wholesale changes.
      Obviously have to keep keep an eye on the main prize (PL) but when not in Europe this comp has a bit more significance imo.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #48: Oct 25, 2016 01:56:31 pm
      But lads if were hoping to contest the league we cant bring the same players to the well every game. It will run dry before may. Plus we have some very god players not seeing game time and they'll need it A) to keep there spirits up and B) eventually they will be needed due to injuries , suspensions or poor form and how could they be ready if they have had little or no serious game time?
      Surely if we 'have some very good players not seeing game time' [now] the well won't run dry later?  :-\

Truth is... it's as broad as it's long.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm not sure when or why categorisation of trophies started (for Reds
      fans) but the fact is, the league cup has been good to us. I'd hate to see us piss on the competition or throw it away because someone was afraid that maybe, perhaps, possibly (29 league games from now), our best players will all be too tired (and their replacements too rusty) to win at home to Middlesbrough.  :P

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Oct 25, 2016 02:17:42 pm
      Not sure if you're referring to our prediction league (I'll let our mods handle this). But the actual match format is 90 minutes followed by extra time, failing which, penalties.

Sorry, yes, I mean the prediction contest. The League Cup has shunned replays for as long as I can remember.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Oct 25, 2016 02:27:05 pm
      Surprised to see so many of you leaving Divock Origi out of the team. I would expect him to be perhaps the highest priority for getting back into a rhythm with match action. Unless perhaps Jürgen intends to use some of those players tonight and some vs. Palac, keeping an overall stronger lineup for each - but if Barrett is correct it sounds like it will be heavy changes tonight.

But Divock needs to play.
      slybone
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #51: Oct 25, 2016 02:29:26 pm
      Anyone want a free ticket to tonights match? Front row, first tier new main stand. No messing, I just can’t make the game and don’t know anyone who can go. First to request will have it, I only have 1.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #52: Oct 25, 2016 03:29:10 pm
      Starting 11
      Mignolet
      Arnold
      Klaven
      Lucas
      Moreno
      Gigi
      Grugic
      Stewart
      Ings
      Sturridge
      Origi
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #53: Oct 25, 2016 03:46:17 pm
      Both squads and starters rotated, 2 nil redmen!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #54: Oct 25, 2016 04:26:45 pm
      Surely if we 'have some very good players not seeing game time' [now] the well won't run dry later?  :-\

fans) but the fact is, the league cup has been good to us. I'd hate to see us piss on the competition or throw it away because someone was afraid that maybe, perhaps, possibly (29 league games from now), our best players will all be too tired (and their replacements too rusty) to win at home to Middlesbrough.  :P

Bub, you have a way with words that most of the time for me anyway makes perfect sense!

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #55: Oct 25, 2016 04:28:27 pm
      Starting 11
      Mignolet
      Arnold
      Klaven
      Lucas
      Moreno
      Gigi
      Grugic
      Stewart
      Ings
      Sturridge
      Origi

Hope the bench is strong because I'm just not a fan of Lucas at CB.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #56: Oct 25, 2016 04:33:00 pm
      Hope the bench is strong because I'm just not a fan of Lucas at CB.

I think he does a decent job there to be fair to him. Maybe not him and Klavan though, Matip has to be in there if Lucas is.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #57: Oct 25, 2016 04:35:53 pm

Who said p*ss it away, why would playing Origi and Sturridge instead of Coutinho and Firmino be pis*ing it away?

And the tiredness that COULD cost us, would come long before last day of the season. A lot our teams have seen the same 11 start. Most of those also spend time with there national sides. The next 2 months are busy periods. Add our style of game to that and anyone who thinks players wont feel it are fooling themselves. They will need a rest or they will get injured and when that happens we will just expect Grujic or Ings or Lucas to step in and continue as if nothing was wrong. Doesn't work that way. Players need to play competitive games to be sharp.

Id love to win the league cup but if getting players a rest and other players game time means we might not win it but were stronger for it come March April and May going for the title ill be happy
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Oct 25, 2016 05:05:39 pm
      Still no official team news ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #59: Oct 25, 2016 05:06:49 pm

Oops.. my phone just refreshed/updated and I found it !
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #60: Oct 25, 2016 05:25:41 pm
      It could be this line-up according to the Echo
      Liverpool: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Klavan, Lucas, Moreno, Stewart, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Mane, Origi, Sturridge

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-team-selector-time-12072546

personally I would hope not so many changes
      but Klopp is the manager and surely he knows best

YNWA

Quick Reply