Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre Match: Southampton V Liverpool (19th Nov 2016 - 3pm)

Read 10937 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre Match: Southampton V Liverpool (19th Nov 2016 - 3pm)
      Nov 12, 2016 02:14:24 pm

I'm already thinking about this one. I remember back to 13/14 when we beat these away and it really made me believe we were onto something special because those were the types of games we usually seemed to fall short in. Obviously it is only November but this would really show we mean business. In the "Our difficult 8 game start is over - and now..." thread this is the game I looked at as being the most difficult especially as it comes after the internationals.

Hopefully, we can have better luck this time around and everyone stays fit. On team selection I see no reason to alter with Can keeping his place ahead of Wijnaldum with 2 goals in 2 games. Luckily for me and us Irish fans, this is one of the 3pm kick offs on Sky Sports! A draw wouldn't be a disaster but I'm hoping we can sneak a 2-1 win!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2016 09:25:51 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Changed year.. »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Pre Match: Southampton V Liverpool (19th Nov 2019 - 3pm)
      Reply #1: Nov 12, 2016 03:00:30 pm
      The old Dell was a flea pit .
      Used to get pissed out of my tiny in The Archers after spending some time chasing illicit pursuits in Bevois Valley, Cranbury Avenue and Derby Road.

Ugh.
      Boring place ,  boring people Southampton.

1-3 to us.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2016 03:39:21 pm
      How is this one not on TV and Boro v Chelsea and West Brom v Burnley is?
      Tough game I wouldn't be distraught with a draw
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2016 03:41:24 pm

It is in Ireland :)
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2016 03:44:33 pm

All round PGlynn's then  :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2016 04:03:31 pm
      BYOB  ;D :ernaehrung004:
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2016 04:14:52 pm
      Can't wait for this! I like Southampton and we're slowing stealing all their talent so we should know quite a lot about them by now :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2016 04:41:10 pm

We've played 14 games so far this season and we've been on TV 11 times. I'm sure you'll survive the next couple of games not being on TV :D. We're then on TV for 9 of the following 11 games.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #8: Nov 12, 2016 05:09:56 pm
      We've played 14 games so far this season and we've been on TV 11 times. I'm sure you'll survive the next couple of games not being on TV :D. We're then on TV for 9 of the following 11 games.

Ha is that right? Fair point but I'd much rather see this game on live TV that Hull, Watford and Swansea to name 3 of the games we have been on live UK tv little strange
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Nov 12, 2016 08:14:30 pm
      We have to get 3 points from this match and consolidate our position at the top of the league.Can we do it of course we can. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Nov 12, 2016 08:19:30 pm
      Ha is that right? Fair point but I'd much rather see this game on live TV that Hull, Watford and Swansea to name 3 of the games we have been on live UK tv little strange

You can check what games of ours are on TV through the official club site.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Nov 12, 2016 09:25:11 pm
      I know we like to look forward but......2019 ?? Really  :laugh:

Should be a cracker of a game this and can see our forward line ripping into these big time  8) Go Reds !!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre Match: Southampton V Liverpool (19th Nov 2016 - 3pm)
      Reply #12: Nov 12, 2016 11:56:03 pm
      Ordinarily I'd fancy us to win this comfortably but coming off the back of an international break who knows, I'd settle for a nervy 2-1 to us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13: Nov 13, 2016 01:16:14 am
      International football has been so painful to endure as it disrupts the Prem, and more importantly disrupts a good going red team.

Southampton have always been one of those numerous tricky fixtures for us. I don't know if they are anything like the Southampton under Pochettino or Koeman, and we've asset stripped their team over the recent years, to boot. They lie 10th in the league and with all things considered I'm pretty confident (not cocky never am) that we can get a result here against these.

We look a really good, formidable team at the moment, and if our goalkeeper (who hasn't convinced yet) and defense are able to run a tight ship on Saturday I think everything else should take care of itself.

Can't wait.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #14: Nov 13, 2016 11:32:43 am
      Looking at Saints forums they are very pessimistic of getting a result and seem more fixated on what songs they can sing to their ex players  :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,281 posts | 763 
      Reply #15: Nov 13, 2016 12:22:17 pm
      Think we blew the lead, last time that we played the Saints away. Tighten up at the back and secure all three points.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Nov 13, 2016 12:32:13 pm
      Looking at Saints forums they are very pessimistic of getting a result and seem more fixated on what songs they can sing to their ex players  :lmao:

I think it's understandable that they'd be slightly pessimistic. They've won 1 in 5 and they're not exactly banging the goals in.For the games that they've played they should definitely be higher than 10th. If they had their sh*t together they'd be sitting in 6th or 7th right now.

I think it's understandable that they hate us for buying their best players too, must be so annoying for them come transfer window time.

Some of the comments are ridiculous though. One person saying we'll take our one and only chance and win 1-0. He's in for a rude awakening if the thinks we'll only create one chance.

I had nothing against them until I saw this...

Agree, lets think of some really nasty ones that might actually affect them....

Lallana about his baby not being his.. (didn't his girlfriend, now wife, cheat on him whilst on a girls holiday)
      Lovren about his wife having an affair with a lumberjack

Any suggestions?

I hope we bury the cu*ts now!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Nov 13, 2016 01:17:45 pm
      I think it's understandable that they'd be slightly pessimistic. They've won 1 in 5 and they're not exactly banging the goals in.For the games that they've played they should definitely be higher than 10th. If they had their sh*t together they'd be sitting in 6th or 7th right now.

I think it's understandable that they hate us for buying their best players too, must be so annoying for them come transfer window time.

Some of the comments are ridiculous though. One person saying we'll take our one and only chance and win 1-0. He's in for a rude awakening if the thinks we'll only create one chance.

Saw those comments myself mate.  What horrible fuckers would think that's acceptable although I did like the ones about Virgil van Dijk being ours for £40m was funny.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #18: Nov 13, 2016 01:42:35 pm

I hate nothing more than chants that involve family members...lowest of the low.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Nov 13, 2016 02:30:39 pm
      We have to get 3 points from this match and consolidate our position at the top of the league.

Can we do it of course we can. :kop5cf8koxp6:

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #20: Nov 13, 2016 06:01:58 pm
      Hendo, Lallana, Wijnaldum - all played 90 mins last week and will probably another 90 mins as well. Coutinho did 80, Studge did 75 but will definitely start their next respective games as well. Given that Clyne is 2nd choice RB for England, at least we'll have the same solid back-5. Can is nailed on to start. I guess Gini will start as this international break has offered him some much needed playing minutes after a brief time in our bench.

Hendo is Hendo, the lad runs and runs, would definitely start and give his all. Studge, Coutinho, Lallana to start from the bench.

Firmino - Origi - Mane
      Can - Hendo - Gini
      Milner - Lovren - Matip - Clyne
      Karius

Subs- Migs, Moreno, Lucas, Ejaria, Lallana, Coutinho, Studge
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #21: Nov 13, 2016 07:47:38 pm
      Basically any player who scores/plays very well for the Saints against us, we will be buying in the Summer!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Nov 13, 2016 08:16:09 pm

I was at St.Marys last season when they beat us, the vile chants towards our players, especially Lallana sickened me, I hope we batter them and shove the words down their scrawny little necks !!

Quick Reply