Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre match : Liverpool v Sunderland, Sat 26th Nov, 15.00

Read 7719 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre match : Liverpool v Sunderland, Sat 26th Nov, 15.00
      Nov 23, 2016 10:50:30 pm
      International break out of the way, Klopp has had them feeding on raw meat in training so time to get back to business.

Anything other than a complete hammering is going to be seen as disappointing, I am personally predicting that we will surpass the Hull score.

Always an extra incentive to rub it into a Moyes team.

Bearing in mind we will probably have 70% of the ball I would give Sturridge a run out, move Coutinho back to the Lallana position, no point risking Adam in this sort of game.

Karius
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Hendo
      Gini
      Coutinho

Mane
      Firmino
      Sturridge
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2016 08:46:06 am by HScRed1 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Sunderland, Sat 26th Nov, 15.00
      Reply #1: Nov 23, 2016 11:01:51 pm
      For the usual mob with the potential banana skin sh*t.

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/801383120528437248
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2016 11:19:26 pm

Some of these players they're missing are some of their main players and they're SO sh*t! Cattermole, McNair, Djilobodji etc. What a group :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2016 11:36:15 pm
      Some of these players they're missing are some of their main players and they're SO sh*t! Cattermole, McNair, Djilobodji etc. What a group :D

F***ing depressing :D

Anyway, 8-0 win.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Nov 24, 2016 01:17:58 am

Marius
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Hendo
      Gini
      Coutinho

Mane
      Firmino
      Sturridge

Only change for me would be Karius for Marius, but other than that, I agree with your team!!

Though I really can't see Klopp dropping Can tbh,  so I suspect we'll see the same team that played vs Southampton against Sunderland.

With those players missing and their "reserves" coming in, they'll probably be a lot stronger!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5: Nov 24, 2016 03:17:07 am
      Need to get back on track and get a win
      Don't underestimate the black cats now they have a good win under their belt. They'll be pumped up for sure.
      I would certainly play studge.
      Time for him to start some games in my opinion. Fully respect what the boss is doing and who he is currently selecting to start games but I would love to get Daniel up to speed again. I feel he is still incredibly under rated by many of our fans.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Nov 24, 2016 05:55:45 am
      I would like to see Origi and Sturridge be given their chance. Yes Coutinho, Firmino and Mane are very very good and have good stats, but I think Klopp is not very fair when he plays these 2 truly talented strikers only 10-20 min per game.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7: Nov 24, 2016 06:33:21 am
      I'd go with the team stated in the opener IF Lallana is out - much covered discussion of that one in the Sturridge thread.

I did read from someone on here who knows or bumped into Lallana's uncle? That he said he was a possible doubt for this one too.

That said, I cannot see Klopp starting Sturridge he's clearly not a favourite these days and I reckon he'll start with the same team he did at Southampton.

Either way, I'm pretty confident we'll get a good result, plus it's always nice to stick it to that whingey arse manager of theirs.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2016 07:50:05 am
      Id go:
                   Karius
      Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
           Cou  Hendo Can
      Mane     Sturridge  Firmino           
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Nov 24, 2016 07:56:49 am
      There can only be one result and that has got to be a resounding win for Jurgens MIGHTY REDS.We will not need beach balls either to beat the Moyes losers.Back on track and another 3 points.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #10: Nov 24, 2016 09:35:28 am
      Keep the team as close to our starting XI as possible, no point resting players, we need everyone firing and this should be a confidence booster.

I'm going 6-0, can't see any less than 4 going in against these.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #11: Nov 24, 2016 09:37:33 am
      Another 3 points to the Reds' unless there is a major upset, which is highly unlikely. Moyes' depressing run at Anfield, set to continue, with Sunderland's main aim should be damage limitation regarding the score line.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #12: Nov 24, 2016 10:18:34 am

I did read from someone on here who knows or bumped into Lallana's uncle? That he said he was a possible doubt for this one too.

Aye that was me.

Said he'd be missing for Southampton and Sunderland, that was last week so could be back ahead of schedule, although I wouldn't be risking him.

Was chatting to him last night again but he never mentioned Adam, so I assume nothing has changed and he'll not be available for selection.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13: Nov 24, 2016 10:22:08 am
      Aye that was me.

Said he'd be missing for Southampton and Sunderland, that was last week so could be back ahead of schedule, although I wouldn't be risking him.

Was chatting to him last night again but he never mentioned Adam, so I assume nothing has changed and he'll not be available for selection.

How do you know him higgy?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Nov 24, 2016 10:24:01 am
      Aye that was me.

I think Klopp mentioned it last week about him being set to miss this game too and possibly another one.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #15: Nov 24, 2016 11:09:44 am
      Think we can afford to take one of Gini/Can out (Can for me, very poor last week) and drop Coutinho into the middle so we can get Sturridge into the team for this one.

3 points and normal service resumed please Redmen!
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #16: Nov 24, 2016 11:19:14 am
      5.0 for us against the football genius 😀
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Nov 24, 2016 11:24:51 am
      Work hard and stick to our principles we should have more than enough for these.

Could Sturridge get a start? He could do with a league goal and we could do with a finisher in a game where we will create many chances.

I hope we bury one of our first oppertunities and draw them out. Waste them again and it could become stressful.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18: Nov 24, 2016 11:57:29 am
      Think we can afford to take one of Gini/Can out (Can for me, very poor last week) and drop Coutinho into the middle so we can get Sturridge into the team for this one.

3 points and normal service resumed please Redmen!

Why?? I really don't get this obsession with shoe-horning Sturridge into the team at all costs, its really weird.

I think we should stick with the team which has been demolishing teams left right and centre and lets go for a big big scoreline to improve the goal difference and send out a real message of intent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Nov 24, 2016 12:00:52 pm
      Why?? I really don't get this obsession with shoe-horning Sturridge into the team at all costs, its really weird.

I think we should stick with the team which has been demolishing teams left right and centre and lets go for a big big scoreline to improve the goal difference and send out a real message of intent.

Have we not been sending out 'messages of intent' since the start of the season? 3 points is all I'm arsed about, let everybody else worry about the message.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #20: Nov 24, 2016 12:15:38 pm

He lives across the road from me mate.

He's married to a woman from my town.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21: Nov 24, 2016 01:47:54 pm
      Same team as usual for me.  No dropping Cou into midfield to accomodate Studge he'll get his start on Tuesday against Leeds.  We've got 8 games in the next 5 weeks, followed by an even busier January if we win the Cup game next Tuesday so plenty of opportunities and need for rotation.

I'm glad they've got a couple of wins under their belt, it'll give them some confidence to try and take points off us instead of attempting to close up shop and take a draw.

We'll have far too much for them however they decide to play, I'm confident of a decent win for the Reds.  6-0 minimum.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Nov 24, 2016 08:35:12 pm
      Somehow their lot seem incredibly confident going into this game. Seen some predictions of 3-1 to them, 1-0 to them, 2-1 to them, 2-2 draws etc. A few people think they'll get battered.

Quick Reply